PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Rise of the Runelords (Spheres)

Pages : [1] 2

Bansheexero
2019-02-15, 12:13 PM
The village of Sandpoint gathers to celebrate the grand opening of their new cathedral with a festival. The building is a temple dedicated to Desna, and there will soon be a release of her favored animal, swallowtail butterflies.

Amidst the festival grounds are various merchants featuring food, clothes, local crafts and souvenirs. And the Town square quickly becomes crowded with townsfolk. Zadavyr's nephew from the Deverin family is selling mugs of the family ale. His niece Kendra, the mayor, is also moving about the grounds, greeting people and ensuring things are moving smoothly. Unfortunately, however, his niblings tend to avoid their peculiar uncle, finding it hard to believe such a young looking man is who he claims to be and viewing his personality far too eccentric for their tastes.

Now is the time to introduce your characters to one another

Illogictree
2019-02-16, 02:32 AM
Contributing to the party atmosphere are numerous street performers. Buskers, singers, jugglers, prestidigitators, even a few dancers.

One dancer in particular was garnering a bit of unusual attention. A young Varisian woman, lithe in build with an olive complexion that contrasted her white hair, her coordinated movements causing her loose blue clothing and white scarves to swirl about her in intricate patterns. But it wasn't her attractive appearance that drew the eye. A set of small glowing orbs followed her movements, precisely maneuvering in close proximity with her, lending a hint of magic to her performance.

A knowledgeable observer, even one well-versed in Varisian dances, would be hard-pressed to identify the style of dance she was using. It seemed a bit too practiced and measured to be something made up on the spot, but it wasn't anything easily recognizable. Not that she minded; it was clear from the look on her face that she was thoroughly enjoying herself as she went through her routine.

So... do we roll in this thread directly?

Perform(Dance)[roll0]

richmond
2019-02-16, 04:45 AM
Everything was so colorful! Verezza was trying not to look around too much and maintain her poise, but the sights around her were just too much. Back home everything was simple and dull, practicality more important than aesthetics, but here... Decorations hung everywhere, the smells were fascinating and a hundred different songs were playing. She walked aimlessly for a while, taking all the different sensations in, barely noticing they were all so, so small... She hadn't been able to see even one of the citizens who reached her shoulders, and many of them were clearly staring at her as she passed. It wasn't unexpected, though. For them, she must have looked unnaturally tall, and the fact she was fully armored in the middle of the celebration definitely looked odd.

As she walked towards the cathedral, thinking just what kind of magnificent spectacle the humans had prepared for her goddess, something else caught her attention. A woman was dancing in light clothes, beautiful movements following the rhythm of the music, but while it was impressive by itself, that was not what really fascinated Verezza: it was the light. Verezza had only seen real magic twice in her life, in the hands of the elder shamans of her people, and only on serious occasions. But here the woman was dancing, a simple street entertainer and she was doing magic as if it was something so casual! Verezza carefully removed the gigantic shield from her back, placing it on the ground so she could sit and watch the performance, her eyes following the movement of the lights with complete focus.

Bansheexero
2019-02-16, 10:33 AM
Halcyon's surreal movements gather quite the large crowd, though they give the Goliath woman quite a wide berth due to how intimidating she looks in her armor. Several give her coppers and silvers as a tip on the stand nearby as they continue to watch, mesmerized by the performance.

Gold earning [roll0] gp

Kvard51
2019-02-16, 10:04 PM
Raz enters the festival grounds with excitement written large in his huge grin. He had never seen so many people in one place before. And he could buy ANYTHING, as best he could tell. But all that goes straight out of his head as he rounds a booth where he was staring at the daggers and sees the dancer. She's incredible!

He sits down on the first open spot of grass he sees, never letting his eyes stray from the dancer. He casually leans toward the person sitting beside him, noticing in an absent-minded way that they are much bigger than him. "Have you ever seen anything more brilliant?"

BtanH
2019-02-17, 01:02 AM
Sandpoint is the largest town Madison has ever been too, and the festival even more so. Arriving just as it begins, she finds herself overwhelmed by the sights, sounds, and smells.

She spends some time wandering before remembering she came to the town for a reason. She's supposed to meet with Cyrdak Drokkus and get some time on stage so she can perform for an audience! Though looking around, it looks like she might be able to find an audience performing at this festival... That dancer has quite the crowd around her.

Madison watches for a while, looking to see if she can decipher some kind of pattern so she could perhaps join the dancer with a vocal accompaniment.

richmond
2019-02-17, 05:20 AM
Verezza was aware of the wide berth the citizens were giving her, but she didn't mind. It actually let her relax even more and appreciate the show, the glowing orbs of light seemingly taunting her as they followed the woman's movements defying all logic. She wanted to understand how she did that, but her attention was instantly drawn to the young man who sit right by her side so casually.

Her hand instinctively went to her spear laying by her side, but she simply let it hover above her weapon as the human seemed to be focusing on the dancer as well. And he looked so small, so... harmless. Everyone seemed equally relaxed, so she decided it was possibly not a threat, her attention returning to the woman and her magic. It didn't last long though, as the man on her side leaned closer and actually spoke to her.

"Brilliant? Yes. The sun." she says simply, her voice deeper than his. She points up towards the sky, an inquisitive look on her face as she misunderstands his meaning. Common wasn't her primary language, after all... "Fire, too. These don't look too bright for me. Do I see them different?" she asks, her eyes now wider as she looks at the lights with curiosity.

Illogictree
2019-02-17, 12:10 PM
There's definitely a pattern to Halcyon's movements, and a clear rhythm she's keeping up. She's even quietly humming snatches of a tune to herself to keep her dance moves timed correctly. A skilled accompanist should be able to join in.

I think it might be a Knowledge: History or Knowledge: Local skill check to recognize her moves and song as partly drawing from Thassilonian culture, though mixing in elements from Varisian and other more modern influences from the other cultures of Varisia. There's even a little Elven in some of it.

Edit: It would be a Knowledge: Planes check to realize the little lights surrounding her are actually disembodied souls, wouldn't it? She has 5 summoned, the max she can call up in a day.

kjelfalconer
2019-02-17, 01:40 PM
He ambled the stalls, the sun giving his hair an almost metallic sheen as he looked over the various trinkets. Maybe there'd be something mother would like, though he doubted it. Humans seemed to be very good at convincing themselves that junk was worth something.
"Can I interest you in this vase sir? Genuine second age Osiric pottery!"
He glanced at it. "Pfft. That shade of red was introduced by Kelesh, and that smoothness came from a modern wheel. Find someone else to sell your fakes too."

Hmm. That girl had quite the crowd, though he wasn't sure why. Just a lot of flailing and some cantrips if you asked him. Maybe he'd try and find a drink. It wasn't like anyone needed him for anything.

Bansheexero
2019-02-17, 01:46 PM
The mayor, Kendra Deverin, gathers several people near the stand in front of the cathedral, as a large container is wheeled out, containing hundreds of swallowtail butterflies. She calls for their attention, then speaks. "Welcome everyone to the festival, dedicated to the grand reopening of our cathedral to the goddess Desna. As many of you know, only a few decades ago, our original cathedral burned in that terrible fire. Today, in honor of our patron goddess, we release these swallowtails to bless this temple."

With that, she has her workers open the large container, and the sky is filled with butterflies.

https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/120464/assets/499956/Desna_holy_symbol.jpg?1440772900

Your GM actually suffers from lepidopterophobia (as well as mottephobia). I always dislike Desna for this reason.

Bansheexero
2019-02-17, 07:26 PM
After the swallowtails are released, it is time for lunch, which is provided for free by the town. Their are various dishes available, but by far the most popular dish is a curry-spiced salmon, provided by Ameiko Kaijitsu. Served with a winterdrop mead, it easily overshadowed the other offerings, such as the Hahfish's lobster chowder or White Deer's peppercorn venison.

The festival continued for a few hours, but as the sun began to set, the head of the local clergy Father Zantus takes the stand at the central podium. He prepares to receive the Prayer of First Dreaming, but the crowd is preoccupied. In order to get their attention, he pulls put and uses a thunderstone. Unfortunately, when he does so, as if on cue, several goblins who seemed to have been slowly infiltrating the city over the course of the festival, leap out of hiding from within carts and barrels and other areas. They proceed to attack the village en masse, causing the festival attendees to panic and flee for their lives as they are chased down by the green marauders.

Standing amidst the chaos, the party sees several goblins leap out from behind a nearby cart and threaten to attack.

Roll Initiative!
Goblins Initiative [roll0]

Kvard51
2019-02-17, 07:52 PM
After the incredible dancing, the boring parts of the festival start. As the mayor takes the stage, Iss wanders through the crowd, looking for the dancer. But with so many people, he misses her. He does, however, spot the very large woman he had plopped down beside earlier. She looks interesting. Maybe I can find out what she is and why she's so big if I talk to her.

He walks up behind her reaches up to tap her on the shoulder. "Hi.
My name's Issachar. We weren't properly introduced earlier. Who are you and where are you from?"

Before she can answer, the boring stuff becomes unboring in a hurry, as goblins seemingly spring out of nowhere. "Nevermind. We can talk later. Right now I'm going to fight some goblins."

Raz takes off running towards the intruders, drawing his daggers as he moves...

Initiative: [roll0]

richmond
2019-02-17, 09:17 PM
When the mayor starts addressing the crowd, Verezza stands up and, with some effort, takes her eyes out of the magic lights and turn to the cathedral. Whatever she was expecting as a ceremony, thousands of butterflies suddenly filling the sky definitely wasn't it. She gasps at shock at first, her eyes widening once again as she wonders how did they manage to get so many of the creatures and keep them all until the right moment.

She daydreams for a bit, barely noticing things return to the usual festivities until the smells hit her. Lunchtime! And so, so much variety. She tries a bit of everything, of course, but that salmon really hits the spot. She eats about 4 average person servings by the time people stop eating, and she sits down again to let her stomach process all of that. She watches the people come and go, the children play and the entertainers perform until the night starts falling and people start once again moving towards the cathedral. She stands up, following the crowd and noticing a clergyman taking to the podium, but alas, her attention once more is stolen by the young man.

He introduces himself and Verezza is lost at words at first, mostly by the sheer casualness of this boy, bluntly asking her about her origins. She thinks for a second about what to say - and if to - but a loud noise comes from the stage and by the time she notices it was simply a thundestone, all hell breaks lose. Goblins, the tiny obnoxious marauders were invading the town, and she could see the fear on everyone's eyes as they scream and run from the buggers. The boy again reacts surprisingly, nonchalantly taking initiative and running towards the foes, daggers appearing on his hands out of nowhere. She smiles to herself before answering his call.

"You won't be alone," she speaks, grasping her spear and adjusting the tower shield on her arm, "Let me show you who I am," she says more to herself than to Issachar as she rushes to join the battle.

BtanH
2019-02-18, 12:11 AM
Madison's study of the dance is interrupted by the release of the butterflies. It's a beautiful sight, and reminds her that there's more to the festival than just this dancer. She should talk to the mayor, and maybe try and get some advice on meeting with Cyrdak Drokkus.

Of course, lunch comes first. And it is lovely! Madison finds the salmon actually isn't to her liking, though she never has been a big seafood fan. She avoids the chowder, and sticks largely to the peppercorn venison. Lightly crusted, it's absolutely perfect. She makes a mental note to try and get the recipe if she can.

After lunch, she tries to catch the mayor's attention, but running a festival as large as this one is hard work. Madison isn't able to find her, or the dancer from before. She peruses the stalls instead, and if she can find White Deer she'll ask for the recipe.

The crack of the thunderstone interrupts Madison's exploration of the festival, as do the screams shortly following it. She looks around and finds goblins everywhere, and a few people she remembers from before pulling out their weapons, ready to fight. Madison moves to take cover away from the fighting, and mentally prepares herself to cast.

Knowledge local to see if I know anything about the dance

Diplomacy if it'll help me get that recipe
[roll1]

Initiative
roll]1d20+5

Illogictree
2019-02-18, 02:00 AM
Halcyon finishes her dance to the applause of the onlookers, smiling joyously but clearly tired. She gives an appreciative nod to the glowing orbs still gently floating about her, and they fade from view as she takes a breather to watch the butterflies released. She notices the huge woman in the audience, and a shadow of concern passes over her face, but it's rapidly replaced with excitement at the beautiful sight of the cloud of insects being released into the air. She cheers and claps in appreciation along with the rest of the crowd.

Soon she's out enjoying the provided lunch, chatting amicably enough with those who're about, though she seems a little reserved now compared to the exuberance of her performance. She highly enjoys the exotic taste of the curried salmon, though she makes sure to sample everything.

Towards the evening, she's feeling rested and relaxed enough to perform again, but she decides to wait until after the speech to do so. When the goblins suddenly spring out and attack, she is briefly overwhelmed by the screams and rushing crowd and the violent little monsters running around. However, she composes herself.

This wasn't the sort of dance she intended to do, but people are in danger, and she knows she can help. Or rather, who can help. This time as she takes her steps, magical energy traces the movements of her hands and feet.

"Tempest." she whispers as the disembodied souls flicker back into view about her, "I need your help, sister."

That's a good roll from Madison. Unless the DM objects, I'd assume she figures out the nature of her dance.

kjelfalconer
2019-02-18, 05:31 PM
Unacceptable. How dare they try and ruin his day? As much as he wanted to turn back into a dragon and rip them to shreds, people tended to complain and sometimes shoot him when he did that. He still wasn't sure why. Lightning arced between his teeth, but there was no way he could hit them from here. Ah well. The old fashioned way was the fun way anyway.

Charge G2 and make an unarmed strike. At this range I'm too far to do anything else.
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

Also, using the berserker sphere base effect for 4 temp hp and -2 ac. Yes, this means I have an ac of 4, but quite frankly its already so low that making it worse is kind of irrelevant.

BtanH
2019-02-18, 09:24 PM
The goblins are Madison's first experience with the more monstrous inhabitants of the world. She keeps her distance and tries to stay calm, moving back to take cover behind some overturned stalls. As she passes the the dancer she saw earlier she smiles, briefly forgetting about the goblins. "I loved your dancing, I think I saw some Thassilonian and Varisian in there? I'd love to get a chance to talk to you about it later." Madison's hand brushes against Halcyon's shoulder as she moves past, spreading some Joy with the touch.

Move action - Move to O25
Standard action - Touch Halcyon with a Touch of Joy
Minor: Touch of Joy (Su): You can touch a willing creature as a standard action, filling it with elation and confidence in all it undertakes. For the next round, any time the target rolls a d20, he may roll twice and take the more favorable result.

Bansheexero
2019-02-18, 10:27 PM
The goblins leap into action in a chaotic mess, their short attention span taxed by the bedlam going on around them. Taking great offense at the blue-haired tallfolk attacking them, the two nearest him strike at him with their short swords.

Goblin 1 tales a 5 ft step to close in on Zadavyr's and both attack.
G1 attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
G2 attack [roll3]
Crit? [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

One of the other goblins charges the other nearby human, while the other puts down the chicken bone he was gnawing on and runs up the podium stand to taunt the other tallfolk, sticking out his tongue, "Stupid tallfolk! You go die now!!!"

Goblin 4 charges Iss
G3 attack [roll6]
Crit? [roll7]
Damage [roll8]
Goblin 3 double moves up the podium stand

All around, you hear screams of villagers being attacked and the sound of glass breaking.

Illogictree
2019-02-19, 01:00 AM
Halcyon smiles at Madison as the joy fills her mind, even if she's not sure where it's coming from. "I'd be glad to," she says as she continues her movements. "I'll do my best to make sure we get the chance!"

The glowing light coming off her hands and toes start to form into more definite magical-looking patterns. In time with her movements, she chants some words in the mystic language of spellcasting.

Using Summon ability. Trying to summon Tempest in the space directly North of Halcyon.
Spending 1 spell point ( 4 / 5 remaining )

Skilled Casting DC: 16

Perform(Dance): [roll0] + 10

Do I roll for Tempest's initiative once she's summoned, or does she act after Halcyon's turn?

richmond
2019-02-19, 01:31 AM
Verezza was fully expecting more people to join the fight, as she had seen some folks carrying weapons during the festival, but she was not ready for the unarmed and unarmored blue-haired boy leaping towards the goblins and, of all things, punching one of the creatures in the face. Unfortunately, the little monsters carry swords and use them to slice the scrawny boy and also Issachar, who was somehow already in the middle of the fight.

She rushes to join the boys, but a voice catches her attention behind her and she notices two girls talking, one of them the magical dancer from before. "Why aren't they running with the others?" she thinks to herself, readjusting her initial plan to consider the safety of the magical lights. She would like to see more of them, and perhaps if she protects the girl, she will.

Seeing as one of the goblins takes position atop the podium, Verezza rushes to be as clear a target possible, trying to draw their attention with a bravado of her own. "I am the tallest. Make me die!"

Verezza can't reach anyone, so she will use the Run action to position instead, moving to O5. Her AC is now 20 from losing Dex in that action.

In case G4 or G3 provoke AoO, she will take those (she has reach, so they are threatened). And then, if they attack her, she will spend more AoO for Active Defense (Shield Sphere), making her AC 22 again. She has 5 AoO in total.

You may roll my AoO if it's easier. They are +4, for 1d8+3 piercing damage.

kjelfalconer
2019-02-19, 04:51 AM
Bless. Watching them try to stab him was actually kind of cute. Adorable even. Sure, they were scratching him, but so did brambles, or paper. It was a little realised fact that he was just as heavy in his human form as he was normally - which had its perks when he needed to throw his weight around. He might not be a dragon right this second, but he could sure as hell fight like one. Throwing his weight onto the already injured one, he spun with his other arm, grabbing the leg of the other unsuspecting goblin, and dragging him towards the rest of the defenders.

Move action to shove the injured goblin, to hit, dealing 4 damage and battering it.
to drag the other goblin, provoking an aoo, and dealing 1d4+4 damage due to smash if successful

And renewing the temp hp

Kvard51
2019-02-19, 08:11 AM
Issachar winces as the filthy goblin weapon gashes him. He stabs down at the creature, looking to put it down quickly. Dagger: [roll0] for [roll1] piercing damage.

Crit? [roll2] for [roll3] crit damage.

Dancing away from the possibility of a return swing, he turns and sprints after the goblin closing on the stage. Acrobatics to avoid a possible AoO, [roll4]

AC 21 vs AoO if Acrobatics fails.

Bansheexero
2019-02-19, 08:41 AM
The goblin falls, hemorrhaging profusely as Issachar nimbly dances around the body and limbs the stand to confront the next threat.

G3 AoO [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Bansheexero
2019-02-19, 10:52 AM
Zadavyr's batters the injured goblin to the ground with an off-handed shove and it seems to cease moving. As he goes to grab the other, however, it darts to the side and strikes at him.

G1 attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

BtanH
2019-02-19, 12:36 PM
Madison watches as the three warriors in front of her sycthe through the goblins, cutting them down. They seem to have things well in hand, so she waits, watching to see if any goblins will get close to her.

Ready an action for if a goblin gets within 25 feet
[roll0] v DC16 to cast minor paralyze charm
if my roll is 14 or 15, immediate action cast minor Inspiration charm on myself for +2
[roll1]

Illogictree
2019-02-19, 01:16 PM
With an eerie whistling sound, a spot in space just ahead of Halcyon bubbles and warps. Another person steps through. Though taller than Halcyon by half a head and outfitted with protective garments in a strange style, her face is nearly identical, as if she's a twin sister to the dancer. The most attention-getting feature of her is the stubby orange crystal shard sticking out of her forehead, just above her mismatched left eye.

The warrior takes in the scene quickly. "A party, Halcyon? And you didn't invite me until someone crashed it? I'm disappointed." She readies a hooked polearm and strides toward the remaining goblins.

Halcyon looks a bit embarrassed. "I'm sorry, Tempest, I thought you hated that sort of thing." She follows after the taller woman, looking at the other warriors around them to see if any need immediate aid.

Tempest
Action: Draw guisarme
Move to L18

Halcyon
Action: Concentrate on summon.
Move to L19

Bansheexero
2019-02-19, 03:51 PM
The remaining goblins seem idiotically confident, somewhat dissociated from the fact that their allies were just slaughtered with barely any effort. They turn to attack the nearest aggressors.

G1 attack on Zadavyr [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

G3 attack on Issachar [roll3]
Crit? [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

richmond
2019-02-20, 02:04 AM
The battle seems to be going much better than Verezza expected, with two of the goblins already down. Issachar has been hit only once, but the boy is nimble and agile, darting in and out of combat with ease. Meanwhile, the blue-haired man was fighting bare-handed and clearly winning, none of the swords even making a scratch. Verezza felt envious they were having all the glory.

