PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Wisdom Tiefling

EggKookoo
2019-02-16, 02:46 PM
I don't think it would be a big problem but any hidden gotchas in letting a player who wants to run a tiefling druid take a +2 to Wis instead of Cha?

RogueJK
2019-02-16, 02:52 PM
No major balance problems.

Or, if you want to stick to RAW, there's the "Fierna Tiefling" in Mordekainen's Tome of Foes. It gets +2 CHA and +1 WIS, instead of the normal +2 CHA and +1 INT. It also has some different racial spells.

sophontteks
2019-02-16, 02:57 PM
I'd suggest just using the Fierna tiefling. They get some really cool spells. Suggestion once per long rest is awesome.

EggKookoo
2019-02-16, 03:26 PM
Unfortunately for Fierna, the player has a thing for ice. :smallcool:

I'm not concerned with RAW in this case.

Throne12
2019-02-16, 03:27 PM
My problem with the +2 cha and +1 wis tiefling is the spells are cha based and as a druid your not going to have a high stat in cha.

EggKookoo
2019-02-16, 03:54 PM
My problem with the +2 cha and +1 wis tiefling is the spells are cha based and as a druid your not going to have a high stat in cha.

Druid spells? Those are Wis-based. Or do you mean the racials? In the case of Levistus, the only one that really matters for that is ray of frost, and I think that's an acceptable tradeoff. Unless I'm misunderstanding?

LudicSavant
2019-02-16, 04:32 PM
I don't think it would be a big problem but any hidden gotchas in letting a player who wants to run a tiefling druid take a +2 to Wis instead of Cha?

Tieflings are pretty nonthreatening from a balance perspective with the exception of the Feral Winged ones, which I assume they're not using. And giving Hellish Rebuke to a Cleric or Druid isn't going to come close to breaking anything.

I say go for it. Don't forget to switch their racial spells off of Cha.