PDA

View Full Version : How to use a Dagger?

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-09-26, 09:17 PM
Well I guess it's not specificly a dagger, but I really want to test drive the PrC "Master Thrower" and I was wondering how was best to use them? small and simple, but I also wanted to try and do the Invisable Blade too, I found the Combined Master Thrower and Invisable Blade (the ten level class) which kinda combined the classes, but advice on either will do fine. Please thoughts and comments welcome. TY in advance.

The_Snark
2007-09-26, 09:26 PM
I have found, so far, a couple fun uses for the Master Thrower class.

-Take only 1 level; the rest can be in Scout. Take Doubletoss; now you can make two attacks as a standard action, allowing you to make multiple skirmish attacks. There are other ways to do this, I guess, but this is available faster than, say, Greater Manyshot, and it uses thrown weapons.

-Take Brutal Throw and Power Throw, in conjunction with the level 5 Weak Spot ability; now you can make touch attacks with a Power Attack-like ability.

I've never liked the Master Thrower/Invisible Blade combo, because the classes seem to have different focuses; one is a ranged attacker, the other is melee. They simply don't seem to mesh that well.

Sornjss Lichdom
2007-09-26, 09:28 PM
Ya, it's just that I start to giggle ever time I think of a fient as a free action, that is almost broken.

Kaelik
2007-09-26, 09:31 PM
Ya, it's just that I start to giggle ever time I think of a fient as a free action, that is almost broken.

Except it was errated to once a round. And you can only do it when adjacent, which means it doesn't work well with Master Thrower at all.

huyneo
2007-09-26, 09:33 PM
Ok.... Bloodstorm blade (ToB) i think so
with Master Thrower....
With a scythe and hunters mercy.
x5 crit dmg biatch!

kpenguin
2007-09-26, 09:34 PM
-Take Brutal Throw and Power Throw, in conjunction with the level 5 Weak Spot ability; now you can make touch attacks with a Power Attack-like ability.

I thought you couldn't power attack with light weapons?

The_Snark
2007-09-26, 09:53 PM
I thought you couldn't power attack with light weapons?

This is so. However:

The Power Throw feat (Comp. Adventurer) gives separate rules from Power Attack (they simply happen to be very, very similar), and has no such restriction. Additionally, there's no need to be throwing light weapons; one-handed ones work just as well.