Seeing as the goblin atop the podium ignores her taunt, understandably preferring the slim Issachar as a target, she roars as Iss dodges the attack, thrusting her own spear at the enemy to apply pressure while marching forward to give her battle companion another opportunity to strike.

Verezza attacks G3:
Hit: [roll0] vs. AC
Crit?: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] (+[roll3] crit)

She then takes a 5-foot step to P15.

Kvard51
2019-02-20, 01:02 PM
Issachar ducks under the goblins ungainly swing, and comes up with a hard thrust of his dagger. Dagger [roll0] for [roll1] piercing damage.

Crit? [roll2] for [roll3] piercing damage.

He follows the thrust with a dive onto the stage to give himself a better angle if the goblin survives his blade. Acrobatics to move through the threatened squares to R17 [roll4]

kjelfalconer
2019-02-20, 07:42 PM
For goblins they were putting up more of a fight than he expected. Which was to say they hadn't died to a mere flick and then run off screaming.

He'd just have to teach them propper manners.

Move action to shove again (which turns out is a melee touch attack - [roll0] to hit, dealing 4 damage and battering it.

Standard action to make an unarmed strike - [roll1] to hit, dealing [roll2] damage.

BtanH
2019-02-20, 08:51 PM
Madison continues staying crouched where she is. It seems to be working for her so far.

Same as last turn
perform 1
[roll0] v DC16
potential perform 2
[roll1] v DC16

Bansheexero
2019-02-20, 09:18 PM
The last remaining goblin attempts to stab Zadavyr in a futile attempt at retribution for his slain kin.

G1 attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

As he attacks, you begin to hear a somewhat gutteral chant nearby start to pick up, though it is too faint to hear what it is. However, it is slowly starting to crescendo.

Bansheexero
2019-02-20, 09:19 PM
*damage reroll [roll0]

Illogictree
2019-02-20, 10:45 PM
"Hm. Hal, I need a tactical reposition."

Halcyon nods and goes through a few more dance moves, reaching out and tapping her sister on the shoulder.

Halcyon:
Move action to maintain concentration on summon.
Standard action to teleport Tempest to I16. Skill check: [roll0]

Tempest:
If successfully teleports, full-round action to charge the goblin, moving to I14.
To-hit: [roll1]
Crit confirm? [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

AC for round: 14

If teleport fails, move action to I13.
Standard action: attack goblin.
To-hit: [roll4]
Crit confirm? [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]

AC normal.

Bansheexero
2019-02-21, 10:19 AM
The last goblin falls to Tempest's strike, but before anyone can rest, there is a small explosion to the south. A plume of fire erupts from a nearby cart, as several goblins seem to have found the fuel for the sunset bonfire. Several villagers run past while a few lie dead at the goblins' feet. Wielding torches and dogslicers, a group of the little green demons emerge with one of them uttering that chant that has been starting to crescendo.

"Goblins chew and goblins bite.
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup.
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We be goblins! You be food!"

The initiative remains the same, so it would be Verezza next.

richmond
2019-02-21, 07:33 PM
Verezza is surprised to see the versatility of the humans in this battle. Issachar had been darting in and out, slicing enemies with the daggers while dodging most of the blows. The blue-haired one was the opposite: no grace, just power. He hit them hard and seemed impervious to their blades, a real brute in the battlefield. And the dancer was... well, dancing. But she had magical lights following her movements, and if Verezza had questions if she was really casting, she suddenly touched her sister - at least Verezza assumed , although she didn't notice her approaching - and the warrior vanished, only to appear closer to the battle. That was real magic, useful magic! And the sister fighting style was surprisingly similar to the goliath's. Verezza felt she should do better.

She didn't have much time, though, as the warrior sister pierce through the remaining enemy. Verezza feels she should say something, but the eerie music that had been growing shows its source as a group of goblins cuts their way through the crowd. Verezza immediately moves, shifting her grasp on the spear to increase her reach and positions herself amidst them ready to prevent their advance.

Verezza takes a 5-foot step to S18.
She then activates her Patrol, making the threatened area to be 15'.
She will take all the AoO she can, moving as needed to hit with spear or shield.

Kvard51
2019-02-21, 08:46 PM
Hearing the off-key singing coming from the southeast of the square, Iss turns in time to see Large and Lovely take a longer grip on her spear and ready herself to meet the goblins. He had no doubt she would break their formation easily, but he wanted in on the excitement also. Jumping off the stage, Iss sprints to a spot where he has them flanked and slings a dagger at the third goblin, drawing another as the first leaves his hand.

Spring to P20 and throw dagger at GW. 1d20+4-2 for [roll0] piercing damage.

Crit? 1d20+4-2 for [roll1] piercing damage.

BtanH
2019-02-21, 11:47 PM
Madison is shocked by the sudden appearance of the new group of goblins, one of which is very close to her. She looks towards it, carefully ignoring the dead bodies nearby, and steeling herself to cast in a life or death situation for the first time. She hums a tune, opening her mouth to release a few lilting notes in an uncommon language as the goblin she's staring at begins to freeze in place.

Language is celestial, if anyone else knows it.

Std. Action - lesser paralyze charm on G5 with a DC19 Will save or dazed for 1 round
[roll0] v DC 16
if it fails, immediate action cast Inspiration
if 14, lesser charm, if less than 14, greater charm
[roll1] v DC 16
if greater charm, [roll2]
Move Action - move to K21

kjelfalconer
2019-02-22, 12:52 PM
Tch, more of them? Couldn't they have been a bit closer?

Charge the closest one.
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage

Bansheexero
2019-02-22, 07:48 PM
As the goblins approach, Issachar's dagger is easily dodged by his target. Zadavyr leaps into action landing a staggering blow upon the goblin nearest him. Meanwhile, another goblin suddenly appears lost in thought, unusual for their kind.

G7 attack on Zadavyr [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Will save against paralyze [roll3]

The rest of the goblins begin leaping into action. The singing goblin stares at Verezza and begins gesturing.

AoO from G6 vs Verezza (for patrol movement) [roll4]
Crit? [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

AoO from G7 vs Verezza [roll7]
Crit? [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

AoO from Verezza against GW [roll10]
Crit? [roll11]
Damage [roll12]

Concentration (if needed) [roll13]
Will save (DC 12) [roll14]

The warchanter's song is cut short as he is stabbed in the heart by the Goliath.

Meanwhile, the goblin Zadavyr struck, while near death, lashes out at him, another goblin strikes at Verezza, while the last non-dazed goblin maliciously stabs a nearby corpse with malicious glee.

G6 attack vs Verezza [roll15]
Crit?[roll16]
[roll17]

G8 wastes it's turn

Illogictree
2019-02-22, 08:57 PM
Tempest tosses aside the goblin's corpse with a grunt. Not much challenge in these, really, they just have numbers on their side.

As the goblins' song begins, she looks over to where the new ones are popping out of their hiding places. She looks to the blue-haired fighter she just aided, only to see him running off to join the new fight. "Huh, not even a 'Thank you'?" she mutters as she surveys the battlefield.

Hm. She doesn't like Halcyon being so exposed there. She and the other girl need someone to cover them. She rushes to place herself nearby the two of them, putting herself between them and danger.

Double move to N21.

Halcyon meanwhile is contemplating how she can help. Everyone is out of her reach, but...

A few of the spirits flying around her bob and weave a bit.

"...Are you sure?"

Bob bob bob

"...OK. You know I don't like you doing that sort of thing, but... go ahead. And be careful!"

A trio of spirits fly off, moving toward where the fighting is fiercest. One settles near Issachar and Blue Hair, the other two hover over the two goblins.

Move action to maintain summon.

Move action to move one bound soul to each of P19, R20, and T19.

richmond
2019-02-23, 01:31 AM
Her position was optimal to stop the first wave of goblins, but this wasn't Verezza first fight. Her battle awareness is great, and as soon as the singing goblin starts gesturing she knows what it means from the stories. Dark magic, wild curses from the creatures' shamans. With a single step she advances unafraid of the sword-wielding ones, and both try to cut her path. She deflects the first attack and ignore the sharp pain caused by the second's blade, her focus solely on the spellcaster. Her spear pierces the air, unwavering as it penetrates the chest of the one casting its foul spell, smiling as its chant becomes a bloody gargle.

She sees as the blond girl uses her own magic, a melodious word that seems to freeze one of the goblins, then the warrior girl takes position to defend their casters. Good teamwork, unspoken but understood. These were not complete rookies, Verezza was happy to see. The dancer then conjures her magical lights again, this time sending them so close to Verezza she feels tempted to reach and touch them. Whatever they actually did, Verezza instantly felt refocused. Her weapon was a bit long to be in so close quarters, but she could be a wall, at least. The boys seemed to be delivering great blows, but they were taking some as well. Time to mend that.

With a powerful swing, she slams her enormous shield against the goblin between her and the others, trying to knock it down for good. That would leave no other way for the goblins to attack besides going through her.

Verezza attacks G7 with her shield.
Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll2] bludgeoning.

Kvard51
2019-02-23, 12:31 PM
Issachar sprints to engage the second wave of goblins, leaping over the creature flying through his path after being clubbed with large and lovely’s shield. Reaching the next goblin in line, he slides to a stop with a wicked underhand slice at the creatures gut.

Move to R24.

Dagger attack [roll0] for [roll1] slashing damage.

Crit? [roll2] for [roll3] slashing damage.

BtanH
2019-02-23, 02:36 PM
Madison catches herself after a small stumble and watches as her words paralyze the goblin. She smiles, pleased with her success. As the dancer's companion moves to take a defensive position, Madison moves forward, spurred on by her previous success. She gets into the middle of all the fighters, safely protected but close enough to let out a few more lilting notes, hopefully freezing another one of their opponents.

Move action - move to N19
Standard action - minor paralyze on G6
perform check dc 16
[roll0]
same rules as last time in regards to my inspiration on myself
[roll1]

Also if anyone barely misses and I didn't use inspiration on myself, I'll cast it on them to give them +2 to hit

kjelfalconer
2019-02-24, 08:59 AM
They were annoying him now. Lightning crackled between his teeth again - no one would be bothered if he breathed on them, just a bit, right? The blast left his maw, an arc of bright lightning that seemed to curve to strike the goblins in its way.

Move to R23
Spend a spell point to improve mutable blast, to deal [roll0] lightning damage to the two goblins at the bottom (ref 14 halves (17 on the off chance they have metal armour on))

Bansheexero
2019-02-24, 09:55 AM
Finding inspiration from Madison's singing, Issachar's blade finds its mark, while the goblin near Verezza begins to look dazed.

G6 Will Save [roll0]

Meanwhile, Zadavyr lets forth a snaking torrent of electricity from his mouth, frying the two non-dazed goblins.

G5 and G8 reflex saves [roll1]

And they both fall to the ground, smoking and twitching as their nervous system is overloaded, causing muscle spasms, but they are dead nonetheless.

Illogictree
2019-02-24, 12:47 PM
As the enemies fall to the other fighters, Tempest takes up a defensive stance in case something more happens.

Full-round action to set up a patrol

The soul floating near the lone remaining goblin twists itself into the shape of a ghostly screaming face. A tendril of life energy is drawn from the little green monster toward the apparition. Upon swallowing a portion of it, the soul seems to pull in on itself and vanish.

Move action to maintain the summon.
Standard action to use Siphon Health. [roll0] HP damage (can't kill the target), DC 14 Fort save for half. Halcyon gains the damage to target as temp HP for 1 hour.

richmond
2019-02-24, 06:10 PM
What the hell were those guys? Verezza has to admit she's a bit freaked out by how common magic was for them. She could barely understand how singing girl had managed to once again confuse the goblins with nothing but humming, but then things start to escalate a bit too much. First the blue-haired boy apparently spits lightning, tendrils of electricity frying the goblins, while the resounding thunder makes Verezza jump in place for a second. She had no idea magic could be so clearly... destructive. And then one of the lights, the same that she'd been fascinated about, apparently turns into some kind of evil spirit, its screaming mouth draining the life out of the goblins. Shivers run down Verezza's back as she thinks just what else the humans were capable of with their magic.

Even then, they were on her side for now, so better keep them in good graces. With a quick step back, she spins around using her shield as cover to deliver a piercing thrust into the remaining foe.

Verezza takes a 5 foot step to R19 and attacks G6.

Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] (+ [roll3] crit)

BtanH
2019-02-24, 11:16 PM
Madison steps back, it looks like the fight is mostly over. Surely the enormous woman could take care of the last goblin, it was like a quarter of her size. She stood her ground, surveying the once pristine fairgrounds for any other potential threats.

Standard - Ready an action to paralyze anything that gets close
[roll0] vs DC16
If someone nearly misses I'll cast inspiration to give them +2 (including if my readied action nearly misses to DC). No priority, just whatever happens to nearly miss first.
[roll1] vs DC16

Kvard51
2019-02-24, 11:45 PM
Seeing the last goblin dodge Large and Lovely's spear, Iss rushes to her aid, picking his way across the battlefield. As he approaches the creature, he ducks and rolls, coming up behind him and stabbing for his exposed kidneys.

Move toU19, Acrobatics from U18-U19 to avoid an AoO [roll0] to set up flanking.

Sneak Attack the last goblin [roll1] for [roll2] piercing damage and [roll3] SA damage.

Crit? [roll4] for [roll5] piercing damage.

Bansheexero
2019-02-25, 01:55 AM
Madison's singing again helps guide Issachar's blade, causing it to strike true. The goblin slumps over his dagger as Iss slides the green body off of his weapon.

Meanwhile, the chaos begins to even as the city watch begins to get things under control. There are still pockets of goblins here and there, though most have been slain or routed.

Father Zantus, who had been about to give the blessing earlier, approaches, after he has tended to those wounded still within his ability to heal. "Thank you all so much for your assistance. Are any of you wounded? I still have some energy left to heal you a bit if you wish. The goblins seem to have mostly been taken care of, but there are still a few stragglers."

He scans you each imploringly to see if you have suffered any damage and offers to heal both Issachar and Verezza if they wish.

richmond
2019-02-25, 02:30 AM
Despite missing her attack, Verezza is happy to see Issachar is able to capitalize on the distraction to deal the killing blow on the remaining goblin. She scans around one last time to see the area is clear, and notices to clergyman from before tending to the wounded before approaching the little group. As he offers help in healing, she shakes her head calmly.

"I have been through worse. Tend to Issachar, then save your energy to help others," she says, gesturing towards the rogue while her eyes look at the distance. "There might be more of them hiding."

Kvard51
2019-02-25, 11:00 AM
Issachar grins, ”No need, Lovely. ‘Tis just a scratch. See, it’s already stopped bleeding.” He pulls his shirt up, exposing the wound.

Turning to the priest, he asks, “Father, do we know why these rodents attacked?”

Bansheexero
2019-02-25, 11:04 AM
Father Zantus raises his hands and places them upon Issachar, fully healing his wounds.

Don't need to roll, minimum result is a full heal for him

As he finishes, he looks at the rest of the party, "Is there anything else I can do for y-"

He is cut off by the sound of frantic barking to the north and the sounds of a man screaming for help.

Illogictree
2019-02-25, 08:58 PM
The two sisters approached the group as the priest arrived, chatting a bit between the two of them.

"...wasn't in any danger, the goblins never came anywhere near me."

"They could have easily chased after that other girl straight to you, and she doesn't look like she can fight. Your little glowing friends can't do much to protect you, after all."

The four remaining orbs floated back into place near Halcyon and faded from view.

"Now look at that, Temps, you've hurt their feelings."

Tempest was about to say something more when the priest began talking. The two of them confirmed neither were hurt in their battle and declined any healing.

When the screaming and barking started, Tempest's hand immediately went for her guisarme again, looking for trouble. What she saw was Halcyon running toward the commotion.

"...HAL! For crying out loud, at least wait for me!" she cried as she chased after her sister.

Kvard51
2019-02-25, 09:08 PM
Iss shivers as the old priest heals him anyway. He is about to thank the father when the barking starts. His head whips around to the sound.

"Looks like more fun! You with me, Lovely?" He looks at the Goliath expectantly for a moment before turning to run towards the sound.

Bansheexero
2019-02-25, 10:14 PM
As the group runs towards the screams for help, they arrive just east of the White Deer Inn to a group of goblins slaying a dog with a horsechopper. Their leader is riding a ratty looking beast known as a goblin dog. The screams are coming from a man behind a group of barrels, hiding from the attack. As they revel in their fresh ki, the goblins begin to turn their attention towards this man, not yet noticing as the party comes to the rescue.

Knowledge (Local) or (Nobility) if you wish to identify the man.
PC's gain a surprise round.
Initiative rolls:

Enemy [roll0]
Issachar [roll1]
Verezza [roll2]
Madison [roll]1d20+2[roll]
Halcyon/Tempest [roll3]
Zadavyr [roll4]

richmond
2019-02-26, 12:17 AM
Verezza watches as Father Zantus instantly heals Issachar, the wound closing on its own. If anyone was watching her, they would clearly see how fascinated she is by the concept, but the screams nearby quickly take her out of that state. In an instant, she wields her spear properly and runs towards the sound, a split second after Iss calls to her.

After a few seconds, the group reaches the source of the pleas in time to see a goblin kill the dog, blood staining the dirt. Verezza's temper immediately worsen as she notices the animal was simply doing its best to protect its master, now trying his best to hide from the enemies, and that amount of loyalty is something Verezza deeply appreciates. They had killed the noble animal, and now Verezza would rain revenge on their heads.

With a warcry, the goliath rushes to the closest enemy with her shield raised, a battering ram of muscle and steel aiming for the small creature.

Charge as a standard, moving to M20 and hitting G2 with her shield.

Damage: [roll2] (+ [roll3])

BtanH
2019-02-26, 03:35 AM
Just after being able to catch her breathe and start calming down a little a scream sends her heartbeat skyrocketing back up. She runs to the scene, taking in the horrible murder of the dog, and the screaming man cowering behind some barrels. Madison c0cks her head, does he seem familiar? She moves closer to get a closer to better survey the battlefield, staying well behind the bulkier members of the group. A hand covers her mouth as she gets a better look at the remains of the dog and tears well up in the corner of her eyes.

Knowledge Local
[roll0]
Knowledge Nobility
[roll1]
If I can't do both, then just the first roll counts I guess

My action depends on if I can inspire Verezza, and if I can, if Verezza's attack has killed G2, so I'm going to wait rather than write out 3 different sets of actions

Move to Q22

Kvard51
2019-02-26, 08:36 AM
Issachar rounds the corner and spots the goblins gleefully hacking at the poor dog. The sight sends a rush of anger thoughout his body. He runs silently, closing the distance to the nearest goblin. He stops and slams his dagger into the unsuspecting creature, aiming for the kidney.

Move to O17, Sneak attack G3 [roll0] for [roll1] piercing damage and [roll2] SA damage.

Crit? [roll3] for [roll4] piercing damage.

kjelfalconer
2019-02-26, 07:37 PM
Zadavyr blasts the closest goblin with lightning

[roll0] lightning damage, ref 14 half

Illogictree
2019-02-26, 08:32 PM
Halcyon reaches the scene first, then flinches back as she witnesses the goblins' cruelty towards the poor animal.

Her sister, however, isn't daunted by the sight. The goblin raider riding the ugly mount looks like the greatest threat right now, she decides, and charges at the pair, attempting to bring beast and rider to the ground with one swipe, moving perilously close to one of the other greenskins in the process.

Halcyon: Move action to maintain summon.

Tempest: Charge to M17 and attempt to trip the goblin dog.

Trip roll: [roll0] vs goblin dog's CMD

Bansheexero
2019-02-26, 08:54 PM
Verezza's anger gets the better of her as she rams into a goblin, smashing it into greasy green bits. Issachar tries to impress his full-bodied muse by following suit, but stumbles at the last moment and misses his mark.

Meanwhile, Zadavyr looks a little bored as he lazily belches forth electricity at the nearest goblin.

G1 reflex save [roll0]

Tempest approaches the mounted commando and sweeps the goblin dog from beneath him. Meanwhile, Madison positions herself to get a better view.

GC Acrobatics check [roll1]

Knowledge check result: the man hiding in the corner is Aldern Foxglove, a minor noble from Magnimar. During his childhood, his parents died in some dark incident that cast a shadow over their house's reputation. He has recently moved back into their ancestral home to try to redeem his family's name.

The goblin commando attempts to leap from the saddle as his mount falls, but lands prone instead as he misjudged the timing.

BtanH
2019-02-26, 09:31 PM
Madison positions herself a bit closer to the fight, carefully putting a couple of bodies between herself and the dog. She steels herself, and channels a little of her anger into the notes that leave her lips, aimed at the goblin who isn't currently being hounded by her compatriots.

