PDA

View Full Version : Latest Update of Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron

Gydian
2019-02-14, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know what specific changes were in the latest update to WGtE? As of this post its only been up for 6 days. As far as I can tell still no Artificer.

JackPhoenix
2019-02-15, 02:47 AM
Doing side-by-side comparison to my old version (from when it was originally released, not sure if I've updated it since), because I've got nothing better to do, apparently:

Formatting changed slightly. PDF bookmarks changed.
p2: Bill Slaviscek is credited as one of the people who helped create the original Eberron
p3: Fixed errors in table of content (wrong page numbers, missing kalashtar entry, chapter one changed to chapter 1 to keep in line with the rest). Not bothering with listing everything
First 3 pages are still numbered in Roman numerals for some reason. The rest isn't.
p4: Introduction changed, the pic is gone, and the name next to the page number says "Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron" instead of "Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron"
p5: "If it exists in D&D, it has a place in Eberron…" changed to "If It Exists in D&D, There’s a Place for It in Eberron…"
p7: Great Druid is now capitalized
p13: towards changed to toward
p19: lot of capitalization added
p36: decided I'm won't bother with listing changes in capitalization and other minor changes in formatting anymore.
p39: dwarvish banks changed to dwarven banks
p43: arcanier in the sidebar changed to arcaneer
p57: to close > too close
p78: half-elves families > half-elf families
p81: clawfoot raptor now only needs to move 20' for pounce (was 30').
p95: dx (8, 6, whatever) > 1dx
p97: Mark of Finding no longer appears on humans, only on half-orcs. Removed human racial traits.
p99: folk hero bard changed his mind about breaking from his house and no longer does charity. As a compensation, the mark now grants Spare the Dying (it looks like the text was removed to fit the ability on one page)
p100: Charisma is your spellcasting ability for them > Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells
p101: diletante > dilettante, Artisan’s Intuition. When you make an ability check with artisan’s tools, roll 1d4 and add it to the result. > Artisan’s Intuition. When you make an
ability check with artisan’s tools, you can roll one Intuition die, a d4, and add the number rolled to the ability check.
p103: Hermit warlock has now Mark of Scribing instead of Mark of Making. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for it > Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for this spell
p104: but you’ve never had an interesting in being a mercenary > but you’ve never had an interest in in being a mercenary.
p105: this trait > this spell
p106: Sea Monkeys can't walk anymore.
p114: formatting changed page layout a bit
p115: Feather Token no longer requires bonus action to activate, instead it's automatic, still single use. Added table or random effect for Glamerweave Garments. Page layout changes as needed.
p116: page layout changes. Note: the changed page layout makes it harder to check what changed at a glance.
p119: Mark of Storms > Mark of Storm. The same change was at p106
p120: Layout changes, the information that Armblade isn't magical weapon ended up in a sidebar.
p121: layout changes
p122: An wand sheath > A wand sheath
p132: Stonegard > Stoneyard
p150: Deathgate > Deathsgate

I may have missed something, and haven't bothered listing all corrected typos.

nickl_2000
2019-02-15, 07:39 AM

Awww, poor sea monkeys.

JackPhoenix
2019-02-15, 08:07 AM
Awww, poor sea monkeys.

Translated: Sea Monkey trait of Mark of Storm half-elves gave walking and swim speed 30, now it only gives swim speed, as the half-elf retains its original speed, and walking speed was redundant.

nickl_2000
2019-02-15, 08:14 AM
Translated: Sea Monkey trait of Mark of Storm half-elves gave walking and swim speed 30, now it only gives swim speed, as the half-elf retains its original speed, and walking speed was redundant.

:smallbiggrin: that wasn't a criticism (in case you read it that way), just funny phrasing. I just thought the phrasing was funny. By the way, I'm super impressed at the comparison and how quickly you found the differences.

LudicSavant
2019-02-15, 08:16 AM
Doing side-by-side comparison to my old version (from when it was originally released, not sure if I've updated it since), because I've got nothing better to do, apparently:

Formatting changed slightly. PDF bookmarks changed.
p2: Bill Slaviscek is credited as one of the people who helped create the original Eberron
p3: Fixed errors in table of content (wrong page numbers, missing kalashtar entry, chapter one changed to chapter 1 to keep in line with the rest). Not bothering with listing everything
First 3 pages are still numbered in Roman numerals for some reason. The rest isn't.
p4: Introduction changed, the pic is gone, and the name next to the page number says "Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron" instead of "Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron"
p5: "If it exists in D&D, it has a place in Eberron…" changed to "If It Exists in D&D, There’s a Place for It in Eberron…"
p7: Great Druid is now capitalized
p13: towards changed to toward
p19: lot of capitalization added
p36: decided I'm won't bother with listing changes in capitalization and other minor changes in formatting anymore.
p39: dwarvish banks changed to dwarven banks
p43: arcanier in the sidebar changed to arcaneer
p57: to close > too close
p78: half-elves families > half-elf families
p81: clawfoot raptor now only needs to move 20' for pounce (was 30').
p95: dx (8, 6, whatever) > 1dx
p97: Mark of Finding no longer appears on humans, only on half-orcs. Removed human racial traits.
p99: folk hero bard changed his mind about breaking from his house and no longer does charity. As a compensation, the mark now grants Spare the Dying (it looks like the text was removed to fit the ability on one page)
p100: Charisma is your spellcasting ability for them > Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells
p101: diletante > dilettante, Artisan’s Intuition. When you make an ability check with artisan’s tools, roll 1d4 and add it to the result. > Artisan’s Intuition. When you make an
ability check with artisan’s tools, you can roll one Intuition die, a d4, and add the number rolled to the ability check.
p103: Hermit warlock has now Mark of Scribing instead of Mark of Making. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for it > Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for this spell
p104: but you’ve never had an interesting in being a mercenary > but you’ve never had an interest in in being a mercenary.
p105: this trait > this spell
p114: formatting changed page layout a bit
p115: Feather Token no longer requires bonus action to activate, instead it's automatic, still single use. Added table or random effect for Glamerweave Garments. Page layout changes as needed.
p116: page layout changes. Note: the changed page layout makes it harder to check what changed at a glance.
p119: Mark of Storms > Mark of Storm. The same change was at p106
p120: Layout changes, the information that Armblade isn't magical weapon ended up in a sidebar.
p121: layout changes
p122: An wand sheath > A wand sheath
p132: Stonegard > Stoneyard
p150: Deathgate > Deathsgate

I may have missed something, and haven't bothered listing all corrected typos.

Thanks for taking the time to compile this. :smallsmile: