PDA

View Full Version : Guessing The truth always has a use

D.One
2019-02-15, 03:14 PM
High Priestess Rubyrock states here that "the truth always has a use" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1024.html) when she says to Roy that Durkon's exile is over. I always imagined that Roy would tell that to Durkon*, and thus the truth could help "Durkon Classic" to beat Greg somehow, but Roy never had the chance to do it.

Maybe it was some Red Herring on Rich's part, but, given the circunstances, I doubt it.

That's why I think maybe this truth's use will be somehow grant access to the Council, or something in those lines.

What do you think?

Peelee
2019-02-15, 03:20 PM
High Priestess Rubyrock states here that "the truth always has a use" (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1024.html) when she says to Roy that Durkon's exile is over. I always imagined that Roy would tell that to Durkon*, and thus the truth could help "Durkon Classic" to beat Greg somehow, but Roy never had the chance to do it.

Maybe it was some Red Herring on Rich's part, but, given the circunstances, I doubt it.

That's why I think maybe this truth's use will be somehow grant access to the Council, or something in those lines.

What do you think?

It would stop anyone from objecting to Durkon's presence, due to his exile. At a guess, I'd say very few people would know about that, though a majority of said people would be the vampires.

Grey_Wolf_c
2019-02-15, 03:44 PM

What do you think?

I think that it's the reason why Durkon didn't immediately try to leave Firmament the moment he was raised.

Grey Wolf

Resileaf
2019-02-15, 04:31 PM
Maybe it'll help for the council of clans. Gontor might attempt to have Durkon kicked out since he's been exiled, but Durkon will be able to reply that Rubyrock has de-exiled him.

Aveline
2019-02-15, 05:55 PM
I think that it's the reason why Durkon didn't immediately try to leave Firmament the moment he was raised.

Grey Wolf

I can't remember - when exactly did Durkon learn his exile was rescinded? The last I can remember is Roy trying to tell him during the battle with Greg in Odin's hall. (I wouldn't hesitate to believe Roy told him offscreen ASAP, but still.)

martianmister
2019-02-15, 06:04 PM
Minrah told him in the afterlife.

Mad Humanist
2019-02-15, 08:05 PM
I can't remember - when exactly did Durkon learn his exile was rescinded? The last I can remember is Roy trying to tell him during the battle with Greg in Odin's hall. (I wouldn't hesitate to believe Roy told him offscreen ASAP, but still.)

Minrah told him in the afterlife.

Here you go.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1145.html

I believe we have already had a payout from Rubyrock's saying in that Thor says he needs Durkon's spirit uncrushed. The full payout will come when we see the plot proceeding because Durkon's spirit is uncrushed.

Aveline
2019-02-15, 08:36 PM
Where did Minrah tell Durkon the exile is officially over? Does she even know that as a point of fact? I will consult the archives.

Fyraltari
2019-02-15, 08:40 PM
Where did Minrah tell Durkon the exile is officially over? Does she even know that as a point of fact? I will consult the archives.

Or you could follow Mad hummanist's link in the post above yours.

Aveline
2019-02-15, 08:47 PM
Or you could follow Mad hummanist's link in the post above yours.

I read that strip and Minrah does not make any reference to Durkon's exile being over - only why he was exiled in the first place.

I also re-read the section where Firuk explains why Durkon was exiled and Roy makes no mention of it either. I don't think Minrah even knows.

Resileaf
2019-02-15, 08:47 PM
I read that strip and Minrah does not make any reference to Durkon's exile being over - only why he was exiled in the first place.

I also re-read the section where Firuk explains why Durkon was exiled and Roy makes no mention of it either. I don't think Minrah even knows.

First panel of the page after.

Aveline
2019-02-15, 08:54 PM
First panel of the page after.

Thank you.

jwhouk
2019-02-16, 11:30 AM
The truth always has a use, for sure.

That's when Durkon shows up at the council meeting, confuses the vampires into thinking he's still "Greg", and somehow makes the entire council vote against ending the world.

Ruck
2019-02-16, 05:20 PM

That's when Durkon shows up at the council meeting, confuses the vampires into thinking he's still "Greg", and somehow makes the entire council vote against ending the world.

It would be pretty funny if we got a reverse-attempt of Durkula attempting to impersonate Durkon's biological functions (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0982.html).

Bilbo Baggins
2019-03-01, 04:47 PM
I think the newest comic makes it pretty clear why this is important - otherwise, Durkon wouldn't be able to pass through the blue barrier!

AutomatedTeller
2019-03-01, 04:58 PM

Well, the vampires know that "Greg" is no longer - they refer to him as dearly departed.

Synesthesy
2019-03-01, 05:38 PM
I think the newest comic makes it pretty clear why this is important - otherwise, Durkon wouldn't be able to pass through the blue barrier!

He still would be able to pass it (as in reality he isn't violating any dwarven rules, the exile is over both if you know it and if you don't), but he wouldn't even try to pass if he thought he can't be in dwarven land.