Move: Move to N21
Standard: Minor Paralyze G1 - DC 19
[roll0] v DC16
If I fail by 5 or less, immediate action inspire myself with the greater charm
[roll1] v DC16
[roll2]

no pun intended re:hounded

richmond
2019-02-26, 11:34 PM
Verezza was ready this time for the resounding thunder of the blue-haired boy's magic. She doesn't even flinch at the sound as she shakes her shield trying to get most of the blood off of its surface. The warrior girl somehow dismounts the goblin, the little creature falling hard onto the ground, and Verezza takes the opportunity.

With two quick steps, she spins her weapon to get momentum before thrusting it on the goblin who dodged Issachar's attack, then allows the movement of her body to turn her towards the goblin leader, waiting for another chance to strike.

Verezza moves to L18 (Move), uses a reserve point to gain 5 THP (Swift) and attacks G3 (Standard).

Damage: [roll2] (+ [roll3] crit) piercing

As always, she will take all AoO she can (specially against the commando if he stands up). If anyone attacks her, she will also spend an AoO to use Active Defense and increase her AC by +2. She has 5 AoOs.

Kvard51
2019-02-27, 01:05 AM
Irritated by his miss, Issachar spins around the dancers friend as puts the rider and his beast on the ground. He circles around to set up a flanking position on the apparent leader, aiming to incapacitate him before he can get to his feet.

Circle around the downed pair to K15, flanking the prone goblin.

Attack [roll0] (+2 Flanking) for [roll1] slashing damage and [roll2] SA.

Crit? [roll3] (+2 Flanking) for [roll4] slashing damage.

kjelfalconer
2019-02-28, 09:57 AM
Wouldn't they just take the hint already and die?

Move to M16.
Place the five squares of mutable blast such that they arc through all three for [roll0] damage (ref 14 half) (Spending a spell point for increased damage)

Bansheexero
2019-02-28, 10:39 AM
Verezza's attack rings true, slaying the little green monster. Tempest takes the opportunity to sweep the goblin dog, along with its rider, to the ground, but while trying to regain some face after his last miss, Issachar fails to compensate for the necessary reach to strike a downed opponent and misses.

Madison sings, beginning to lull the standing goblin into complacency.

G1 will save [roll0]

As she does, Zadavyr, annoyed that these little green buggers won't die, tries to take advantage of the two that are prone and again breathes electricity, but sputters out in his enthusiasm.

Reflex saves
GC [roll1]
GW [roll2]
G1 [roll3]

Even such a small shock is able to slay the dazed goblin, but with such a measly jolt, the commando and dog begin to try to stand, taking an onslaught of blows as they do.

AoO's against GC

Zadavyr [roll4]
Crit? [roll5]
Damage [roll6] if crit add [roll7]

Verezza [roll8]
Crit? [roll9]
Damage [roll10] if crit add [roll11]

AoO's against GD

Issachar [roll12]
Crit? [roll13]
Damage [roll14] plus [roll15] if crit add [roll16]

Tempest [roll17]
Crit? [roll18]
Damage [roll19] if crit add [roll20]

Verezza [roll21]
Crit? [roll22]
Damage [roll23] if crit add [roll24]

Easily overwhelmed, they are quickly cut down.

The cowering man rises and approaches the party, thanking them profusely. He looks around nervously to see if there are any more goblins lurking nearby. "Thank you all so much for your bravery in saving my life. It is truly a shame that my noble companion was slain by these monsters, but you avenged him well. I am going to find a safer location to stay clear of the fighting, but I am staying at the Rusty Dragon a few days, you should stop by so I can reward you and thank you properly."

He looks at Madison, and straightens himself up a bit, "And you, young lady were by far the bravest, keeping those nasty things at bay with nothing but your exquisite singing voice. Not even a weapon, and still formidable. Don't get me wrong, your friends were amazing as well, but none did it with such poise and grace " He takes a moment to kiss her on the hand and bow before he runs off.

Bansheexero
2019-02-28, 03:20 PM
The town guard is able to more fully rout the goblin menace, though they are unsure if any are still hiding nearby. The next few days has them doing sweeps of the area to locate any stragglers. Meanwhile, word spreads of the party's involvement in dealing with the threat, making them minor celebrities. They find themselves being given small gifts of food and discounts wherever they go in town.

Issachar becomes somewhat of a magnet for women of eligible marriage age and receives multiple love letters and proposals. Verezza is a favorite of young children, who are amazed at her immense size and many try to emulate her during their day-to-day games. Halcyon and Madison are often requested to put on performances at different venues. As for Zadavyr, his estranged kin tend to warm up to him even more. His niece, the mayor, sees an opportunity at self promotion, asking that he might endorse her and assist her campaign during the next election. Things start to recover a bit as the group is made to feel especially welcome in town.

The group is free to roam around Sandpoint a bit and speak with the locals. It is a good opportunity for some RP development

Illogictree
2019-02-28, 11:02 PM
Caught up in the sudden rush of fame, Halcyon is having the time of her life. It's nice that she has a lot of people being friendly to her for once, she thinks, and she enjoys entertaining them. However, she's a bit coy about the nature of the floating lights that sometimes appear about her. Not many people saw what the one did during the fight with the goblins, except of course for the other four whom she had helped. She preferred to keep it that way; folks tended to get antsy when they found out she could conjure departed souls, as if they expected her to suddenly start raising zombies or something.

As to the others in the fight, the giant kept figuratively setting off alarm bells in her head. Something about the tall woman kept her ill at ease. Likewise, Blue Hair was a bit off-putting with the casual way he slaughtered the goblins, and the aloof manner in which he comported himself. The knife-wielding rogue was good-looking but she wasn't quite sure what to think of him. As for the singer, well, she'd made a promise. Today, she's going to go find her and talk about that collaboration.

The sixth member of the group, the warrior with the crystal shard in her head, is conspicuous with her absence.

BtanH
2019-03-01, 02:03 AM
Knowledge check result: the man hiding in the corner is Aldern Foxglove, a minor noble from Magnimar. During his childhood, his parents died in some dark incident that cast a shadow over their house's reputation. He has recently moved back into their ancestral home to try to redeem his family's name.

As the man kisses her hand, Madison blushes. "Thank you Mr. Foxglove, I'm just glad I could help."

Is Mr. correct? Does he have a title or should it be sir or something?

------------------------Timeskip------------------------

Madison has enjoyed her relative fame, taking advantage of being in a larger town to sample some delicious foods and check out the markets. She also greatly enjoys the small performances she's been able to put on, reveling in the view of smiling faces focused on her. She's hoping that these smaller engagements have reached the ears of Cyrdak Drokkus and that she'll be able to potentially get a larger engagement performing at the Sandpoint Theatre, and perhaps a patronage. She'd also gladly speak with the dancer from before, she'd love to hear more about her dancing. And of course, she should probably visit Aldern Foxglove from before. It's been a busy few days but she should make sure he's alright.

Any specific gifts we may have received? Or money from performances?

richmond
2019-03-02, 04:40 AM
Verezza has to suppress a laugh as the goblin boss instantaneously dies to her companions' assault, but the noble man stands up and, although clearly nervous about the creatures, starts thanking the party. Verezza tries to look regal, but as soon as the man starts talking and wooing the dancer, she relaxes. A man so prone to adulation when all he did was cower obviously lacks fiber, so he would need more than titles or money to earn the goliath's respect. So Verezza just focuses on cleaning her weapon, nodding once when the man finishes speaking. She then waits until he leaves before turning towards Issachar with a stretched hand, hoping he would shake it. "Verezza," she says simply as introduction. "This was fun."

----TIMESKIP----

The last few days had been... intestesting. It seems the little she had done to help against the goblins was beyond what humans usually do for their homes because everywhere they gave her small gifts and mementos. She was treated as a hero and, as hard as it would be for her to assume it, she liked it! She would hear the tales of the elderly, play with children and try everything they offered her. She actually liked the small town quite a lot more than she expected and had decided to wait around a bit. She had been on the run for quite a while and she thought at least everyone would notice if more of her kind came around, right?

She also spent some time with Issachar, mostly mocking him every time he got one of those love letters, even though he seemed actually pleased with himself. He was easy to talk to, mostly because he was the one talking all the time and all she had to do was nod and comment at times. She also watched some of the girls' performance, paying special attention to the little acts of magic they did. It was still weird noticing at how commom it all seemed to the others, and that put a small idea on her head...

She went to a few bookstores the very next day. If humans were used to magic, maybe she could too, and what better place to learn it than a book? That's where humans kept most of their knowledge, as far as she could tell, so maybe, just maybe, she would find a book that would make her not so ignorant about it all. After all, she didn't want to be so awed - therefore distracted - by every little bit of magic that happens around her. Specially when most of the people she's met use it all the time.

Verezza would look for a book about magic, a very basic one that just teaches what it is and how most people use it. She would definitely be hiding it from the others, though, specially Issachar.
Not sure if that needs a roll, but it's a RP way of representing her future caster class and all.

Bansheexero
2019-03-03, 06:31 PM
As the group spends a few days in town, Sheriff Hemlock approaches them. "Hello, how are my favorite visitors doing today in Sandpoint? Good, I hope. Listen, if it would not be too much trouble, there are a few issues that you might be able to assist me with. Father Zantus came to me regarding a possible desecration of burial vault, claiming that the stone door leading to Ezekial Tobyn's crypt was found open. He is looking for somebody to investigate the matter. Unfortunately, my hands are full with the watch, trying to locate any more goblins that may be hiding out in town. Aside from that, Amele Barrett came to me in a panic, as apparently something was attacking her family in their home. You will have to speak to her yourself, as unfortunately, she was too upset and it was difficult for me to gather all the details. Help me with these tasks, and I will be sure to compensate you for your trouble."

A short while later, Issachar is approached by a very attractive young woman named Shayliss Vinder. There have been rumors around town about her older sister Katrine "shacking up" with one of the workers at the lumber Mill and her overprotective father has been all up in arms about it. She bashfully approaches Issachar, "Excuse me, Mr. Issachar, I have been having somewhat of a dilemma I was hoping you could assist me with. My father has been too busy with my sister's personal life recently, as I'm sure you've heard, and our store has developed a bit of a pest problem. While the job is small and one person is usually enough to handle it, I am having some trouble dealing with it. I would be most grateful if you could come assist me." She looks down the entire time, blushing deeply.

Finally, Aldern Foxglove seeks the party out himself and mentions that he is hoping to go on a board hunt before he returns home to Magnimar. He invites you along, saying to meet him at the Rusty Dragon for more details as well as for an opportunity to reward you for helping him during the goblin attack.

Madison's performance checks yield
Day 1 [roll0] gp
Day 2 [roll1] gp
Day 3 [roll2] gp

So, now the party has a few different routes to choose from.

Kvard51
2019-03-03, 08:02 PM
Issachar laughs with glee as the last goblin dies. Leaning over, he wipes his blades on the creatures tunic. I'll have to clean these for real later...

He smiles thinly at man coming out of hiding. Cowering as the goblins killed his dog didn't sit well with Iss, so that was all the fellow was ging to get. His grin lights up for real when Lovely introduces herself, sticking a hand out. Iss grabs it, "Verezza.
That's a nice name. But I hope you don't mind if I call you 'Lovely'?" He bends at the waist, kissing her hand....

----TIMESKIP----

The following days are a heady brew for Issachar. He enjoys his new found fame, laughing with Verezza over the letters and proposals. He keeps them, tied up in a piece of ribbon the first came in. And he's not ashamed to share a kiss or a cuddle, when he can, but that's as far as it goes. He's looking for excitement and adventure, after all. Settling down isn't really in his plans.

Lovely turned out to have a ready laugh and a snide tongue. That is to say, she seemed a perfect companion. She didn't talk too much, either, leaving Iss to his silent ways. She enjoyed his letters as much as she did, mocking him and making kissy-faces whenever he snuck off for his dalliances. They did find time to watch the dancer and her new friend as they sang and danced at the local establishments, where Issachar would sit silently for the duration. His awe at her movements was evident on his face. Maybe he'd get a chance to talk to her soon...

----TIMESKIP----

Iss smiles down at the very pretty Shayliss, he could never resist a heart-shaped face and pouty lips... "A beautiful girl like you shouldn't look at the ground so much, my dear. No need to deprive the gods of your beauty.

Of course I'll help you. Would tomorrow be soon enough?"

Illogictree
2019-03-03, 09:56 PM
Halcyon catches up with Madison at the end of her latest performance. She is impressed by her virtuoso skills and excited by the thought of working together with someone.

"Hello! You remember me from the other day, right? My name is Halcyon Tanijar, I don't think we got a chance to introduce ourselves formally," she said excitedly, though not without a little trepidation. "Would you like to talk a bit over some tea perhaps?" As she chats with the other woman, she starts to calm down a bit and be more at ease.

"There's not a lot of people who'd recognize a Thassilonian dance," she says, in reference to Madison's comment about the origins of her moves. "I've made a bit of a study of their culture. I've talked to... I mean, I've read a lot of materials about them, and not the usual stuff people are interested in. I don't care much about the accomplishments of their conquests or their magic. I'm a lot more curious about how they lived day-to-day, what they ate, what they sang about, how they danced..."

She points to the lines of turquoise tattoos on her face. "You see these? Genuine Thassilonian runes. I designed these tattoos myself... then later I actually learned how to read the language and found out I made complete nonsense of them." She giggles with embarrassment.

Their discussion is interrupted when the Sheriff comes by and informs them of the side quests. When he mentions the violation of the tomb, Halcyon perks up. "I'll take care of that!" she says, immediately standing up to go find Father Zantus.

Bansheexero
2019-03-04, 11:22 PM
The Desecrated Vault

The sheriff accompanies Halcyon to the Cathedral. Once there, he greets Father Zantus who leads you to the vault. The door does indeed hang ajar and the ground around it is churned up, showing several footprints. The sheriff tells the priest to wait inside the cathedral while he and Halcyon investigate, starting outside with the tracks left by the trespassers.

Halcyon can make a Perception check to search the tracks, or if she wants to try for more detailed information, Survival can help as well. Either that or you are free to enter the vault.

The Shopkeeper's Daughter

In order to get things rolling, I'm going to list this at the same time as the vault, despite them happening a day apart

The following day, Shayliss greets Issachar at her father's shop. Once he is inside, she leads him down to the basement. As soon as the reach the basement, she shuts the door and removes her bodice. "Finally alone!" She throws herself on Issachar in a passionate embrace.

So . . . yeah, that's happening, what do you do?

BtanH
2019-03-05, 01:32 AM
I dunno if this makes sense as a way to reply but I felt like trying this

Halcyon catches up with Madison at the end of her latest performance. She is impressed by her virtuoso skills and excited by the thought of working together with someone.

"Hello! You remember me from the other day, right? My name is Halcyon Tanijar, I don't think we got a chance to introduce ourselves formally," she said excitedly, though not without a little trepidation. "Would you like to talk a bit over some tea perhaps?" As she chats with the other woman, she starts to calm down a bit and be more at ease.

"Hey! Of course I remember you, how could I forget your dancing? Tea sounds lovely. I'm Madison Sanders, singer extraordinaire. Or so I hope to become!"

"There's not a lot of people who'd recognize a Thassilonian dance," she says, in reference to Madison's comment about the origins of her moves. "I've made a bit of a study of their culture. I've talked to... I mean, I've read a lot of materials about them, and not the usual stuff people are interested in. I don't care much about the accomplishments of their conquests or their magic. I'm a lot more curious about how they lived day-to-day, what they ate, what they sang about, how they danced..."

She points to the lines of turquoise tattoos on her face. "You see these? Genuine Thassilonian runes. I designed these tattoos myself... then later I actually learned how to read the language and found out I made complete nonsense of them." She giggles with embarrassment.

"I've only a passing knowledge of Thessalonia unfortunately, though I'd love to learn more from you. History has always been of interest to me. Your tattoos are beautiful, what did you intend for them to say? And what did they end up saying? I'd like to get tattoos at some point, but I think my Father would kill me," she laughs. "I'm supposed to be his heir, I don't think he'd be too happy with me carrying on the family name if I did something "inappropriate for someone in my station"" she does finger quotes. "It's a miracle he let me come to this festival alone in the first place, and that business with the goblins means I might not be let out on my own for the next few years." Madison sighs, "speaking of, I should probably send a note home so my family will know I'm alright."

Their discussion is interrupted when the Sheriff comes by and informs them of the side quests. When he mentions the violation of the tomb, Halcyon perks up. "I'll take care of that!" she says, immediately standing up to go find Father Zantus.

Madison offers to go with her new friend, but if Halcyon thinks she can handle it alone she'll go seek out Foxglove to make sure he's doing alright, and pick up whatever reward he had for their group.

Does sending exist in spheres? Can I pay a caster or something to send a message to my fam

richmond
2019-03-06, 02:11 AM
Verezza's eyes roll as the girl approaches Issachar, trying not to groan when she does her plea to the young rogue. His answer irritates her even more, but shestays quiet, waiting for the girl to leave before turning to her friend. "That was awkward to watch. Take care, Issachar," she says, slapping his back with a little more force than necessary. "Do not let rats eat you up," she finishes with a smile.

Since his friend has other plans, the goliath decides to agree with the sheriff's request. The magical girls were going to investigate the crypt and, out of sheer boredom, she would check on the family attack. Maybe she would also have a story to tell Issachar in the evening. She decides to invite the blue-haired boy first, in case he wanted some (possible) action. Besides, she hadn't talked to him at all and he was a wizard, too, so she might have a better chance to learn something.

kjelfalconer
2019-03-06, 07:26 AM
Zadavyr hadn't seen much of the others. The rest of them might well have been in the same vicinity of inns, but he had his own home, and tended towards the taverns more frequented by locals.

Honestly he'd kind of forgotten about them. He met a lot of people, and most of them he never saw again. But the Sherrif he knew, and apparently he could help with a problem. He didn't actually care all that much, but he was always happy for payment in gold or reputation.
"Amelle? Sheriff said you had a problem?"

Kvard51
2019-03-06, 03:39 PM
As the door shut behind them, Issachar turned, suddenly wary. Wierd things had been happening in Sandpoint and he wanted no part of them. Particularly with a girl whose father was notoriously overprotective.

As Shayliss dropped her top and moved towards Iss, he realized that this wasn't what he was worried about, but it could easily lead to an entanglement he wanted to avoid. ducking under her advance under the guise of looking at tracks, he followed them to a shelf across the room. "Ahh, look here. The vermin tracks run right up to this shelf. I think we can smoke them out." Pulling a smokestick from under his cloak, he breaks it before standing back up. He pretendsd to just now notice the partially unclothed Shayliss. "Ahh, you seem to have lost your bodice. Did the rats chewing weaken the threads? Well, never you fear, this smoke will take care of it. Now, I susggest we get out of the basement before your father... I mean before the smoke fills the room."

Acrobatics to dodge Shayliss: [roll0]
Bluff to feign ignorance: [roll1]

Bansheexero
2019-03-06, 10:13 PM
The Desecrated Vault

Madison finally catches up to Halcyon and the sheriff. By the time she gets there, they are standing in front of the gate of the opened vault, examining the area to determine who or what did this.

Issachar's move distracts the young maiden and he takes the opportunity to head to the stairs, but as he does so, he runs right into her father, Ven Vinder.

A rather large man, Issachar stops cold. The shopkeeper takes one look at Iss and then at the smoke behind him, which is thankfully concealing young Shayliss. He raises an eyebrow. "Who do we have here? An arsonist? Explain yourself, young man, before I send for the town guard to have you locked up."

Monster in the Closet

Amele Barrett is a petite woman, who seems frantic, her eyes red from where there had been tears. She clutches her baby Verah to her chest and holding on to the back of her other child's, a boy named Aeren, shirt.

Tears begin to well up in her eyes as she recounts to Verezza and Zadavyr the events of the past few nights. "Something is living in our house, and I'm afraid it killed our dog, and possibly my husband Alergast as well. During the Swallowtail Festival, it was horrible, young Aeren here saw a goblin set a cat on fire. That night, and ever since, he started complaining about something in his room. He's howled every night and our dog Petal would bark frantically, keeping us awake. When my husband went to investigate, our son claimed a goblin came out of his closet. Alergast checked the closet, but found nothing. It grew tiresome, and last night, Alergast threatened to have Aeren sleep in the wood shed if he could be a man and stop crying and telling stories."

