PDA

View Full Version : Campaigns for 3.5e

Keroro04
2019-02-11, 05:48 PM
So I am new to 3.5e, just discovered it and I do have a interest in it. But I don't really know where to look for a open weekly campaign for 3.5e to play with, nor how to make a sheet. I have a basic idea for a character, namely a Hill Giant Sorcerer lady, but I don't know what to do for making the sheet or where to look for campaigns to join. What should I do?

Mike Miller
2019-02-11, 05:51 PM
Look at local game stores for games (most likely 5e), online play by post on this forum (and others I guess), roll20 (and other online table tops) are some ways

Keroro04
2019-02-11, 05:58 PM
Checking Roll20, but there are barely any games available in 3.5e. Is there any other way to do it online?

Blackhawk748
2019-02-11, 05:59 PM
So I am new to 3.5e, just discovered it and I do have a interest in it. But I don't really know where to look for a open weekly campaign for 3.5e to play with, nor how to make a sheet. I have a basic idea for a character, namely a Hill Giant Sorcerer lady, but I don't know what to do for making the sheet or where to look for campaigns to join. What should I do?

What Mike Miller said. Also, build advice for you. Don't play an actual Hill Giant unless you DM is very, very nice to you on the Racial Hit Dice or the Level Adjustment, or unless you are playing Gestalt. You can basically get what you want by playing a Half Giant Sorcerer.

But ya, you can go take a look in the Recruiting sub forum on here and even make a request for a begginer game if you so desire, someone may be nice to you.

Keroro04
2019-02-11, 06:06 PM
Thank you for the help. I'm gonna search for a group for a long campaign in the Recruitment Subforum now.

Falontani
2019-02-11, 07:26 PM
Primordial Half Giant is a good base for pretty much any spellcaster, especially if la buy off is allowed. Cheese: Incarnate Construct Primordial Half Giant Effigy.

Kurald Galain
2019-02-11, 09:16 PM

Look into Pathfinder Society, either on various message forums or in your local game stores. Pathfinder rules are pretty similar to 3.5 and this is a huge ongoing campaign that has presence everywhere.

Crake
2019-02-11, 10:12 PM
Look into Pathfinder Society, either on various message forums or in your local game stores. Pathfinder rules are pretty similar to 3.5 and this is a huge ongoing campaign that has presence everywhere.

To be fair, support for this is going to dwindle with the advent of pathfinder 2

Mike Miller
2019-02-12, 11:25 AM
To be fair, support for this is going to dwindle with the advent of pathfinder 2

I second this notion. Such is the way with these things

Kurald Galain
2019-02-12, 11:36 AM

I seriously doubt that. PFS has about 300 printed adventures, so any PFS group that wishes to stick with Pathfinder 1 (and frankly I'm expecting that many will) can continue to play from these for several years.

Mike Miller
2019-02-12, 08:37 PM
I seriously doubt that. PFS has about 300 printed adventures, so any PFS group that wishes to stick with Pathfinder 1 (and frankly I'm expecting that many will) can continue to play from these for several years.

Based on past instances of new editions coming out and watching these things lose support over time, it seems likely. P2 would have to bomb hard to keep the original going strong. It takes time, mind you, but it will happen.