PDA

View Full Version : Kobold social interactions?

ToastyTobasco
2019-02-13, 03:12 PM
Just a fun thread for coming up with nicknames, insults, jokes and other quirky things for interactions from Kobolds. All races included (Aarakokra, Firbolg, Kenku)

One that popped up in my group was with a gnome shopkeep. "Look! A talking grape!"
Ironically, everything in the shop was purple.

Firbolgs would be Giants. Stumpy for gnomes. Smoothskin or squishy for humans.

MagneticKitty
2019-02-13, 03:30 PM
One that popped up in my group was with a gnome shopkeep. "Look! A talking grape!"
Ironically, everything in the shop was purple.

I must ask if this was that purple shop in waterdeep (dragon heist)?

ToastyTobasco
2019-02-13, 03:40 PM
I must ask if this was that purple shop in waterdeep (dragon heist)?

As a matter of fact it was.

MagneticKitty
2019-02-13, 03:59 PM
As a matter of fact it was.

I bet he was thrilled.

What about calling kenku and aaracokra chickens.
There's always meatbag for humans. I can see them confusing gnomes and halflings. And since they hate gnomes due to their god being trapped by the gnome god maybe some mean name for them... Maybe related to rocks. I'm not good at names.

As an aside I played a kobold in a homebrew campaign. Mostly I called others "mammals". Blaming every weird idiosynchrosy of the group on just weird mammal traditions. That was fun.
Especially after learning about weddings, and someone in the group bought another player a magic item (it was a ring) and my kobold assumed they were to be married.

ToastyTobasco
2019-02-13, 04:45 PM
I bet he was thrilled.

What about calling kenku and aaracokra chickens.
There's always meatbag for humans. I can see them confusing gnomes and halflings. And since they hate gnomes due to their god being trapped by the gnome god maybe some mean name for them... Maybe related to rocks. I'm not good at names.

As an aside I played a kobold in a homebrew campaign. Mostly I called others "mammals". Blaming every weird idiosynchrosy of the group on just weird mammal traditions. That was fun.
Especially after learning about weddings, and someone in the group bought another player a magic item (it was a ring) and my kobold assumed they were to be married.

Oh these are awesome