Her tears now fall much more heavily as she turns up young Aeren's arms, which are covered in dozen of goblin bite marks. "It turns out, my son was not just telling stories!! Last night, my son still cried out again. Alergast went to soothe him, but Petal's barking suddenly turned shrill. When my husband burst into the room, our dog was dead with a knife buried deep in her ear and a goblin was gnawing on Aeren's arm!! Alergast attacked the little monster, but it fled into the closet. He flew into a rage and started tearing the closet apart, searching for the little green demon. I was scared for my children, so I fled with them to safety! I haven't heard from my husband since, and I fear the worst! Please! Please help me, I fear it is still in our house and I am terrified to think about what happened to my husband!"

kjelfalconer
2019-03-08, 04:04 PM
"Well, I can make sure your house is safe. Am I gonna need a key?" There wasn't really much else to say to that. The tall woman seemed kind of familiar though, even though she wasn't from round here. Was she one of the travelers knocking around for the festival? He'd though most of those had started to head off, but hey, they wanted to give more business, great.

Kvard51
2019-03-08, 04:13 PM

Issachar's move distracts the young maiden and he takes the opportunity to head to the stairs, but as he does so, he runs right into her father, Ven Vinder.

A rather large man, Issachar stops cold. The shopkeeper takes one look at Iss and then at the smoke behind him, which is thankfully concealing young Shayliss. He raises an eyebrow. "Who do we have here? An arsonist? Explain yourself, young man, before I send for the town guard to have you locked up."

"No sir. I'm an exterminator. Your daughter sais she was having trouble with rats in the cellar, and you were out hunting for her sister. She asked if I could help, so that's why I'm here. My da' always smoked the rats out of our barn, back on the farm, so I am doing the same for you. You can thank me later!

Your daughter should be right up."

Iss looks back into the smoke to see if Shayliss is on her way.

Bluff Shayliss' father to keep him from beating the crap out of me... [roll0]

If Shayliss isn't coming, Iss will go back down to find her.

Illogictree
2019-03-09, 02:24 AM
"I've only a passing knowledge of Thessalonia unfortunately, though I'd love to learn more from you. History has always been of interest to me. Your tattoos are beautiful, what did you intend for them to say? And what did they end up saying? I'd like to get tattoos at some point, but I think my Father would kill me," she laughs. "I'm supposed to be his heir, I don't think he'd be too happy with me carrying on the family name if I did something "inappropriate for someone in my station"" she does finger quotes. "It's a miracle he let me come to this festival alone in the first place, and that business with the goblins means I might not be let out on my own for the next few years." Madison sighs, "speaking of, I should probably send a note home so my family will know I'm alright."

Halcyon laughs sympathetically at Madison's plight. "Ahh... I'm sure he'll be fine with your being here. Who wouldn't want to have a hero in their family? What does your family do anyway, if you don't mind my asking?"

"As to my tattoos... I picked ones that I liked the looks of. They don't really say anything meaningful, though a few are apparently their names for types of magic. This one, for instance..." She points to one that looks vaguely like a highly stylized person lying down, "This one is their sign for conjuration magic, like the warp abilities I have and my calling up my little glowing friends."

Madison offers to go with her new friend, but if Halcyon thinks she can handle it alone she'll go seek out Foxglove to make sure he's doing alright, and pick up whatever reward he had for their group.

"Oh, if you want to, I'd be grateful for you to come along, Madison. I would feel a bit more at ease if someone else were with me."

At the crypt, Halcyon studies the surroundings and examines the tracks. She's not much of a huntress or outdoorsperson, but she's doing her level best.

Perception check: [roll0]

...Also since I neglected to roll for them earlier, here's the Performance checks to see how Halcyon did at her dances over the last few days.
Day 1: [roll1]
Day 2: [roll2]
Day 3: [roll3]

Bansheexero
2019-03-09, 02:50 PM
The Desecrated Vault

Halcyon notices that several of the footprints are smaller, possibly goblinoid, but there is a set of larger, humanoid footprints as well. The all lead to the wall of the vault, apparently they climbed over it, then entered the vault proper.

Sense Motive [roll0]

". . . Ah, I see . . . I have been busy as of late, my eldest shacking up with that lumberjack, I have not been able to keep up with the shop's maintenance. I guess Shayliss has taken it upon herself to call in help. Good for her, showing initiative. Though I am unsure if this will do the trick, I may need Issachar's help again if it doesn't."

Out of the smoke, Shayliss appears, once again fully clothed. "Thank you, father, it had to be done, it was becoming a real problem." She glances over at Iss, gives him a wink, stepping closer and pinching his . . . posterior.

"Certainly, we are glad to have his help!" He walks forward and pats Iss on the shoulder.

So, yeah, this side quest is technically finished, but Shayliss does not seem done with Iss yet, and that will probably come to cause issues in the future. You can continue to pursue this as you wish or leave it alone for now.

Monster in the Closet

Amele leads Verezza and Zadavyr to her house. She opens the door, but remains outside. The house is disturbingly silent. Inside Aeren's room, Alergast is found on his belly, looking as if he was trying to crawl into the closet. However, he remains still.

BtanH
2019-03-10, 12:28 AM
Halcyon laughs sympathetically at Madison's plight. "Ahh... I'm sure he'll be fine with your being here. Who wouldn't want to have a hero in their family? What does your family do anyway, if you don't mind my asking?"

"He can be a bit protective...I think he'd rather have me safe at home than a hero." She laughs. "They're merchants! I've always had a bit of a way with people, so I'd probably be pretty good at it. People think it's a lot of numbers but everything gets a lot easier if people like you." Madison winks.

"As to my tattoos... I picked ones that I liked the looks of. They don't really say anything meaningful, though a few are apparently their names for types of magic. This one, for instance..." She points to one that looks vaguely like a highly stylized person lying down, "This one is their sign for conjuration magic, like the warp abilities I have and my calling up my little glowing friends."

"Ooooh, you can warp? That's always sounded to me like something I'd love to learn. It's probably so convenient. No more climbing steep hills or taking ladders."

"Oh, if you want to, I'd be grateful for you to come along, Madison. I would feel a bit more at ease if someone else were with me."

"Of course, I'd love to help."

At the crypt, Halcyon studies the surroundings and examines the tracks. She's not much of a huntress or outdoorsperson, but she's doing her level best.

"Anything you've noticed Halcyon?" Madison asks. She also turns to Father Zantus. "Any idea why someone would desecrate the vault? Is there anything valuable here? Have you noticed anything missing?

Sense Motive in case it's useful - [roll0]
And diplomacy just because - [roll1]

richmond
2019-03-10, 03:54 AM
Verezza ends up following Zadamyr to the house, as apparently the blue-haired boy was familiar with the involved. She stays quiet while the woman speaks, paying more attention to the small boy she clutches, the one who had been attacked. She did not voice her thoughts, as Zadamyr was a local, but she could not understand how the Sheriff did not hear these pleas himself when he was apparently the one trying to find more goblins in his city. Such clumsy work would never been accepted in her clan. Simply nodding as the woman and the boy came to terms, she follows Zadamyr into the bedroom where the still body was.

She immediately steps forward, placing her shield at the closet's entrance to prevent anything from bursting out, while kneeling next to Alergast and grabbing his leg, noticing the firmness and temperature. "I'm sorry," she says somberly to the body, before pulling it so they could take a better look. Her spear was on the ground easily reachable, but she was more interested in protecting the man if he was still alive, or not defiling his body further if not.

Verezza will pull the body quickly if he seems dead, and genlty if he feels alive. Either way, she is prepared to defend herself if a goblin jumps out of it.

Illogictree
2019-03-11, 06:46 PM
Footprints going in only? Hmm, curious. "It looks like we might have some goblins and someone regular-sized," she says quietly. "...I don't know if they were together or one was chasing the other. We should be careful."

She starts carefully toward the vault entrance, trying to be as quiet as possible, and trying to peek inside.

Stealth: [roll0]

Bansheexero
2019-03-11, 10:29 PM
Monster in the Closet

As Verezza examines Alergast, she pulls him back to find his throat slit and his face mostly eaten away. In an instant, from a hole in the floorboards beneath the closet, a goblin, mad with hunger leaps out, ready to attack.

Initiative rolls
Verezza [roll0]
Zadavyr [roll1]
Goblin [roll2]

The Desecrated Vault

Halcyon attempts to creep towards the vault as Madison watches. The Sheriff remains outside the gate in the event the intruders try to sneak out. Halcyon is unable to conceal her bound spirits very well, and as she enters the precipice their pale radiance is cast across the interior. Inside, however, the sarcophagus the held the remains of Ezakien Tobyn's remains is opened and empty and standing ready to attack are two animated skeletons.

Skeleton Perception check [roll3]

Initiative rolls
Halcyon [roll4]
Madison [roll5]
Skeletons [roll6]

Bansheexero
2019-03-11, 10:50 PM
Monster in the Closet

The feral goblin lashes at Verezza, wielding a broken shard of metal as a dagger.

Goblin attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

The Desecrated Vault

Both skeletons charge towards Hal, raking at her with their bony hands.

S1 attack [roll3]
Crit? [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

S2 attack [roll6]
Crit? [roll7]
Damage [roll8]

richmond
2019-03-12, 03:31 AM
Verezza barely has any time to consider how brutally the man had been dead and what effect it would have on his family. As soon as the goblin jumps out with his makeshift dagger, Verezza steels her position, absorbing all the impact of the attack with her shield.

In a swift movement, she's on her feet and pressing back, a powerful shove with her large shield. The position gives her more mobility if that was necessary, but she chooses to leave the spear by her foot. The room was a bit small for her to use if effectively, and her defensive stance was better for Zadavyr. He could use his magic from the back or simply join her in melee without worrying about the spear arcs. This was going to be almost too easy...

Verezza stands up as a move action. I'm not sure kneeling is considered prone, so I'm just making sure. Even if it's not necessary, she won't move anyway.

She then attacks the goblin with a Shield Bash:
To Hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll2] bludgeoning (+[roll3] if critical hit)

She loses her Shield bonus for the round, so her AC is now 18.

She then uses a Swift action to spend a Resolve point and get 5 Temporary HP.

Illogictree
2019-03-12, 07:50 PM
Halcyon cries out as the skeletons rake her with their bony fingers. She stumbles back, somehow ducking their follow-up swipes. She shouts out a warning. "W-watch out! Undead!"

As soon as she's out of their reach her steps turn into dance movements. Her panic at being attacked momentarily overcoming her other fears, she attempts to teleport herself on top of the roof of the vault.

5-foot step away from the skeletons, then warp onto the roof of the vault.
Perform check: [roll0] vs DC 16

BtanH
2019-03-12, 10:47 PM
Seeing the skeletons burst from the Vault, Madison lets out a short shriek, quickly getting some more composure over herself as Halcyon teleports up onto the roof. Alone on the ground with two skeletons in front of her, she opts to get help, running to Sheriff Hemlock and telling him what she's seen. "Two skeletons popped out of the vault and attacked Halcyon! She's ok, but she's up on the roof now. Can you go help her while I go find the priest?" Assuming he agrees, Madison goes and looks for Father Zantus.

kjelfalconer
2019-03-13, 07:09 PM
A few stray sparks crackled in his mouth, but he bit them back. He didn't want to have to explain another burned down house. So he settled for trying to grab its head and slam it into the floor.

Shove [roll0] - 4 damage
Attack [roll1] - [roll2] damage

Bansheexero
2019-03-13, 07:30 PM
Monster in the Closet

As the goblin lashes out, Verezza tries to swing at it with her shield, but her shock at the fate of Alergast has her taken aback for a moment and that hesitation is all that is needed to telegraph her attack, allowing the goblin to evade. However, Zadavyr takes the opportunity to catch the goblin off-balance, slamming into it so hard it splatters partially against the interior of the closet as it rebounds, falling to the ground, motionless.

So, the threat is gone. That ends the side quest officially, but you are free to follow up however you wish.

The Desecrated Vault

As Madison runs to find the Sheriff, the Skeletons shamble out of the vault. Hearing Maddie's cry for help, the Sheriff rushes back towards the vault, climbing the gate and landing on the inside of its enclosure.

Illogictree
2019-03-13, 08:23 PM
Seeing Madison flee to safety, Halcyon sighs with relief. She takes a moment to assess the situation - the skeletons are stumbling about still, but they're still close enough.

There's a twinge of sadness in her heart as she looks at these undead. Having their remains desecrated and used like this? She doesn't know the people they used to be, but she imagines they would be upset by it too.

She raises her arms to the sky and closes her eyes, whispering a brief prayer. "Shelyn... grant me your light. Let your beauty shine into these darkened vessels and dispel the evil controlling them!"

As she prays, white light radiates from her and onto her surroundings, including onto the animate corpses.

Channel positive energy to damage undead, 30' radius burst centered on Halcyon.

Damage = [roll0] Save DC 15 for half.

BtanH
2019-03-13, 10:15 PM
Madison continues running to the cathedral to alert Father Zantus

Bansheexero
2019-03-14, 08:32 AM
A white light seems to emanate from Halcyon, but it fizzles a bit and seems somewhat weak.

Will [roll0]

Sheriff Hemlock rounds the corner of the vault to engage the skeletons. As he does, they rush to engage him.

S1 takes 5 ft step and attacks (2 claws) [roll1] and [roll2]
Crit? [roll3] and [roll4]
Damage [roll5] and [roll6]

S2 charge attack [roll7]
Crit? [roll8]
Damage [roll9]

Illogictree
2019-03-14, 06:42 PM
Halcyon gasps as the skeletons rush to attack the sheriff. She can't quite see if they've hit him, but she can't take the chance they'll get a second round. She moves to the edge just above them and raises her hands again. "...one more time, please?" she says sheepishly as the light radiates from her once again.

Move to J25 and Channel Energy to damage undead. [roll0] damage, will save DC 15 for half.

Bansheexero
2019-03-14, 07:08 PM
Madison finally makes it to the cathedral, Father Zantus standing out front. Meanwhile, another burst of divine light weakly begins to emanate from Halcyon.

Will save [roll0]

Despite it's weak radiance, it is enough to destabilize the necromantic energies animating the bones, and the skeletons collapse.

Examining the tomb further, there is a discarded cloak, which seems to have had patches on it removed. Additionally, in the dirt, there appears to be what looks like a strange key made of iron. What is most striking about it is its non-toothed end seems to be a glome, its impossible geometry almost hypnotizing if you stare at it too long. Looking more closely at Tobyn's sarcophagus, it seems that the remains of the former priest have been stolen, and were not among the skeletons that attacked.

Sheriff Hemlock thanks you for your effort, and having heard rumors of Maddie's desire to perform for Cyrdak Drokkus, promises to put in a good word for her.

So, officially, this side quest is over, the key is part of something else. You are free to continue now as you wish.

Unused rolls [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] [roll12] [roll13] [roll14] [roll15]

BtanH
2019-03-14, 11:41 PM
After making sure her friend is alright Madison thanks the Sheriff, both for helping Halcyon and for putting in a good word for her. She examines the cloak and the key, not touching either. "Do you think we should leave these for Father Zantus to look at?" she asks Halcyon. She also remembers she needs to send a message to her father, and pens a quick note when she gets the chance, explaining what's been going on over the last few days, and including that venison recipe, if she ever got it, and sends the note with someone.

Should we pick up the robe and key? Or leave it
Is that a robe of many things?
Iirc sending a message was ruled to cost 1gp?

richmond
2019-03-15, 05:00 AM
Verezza isn't even fazed by Zadavyr's brutal attack, simply appreciating the death of the goblin. Seeing the enemy motionless for a few seconds is enough for her, so she grabs her spear again and poke into the opening the creature came from checking to see if it was alone. Once she was sure there were no other monsters, Verezza takes her time to carry the father's body closer to the bed, taking what seems to be the oldest sheet available to wrap him, particularly the gnawed face.

Once the man's body has been attended to, she quickly checks the goblin's corpse to see if there's anything that he might have stolen before throwing it over her shoulder. She walks out the house, looking for Amele and dropping the goblin by her feet. It was clear they had dealt with the problem, but her husband's absence needed a formal explanation. Verezza stood quiet, though, hoping Zadavyr would handle that since he was familiar with the family.

I'm ready to move on whenever you guys need. We still have the whole hunting thing to do with the noble.

Illogictree
2019-03-16, 06:54 PM
Halcyon spares a little of her own power to heal herself before getting help down from the roof. "I'm... out of magical power," she says by way of explanation.

Healing: Spend 1 SP to recover [roll0] HP
Bluff check to cover why she isn't teleporting down: [roll1]

Looking at the key and the robe, Halcyon frowns a little. The impossible geometry of the key intrigues her, and she wonders why anyone would leave such a thing behind.

"I think we should hang onto these for a bit," she says to Madison. "Let's at least let the sheriff and Father Zantus take a look, see if they've seen such things before."

Kvard51
2019-03-17, 08:30 PM
After getting over the shock of his encounter with Shayliss, Issachar goes to look for Verezza. Her making fun of him is exactly what he needs to right his equilibrium. Well, that and maybe another one of Halcyon's performances.

Bansheexero
2019-03-18, 08:28 AM
As Hal and Maddie speak with Father Zantus, he examines the cloak and key they give him. "This is a robe of bones. It was most likely used to summon those skeletons you fought, however, it looks like the last of its patches was removed. The key, on the other hand, is a complete mystery to me. I've never seen anything like it. Not sure what it unlocks. However, the town did have a scholar who looked into such things, named Weyland Var, but he hasn't been seen since the goblin raid at the festival. Most of the dead were accounted for, but he was not found. If he is still alive, he is probably your best bet."

After hearing more about what happened, Zantus looks angry and disturbed. "Who would do this? Digging up a priest's corpse and for what end? I suspect it will be used for some foul ritual. That is a very specific target. Please, I implore you, find those responsible and if possible, please recover poor Father Tobyn's body."

————————————————————————

As Issachar searches for Verezza, he locates her coming out of one of the houses of the townsfolk. Her expression grim and somber, with a hint of anger and disgust. Behind her is the strange blue haired man. They both look a little pale as they seem rather glad to be out of that building.

Bansheexero
2019-03-23, 12:39 AM
After they have finished the last of their tasks, the group had agreed to meet up at the Rusty Dragon to speak with Aldern Foxglove. The inn itself is run by Ameiko Kaijitsu, a local adventurer of Tian descent. The group recognizes her from the Swallowtail Festival as the one who made that very popular curry. As the group enters, Mr. Foxglove sees them, welcomes them, and asks them to wait a moment while he fetches some things from his room.

Ameiko offers the group a complementary meal on the house for the help they have provided the town. As they sit down to eat, however, an older Tian man enters. He is one of the more well known nobles Lonjiku Kaijitsu, and Ameiko's father. He shouts angrily at her in Minkaian and she responds in kind. As he is shouting, he notices the group and turns his attention on them. In his heavy accent, he shouts "Who do we have here? The 'heroes' of Sandpoint. Just what we need, a filthy band of vagrants to attract even more trouble to town. Their antics during the festival endangered the townsfolk, they should have left it to the town guard. And Ameiko supports you, such a shameful daughter, first becoming an adventurer and then jumping on this town hero bandwagon that you bunch have been riding on. Troublemakers all of you.

"First we have this savage giant, who claims to be a woman, but no good woman would be caught with those weapons and fighting like that. That's a man's job. And then we have this promiscuous vagrant, whoring himself out to the local women. I saw you head off with Shayliss. Her father may not know what you two were doing, but I do. Then there is the blue haired boy. What a weirdo, but I noticed the mayor had no issue clinging to your claims of being family once you all became so popular. That opportunistic bitch, anything to stay in office. And finally we have the quaint little song and dance duo. What's the matter? The local brothel kicked you two out?"

richmond
2019-03-24, 02:14 AM
Verezza was glad to see Issachar after her last ordeal, and once she asks him how his own affair was handled, her mood is definitely improved. She laughs and mocks him, actually pleased to see he's uncomfortable with the brash approach of the girl. When the group gets together and is offered the meal, she sits and prepares for a fest, only to be interrupted by the rude man.

She watches as he fights his daughter, a stern look on her face but fully aware she shouldn't meddle with family business. Even when he starts insulting her, she just sits there, her eyes focused on the man. But then he offends Issachar, then the others. She waits until he finishes to calmly stand up, purposedly dragging the wooden chair on the floor to create some noise. She draws a deep breath before she speaks in a loud voice.

"Aimiko has been kind to us, so I won't dirty her home with your blood. So this is an opportunity," she says eerily calm. "Turn back now and leave. Don't speak another word about these people," she gestures towards her companions. "Or I'll drag you to the street, tear your tongue out with my bare hands and feed it to the wolves." She stares deep into his eyes, still serene. "And know that a goliath's word, even a woman's," she pokes at his offense towards her, "is never a threat. It's a promise." She finishes before calmly sitting back.

