PDA

View Full Version : Shepherd Druid/ Warlock Dip Help

Mandarin
2019-02-12, 12:23 AM
My Druid started off innocent as can be. Raised by animals, little human contact, blessed by Meilikki. He had his best friend.. a squirrel... at his right hand to chatter with as the party looked at his with confused eyes. He went by Gorp, but only because a ranger he helped guide had called him it with a chuckle. Gorp doesn’t get innuendos or sarcasm and takes everything literally. He also doesn’t understand human customs and sometimes does weird things to try to help (Like try to decapitate the dead innocent woman while her daughter watches after asking the party why they decapitated the griffon and they responded, “That’s what we do”)

Anywho Gorp has been doing pretty good. But all that is about to change because his pet squirrel is going to die (My request to generate some character developement)

Gorp is going to LOSE IT. He will go inside a hole and beg anyone that can hear him to bring his friend Squirrel (TUK TUK) back. He will get his answer and become part warlock. My dm has agreed to allow me to take away 2 levels of Druid and also to take away my strength and add it to my Charisma... When GORP comes out he will be 2druid/2warlock and will be noticeably thinner and shorter... gaunt.. with glowing green eyes and small horns.

Anywho I plan on taking GORP to level 3 warlock to get the pact of the chain and also level 2 spell slots from the warlock side... which I plan on using healing spirit with unicorn totem for insane healing, all coming back after a short rest. I also plan on taking minor image at will because we don’t currently have any illusions in our party. Our party consists of 2 assassin rogues, a fighter, and a sorcerer.. so damage is covered.

I plan on taking the healer feat to add to my healing arsenal and at level 8 taking the warcaster feat. I will be GOO to take advantage of telepathy with wilshape, and pact of the chain to have my familiar be invisible... latter maybe wildshaping into a spider and riding him around while I give my battle instructions to my minions... healing afterwards. Gorp will eventually become sarcastic, dark humored, and pretty BA. Gone will be the nice innocent Firbolg.. and in his place will be a grizzled warrior... Cold and merciless as the winter wind.

Any input on spell combos that would be fun with this mix and character? Role playing ideas?