PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Kineticist with kinetic blade and AoO

Scottlang
2019-02-16, 03:59 AM
I'm playing a 6th level kineticist/2nd level fighter with the kinetic blade, and it says that:
Youcanusethisforminfusiononceaspartofanattackactio n,achargeaction,orafull-attackactioninordertomakemeleeattackswithyourkinet icblade.Sinceit’spartofanotheraction(andisn’tanact ionitself),usingthiswildtalentdoesn’tprovokeanyadd itionalattacksofopportunity.

Would it let me use it as part of an AoO? I don't think it would but my DM is saying that it would.. Please can you clarify.

Also, when it says additional AoO's would it still trigger an AoO if I activated it as part of an attack??

Thanks

Zerathize
2019-02-16, 04:51 AM
I'm playing a 6th level kineticist/2nd level fighter with the kinetic blade, and it says that:

Would it let me use it as part of an AoO? I don't think it would but my DM is saying that it would.. Please can you clarify.

Also, when it says additional AoO's would it still trigger an AoO if I activated it as part of an attack??

Note Kinetic Blade ends at the end of your turn. Compare that to Kinetic Whip which states: "The kinetic whip disappears at the beginning of your next turn, but in the intervening time, it threatens all squares within its reach, allowing you to make attacks of opportunity that deal the whip’s usual damage."

So to use it as part of an AoO you have to have Kinetic Whip. You can ready Kinetic Blade for an attack, but you can't AoO with it.

And to why it would say addition AoO's it's talking about the action with which you activate it with, only one i can think of is Charge. which the movement of could cause an Aoo

KillianHawkeye
2019-02-16, 10:15 AM
Youcanusethisforminfusiononceaspartofanattackactio n,achargeaction,orafull-attackactioninordertomakemeleeattackswithyourkinet icblade.Sinceit’spartofanotheraction(andisn’tanact ionitself),usingthiswildtalentdoesn’tprovokeanyadd itionalattacksofopportunity.

Why on earth would you do this????? :smallconfused::smallannoyed::smallsigh:

gkathellar
2019-02-16, 10:28 AM
Zerathize basically has it. You can't use it as part of an AoO, because an AoO is not an "attack action," a "full attack action," or a "charge."

In the same vein, opponents do not get an AoO against you for using kinetic blade as part of one of those actions (although the action itself still provokes).

I expect that the OP copypasta'd from a PDF with really bad kerning.

Scottlang
2019-02-16, 11:37 AM

Well, I chose this, cos the meat shield doesn't do his job, and I'm getting into hair raiaing combat, and I need my hands empty to use this ability, and doing either 3d6+9 to hit up close and personal or 3d6+3 vs touch is nothing to snear at, esp if you can't back away to shoot

KillianHawkeye
2019-02-16, 04:26 PM
Well, I chose this, cos the meat shield doesn't do his job, and I'm getting into hair raiaing combat, and I need my hands empty to use this ability, and doing either 3d6+9 to hit up close and personal or 3d6+3 vs touch is nothing to snear at, esp if you can't back away to shoot

That is not what I meant and you goddamn know it. :smallmad:

My question, if you really need it spelled out, is why would you quote a block of rules text with zero spaces?? Are you like a discussion forum version of The Joker, who just wants to see the Internet burn? Is this Internet terrorism? WHAT MOTIVATES YOU???