PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Spells to prepare for a pacifist cleric?

braveheart
2019-02-12, 05:23 PM
My character died in our last session of my friend's campaign. Since the party has been lacking in support I am playing a cleric. I also thought it'd be interesting to play a pacifist since my primary role is support, by pacifist I mean that she will never cause damage to an anyone, any other effects are fair game, as long as the spell doesn't deal damage.

For domain I'm using my friend's cooking domain homebrew, so I don't need suggestions on that.

tieren
2019-02-12, 05:33 PM
Bless, sanctuary, heals of course its nto hard, its actually probably harder to do damage using cleric spells (compared to other lists).

If I were you I would think about warding bond. Could be a neat RP twist to have a character that doesn't dish out any damage but takes half of the incoming damage to the tank. maybe you're a masochist or something (or suffering in repentance).

Sit in the back and down potions yourself to keep the tank going.

Grimmnist
2019-02-12, 05:39 PM
Bless, sanctuary, heals of course its nto hard, its actually probably harder to do damage using cleric spells (compared to other lists).

If I were you I would think about warding bond. Could be a neat RP twist to have a character that doesn't dish out any damage but takes half of the incoming damage to the tank. maybe you're a masochist or something (or suffering in repentance).

Sit in the back and down potions yourself to keep the tank going.

All these are good options, Command is also a good option to give you a non-violent spell that can effect enemies.

What level is your character so we can suggest based on what spell levels you have?

braveheart
2019-02-12, 05:41 PM
All these are good options, Command is also a good option to give you a non-violent spell that can effect enemies.

What level is your character so we can suggest based on what spell levels you have?

I'm going to be level 10, and the character is going by granny, because her general demener is that of a grandmother and she is the equivalent of 70 for a dwarf.

Grimmnist
2019-02-12, 05:46 PM
I'm going to be level 10, and the character is going by granny, because her general demener is that of a grandmother and she is the equivalent of 70 for a dwarf.

Ok, lot more options then. I would recommend going with combat useful spells that don't do damage. Banishment (4th level) takes an enemy out of combat, but does no damage. Geas (5th) can do do damage if the target disobeys your command, so give commands like "Repent your wicked ways".

braveheart
2019-02-13, 12:04 PM
I'll have to think about geass, because it can do damage, but is she doing the damage or are they doing it to themselves?

Bloodcloud
2019-02-13, 04:20 PM
Are construct/demons/undead "anyone" here? Because your spell list is likely to be heavy on mind affecting, so a few ways to deal damages to these oft immune to mind affecting critters might be worth considering.

Maybe somehow pickup minor illusion for a useful in combat cantrip that doesn't cause damage.