Verezza isn't actually trying to intimidate him, since she means every single word of what she just said. She really will try to drag him out and cut his tongue if he insults her group again. But I'm not sure if this counts as an intimidation attempt, so I'll roll it anyway, just in case it's necessary.
Intimidate Check:[roll0]

BtanH
2019-03-25, 12:11 AM
Madison is pleased to be reunited with the group, and glad nobody was hurt and that they were able to assist the others. She blushes when she hears about what happened with Shayliss, covering her mouth with secondhand embarrassment.

Sitting down to eat and focused on the food in front of her, Madison doesn't realize the man is yelling at them until half way through his tirade. Opening her mouth to reply, she is interrupted by Verezza. Listening to Verezza speak, Madison's eyes widen as she is both terrified and in awe of the giant woman. Breaking the silence that rings in the wake of Verezza's speech Madison speaks a few words. "As we've only been here a few days I expect you haven't had a chance to get to know us, so I will forgive your rude words. I'll have you know that leaving things to the town guard could have left Mr. Foxglove dead. And just the other day Sheriff Hemlock came to us to ask for our assistance. I advise you to listen to my friend Verezza here and take your leave, and perhaps we can meet again another day under more pleasant circumstances."

Diplomacy
[roll0]

Bansheexero
2019-03-25, 12:29 AM
Lonjiku shrinks at the sight of Verezza's imposing form, "You haven't heard the last of me, filthy savage, the town guard will hear of this!" He leaves the inn in a hurry, with the faint scent of urine trailing behind him.

Ameiko comes over to the group, "Sorry about that, my father is an old fool, stuck in the old ways. He wants me to go with him or be cut out of the will. I became an adventurer to get away from him and his stifling traditions. Everything I do seems to bring shame to him. Anyway, hopefully he did not upset you all too much. I'll give you another round of curry on the house as way of apology."

As this is going on, Aldern returns and hands each member of the party a pouch filled with fifty gold pieces. "As promised, here is my official thanks for saving my life. Now, onto the business at hand, there are wild boar in the Tickwood Forest nearby. They have been giving the locals some trouble, and I think it would be fun to go on a hunt. If you will join me, I will provide you each with a mount. I do hope you will join me." He eyes Madison fancifully as he says, "I am always happy to have such friendly company on such endeavors."

Illogictree
2019-03-26, 06:43 PM
The others may notice Halcyon has been half-cowering in her seat ever since Lonjiku started his tirade. She looks like she's even trembling a bit. Even though he's gone, she still looks a bit shaken.

She looks up at the goliath. "...Th-thank you for getting rid of him, Verezza," she says. "And you too, Madison. This... isn't the first time something like this has happened to me. Usually it's Tempest who sticks up for me though." She gives a weak attempt at a laugh. "Though... this is the first time someone's called me a prostitute. Usually it's... um..." She goes quiet all of a sudden. "...never mind."

She's grateful for the distraction when Amejiko and Aldern come to speak with them, and she even giggles a bit as the nobleman makes eyes at Madison. "A hunt? That sounds like something Tempest would enjoy. Is she invited as well?"

kjelfalconer
2019-03-27, 04:21 AM
The ass was lucky he didn't want to cause his niece trouble. He'd have dragged him out by his teeth and eaten him otherwise. Well, whatever.

"It's a while since I've been hunting, but could be fun. Not sure my style'll mesh with yours though." He paused, looking around the assembled. "Uh... Who actually are you guys?"

Kvard51
2019-03-27, 10:14 PM
Standing, Iss reaches across the table, sticking his hand out for a shake. "Issachar Black. Pleased to meet you. And who are you?"

BtanH
2019-03-27, 10:35 PM
Madison stands and gives Aldern a deep cursty, "It would be an honor to accompany you."
Hearing Zadavyr's question Madison turns to address the group. "I am Madison Sanders, aspiring singer. Some have described my singing as enchanting," she says with a wink. "though that may have more to do with the small skill at magic I have... It's a pleasure to meet you all officially. And it's always a pleasure to see Halcyon."

Bansheexero
2019-03-28, 01:46 AM
Aldern leads the party to the stables where the horses are kept and allows them to each pick one. The ride to the Tickwood is about a mile and a half, just north of an upthrust limestone encampment known as the Devil's Platter. The ride takes about half an hour, during which time Aldern shows to be a rather charming conversationalist, well read, and he seems to possess a seemingly endless supply of stories of the high life in Magnimar. However, he seems far more interested in learning about the group, asking who you all are, where you are from, how long have you been fighting goblins, and what other adventures have you all been on. As before, he is somewhat focused n Madison, but does ask about the rest of you as well.

You can take this time to describe yourself more to him, as he wanted to set out from the inn before it got too late. You may also use any Survival or Knowledge (Nature) checks if you want to try to track down a boar.

Also, while Aldern's interest in Madison may seem rather sudden and possibly uncomfortable after the goblin raid, as I assured BtanH, it is actually plot relevant (actually, picking between Hal and Maddie came down to a 1 pt difference given their respective Charisma scores). The seven deadly sins are a recurring theme in this adventure path, given that those are the Thassilonian schools of magic

Illogictree
2019-03-29, 12:26 PM
"My name is Halcyon Tanijar and it's a pleasure to be introduced to all of you. I'm a dancer, and I know a little magic too, mostly healing and teleportation. I'm traveling a bit to learn more about our lands and the cultures within them, both present and past. I've never really fought goblins or other monsters before, that's more of my sister Tempest's thing. She's not here right now, she's off fighting monsters to protect our lands, but I can call her in when I need to."

Halcyon seems uncertain about riding a horse, but she picks a gentle-looking dappled grey mare and does her best to follow along with the group. She enjoys the stories Aldern tells, asking the occasional question about parts of Magnimar daily life she's unfamiliar with. She talks a little about her life as a Varisian nomad and her time with some of the other cultures she's met. She's relaxing and starting to enjoy herself, it seems.

Bansheexero
2019-03-30, 01:11 AM
As Halcyon converses with Aldern, the group finds themselves at the Tickwood and there are heavy, fresh boar tracks. Aldern asks the group to remain silent for the hunt, so as to not scare away their prey. As they follow the tracks, the group finds itself in a clearing, where they can spot two boars grazing on some mushrooms.

In his excitement, Aldern accidentally steps on a dried twig, snapping it and alerting the boars to the party's presence. Rather than flee, they seem more territorial than anything else. They turn on the party, readying to charge.

Boars [roll0]
Aldern [roll1]
Issachar [roll2]
Verezza [roll3]
Zadavyr [roll4]
Halcyon [roll5]
Madison [roll6]

The game is afoot! Combat is in action.

kjelfalconer
2019-03-31, 04:52 PM
For a moment, he was tempted to just ram the boar into the ground for having the nerve to challenge him. But then he remembered he was outside the city, and the boar didn't know what it was messing with.

He showed it.

Shapeshift as a full round action

Bansheexero
2019-03-31, 11:35 PM
As Zadavyr begins to shift form into that of a small blue dragonling, the boars take the opportunity to charge at the party.

B1 charge attack on Zadavyr [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

B2 charge attack on Issachar [roll3]
Crit? [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

BtanH
2019-04-01, 11:31 AM
Seeing Issichar go down, Madison yelps. She opens her mouth, soft notes spilling out, and once again attempts to paralyze her foe.

Standard - Paralyze Minor Charm on the boar near Issichar
DC 18 or dazed 1rd
Perform Check - DC 16 [roll0]
If off by 2, minor inspire myself
if off by more than 2, greater inspire
[roll1]

richmond
2019-04-02, 03:26 PM
Verezza had been quiet since Foxglove joined the party. She had a dislike for nobility from before, and Aldern was definitely not helping change that, with his early display of cowardice and now the unsettling fixation on Madison. Verezza simply followed along, chatting to Issachar most of the trip when he directed her a question. The only reason she had agreed to this was she hadn't been hunting in a while, and with her blood still hot from the confrontation with Lonjiku, she was really looking forward some killing. They even managed to find a light brown stallion that was big and strong enough to carry her, quite similar to the ones she rid with her people, and she was happy for that.

They dismount once they enocounter the boars' tracks, stealthly walking in single line to find the animals. Verezza keeps her shield tighlty tied to her bag so it doesn't rattle, but her spear is drawn and ready for action. When they see the boars, everyone move slowly to have an advantage, but once again Aldern reinforces Verezza's bad view on nobles as he makes enough noise to draw the boars attention.

Verezza steels her grasp on her weapon, ready to endure the oncoming charges, but Zadavyr chooses that moment to transform. The electric blue color from his hair seems to spread through his skin in a surge of scales as he shifts, immediately distracting Verezza. She curses her lack of focus when Zadavyr is hit mid-change and Issachar is immediately downed by the boar's onslaught. Verezza breathes in and releases a loud battlecry as she rushes forward. The shout is drown out by Madison's soft enchanting, but Verezza has no more time to be distracted by magic. She throws herself at the boar shoulder first, trying to push it away from Issachar's unconscious body and create some room for her own attacks.

Verezza activates her Sentinel's Resolve as a swift action, granting herself 5 THP.
She then moves and performs a Bull Rush against B2. She will try to push it as far north as she can, but she will stay in K21.
She grants the boar an AoO for the maneuveur, though. And without her shield, her AC is 18.

Bull Rush Attack: [roll0] vs. boar's CMD

Bansheexero
2019-04-02, 05:04 PM
As Madison sings a familiar tune, the boar that fell Issachar begins to gain a distant look in its eyes as it loses focus.

Will save [roll0]

While Verezza attempts to plow into the boar, she is not ready to adapt to it's lower center of gravity and is unable to gain purchase. Fortunately, Madison's song quells it and it lacks the wherewithall to retaliate.

Illogictree
2019-04-02, 09:07 PM
Halcyon is stunned by how quickly the situation turns around. One minute they're chatting amicably, the next Issachar is down and they're all suddenly in a fight. Rallying her thoughts, those little orbs of light appear around her again.

"Quickly! He's injured!" she says to one of them, pointing to the rogue. "The rest of you, we might need your help fighting the boars. Hurry!"

The floating souls dart through the air. One settles over Issachar, and two more each move into the boars' spaces while they're dazed. The one near Issachar dips toward him, briefly taking on a vague humanoid shape and embracing him before fading away.

Move action: Move three souls, one each to K20, L21, and H23.
Standard action: Use Lovelorn Soul to expend the one at L21. Issachar automatically stabilizes and gains 2 temporary HP.

Bansheexero
2019-04-03, 12:10 AM
Brandishing his rapier, Aldern moves into flanking position of the dazed boar and makes his attack.

Move to M21
Attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2] and Sneak Attack [roll3]

His stab lands true and the boar is bleeding like, well, a stuck pig. Still, while dazed and bleeding out, the beast has a stubbornness about it that keeps it on its feet, at least for the moment.

kjelfalconer
2019-04-05, 05:11 PM
There'd been an unusual lack of screaming for a change, but maybe they were busy. Like he was. That'd actually kind of hurt, and now he was really pissed. So he did the only logical thing. Slam into the little git and drag him round by his teeth.

5ft step to the left
Shove as a move action [roll0] for 4 damage and batter
Reposition boar into the difficult terrain. The center if I have enough movement. [roll1] And dealing [roll2] damage if successful with smash

Bansheexero
2019-04-05, 05:46 PM
The boars are proving very resilient. As the boar Aldern stabbed comes out of its daze, Zadavyr attempt to manhandle (dragon handle?) the other one, but it is not so easily maneuvered. He still manages to drag it into position, but not before it lashes at him with it's tusks.

B1 attack [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

After being drug into position, it attempts to overrun him to get better positioning.

B1 overrun [roll3]

Zadavyr AoO [roll4]
Crit? [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

It rushes past, but not before Zadavyr bites a large gash into its side.

Illogictree
2019-04-07, 12:15 AM
It's at this point that Halcyon notices that there's suddenly a freakin' dragon right there oh my goddess and she locks up in terror.

Meanwhile her remaining souls pursue their assigned tasks with the weird detachment of those who aren't part of the living world any longer. One chases after the boar Zadavyr has been tangling with, while the other forms into the shape of a screaming face and attempts to hasten its target's demise.

Move action to move the soul at H23 to H17.
Standard action to use Siphon Health on boar #2. Boar loses [roll0] HP, DC 15 FORT for half, can't reduce HP below what would kill it. Soul in B2's space is expended. Halcyon gains temporary HP equal to damage dealt.

richmond
2019-04-07, 04:47 AM
Verezza would be impressed by Aldern's successful attack and the gash it creates if it wasn't for the fact Zadavyr had turned into A FREAKING DRAGON! She was trying very hard to get a hold of herself and focus on the battle, but the blue figure was extremly distracting. It's not until the the board manages to overrun the blue dragon that she snaps back into the fight, realizing she could not allow their target to escape.

Hoping the boy was still in control of the beast's body, she dashes forward, once again drawing the attention from the wounded boar to try and stop the fleeing one. She turns around mid run, trying to cover her movement with the shield tied to her back, and uses the momentum to get some more reach when she thrusts her spear at the enemy.

Verezza will move from K21 to I19, drawing an AoO from B2 (The shield part is just fluff. Her AC is still 18)

She will then attack B1 with her long spear.
Damage: [roll2] (+[roll3] crit) piercing damage

BtanH
2019-04-07, 04:41 PM
Madison moves laterally around the charmed boar, bringing the other boar into her range to stun. She remains blissfully unaware of the small blue dragon in their midst, keeping her eyes on the boars. She sings again, hoping she'll have bought enough time for all the boars to be incapacitated.

Move - move to H23
Standard - Paralyze Minor Charm on the remaining boar
DC 18 or dazed 1rd
Perform Check - DC 16 [roll0]
If off by 2, minor inspire myself
if off by more than 2, and less than 5 greater inspire
[roll1]

Bansheexero
2019-04-08, 01:16 AM
As Verezza moves to stab the dying boar, it lashes out at her with it's tusks.

B2 attacks Verezza [roll0]
Crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Verezza's stab finally puts the boar down. Meanwhile, Madison and Halcyon work their magics on the other boar, acting in tandem, a song and dance duo.

Fort [roll3]
Will [roll4]

The beast begins to lull to Madison's song and while it states off a good portion of Halcyon's bound soul's onslaught, it begins to slow a bit more.

Bansheexero
2019-04-08, 01:23 AM
Aldern takes the opportunity to charge the remaining boar, lunging deep with his rapier.

Attack [roll0]
Crit (18-20)? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

His strike pierces deep, but the boar still stands, stubborn and angry.

kjelfalconer
2019-04-08, 01:01 PM
The swine didn't seem to be getting that it was way out of its league here. Lightning crackled between his teeth, before gushing out in a long sparking lance.

Dc 13 ref to half [roll0] lightning damage
[roll1] turns until the breath recharges

Bansheexero
2019-04-08, 01:26 PM
Electricity crackles off of the boar as Zadavyr's breath encompasses it.

Reflex save [roll0]

Bleeding and smelling of charred pork, the boar listlessly lashes out at Aldern.

Attack [roll1]
Crit? [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

richmond
2019-04-09, 02:48 AM
Verezza watches with glee as her spear pierces through the boar and the animal finally succumbs to its wounds, quickly forgetting the pain of the new gash on her leg. She turns around in time to see the girls working their magic on the remaining foe, and then Aldern thrusts his weapon, drawing more blood. It makes her a bit angry to see the noble being actually useful, but her thoughts are dismissed by the sudden lightning the small dragon releases. It seems Zadavyr was still in control, after all.

Verezza steps again, drawing her spear back to get some reach and jab forcefully straight into the boar's side.

Verezza activates her Sentinel's Resolve once again as a swift action, gaining 5 THP.
She then attacks B1.
Damage: [roll2] (+ [roll3] crit) piercing damage

Bansheexero
2019-04-09, 09:11 AM
The second boar crumples to Verezza's spear, dead and motionless. As it does so, Aldern sheathes his blade. "Good hunt everyone, these should make for a grand feast. I suggest you tend to your friend, as I will need help carrying these back to Sandpoint." He then sets about field dressing the boars in preparation to take them with him.

richmond
2019-04-09, 08:31 PM
Verezza once again had slain a boar, her spear sheated in their blood. She swipes it with force to clean it, the red liquid staining the floor instead as she feels good about the hunt. Of course, the feeling is almost immediately dismissed by Aldern and his little winning speech. She turns towards Issachar's body still on the floor and rushes towards him.

She drops her spear by his side, also alleviating herself from the shield on her back to have better freedom of movement. She carefully turns his body to better see the gash, ripping a part of her undershirt to use as bandages, and starts to clean the wound. She needed her focus on the task, and that's the only reason she didn't bother responding to the noble. Yet.

Verezza will try to stabilize Issachar with First Aid.
Heal Check: [roll0] vs. DC 15

Illogictree
2019-04-09, 08:54 PM
Now that the animals were dead, it took Halcyon a few more seconds to shake herself out of her fugue. The dragon didn't seem to be dangerous at the moment, in fact it had helped them out. It took her a bit longer to realize that Zadavyr was missing and the dragon had scales the color of his hair. Some kind of... were-dragon? That seemed made-up to her.

Oh, wait, one of their number was down. She rushed to Issachar's side and knelt beside Verezza. "You've done a very good job of dressing his wounds, Verezza," she says, looking over the bandages. "I can see if I can help him come around."

She stands up again and begins to dance, whispering a prayer to Shelyn as she does so. The little strands of magic energy swirl around her, following her movements, and gathered in her hand as she crouched low to touch their downed friend.

Spend 1 spell point. Perform check: [roll0] vs DC 16 to heal [roll1] HP on Issachar

richmond
2019-04-09, 11:36 PM
Verezza watches quietly as Halcyon casts her magic, drawing the healing energy towards Issachar. His wound seems to slowly knit together to Verezza's pleasure. "It's been a while since I last saw healing magic, but it was not this... beautiful," she says, remembering when she witnessed her village's shaman using goat's intestines to heal a warrior. Messy and uncomfortable, but effective nonetheless. "Thank you for that. Your magic never stops impressing." She thanks the dancer, before turning to the boy on the ground.

"Time to rise, sunshine. It was just a scratch," she says, poking Issachar's unhurt side.

Kvard51
2019-04-10, 08:28 AM
Pain in one side mixed with the irritating poking in the other rouses Issachar. He shakes his head and attempts to sit up, grabbing his injured ribs and groaning.

"Unnghhh... Please tell me we are having pig for dinner."

Seeing Verezza leaning over him with a concerned look on her face, he smiles up at her. "I think I'm going to live, so show us your Lovely smile instead of that sad face."

kjelfalconer
2019-04-10, 10:20 AM
"They really didn't know when to quit, did they?" he grumbled, apparently oblivious to the stares and the fact he was still in dragon form. His voice sounded no different, which perhaps made things even more disconcerting. "Damn, I'm starving, but I guess the rest of you want to cook them first, I guess." He shrugged, which was an odd look on a quadruped.

He flopped himself down, idly swishing his tail in the air. It wasn't like he knew about human anatomy to fix them anyway.

richmond
2019-04-10, 10:21 AM
"HAH!" Verezza exclaims, unable to hold her grin. "I was thinking of the pain of having to carry you all the way back, that's all." She claps his back, but gently enough that he notices she was still afraid of hurting him more. "And yes, we are having a feast! Not thanks to you..." she says with a wide smile, clearly joking. "But I'm glad to say I had both kills, so I invite."

As if remembering something, she stands up, grabs her shield and walks towards the closest boar, the one Aldern is tending to. Unceremoniously, she grabs the animal's tusk. "My kills," she says to Aldern, "...my trophies, my meat. I will allow you to cook them, but they are mine. I pick who eats them." Without waiting for an answer, she starts whacking the creature's ivory fang with her shield, until it breaks on her hand. She then moves to the second boar to repeat the operation, and that's when dragon-boy speaks. Verezza shivers and turns around abruptly, only to realize it was still the dragon speaking, and not Zadavyr's real self.

"Zadavyr? Are you ok?" she asks, holding her shield perhaps too tightly, her eyes on the spear a few paces away.

Not sure I have to roll anything, I just want her to collect the tusks from her kills with decorative intentions.

kjelfalconer
2019-04-10, 10:43 AM
"Yup! Been a while since I got to enjoy the sun on my scales." He hummed happily to himself, until he processed that that was the face humans tended to make when he transformed the first time. "I did tell you I was a dragon, right? Wait, no, it's supposed to be a secret! Damn it... She'll be mad if she finds out I blew it because I wanted to hunt a boar..." His tail drooped sadly, before perking back up. "But you've seen me breathe lightning before though, right? So you must have already know! Aww, but that means I already messed up even earlier..."

