PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder List of Aquatic Races?

Palanan
2019-02-11, 05:09 PM
Has anyone curated a list of all the aquatic races in Pathfinder? I’ve found a fairly extensive list for 3.5, but my google-fu has stumbled when it comes to Pathfinder.

Ideally I’d like a list which covers all first-party Paizo material, but which does not have anything from 3.5 or earlier editions. Does anyone know if such a list has been compiled?

Geddy2112
2019-02-13, 01:10 PM
Are you referring to every aquatic race, or just PC playable races?

Playable races would be gillmen, merfolk, and undines with the amphibious racial trait.

Palanan
2019-02-13, 09:08 PM
I'm thinking every aquatic race, to get a sense of how many intelligent species are coexisting (or not) in the oceans.

I know 3.5 had scads of them, but I have a feeling that there are many fewer in Pathfinder.

Mechalich
2019-02-13, 09:17 PM
Has anyone curated a list of all the aquatic races in Pathfinder? I’ve found a fairly extensive list for 3.5, but my google-fu has stumbled when it comes to Pathfinder.

Ideally I’d like a list which covers all first-party Paizo material, but which does not have anything from 3.5 or earlier editions. Does anyone know if such a list has been compiled?

The supplement Blood of the Sea covers pretty much everything excepting Naiads (Bestiary 6).

Off the top of my head I think the list is:
Adaro
Aquatic Elf
Cecaelia
Gillman
Grindylow
Locathah
Merfolk
Naiad
Sahuagin
Triton
Undine

There are also a couple of not-quite-playable aquatic beasties like Skum and Ceratioidi in the various bestiaries.

Gnaeus
2019-02-14, 07:17 AM
Don’t forget Deep Ones. The hybrids are only semi aquatic. For those fishy fisherman types.