PDA

View Full Version : Warlock invocations and SLA

Tom Riddle
2019-02-12, 10:27 AM
Ok so in my current campaign the BBEG and taken control of the arcane weave. The DM has made impossible to cast without a wand that the artificer's in his settings have crafted. Which is his way of making the campaign a little tougher which I have have no problem with. Divine spells can be cast without the wand. My question is my warlock made his deal with a pit fiend for his eldritch powers. Are my invocations consider arcane. Do I use the weave to cast them. Also I have a couple of SLA'S that I have the Same question about.

Thank You in advance
Tom

Jowgen
2019-02-12, 10:41 AM
Warlocks are called out as Arcane "casters" in several instances.

That being said, you could always make a plea to your DM to make an exception for Invocations, as the fluff does state that you're channelling infernal power, much in the same manner as cleric channel the divine.

PrismCat21
2019-02-12, 11:09 AM
Since Warlocks are not able to actually 'cast' anything, you should be fine.
"The DM has made impossible to cast without a wand" Warlocks very specifically do not cast spells. They use spell-'LIKE' abilities that do not have the typical restrictions of arcane spells.

Now, if your DM said Arcane magic in general, you're out of luck. If he just said 'spells', you're fine.