Illogictree
2019-04-10, 07:14 PM
Halcyon blushes at Verezza's praise. Perhaps the huge woman isn't so scary after all. And Issachar seems OK now, so that's good.

The conversation between Verezza and the dragon confirmed that, yes, the scaly beast was in fact Zadavyr after all.

"So... you're a dragon? A real, live dragon? I've heard stories that dragons can take on human form, but I always thought those were just legends." She looks to the others of their group to see how they're reacting. "I've, uh, never seen a real dragon before," she says quietly, clearly torn between wariness and fascination.

Bansheexero
2019-04-11, 09:57 PM
Aldern looks somewhat nonplussed at Zadavyr and says, "Yes, well dragons are inherently magical creatures. While many can shapeshift, typically it is only older and much larger of their kind that are able to do so. Curious. I may have some texts on them back in Magnimar. Is our friend Issachar back on his feet? Good. We'll head back slowly so as to not jostle him too much."

He regards Verezza's rather harsh behavior, "Well, seeing as they are your kills, would you mind tying it to the mounts. Even if you deny me food, it would not do to have it spoil and I think it best we get Issachar to a warm, soft bed. Now, if there are not anymore arguments, I suggest we head back."

Aldern heads to the horses and offers to assist Madison onto her mount, hoping to move along before it gets too late.

richmond
2019-04-14, 03:06 AM
Verezza thinks she understands Zadavyr's situation, but she doesn't say anything because it was still a little unbelievable. A real dragon? He didn't look like a dragon from the myths, but what did she know? Instead, she focus on Aldern's answer to her demand. Breaking the tusk from the second boar, she grabs her weapons and approach the noble.

"Deny you food? Why would I do that? You were one of the hunters, you deserve to eat," she says begrudgingly, patting his back with a little more force than necessary this time. "But no other nobles did anything. That's what I meant. I think we should instead serve Aimeko and thank her for her hospitality. I think it would make her happy." With those words, she grabs the largest of the two boars and throws it over her shoulder, starting to make way towards the horses. She doesn't struggle much with the weight, but it was clear it was not as easy as she would like the others to think.

Bansheexero
2019-04-15, 11:30 AM
Aldern takes Verezza's words in stride, as he had no ties to any other nobles and had no reason to share the bounty with them. They all head back, and that night they feast upon the boars that they slew. Issachar is tended to by Father Zantus and fully recovers.

The next morning, as the group is walking around town, they notice an elven woman speaking with the Sheriff. She has not been in town since the Festival, but the other townsfolk seem to recognize her as Shalelu Andosana, a mix between a bounty hunter, survivalist, and mercenary. She works to deal with threats on the outskirts of the region and gives reports to both Sheriff Hemlock and Mayor Deverin about what is going on. The sheriff's expression seems grim as he listens to what she has to say.

Kvard51
2019-04-16, 07:52 PM
Issachar points to the elf woman, elbowing Verezza in the ribs.

"I wager that one could give you a run for your money in a pig-sticking contest. Want me to arrange a hunt?"

richmond
2019-04-17, 11:23 AM
Verezza had a good night. The feast was fun, as Aimeko allowed the group to serve the boars to all guests of her inn. Aldern was true to his word and didn't invite anyone else, and besides the usual fascination with Madison, he behaved well. She went to bed full of meat and mead, and slept like a baby.

So when Issachar prods her about the mysterious elf, she doesn't try to hide her confusion. "Why would I run for my money? Will she steal it?" she says, grasping her spear, once again taking Issachar's expressions literally, before she registers his face and tone of voice. She squints her eyes at him. "Is this another moment where you say something that means some other thing?" she asks, pretty much sure by now he does that just to screw with her and have a laugh.

Just to reinforce the fact Common is not her first language and, while she can speak it (with a heavy accent), she doesn't understand all subtleties like idioms.

Illogictree
2019-04-17, 06:57 PM
Halcyon has a good time at the feast and is sure to perform some dances to entertain the guests. There seems to be only two little lights following her around as she performs this time, though.

As the sun nears the horizon, she slips away from the party.

In the fading light of day, she goes to the graveyard. She spends 1 spell point to summon Tempest so she has someone watching her back, and she begins a ritual dance to summon more souls to join her nexus. It takes 1 minute to call each soul, and if she's not interrupted she will call up the full 5 souls.

The next morning, she begins asking around town to find out where Weyland Var lived.

...At least his name's not Weyland Yutani. :P

Diplomacy to gather information: [roll0]

Bansheexero
2019-04-18, 07:22 PM
You uncover very little information regarding Weyland other than he was somewhat reclusive and lives in a house near the outskirts of town. However, nobody has seen or heard from him in quite some time.

Noticing the party, Sheriff Hemlock approaches you. "And there they are now. These are Sandpoint's latest batch of goblin slayers." Motioning to Shalelu, he says, "And this is an unofficial member of our town guard. She has been a thorn in the side of the local goblins for years. Her name is Shalelu Andosana. She has mentioned some troubling events and I have been telling her how you lot might be able to help her, if you are up for it. Anyway, I'll cede the floor to her."

The elven woman steps forward, "Belor's told me of your work against the goblins - well done. I've dedicated the last several years of my life to keeping them from causing too much trouble around these parts, but they're tenacious and fecund little runts. Like weeds that bite.

"There are five major goblin tribes in the region, and, traditionally, they're pretty good at keeping each other in line with intertribal squabbles and the like. Yet from what I've been able to piece together, members of all five tribes were involved in the raid on Sandpoint. A fair number of the Mosswood goblins I dealt with yesterday were already pretty beat up, and there was a lot of chatter about the 'longshanks' who killed so many of them. Now that I've met you, it seems obvious from their descriptions who they were talking about. Seems like you've made an impression.

"In any event, the fact that the five tribes are working together disturbs me. Goblin tribes don't get along unless they've got something big planned, and big plans require big bosses. I'm afraid that someone's moved in on the goblins and organized them. And judging by these recent raids, what they're organizing seems like bad news for all of us."

After her speech, Shalelu steps back and Sheriff Hemlock talks about their plans. He says he's taking a few guards South to Magnimar to see about getting additional soldiers to station in town for a few weeks. He asks Shalelu to sniff around Shank's Wood, Brinestump, Mosswood, Devil's Platter, and other places while he's gone to see if she can learn anything else about what is going on. He also asks the group to maintain a public presence over the next few days, if you don't mind.

Now with the meeting over, Shalelu asks if she might join you for dinner at the Rusty Dragon, as she'd like to hear more about the Sandpoint raid, and in return she has a fair amount of goblin lore she can share.

Illogictree
2019-04-20, 09:13 PM
"Thank you, Shalelu," says Halcyon, "I'm sure we'd all be glad to join you for dinner. If there's more trouble brewing, it would be good to know more about it. And, Sheriff, if you think our presence will reassure the townsfolk, we will be glad to remain here."

Once they're done speaking with Shalelu and the Sheriff, Halcyon turns to the rest of the group. "I think there's something we should look into here in town. I don't know if you've heard what happened to Madison and I the other day at the graveyard. Someone broke into the tomb of one of the previous priests during the goblin raid and stole his body. They left behind a pair of animated skeletons, which we managed to deal with. As well as... this." She brings out the key with the impossible geometry and shows it to the rest of the group.

"Nobody we've spoken with has known anything about this key, but there's a scholar who lives in town by the name of Weyland Var who might be able to figure out something. However, he's been missing since the goblin raid." She puts the key back into her inventory. "I'm going to go check out his house to see if I can find anything, but I'd appreciate someone coming with me to help, in case there are more unpleasant surprises there."

richmond
2019-04-23, 03:02 AM
Verezza stays quiet as Sheriff Hemlock and Shalelu speak. She thinks on how comforting it is that goblins are such a nuisance here as they were back home. Rarely a threat, just everywhere and chaotic as hell. She nods as the elven woman speaks, agreeing on the behavior she describes as the same the creatures used to display on the mountains. Once they both finish discussing plans, Verezza agrees with Halcyon. "I already planned on staying a bit longer," she says, putting her hand on Issachar's shoulder. "Keeping an eye on this one. And dinner sounds good."

As Halcyon turns and explains the situation, Verezza looks interested. Not much about the skeletons, as undead were something she didn't really have much experience with, and while the key was mesmerizing, it was way beyond her knowledge. But a scholar who could explain both? He might be capable of helping her with the book. If she could just understand a few parts confusing her, maybe, just maybe she would be able to actually cast some magic herself! "I'll go!" she says, a little bit too fast. "I mean, if you need the help, I don't mind..." she corrects herself, trying to look cooler. She didn't want the others to know about her side project yet, especially Iss. He would be so shocked!

kjelfalconer
2019-04-23, 03:28 AM
"I'm not going anywhere. I mean, I do live here." He eyed the key, trying to remember if he'd ever seen something like it in the hoard back home. Eh, mom never let him near the good stuff anyway.

"You need in his house though I can ask my niece. If he's missing it shouldn't be hard getting her to give permission to do it legally. No point breaking in, right, and she probably can scrounge up a key or something."

He'd barely mentioned the whole dragon thing since they got back. He hadn't shown any indication he found it noteworthy.

Kvard51
2019-04-24, 12:00 PM
Issachar nods as Shalelu speaks. For all his desire to get out of the hinterlands and find some fun, he doesn't like the idea of his Da and Ma being left to fend for themselves if the goblin tribes are organizing.

He smiles when he feels Verezza's calloused hand on his shoulder. Maybe I should convince her to take on a caravan guard job with me after we clear this up...

"Might be that I could meet for dinner and discuss the goblin problem. My Large and Lovely friend will probably need me to take care of the heap big chief while she fights off the ravening horde, anyway...

Bansheexero
2019-04-27, 10:32 PM
As Halcyon and the others arrive at Weyland Var's house, it is surrounded by an eerie silence. Looking inside the windows, it is dark and no sign of movement. The door is locked, so apparently Weyland's departure was planned. The building itself is a small wooden single-story house with a small porch that has a wooden rocking chair on it. It smells of dust and mold, however. In fact, mold seems to be creeping along the lower part of the walls.

Fortunately, Zadavyr was able to convince the mayor, his niece, to provide a key to the house and permission to enter the residence as thanks for his helping promote her re-election campaign.

BtanH
2019-04-29, 02:00 AM
Madison speaks up after her long silence, "It looks like it's been abandoned for at least a few days... Do you think we should look around first? Or maybe just enter?" She walks around the house, examining it, preferably with at least a few of the others. If anyone is going to examining something in depth, Madison will touch them with Joy (roll d20s twice and take the better result for 1 round) and roll to aid another if possible.

Knowledge Local
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]

Illogictree
2019-05-01, 07:16 PM
"Father Zantus DID say Var hadn't been seen since the goblin attack. But it doesn't really look like he left in a hurry, like if the goblins had chased him out." She stands before the house, feeling a bit awkward. "...Um... I... suppose we should go up and knock?"

If nobody objects, Halcyon will go up to the door and knock on it. She's keeping her eyes open for anything odd though.

Perception: [roll0]

Bansheexero
2019-05-02, 03:48 PM
As Halcyon raps her fist against the door, a strong, pungent smell of something odd comes through the door's seams. It almost had the scent of carrion, but different and she can't quite place it, more sour and musty than it has any right to be. There is silence and no response from the knocking, so it seems nobody is home.

Kvard51
2019-05-03, 01:46 AM
When it appears no one is going to answer the door, Issachar slips a set of lock picks from his boot and begins working on the lock.

Disable Device [roll]1d20+8[roll/]

Bansheexero
2019-05-04, 02:28 PM
Too impatient to wait for the others to fish out the keys, Issachar makes quick work of the lock. As the door creeps open, the wretched smell becomes overwhelming.

DC 14 Fort save to resist becoming sickened.
Issachar [roll0]
Madison [roll1]
Halcyon [roll2]
Verezza [roll3]

The house appears empty and dark, though the difference in lighting makes it hard to see much without further examination.

Illogictree
2019-05-04, 09:42 PM
As Issachar begins working, Halcyon wrinkles her nose at the scent. "Whew, what is that smell?" she starts to ask, but when the door is opened and the overwhelming wave of stench rolls over them she gags and almost throws up. She stumbles clear of the door, trying to pull Issachar along with her, coughing and retching all the way.

Once clear she invokes her magical power to try and cure herself of her sickness, and if Issachar comes with her she tries to do the same for him.

Spend 1 spell point to Restore Halcyon
Perform check (-2 for Sickened): [roll0] vs DC 15

If he comes with her, spend 1 spell point to Restore Issachar
Perform check (-2 for Sickened): [roll1] vs DC 15 (Add +2 to result if prior roll was successful)

"Ugh... if that's what his housekeeping is like, I can see why he left...!"

Kvard51
2019-05-05, 12:37 AM
Iss hears the tumblers give way and pushes open the door. That's when the stench hit him. It was like being sucker-punched with a midden heap. He retches as Halcyon stumbles past, following as she clutches at him.

"Holy smokes, did he butcher a family of skunks in there?"

richmond
2019-05-06, 04:08 AM
Verezza smiles to herself when Issachar starts immediately messing with the door, his skills showing as the lock swiftly clicks open. Her smile then quickly fades as the stench hits her nose. Not because of its strength, she had smelled worse. But she recognized it, the smell of decay and rotting. "Behind me, Madison," she says, gently pushing the singer back to be the first on the door. "This is the scent of death. There can only be unpleasant things ahead."

Raising her shield to form a wall she walks inside, scanning the place for any nasty surprise, her spear ready for anything.

Verezza is actively trying to see what's the source of the smell, if there's any visible in this first room.
Verezza's Perception = [roll0]

Bansheexero
2019-05-06, 10:02 AM
As Verezza steps into the room, the most immediately noticeable thing is all of the mold covering the floor, creeping up the walls, and spreading across tables and other surfaces. It is an alarming amount. As for the source of the smell, there sits a strange looking potted plant on the table near the back corner, away from the windows. It possesses a single large flower bud, not in bloom, roughly the size of a child's head. It's exterior seems to almost be a flesh-like material, even seeming to possess veins of some sort. The plant appears to be wilted and dead, brownish in color. The mold seems to be spreading from it as its source. Nearby tables are littered with papers and books, possibly notes. The house seems abandoned.

BtanH
2019-05-08, 04:13 AM
While the scent doesn't seem to bother Madison nearly as much as it does the others, she does pay close attention to Verezza's words. She waits outside as the larger woman steps into the house, heart beating in her chest as she takes glances into the house. "Is...there anything there?" She asks, hoping that the number of dead bodies in her life has stopped increasing.

richmond
2019-05-08, 01:04 PM
Verezza lowers her shield as she looks around, setting it on the floor with a thud. Although she was relieved to find neither a corpse nor more undead, part of her was disapointed with the lack of... something. Something she could understand, at least. "A dead plant," she says, answering Madison's question. "Strange one, spreading around. Some papers, too. Lots of it, might have information. But be careful as you enter."

She walks ahead, paying attention to the mold on the ceiling. She decides to leave the papers to the more intelligent of the group, instead walking the perimeter and checking other rooms for anything else that could be important.

Kvard51
2019-05-08, 04:56 PM
Issachar coughs again, trying to clear the sickening stench from his nostrils. He pulls his cloak around to cover his face, tucking the end into itself hanging down his back. With a tight look around his eyes, he returns to the door and forces himself to go in.

As he takes a quick glance around the room, he hears Verezza talking about papers. He slips his gloves on and follows the sound of her voice. He quickly begins shuffling through the papers, looking for anything of interest.

Perception [roll0]
Linguistics [roll1]

Bansheexero
2019-05-09, 10:12 AM
Issachar searches through the notes as his stomach churns from the smell. He powers through it and finds a journel with an image of the mysterious key sketched in it as well as an image of the strange flower along with other odd plants. Several notes are etched in the journal, seemingly discussing the use of the key and where it leads. However, the smell is overwhelming and Issachar has difficulty concentrating on it. Fortunately, the mold has yet to touch the book.

Fort save [roll0]
I suggest taking the journal out of the house if you want to examine it in detail.

Kvard51
2019-05-10, 03:57 PM
As Issachar begins to gag and retch again, he clutches the book to his chest and staggers back out of the house. He holds the book up to Halcyon, after catching his breath.

"Here. This seemed important."

BtanH
2019-05-11, 04:36 AM
Madison remains outside, and takes a look at the journal after it's brought outside, assuming it doesn't smell too bad.

Bansheexero
2019-05-12, 08:57 PM
As Madison leafs through the journal, several images seem to call her attention. The first is obviously the key, but next is a symbol. Strange in its design, Weyland identifies it as a lock, but he does not state where he found it. The notes discuss him having difficulty remembering it, and he also mentions seeing it move around, following him.

The notes then discuss where it leads to, a strange world with various strange plants and animals. He found the flower there and brought it back. He cannot explain why he brought it back, as if there are holes in his memory. As the notes continue, he seems to become increasingly disturbed and his words begin to look like gibberish, nonsensical and strange, yet still seeming to be language of some sort. The last entry in the journal reads, "Dra juelac, drao fuh'd cdub. E ys paehk lymmat. So pnyeh edlrac, dra funtc clnays du pa mad uid. E sicd nadinh du dra kydafyo, pid dra gao, E mucd ed. E sicd ryja tnubbat ed cusafrana eh dra lnobd. Cdemm, E haat du veht dra tuunfyo, dra juelac damm sa E tuh'd haat ed, banrybc drao yna nekrd. E haat du kad pylg du dryd bmyla, du syga dra juelac cemahd. E sicd ku huf, hu desa du vadlr dra gao. Drao'mm ryja du mad sa eh."

Sadly, he did not roll high enough to be able to translate it, but it seems oddly familiar, though he does not know why.

Illogictree
2019-05-14, 06:10 PM
Halcyon is looking over Madison's shoulder as she examines the journal, reading along.

"A lock that follows you around, that leads to a strange land? That seems difficult to believe," she says, as a few unbodied souls drift lazily about her. "Maybe he was just hallucinating it, and the plant isn't anything alien. I wonder if anyone else in town would recognize the plant? Someone knowledgeable about strange herbs. Perhaps our ranger friend Shalelu?"

She thinks for a few minutes. "I wonder what any of this has to do with the old priest and someone who likes raising skeletons? Maybe if we find whoever left the key behind, we can start getting some answers."

Bansheexero
2019-05-16, 08:21 PM
As the group finishes with Weyland's house, it is later than they thought, so they head back to the Rusty Dragon for dinner with Shalelu, as she had offered. Once there, she inquires more about the goblin raid, and offers her own knowledge of the five goblin tribes and the six goblin heroes. She is trying to determine their plans and figure out why they have decided to work together.

You are free to ask questions about the goblins to see if it might help anticipate them in some way.

Kvard51
2019-05-18, 01:16 AM
Iss walks into the Rusty Dragon. He's a bit surprised he arrived before everyone else. Being on time isn't really his strong suit. He smiles and waves at Ameko as he passes the bar. Nodding to Shalelu, Issachar melts into one of the chairs. His slouching posture and sardonic grin give him the appearance of pure indolence. But anyone who knows him well would see that his back is to the wall, and one hand is hanging right next to his boot knife...

"So, what are the gobboes doing that's got you all in a tizzy?"

Bansheexero
2019-05-18, 10:04 PM
Shalelu responds to Issachar, "As I mentioned earlier, there are 5 major goblin tribes. Usually there is a lot of infighting, making them far less dangerous. However, it seems someone or something is uniting them. It is highly unusual. However, I feel like we should wait until the rest of your compatriots so I don't have to repeat myself. However, in the interim, did anything seem to stand out about the attacks during the festival?"

Illogictree
2019-05-20, 04:49 PM
There's a bit of activity at the door. Halcyon enters, leading the long-absent sixth member of the Sandpoint Heroes inside the inn. Tempest gazes about the room with a look of badly-masked uncertainty on her face. The two polearms strapped to her back scrape against the doorframe as she enters, and she gives a bit of a cringe and a muttered apology to any staff nearby. Her sister gives her a reassuring pat on the upper arm and guides her to the table with Issachar and Shalelu.

Halcyon greets the two of them. "This is my sister Tempest. She helped out in the battle with the goblins and I thought she should be here. Tempest, I know you didn't stick around to be formally introduced, so this is Issachar, who fought alongside us. And this is Shalelu, a local forest warden."

