PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bloodline Curses

mehs
2019-02-11, 11:38 PM
What is the feasibility of using a variant of bestow curse that does a minor curse effect or such on someone's bloodline.
The closest I can find to it in the rules as written is the werewolf shape 15th level arcane discover that lets you turn into a werewolf with beast shape IV+ which includes being able to infect other people with lycanthropy.

The curse that I thought of of minor effect, major far reaching consequences, is cursing someone's bloodline to only produce children of a single sex, male or female. The major far reaching consequences of this is as time goes on, the curse would affect a larger and larger population and gradually turn the species and all species that interbreed with it into a single gender which would lead to an eventual extinction for the entire breeding population.

Geddy2112
2019-02-13, 01:02 PM
You mean like the spell bestow curse? That's entirely subject to dm discretion, but I don't see it as anything they would disallow. I could see using any of the oracle curses as suitable curses, so long as they are not any more powerful than the listed effects of the spell. The curse can also be removed by magic, and a curse that transfers in the blood would probably be outside the bounds of the spell bestow curse. A wish or miracle spell could probably do it. It is also worth noting remove curse can break this kind of effect, where sorcerer bloodline and oracle curses require deity intervention.

Lycanthropy is a curse, not the kind you bestow but the kind you catch. Like mummy rot, but these are more disease style curses and while transferable, can be cured.

Silva Stormrage
2019-02-14, 03:10 AM
As a DM I would probably limit this to greater bestow curse but I could see myself allowing it for greater bestow curse.