PDA

View Full Version : Binder vs the Walking Dead

ChudoJogurt
2019-02-15, 06:06 PM
Suppose the Binder binds Tenebrous. He uses the ability granted to Command undead, until he has as many skeletons and zombies in his thrall as he can hold.
He then Expels Tenebrous (or waits for the Pact to expire naturally) and binds some other Vestige.
Will the undead still obey him?
Or once heoses the abiluty to Rebuke/Command the comma d he already has will fall apart?

Blackhawk748
2019-02-15, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure what the RAW is on this, or even if there is any, but I would say that he still has them. The logic being that you don't need Rebuke to maintain the control, just to get more of them.

Psyren
2019-02-15, 09:10 PM
RAW is no. ToM 19:

Effects created by the binder's supernatural abilities end when the vestige leaves the binder, or if the binder dies while bound.

Your rebuke/command is an effect created by your vestige (Tenebrous) and so the moment you dismiss him the undead won't be under your control anymore.

ChudoJogurt
2019-02-15, 09:12 PM
Sweet, thank you

StevenC21
2019-02-17, 01:53 AM
Oh boy... I can see it now.

Two groups approach. A Wizard protected by layers if incantations, and a Binder commanding a legion of undead. The Binder charges, smiling. He knows that he can't lose. He has a legion of undead protecting him, after all. He fights confidently, and ultimately the enemy wizard falls dead at his feet. And then, as he is inspecting the corpse, he hears the shuffling of feet behind him, and the stench of undeath growing ever stronger. He turns around and realizes that, to his horror, the zombies protecting him just moments before will now be his undoing...

TheCount
2019-02-17, 03:37 AM
What happens if the binder diped cleric though?
Unlimited undead minions untill dispelled/destroyed/stolen?

Yogibear41
2019-02-17, 05:02 AM
I think it would be reasonable to give the binder the chance to rebind Tenebrous for the day before he loses control of all those he has rebuked.

Efrate
2019-02-17, 10:07 AM
If the binder dipped cleric for divine anima mage adaption or such, I think he keeps his undead, unless you track each individual undead and from what source rebuking came from.