Tempest awkwardly sticks out a hand to shake, mumbling something like "pleased t'meetcha".

richmond
2019-05-21, 01:53 PM
Verezza gets inside the inn with sure steps. The visit to the sage's house hadn't bear the fruits she expected so her mood isn't the greatest, but she grins as she see Issachar. Approaching the table, she salutes those already sitting with a wave to Halcyon, a more serious nod to the warrior women Tempest and Shalelu and a clap to Issachar's back, sitting right next to him.

"So, what do we need to know about those goblins?" she asks, unaware the others were doing introductions a few moments before.

kjelfalconer
2019-05-21, 03:52 PM
He'd actually gotten there a while ago. But no one else had been, he'd started talking to people, and before he knew it time and alcohol had happened. He'd only been half sure what he'd been meeting them about to begin with, so forgetting about it hadn't bothered him much.

"Heeeeey. Yo Shal, you wanted something right? Something... goblins?" He shrugged. Either it was a big deal or he could go back to drinking.

Bansheexero
2019-05-22, 11:24 AM
Shalelu realizes there is one missing from the group, but figures enough have assembled for her to get started. She regards Tempest somewhat curiously, questioning why she lugs around those spears and how she gets around from place to place without getting caught on door jams and the like.

She shrugs and begins to speak about what she knows, "Alright, first thing to note, as I mentioned before, is that there are 5 major goblin tribes in the area. The closest to Sandpoint are the Birdcruncher goblins, who live in caves along the western edge of the Devil's Platter, though of the five, these are least aggressive. To the south are the Licktoad goblins of Brinestump Marsh. Those pests are excellent swimmers. East are the Seven Tooth goblins of Shank's Wood, who tend to raid Sandpoint's junkyard to convert the junk into armor and weapons. Farther East are the Mosswood goblins, likely the largest tribe and they are traditionally have been held back by fueding with their own ranks. Finally, there are the Thistletop goblins, who live on the Nettlewood coast atop a small island whom some say bears resemblance to a severed head.

"Goblins tend to live short brutal lives, and very few achieve any notoriety, but when they do, it is well earned. Currently, there are six goblins in the region enjoy the status of 'hero.' Big Gugmut is an unusually muscular and tall goblin from Mosswood who, according to goblin legend, had a Hobgoblin for a mother and a wild boar for a father.

"Koruvus is the champion of the Seven Tooth tribe, well known for his short temper and his prized possession - a magic longsword, sized for a human, though he stubbornly keeps it as his own. Koruvus vanished several months ago after supposedly finding a "secret hideout" in a cave along the cliffs. The Seven Tooth still believe he is out there, as a ghost or worse, waiting to murder any goblin who tries to find his hideout.

"Vorka is a notorious goblin cannibal who lives in the Brinestump Marsh, a 'hero' mostly to other goblins outside the Licktoad tribe.

"Rendwattle Gutwad is the leader of the Brinestump tribe, an extremely obese, corpulent monster who is said to never leave his throne.

"Ripnugget is the leader of the Thistletop tribe and controls what the five tribes agree is the best lair.

"And finally, there is Bruthazmus, an infamous bugbear ranger who lives in northern Nettlewood and often visits the five tribes to trade things he's stolen from caravans for alcohol, news, or magic arrows. He has a particular hatred of elves, and we've clashed on several occasions. Neither of us have been able to get the upper hand on the other. I vow I will not be the first one of us to fall, however."

BtanH
2019-05-24, 12:11 AM
Madison stumbles in a few minutes late, blushing as she realizes she's interrupting Shalelu's explanation. She looks to Tempest, hoping she'll fill her in on what she missed after the conversation ends. She mumbles an apology, and anyone listening can hear something about it taking a long time to get the smell out of her hair.
"If you and Bruthazmus have been having close confrontations, maybe our group can help you turn the tide."

Rolling diplomacy to not make a terrible impression.
[roll0]
Will edit and add more tomorrow/weekend.

Bansheexero
2019-05-25, 07:20 PM
Shalelu regards what Madison has to say and then proceeds to fill her in on what she had discussed with the others. Seeing I is getting late, she asks if they have any other questions or information they feel needs to be shared. If not, then she turns in for the night, the group still has rooms that have been paid for already, courtesy of the town guard for services rendered.

Kvard51
2019-05-25, 07:42 PM
Issachar waits until Shalelu starts to rise, then speaks once more.

"If these goblins working together is really a big issue, what should we be doing about it?"

Illogictree
2019-05-25, 09:42 PM
Tempest has sat quietly during the discussion, trying to keep up.

"So then... which of these goblin heroes is the one calling the shots?" she asks.

Halcyon for her part describes to Shalelu the peculiar invasion of the old priest's tomb and the strange scene at Weyland's house. "Have you ever seen a plant like this?" she asks, borrowing Weyland's bizarre journal and pointing to the illustration of the plant. "Also, have you seen this keyhole anywhere? Moreover, have you ever heard of anyone in the area practicing necromancy?"

Bansheexero
2019-05-27, 08:42 PM
Issachar waits until Shalelu starts to rise, then speaks once more.

"If these goblins working together is really a big issue, what should we be doing about it?"

Shalelu considers this for a moment and replies, "I would not make the assumption that any of the goblins we're calling the shots, somebody had to let them in. It may be someone else who we do not know of yet that set it in motion."

Tempest has sat quietly during the discussion, trying to keep up.

"So then... which of these goblin heroes is the one calling the shots?" she asks.

Halcyon for her part describes to Shalelu the peculiar invasion of the old priest's tomb and the strange scene at Weyland's house. "Have you ever seen a plant like this?" she asks, borrowing Weyland's bizarre journal and pointing to the illustration of the plant. "Also, have you seen this keyhole anywhere? Moreover, have you ever heard of anyone in the area practicing necromancy?"

Shalelu states that she has never encountered a flower like that, but she tends to stay in wooded areas on the surface. The flower looks more like something that thrives in dark, cold areas. She mentions similar ignorance regarding the keyhole. As for necromancers, over the years there have been a few, but none recently that spring to mind (keep in mind, as an elf, her frame of reference is decades rather than years).

Bansheexero
2019-05-30, 09:21 PM
The group wakes up the next morning and as they exit their room, they are approached by a timid elderly halfling. Her name is Bethana Corwin and she works as a maid for the inn. She seems highly upset, explaining that against her better judgment, she went into Ameiko's room, and found it empty with the bed unkempt. She discovered a crumpled up letter, which she shows the party. It reads as follows:

Hello Sis!

I hope this letter finds you well, and with some free time on your hands, because we've got something of a problem. It's to do with Father. Seems that he might have had something to do with Sandpoint's recent troubles with the goblin, and I don't want to bring the matter to the authorities because we both know he'd weasel his way out of it. You've got some pull here in town, though. If you can meet me at the Glassworks at midnight tonight, maybe we can figure out how to make sure he faces the punishment he deserves. knock twice and then, three times more and then once more at the delivery entrance and I'll let you in.

In any case, I don't have to impress upon you the delicate nature of this request. If news got out, you know the local rubes would assume that you and I were in on the whole thing two, don't you? They've got no honor at all around these parts. I still don't understand how you can stand to stay here.

Anyway, don't tell anyone about this. There are other complications as well, ones I'd rather talk to you in person about tonight. Don't be late.

-Tsuto

Bethana explains that she fears Tsuto is up to no good. He was quite a scandal, as he is half-elf and both of Ameiko's parents are human. Lonjiku's wife Atsuii never revealed who the father was. It was the talk of the town for months, though as testament to Lonjiku's stubbornness, he remains married to Atsuii.

Tsuto was sent to the Turandarok Academy, ignored by his father and forbidden to receive visits from his mother. Ameiko started visiting him in secret when he learned of his existence when she turned 10. She went every few months to keep him company, bringing him some food, and promise him that some day all of these issues would be sorted out.

However, there was an incident when Tsuto had a terrible argument with Ameiko and he struck her. Bethana does not know what the argument was about, but it cause Ameiko to disappear for about a year and become an adventurer. She returned to attend her mother's funeral. Tsuto was quite public in his opinions that his father pushed Atsuii off of a cliff, and during the funeral there was a confrontation. Lonjiku near broke Tsuto's jaw with his cane, after which Tsuto cursed him and left Sandpoint. Ameiko has been trying to establish contact with him ever since.

Bethana is worried about Ameiko as Tsuto has shown instability in the past. Unfortunately, Sheriff Hemlock left town earlier that morning to go request more troops. She pleads with the group to head to the Glassworks and make sure things haven't gone south for Ameiko.

Kvard51
2019-05-30, 09:33 PM
Never one to turn down a damsel in distress, Iss nods. "Of course miss. Consider your Mistress saved."

He turns to the others, asking, "Who's with me?"

BtanH
2019-05-30, 10:57 PM
"Oh dear, that's no good at all. We've definitely got to at least check it out."

richmond
2019-06-01, 02:01 PM
Verezza had been quiet during most of Shalelu's talk. She didn't see much point in asking about the goblins, to be honest, since they seemed to be quite easy to handle. It was curious that there were some considered heroes while their description sounded more like they were even more beastly than regular ones, but each race had different standards, she guessed. The only important part about the conversation was the conclusion that somebody must be calling the shots, but since the elven warrior had no clues regarding who that might be, the group had no clear paths to take.

The following morning, though, something much more pressing comes to pass. When the halfling woman talks about Ameiko's unsual absence and the relation with her half-brother, the goliath takes a stand. "Miss Ameiko has been nothing but kind to us. We'll depart immediately to these Glassworks," she says, putting her hand on Issachar's shoulder in agreement. She then returns to her room only to come out again with her towering shield and spear already in hand. She looks at the others, almost urging them to get ready.

Bansheexero
2019-06-01, 10:49 PM
As the group approaches the Glassworks, it is curiously silent. The townsfolk don't recall anybody entering or leaving the facility, but they assume it has simply been closed to allow Longiku and his workers time to work on some large project, as the chimney still plumes with smoke. Curtains have been drawn around the windows and the doors are locked.

Kvard51
2019-06-01, 11:19 PM
Issachar raises a finger to his lips, points to himself, and mimes walking around the building on his hand. He slips into the shadows and slinks toward the Glassworks, easing along the perimeter trying to look in windows and very quietly trying doors.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]

BtanH
2019-06-03, 12:25 AM
"Did you find anything of note Issichar?" Madison asks hopefully. "Any sign of Ameiko?" She keeps away from the building, with the group, but cranes her neck to try and see anything she can.

Might be worth using Touch of Joy and have Issichar or someone else try. Probably get a better roll :p

Perception of my own
[roll0]

Kvard51
2019-06-04, 09:50 AM
Issachar waves the others forward. Answering Madison with a shake of his head, he pulls his lock picks from his cloak and studies the lock closely. Once he feels certain of the right tools, he inserts them and wiggles them, listening for a very distinct “click”.

Disable Device: [roll0]

Bansheexero
2019-06-04, 06:19 PM
As the door swings open, light spills in to a circular room, containing a shop where customers can browse various glassware produced at the facility. Bottles, windowpanes, and glassworks art are all on display. Two doors, one at the Southeast part of the room, the other East are the only doors other than the one you entered the room.

Sorry guys, not sure I can do a full layout, but I can map a few rooms when combat or other circumstances require it.

Kvard51
2019-06-05, 12:39 AM
With the door open, Iss turns to the group with a huge smile on is face and waves them over.

stack
2019-06-05, 09:34 AM
Magnus approaches the glassworks. Sheriff Hemlock pointed him in the right direction and Magnus has double-timed it to catch up to the group that was supposed to be going that way. He didn't much care for jumping in with a group of unknowns, but time was, apparently, of the essence. He thinks he sees people matching the given descriptions about to enter; he tries to flag them down, not wanting to make unnecessary noise, in case there are any inside that maybe should not be warned.

Anyone who looks back will see a large, bearded man waving a shield, axe on his shoulder.

richmond
2019-06-05, 10:16 AM
Verezza sees Issachar smiling and puts her hand on his head, messing his hair a little. He was a good kid and spending time with the farm boy had been fun, but sometimes she forgot he actually had useful skills. Unclasping the shield from her back, she readies both it and her spear as she prepares to advance and be the party's frontline, but then something else catches her attention.

The man was tall for human standards, and the way he held his axe, despite casual, indicated ability with it. Verezza first points at the man for her companions, before calmly walking towards him, her spear also casually resting on her shoulder as she approaches. "Can we help you?" she asks abruptly, her voice deep yet non-treathening.

stack
2019-06-05, 11:10 AM
Magnus's deep voice rumbles back, "The other way around, I think. Ran into the sheriff, he was looking for a bit of help with local trouble. Being in need of work, he sent me your way. I know my way around a fight. I am at your service, if you want me." He sketches a bow.

richmond
2019-06-05, 11:56 AM
Verezza considers the man carefully. They had no way of knowing if the man was really who he said. For all they know, they could even be Aimeko's brother setting up a trap. Her instinct wasn't picking anything wrong, though, so she decides to let the man's actions speak for themselves.

"We're short on time so we'll have to check it later. Our friend might be in trouble in this place," she says, pointing to the Glassworks, "So help is appreciated. Do not try anything funny, though, or I'll personally see how much you know about fighting when compared to me."

With her warning given, she turns around and starts walking back towards the circular room, but not without making a gesture to Issachar to keep an eye on the newcomer.

BtanH
2019-06-05, 10:40 PM
Madison smiles awkwardly as Verezza stalks off. "I'm Madison," she says, curtsying slightly and pointing out the others. "This is Halcyon, Tempest, Issichar and of course you've met Verezza. Don't worry about her, she's not a huge fan of strangers but I'm sure she'll warm up to you quickly. Especially if you happen to be any good with magic, she's fascinated by it."

Illogictree
2019-06-05, 11:54 PM
The slender dancer and her warrior sister acknowledge the arrival of Magnus in their own ways - Halcyon smiles and gives a friendly wave, and Tempest eyes him warily while holding her halberd. When he seems to not be immediately threatening, she turns her mismatched gaze back to the interior of the glassworks.

"Are we going in? I'm not good with the not-breaking-things bit," she says dubiously.

"Don't worry, Tempest, it'll be all right," says Halcyon reassuringly.

"Look, if a fight breaks out, I don't want us to have to foot the bill, OK? Or get that Lonjiku guy more reasons to dislike us."

stack
2019-06-06, 06:32 AM
"Cautious is good. Keep me in front and you won't have to worry about me attacking your back."

He nods to the others, "Pleased to meet you. Shall we?" He gestures toward the door.

Kvard51
2019-06-06, 07:49 AM
Issachar gives the newcomer the once over. He sighs, ”I think I should take the front. There is no way you stay quiet. Stay back. No closer than fifteen feet. Stop when I stop. If you hear me scream, come run I g with that axe...”

stack
2019-06-06, 12:41 PM
Magnus shrugs, "Fair enough."

richmond
2019-06-06, 02:24 PM
While the group seems to be arguing about position and strategy, Verezza is already inside the building. She ignores the glassworks in display for now, going straight to the doors that lead further into the place. She calmly put her ears against the wood, using the fact the others were still outside to try and hear anything from the other side.

Verezza will try ot hear through both doors for any sounds indicating life.

Eastern door Perception: [roll0]
Southeastern door Perception: [roll1]

Bansheexero
2019-06-06, 03:12 PM
As Verezza attempts to listen, she finds it eerily quiet from her vantage point, if there are people here, then they are further inside the building.

Illogictree
2019-06-07, 12:02 AM
Tempest grins at Verezza's forthrightness. "I like her," she says to Halcyon. "No wasting time, that one." She walks up to Verezza, ready to back her up. "Which do we pick?" She's trying to be reasonably quiet so as not to interrupt the goliath's concentration.

richmond
2019-06-07, 03:12 AM
Verezza shakes her head at Tempest's question. "Both doors are quiet. Too quiet," she says, looking at the other warrior. "Weird to be this silent if the furnaces are working. I guess it makes no difference then."

Placing her shield ahead of the southeastern door, she opens it wide in a sudden push, her shield forming a wall to stop anything that might come unexpectedly.

Verezza places her tower shield to provide total cover against any attacks that come her way through the door.

Bansheexero
2019-06-07, 06:38 PM
The door leads to a hallway with a single door on the right and then it bends around a corner, which you cannot see around without advancing further.

BtanH
2019-06-08, 05:32 AM
Madison keeps to the back, and takes a few looks behind herself as they move through the glassworks.

Knowledge Local
[roll0] - do I know anything about the glassworks? Should it be busy? Where should people be? Etc

Bansheexero
2019-06-08, 02:53 PM
You know that there should be some activity going on around you. The lack of activity is highly unusual

BtanH
2019-06-08, 04:54 PM
"It's so quiet... there should definitely be something going on here. Where do you think everybody is?" Madison whispers, a note of nervousness creeping into her voice.

richmond
2019-06-08, 05:07 PM
"I agree, it's too quiet" Verezza answers Madison, lowering her shield once again as no attacks come. The small hallway ahead of them could present a difficulty for the large party. Perhaps two small teams would work better if there were many doors to check.

"I think we should move in with two groups. First check the doors, second checks the hallway," she says, pointing to the corresponding areas. "I'll stay in the back and open the doors with Halcyon and Madison. My shield works as cover before opening it so the girls are safe," she explains her thoughts, more to put Tempest at ease from being 'separated'. "Iss, you go ahead and check on the hallway turns. Tempest and new guy will be on your back, ready to provide support. Both groups stay close and we won't be caught by surprise. Does that sound good?"

Kvard51
2019-06-10, 04:49 AM
Issachar nods and takes off down the hall, his senses tuned to seek anything out of the ordinary that might pose a danger to his companions.

Trapfinding Perception: [roll0]

stack
2019-06-10, 07:17 AM
Magnus frowns, but does as instructed, axe ready and eyes open.

Bansheexero
2019-06-10, 03:04 PM
Issachar does not detect any traps, so as the group opens the first room on the right, they find it filled with finished glassware, ready for sale or shipment. Rounding the bend in the hallway, there are two more doors on the left as well as a door straight at the end of said hallway.

Bansheexero
2019-06-12, 06:01 PM
As the group searches the southern half of the building, they see things like store rooms, rooms with various files, an office, glass preparation rooms, and a loading room. Oddly, the dining room and pantry are torn up, and a dogslicer (goblin weapon) is found near a broken barrel.

Other than that, most of the southern half seems rather standard, until they reach the Servant's Quarters. There are various bloodstains on the beds and the room is in disarray. You know in the northern half awaits the Glassworking Room with the furnace, most likely there will be trouble awaiting you there.

Kvard51
2019-06-12, 09:11 PM
Issachar grimaces upon seeing the goblin weapon. He remembered all too well what that had done to the poor dog at the festival during the goblin attacks. "We need to be careful from here. Something very bad has happened here. Shalelu is right about the threat the goblins present, unified. I only hope we are in time to save Ameiko. And maybe even her stupid brother..."

He draws a second dagger and moves forward, a grim look on his face.

stack
2019-06-13, 06:48 AM
"Lots of small rooms back here. If they were smarter, they could have ambushed us every step." Magnus observes as they ready to enter the glassworking room.

Bansheexero
2019-06-14, 07:01 PM
As the group starts towards the northern half of the building, they hear the sound of breaking glass along with several voices and maniacal laughter. As you approach the Glassworking room, you notice trails of blood leading there.

Bansheexero
2019-06-15, 10:44 PM
Upon entering the Glassworking room, a furnace burns along the southern wall of the room. A palpable heat permeates the air as it makes a loud rumbling. Marble tables sir in the chamber, used to work raw glass into workable shapes, with nearby wooden tables cluttered with tools of the trade.

This is quickly overshadowed by the gruesome scene on display as you enter. You see firsthand what goblins tend to do when bored. The bodies of 8 murdered staff members lie in various stages of dismemberment. The goblins have been burning arms and legs with glee and pouring molten glass on the other remains, in an attempt to mimic the "masterpiece" in the middle alcove. Encased in thick, runny sheets of hardened glass, Lonjiku Kaijitsu lies, propped up on a chair. Tsuto stands amidst the chaos, trying to reign the goblins in from their antics, but to no avail. He notices when the PC's enter, however, unlike the goblins.

Against the Goblins, you get a surprise round, though Tsuto is alert to your presence.

Initiative Rolls
Issachar [roll0]
Verezza [roll1]
Madison [roll2]
Halcyon/Tempest [roll3]
Magnus [roll4]

Tsuto [roll5]
Goblins[roll6]

BtanH
2019-06-16, 11:58 PM
Madison freezes as the group enters the room the noises were coming from. Peering cautiously around Verezza's shoulder gave her more information than she'd ever wanted. She steps away from the group and empties her stomach onto the floor, whimpering slightly. A few words slip her lips as she prays to the gods she remains in one piece.

richmond
2019-06-17, 04:11 AM
Verezza grew more and more concerned as the group explored the place. The goblin weapons and the blood stains were definite signs trouble was ahead, so the warrior had been preparing herself for a fight, always walking cautiously with her shield at ready. She was not prepared for the scene as they opened the door to the glassworking room, however.

