PDA

View Full Version : Boosting wondrous magic items

Gwyllgi
2019-02-15, 05:20 AM
Are there any ways other than meta magic to make wondrous magic items stronger or more effective. I've got a major Iceheart off of a enemy and made a ring of icy soul. The reason for this is that my DM hase allowed me to substitute my Major Iceheart when casting the spell Heart of Stone. I cast it extended and am doing pretty well whenever we aren't in a cold climate where everything has a resistance to me. So I wanted to know if anyone knew of any ways to boost wondrous magic items to make them stronger.

Jowgen
2019-02-15, 05:34 AM
The Enhance Item feat can boost the Save DC of the Iceheart's spell depending on who did the enhancing, while Dark Speech and Words of creation and provide a free +1 caster level boost for the item.

Thurbane
2019-02-15, 06:11 AM
Karsus (vestige) ToM p.37: Heavy Magic. The save DC for each effect of every magic item you use increases by 2.

Will require 3 levels of Binder, or 1 with the Improved Binding feat. The Practiced Binder feat also works, but has a two req feat tax.

Troacctid
2019-02-15, 10:15 AM
Inspired Master feat from Dragon Magazine #339 gives a flat +1 bonus to caster level when using any magic item.