PDA

View Full Version : Killed An Enemy By A Wimpy Attack

Bartmanhomer
2019-02-16, 04:25 PM
Have you ever killed an enemy by a wimpy or weak attack? I was playing a level 1 Neutral Good Female Lesser Drow Wizard how was fighting a bunch of guards with my party. I attack and killed one of the guards with my Light Crossbow and it caused 2 points of damage. LOL! :biggrin: One of the players in Out Of Character said only 2 points of damage?! He must be a level 1 commoner. I comment back and said a very weak commoner and I didn't use my spells for the fight because of wild magic. What's your story of the weakest attack that you killed an enemy? :smile:

Particle_Man
2019-02-17, 08:53 AM
It was 1st ed but a light spell on the eyes of a flying dragon caused it to crash and die. I was surprised the dm ruled it that way.

Other than that a dagger attack that got very lucky on a variant critical hit table. I am not a fan of these or of critical fumble tables but I wasn’t the dm.

AmeVulpes
2019-02-17, 08:57 AM
When I play a caster with access to it, I always keep Ray of Frost prepared. It's quite something to drop an enemy with, and happens surprisingly often with things such as kobolds, partly owing to its ability to score critical hits. Granted, I probably use Ray of Frost more than almost all D&D players.