She didn't feel particularly icky for the amount of blood, as she had seen plenty of it in her lifetime, nor the fate of Lonjiku displeased her. He was a hurtful man and he likely had it coming. But the fact those other people, working people, had been hurt and dishonored this badly didn't sit well with her. Specially as the man in the center of the room, the one apparently trying to guide those repulsive creatures, looked her way. He knew who he was, and may the gods help him if he had allowed the same thing to pass to his sister.

With a primal battlecry, she immediately thrusts her spear at the nearest goblin, aiming straight at its heart. The goblin manages to duck for something at the right time, but she only wanted to show Tsuto her intentions as she draws her spear back and points it at him. A goliath promise with no words. He was gonna be next.

Verezza attacks G7.
Hit: [roll0] (don't forget they should be flat-footed)
Damage: [roll1]

Bansheexero
2019-06-17, 08:09 PM
Seeing the trespassers mean business, Tsuto uses the terrain to his advantage. He takes a small step back and to the left to make sure he does not hit the table behind him and looses an arrow from his bow. He targets Madison, taking advantage of her sickened reaction.

5 ft step back and to his left
Tsuto makes a ranged attack against Madison [roll0]
Crit? (x3) [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If Crit add [roll3]

The shot flies wide, as he can't focus with all the noise coming from the furnace and the goblins.

Illogictree
2019-06-17, 09:08 PM
The two sisters have been quiet for the most part as they explored the building, Tempest focused on her task and Halcyon seemingly concentrating on... something. But upon entering the furnace room and beholding the horrible scene before them, Halcyon stands aghast for a few seconds. When Verezza takes action, that seems to jar the dancer out of her reverie.

"What have you done?!" she shouts, souls flaring to visibility about her as her long white hair seems to float about her. Instead of their normal appearance, the soul orbs take on the vague forms of furious faces. "TSUTO! Where is Ameiko?!"

"Hal, hold it together!" shouts Tempest. In comparison to her sister, she's calm and focused, as if this is far from the most horrible thing she's seen. She steps into the fray, positioning herself near Verezza and brandishing her polearm with the wicked forked tip. She stabs it at the goblin lurking in the corner nearby.

Halcyon spends a move action to maintain Tempest's summon.

Tempest moves to O13 and makes an attack at G6.
Attack [roll0] crit? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

stack
2019-06-19, 06:39 AM
Seeing the goblins, Magnus pushes forward, charging his axe with mystic power as he swings at the nearest goblin.seems he doesn't have extended range yet, so explosive orb is less helpful.

move to P15, energy blade w/ base blast type on G7 (no AOO due to melee blaster feat)

att [roll0]
damage [roll1] + [roll2] bludgeoning

starts sequence on hit

If attacked, will use active defense for +2 AC (21 total). Only 1 AOO available to activate it

Kvard51
2019-06-19, 09:52 AM
Issachar takes the opportunity presented by Verezza and Halcyon's show to slip around the equipment in the middle of the room and stick a dagger in the goblin fighting Large and Lovely.

Attack G7 [roll0] for [roll1] Piercing Damage.

Crit Confirm [roll2] for [roll3] Piercing Damage.

BtanH
2019-06-19, 11:20 PM
Recovering slightly from her shock, Madison pulls herself together long enough for a few scraps of song to escape her lips. Golden notes float through to air to the goblin closest to her who becomes trapped in golden bonds. She tries to stand up straight, and staggers against the wall, using it to hold herself upright as she tries to get a better look at whats going on, while also averting her eyes from what has become of the bodies.

Minor Charm Paralyze Goblin 6 - DC 20 Will or Dazed 1 Round

Perform Sing - [roll0]-2 sicken, DC 17

5ft step down.

Bansheexero
2019-06-20, 03:51 PM
Issachar lands a dagger deep into the unsuspecting goblin, feeling the blade slip under the ribcage and into its heart.

As Madison sings, one of the goblins begins to become entranced and listless. Though the other goblins appear more alert and definitely take notice of the party.

Will save [roll0]

richmond
2019-06-20, 04:15 PM
Verezza curses as she sees Tsuto slipping towards the back. Seeing as Madison has one of the goblins charmed and Issachar has already dispatched another, she decides the group can probably handle this bunch of minions while she goes after the boss. She grins.

With confident steps she strides forward, taking the opportunity presented by Madison's spell to slip past the two goblins nearby and positioning herself in the middle of the enemies, Tsuto barely out of her reach. She adjusts her footing and holds the base of her spear, ready to strike at the slightest chance.

Verezza moves to L12 (P13 -> O12 -> N12 -> M11 -> L12), drawing AoO from G5.
She then uses her standard action to set a Patrol, threatening up to 15'.
And as a swift action she spends a reserve point to get 7 THP.

She will take all AoO she can. She has a total of 5.
If the enemy is adjacent, she has to use her tower shield bash (+5, 1d8+4 bludgeoning). If not, her longspear (+5, 1d8+4 piercing).
Using her shield bash reduces her AC by 4, so she prefers to use her spear if possible. And if Tsuto attacks her, she will use an AoO to apply Active Defense, increasing her AC by 2.

Bansheexero
2019-06-20, 07:39 PM
Tsuto drops his bow and rushes Verezza with a flying kick, using his superior agility in an attempt to slip past her defenses.

Moves to flank Verezza
Acrobatics to avoid AoO [roll0]

Verezza spear attack vs Tsuto [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit x3? [roll3] damage [roll4]
(AoO 1/5)

Tsuto's attack (both charge and flank bonuses) [roll5]
Damage [roll6] plus [roll7] sneak attack damage
Crit x2? [roll8] damage [roll9]
Active Defense (AoO 2/5)

The goblins assault the party, a few using dogslicer weapons while others use hot tongs and hurled glassware.

Several of the goblins rush past Verezza, right into her patrol radius.

Verezza spear attack vs G2 [roll10]
Damage [roll11]
Crit x3? [roll12] damage [roll13]
(AoO 3/5)

Verezza shield attack vs G4 [roll14]
Damage [roll15]
Crit x3? [roll16] damage [roll17]
(AoO 4/5)

G6 takes 5 ft step and attacks Tempest with dogslicer [roll18] (+2 if G2 survives)
Damage [roll19]
Crit 19-20/x2 [roll20] damage [roll21]

(If alive) G2 charges and attacks Tempest with dogslicer [roll22]
Damage [roll23]
Crit 19-20/x2 [roll24] damage [roll25]

(If alive) G4 moves and attacks Verezza with hot tongs [roll26] (Flanking)
Damage [roll27] fire (Touch AC)
Crit x2 [roll28] damage [roll29]

G5 attacks Verezza with dogslicer [roll30] (Flanking)
Damage [roll31]
Crit 19-20/x2 [roll32] damage [roll33]

G3 attacks Verezza with dogslicer [roll34] (Flanking)
Damage [roll35]
Crit 19-20/x2 [roll36] damage [roll37]

G1 hurls glassware Verezza [roll38] (Firing into melee)
Damage [roll39]
Crit x2 [roll40] damage [roll41]

G8 throws glassware at Verezza [roll42] (Firing into melee)
Damage [roll43]
Crit 19-20/x2 [roll44] damage [roll45]

stack
2019-06-21, 06:36 AM
Magnus steps over the dead goblin, frowning at his failure to strike true. He looks at the remaining goblins hurling glassware and tools; conjuring a ball of crystal, he launches it toward them.explosive orb 1 SP, crystal blast, CL1, centered on grid intersection I-J/13-14, 10 ft radius, hits G1, G8, G4 and TK, just misses Verraza

damage [roll0] piercing, reflex save DC 12 half
Reflex 12 or be entangled and unable to move, area is difficult terrain
If any creature takes damage, initiates sequence

Your destructive blast becomes an explosion of crystal, growing where it strikes. A crystal blast uses d4’s instead of d6’s as its damage die and deals piercing damage. The target of your crystal blast must pass a Reflex save or be entangled and unable to move. In addition, the target’s square (or the blast’s affected area) becomes overgrown with crystal and counts as difficult terrain. Breaking free of the entangled condition is a move action, requiring either a Strength check or an Escape Artist check against the crystal blast’s save DC. A target may also destroy the crystal on a square or creature by dealing 3 damage per caster level to the crystal. This removes the entangled condition from the creature and destroys the difficult terrain. Crystal disappears after 1 minute.

Move to N14. Will spend AOO on active defense if attacked, +2 AC

Bansheexero
2019-06-21, 08:34 PM
The crystal orb Magnus forms explodes into a rain of shrapnel.

Goblins save [roll0]
Tsuto save [roll1]

Unfortunately, the magic is underwhelming, as the enemies dodge it quite readily. While a few of the goblins have minor cuts, Tsuto remains unscathed.

Illogictree
2019-06-24, 09:06 PM
Tempest gives a "tsk" as the goblins swing and miss her. She nods approvingly at Magnus' quick dispatch of the goblin, and turns to the one getting up in her face. Shortening her grip on the haft of her guisarme, she stabs at the writhing little beast at close range.

Using Polearm Mastery to attack G6 at -2.
Attack: [roll0] crit? [roll1] damage [roll2]

The angry spirits whirling about Halcyon tear across the room with an eerie howl that somehow cuts above the sound of the furnaces. They stop, hovering above Tsuto where he's fighting with Verezza, seemingly waiting for the next move.

Standard action to maintain Tempest's summon.
Move action to move all 7 souls to Tsuto's space.

Kvard51
2019-06-24, 09:21 PM
As the goblins move to surround Verezza, Issachar runs to her aid. He slides to a stop behind the beast Tempest had just swung at, barely missing her slice himself. As he comes to a stop, he attempts to ram his dagger home ina filthy goblin spine.

Charge G5:[roll0] for [roll1] Piercing Damage + [roll2] Sneak Attack damage

Crit? [roll3] for [roll4] Piercing Damage + [roll5] Sneak Attack damage

BtanH
2019-06-24, 11:20 PM
Madison steps forward, using the tables for support, and another string of beautiful sounds leave her lips. This time, they float towards Tsuto, attempting to lock him in place.

Move to Q12 (i think it's 30ft from Tsuto which is my max range)

Perform for cast
[roll0] -2
1 SP to paralyze, DC 19 Will or stunned for 2 rounds
The target is allowed a new Will save each round to end this effect early. This is a full-round action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

If perform check fails by 2, Inspiration on self for +2, otherwise inspiration on self for 2d4
Perform for any inspiration [roll1] -2

If someone attacks Tsuto and rolls something that looks like a near miss (I'm going to leave this to GM discretion, but if their swing looks good but slightly off) Madison will use inspiration on their attack.

Bansheexero
2019-06-25, 11:33 PM
While Tempest fails to land true, Issachar takes down another goblin.

As Madison continues to sing, she focuses on Tsuto in an effort to disable him.

Will save [roll0]
Elves/half-elves get +2 to saves vs Enchantment effects, so I have applied this vs the Mind sphere instead

Unlike the others Madison has targeted in the past, Tsuto shakes off the spell.

richmond
2019-06-26, 12:15 AM
Verezza sees the enemies moving and reacts. Tsuto is far too quick, his unpredictable move catching the goliath by surprise. She raises her shield in time, however, taking the brunt of his assault before she focuses on the goblins instead. Two quick thrusts in sequence, immediately downing one of the enemies as her spear pierces its abdomen.

Her companions also act, with both Tempest and Issachar engaging in melee. The warrior is unable to hit true, but Issachar's swift moves down the goblin on Verezza's back. She grins and winks to the rogue as Magnus surprisingly throws some kind of magic sphere that explodes amidst the ones in the back, shrapnel flying wide. The goblins seem to dodge most of it though, hurling glass at her and, as she raises her shield to block the projectiles, another manages to burn her with one of the crafting tools, still hot from the furnaces. Halcyon cast her ghosts ahead while Madison sings an eerie tune, but both magic, whatever they should do, seem to not take hold on Tsuto.

Taking the momentary chance given by Madison's spell, Verezza takes a step back, pulling her spear to get momentum before thrusting it in Tsuto's direction. She immediately recenters herself, once more ready to intercept the attacks of her enemies.

Verezza takes a 5' step (L12 -> M12) [free action]
Verezza spends her martial focus to activate her Patrol [move action]
Verezza attacks Tsuto [standard action]

Attack Tsuto: [roll0] vs. AC for [roll1] piercing damage
Crit?: [roll2] vs. AC for [roll3] extra piercing damage.
Verezza will use her AoO to defend herself with Active Defense if their attacks hit by 1 or less, then to attack enemies if they provoke, but only with her spear (+5, 1d8+4).
She has 5 AoO.

stack
2019-06-26, 06:50 AM
Frustrated by the minimal impact of his spell, Magnus steps up and swings at the nearest goblin, magically charged axe sweeping toward its torso.energy blade, base blast, 5' step to M14, attack G4

att [roll0]
damage [roll1] + [roll2] bludgeoning

1 AOO for active defense +2 AC if needed

Hopefully will be back on Discord by tomorrow

Bansheexero
2019-06-27, 12:02 AM
The goblins close ranks on Verezza to contain her as Tsuto continues his assault.

G6 takes a 5 ft step towards Verezza, but attacks Issachar.
Attack [roll0]
Crit x2? [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If Crit, add [roll3]

G3 takes a 5 ft step to flank Verezza
Attack [roll4]
Crit x2? [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
If Crit, add [roll7]

G4 uses his hot tongs on Verezza again
Attack [roll8] (vs Touch AC)(High Ground, which I forgot last time)
Crit x2? [roll9] (vs Touch AC)
Damage [roll10] fire damage
If Crit, add [roll11] fire damage

Meanwhile G1 and G8 continue throwing glass objects at Verezza
G1 Attack [roll12]
Crit x2? [roll13]
Damage [roll14]
If Crit, add [roll15]

G8 Attack [roll16]
Crit x2? [roll17]
Damage [roll18]
If Crit, add [roll19]

Tsuto advances and throws a left-right combo with his fists.

Takes a 5 ft step towards Verezza to flank
Attacks [roll20] and [roll21]
Crit x2? [roll22] and [roll23]
Damage #1 [roll24] bludgeoning and [roll25] precision damage. If Crit, add [roll26] bludgeoning
Damage #2 [roll27] bludgeoning and [roll28] precision damage. If Crit, add [roll29] bludgeoning

Bansheexero
2019-06-27, 11:25 PM
Magnus obliterates the goblin carrying the hot tongs with his blade surrounded by elemental energy.

Kvard51
2019-06-30, 12:25 AM
Issachar drops to one knee and ducks the attack of the previously dazed goblin. As he stands back up, he takes a step to the side and places the brute between himself and Verezza. He drives his dagger towards the creature's unprotected kidney, hoping to take it out before it joins the others in attacking Large and Lovely.

5' step to flank G6. Attack w/ Flanking [roll0] for [roll1] Piercing damage + [roll2] SA damage.

Crit? [roll3] for [roll4] Piercing damage.

Bansheexero
2019-06-30, 11:48 PM
Issachar's blade sinks deep into the goblin's flesh, covered in black fire as he withdraws it from the creature's innards. It crumples to the ground, motionless.

BtanH
2019-07-02, 11:44 PM
Madison takes some time to try and collect herself, carefully averting her eyes from the bodies, and focusing her anger on Tsuto, her song taking on a less pleasant note.

Move - Save vs Sickened
[roll0] -2 I think sickened applies to saves

Standard - Attempt to Paralyze him again
[roll1] -2 if sickened
1 SP to paralyze, DC 19 Will or stunned for 2 rounds
The target is allowed a new Will save each round to end this effect early. This is a full-round action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

If perform check fails by 2, Inspiration on self for +2, otherwise inspiration on self for 2d4
Perform for any inspiration
[roll2] -2 if sickened
[roll3] if needed

If someone attacks Tsuto and rolls something that looks like a near miss (I'm going to leave this to GM discretion, but if their swing looks good but slightly off, anything that misses by less than 4 ooc) Madison will use inspiration on their attack for +2 or +2d4 as appropriate.

Illogictree
2019-07-03, 10:33 PM
Halcyon grits her teeth and tries to think tactically through her anger. She shifts her internal energy so she can do more than concentrate on maintaining Tempest's summon, and rushes to her sister's side.

"Take him alive, Temps," she says, "we need to figure out where Ameiko is." Her hand reaches out and touches her sister, sending her through a twist in space.

Tempest reappears a short distance behind Tsuto, right next to a goblin perched on some of the furniture. Shrugging off the disorienting effects of the warp, she immediately strikes out at the foul little creature before it can attack her.

...And fails to send her through a twist in space.

Tempest blinks in surprise and looks back at her sister. "You all right, Halcyon?"

The dancer is surprised at her failure as well. "I... I think I just need to get my head together."

The warrior woman nods and points to Magnus. "Try him next. I'm going to support Verezza." She hurries to the side of the Goliath and strikes at the goblin menacing her.

Halcyon: Spend 1 spell point to have Tempest summoned independent of concentration. She has 20 rounds (2 minutes) remaining.

Move to P13 adjacent to Tempest.
Use Standard action to teleport Tempest to J12. Perform check is [roll0] vs DC 17.

If successfully teleported, Tempest will attack goblin G8 with her guisarme, at -2 using Polearm Mastery to attack adjacent opponent.
Tempest moves to square N11 and attacks goblin G3 with her guisarme. Add +2 since she's not using Polearm Mastery.
Attack roll [roll1] (Crit? [roll2]) Damage [roll3]

Bansheexero
2019-07-04, 06:54 PM
While Halcyon's magic sputters out, Tempest impales another goblin, who drops after she pulls her guisarme out of it.

Meanwhile, Madison's song again tries to lull Tsuto into complacency.

Will save [roll0]

He finally succumbs, staring off into space.

richmond
2019-07-06, 02:18 AM
As soon as Verezza notices Madison's magic taking effect on Tsuto, she strides forward. Since most of the goblins had been taken care of, two in the back were still able to attack the group and, more worrisome, flee. She wouldn't allow either.

With quick steps, she circles around Tsuto, dragging her spear in a wide arc to impale the closest goblin, and while the creature dodges it, she is now better position to diminish their options.

Verezza moves to K12.
She then attacks G8.
Damage: [roll1] piercing
Crit? [roll2]

As always, she will take all AoO she can on their turns, and spend those on her Active Defense if they attack her. She can has 5 AoO.

Bansheexero
2019-07-07, 02:51 PM
The remaining goblins see their kind fall to the party. They scream, " Those longshanks must be the ones from the festival. Run for it."

both goblins take the withdraw action to use a double move away from Verezza and towards the exit of the room.

Meanwhile, Tsuto is stunned, unable to act.

stack
2019-07-08, 08:26 AM
Seeing that the others can handle the half elf, Magnus pursues the fleeing goblins, hurling a conjured crystal at the nearest.move to I15, free action expend focus for +1 link (+1 att, CL), Destructive blast on G1, crystal blast

att [roll0] vs touch
[roll1] piercing, reflex 13 or entangled

BtanH
2019-07-09, 11:32 PM
Elated by her success, Madison concentrates on keeping Tsuto locked in place and touches Halcyon briefly, spreading some warm feelings to her.

Std. touch Halcyon with Touch of Joy, all d20s become 2d20b1 for 1 round
Move - nothing. I don't actually need to concentrate

If someone attacks Tsuto and rolls something that looks like a near miss (I'm going to leave this to GM discretion, but if their swing looks good but slightly off, anything that misses by less than 4 ooc) Madison will use inspiration on their attack for +2 or +2d4 as appropriate.

Kvard51
2019-07-12, 04:46 PM
Seeing the goblins fleeing, Issachar sprints after them. As they close on the exit, he flips his knife at them, but it bounces off the door facing and clatters to the floor.

Illogictree
2019-07-14, 06:49 PM
Buoyed up by Madison's presence, Halcyon takes a breath and tries to assess the situation calmly. Magnus might be disoriented by a sudden teleportation, so she decides to send Tempest after the goblins again. She moves to her sister's side, mixing her dance steps into her stride, and, gathering her power for an extra-long warp, reaches out to touch her.

Halcyon:
Move action to N12. Standard action to teleport Tempest to E13, spending 1 SP to extend range to Medium. Skill check: Best of [roll0] and [roll1] vs DC 17.

Tempest:
If teleport goes off, attack G8 with guisarme using Polearm Mastery. Attack: [roll2] Critical? [roll3] Damage [roll4] Slashing