PDA

View Full Version : Fun rogue build help

Aurosman
2019-02-12, 09:51 PM
So I have been tinkering with a fun build for a rogue and would appreciate some help. Just wondering what order I should take my classes, warlock or wizard, and how viable it will be every 5 or so levels.

Level 1 is rogue, that's as much as I can decide.

Level 2-10 is either shadow monk for 6 levels, or transmutation wizard for 3 levels. Biggest problem is what's first, level 2 spells, or kung-fu.

Levels 11-20 would be arcane trickster rogue again.

Main reason for monk is the shadow teleport. The ki abilities and spells work great and I won't have to waste spell slots on them. The movement speed is nice also.

Wizard is because I am going to be using shadow blade and this gets me it faster, and I like the transmutation ability, use it on prison bars if he gets caught to change it to wood and break them.
Also thought about 3 warlock levels for the invocations and short rest 2nd level spells, but playing one right now. But still on the ropes.

Like I said before this is for fun, and not trying to optimize, just don't want it to be useless in combat with the classes spread out.

Crgaston
2019-02-12, 10:05 PM
I would go at least Rogue 2, if not 3, to start. Cunning Action is just too good, and since you are planning Arcane Trickster, you'd have +2d6 SA and your magic available while you build up your Martial Arts or Wizarding skills.