PDA

View Full Version : lucky charm / vodoo character (all the dice!)

Urukubarr
2019-02-11, 05:07 PM
so was designing a character around the idea of manipulating dice, rolls, chances, advantage and disadvantage, etc. to be very much a voodoo fate spinner character. I also like the concept because there are very few dead levels, your always getting something or doing something interesting. I also like the sideways progression and "options" over "damage"

so:

halfling with racial feat allowing you to use lucky on practically everyone (will also pick up the lucky feat when possible)
2 diviner wizard for the dice manipulation (cha focused character so no DC abilities, probably find familiar and other obvious utility spells)
1 hexblade for curse
3 (MAYBE) death cleric for negating crits, bless, and bane

and the rest Bard for obvious reasons (bard dice, vicious mockery being the main source of damage probably) was actually thinking of going college of glamour because I really like the 3rd level mantle ability to give everyone temp hp and a full move reaction. I imagined RP'ing it as looking like ethereal puppet strings manifest and seem to move you around. and thought having something like leadership eventually to stack on top of this once per long rest to further play on fate manipulation to make it harder to die.

anyway, initial idea, any thoughts?

Stygofthedump
2019-02-12, 03:59 AM
Check out Wild sorcerer