PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds Questions

Kazuel
2019-02-16, 09:02 PM
Just started reading through the book (3rd Ed) and I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone else find the layout of the book off putting?

2. According pg 111 the 3 main defense class traits are Dodge, Perry, and Will. is your dodge skill = to your agility rank or does it need to be bought separate (same for the other 2 and their counterpart attributes?

3. I keep seeing the term "Degrees of success". What page in the book explains that well? I'm just missing it.

4. See character below. Do my weapon based advantages and skills help me with my Damage Katana power?

5. Did I do my powers, skills, ect correctly?

I'll have more and I'm going to post my character. While I'll appreciate optimization advice, i'll be looking at "is the character made correctly and legally" I'll leave it at this for now, but I'll be back for more questions in a bit.

EDIT adding my character "I'm only post crunch and not fluff" This guy is basically a teleporting ninja

Abilities (78pts)
STR 2 STA 1 AGL 9 DEX 7
FGT 10 INT 2 AWE 7 PRE 1

Powers

Teleport 5 Ranks (23pts)
-Accurate
-Change Direction
-Change Velocity
-Easy
-Turnabout

Damage [Katana] 10 Ranks (23pts)
-Penetrating
-Multi attack
-Easily Removable

Senses 5 ranks (5pts)
-Danger Sense 1
-Dark Vision 2
-Tracking 1
-Distance 1

Skills (17pts)
Acrobatics 8 Ranks
Close Combat [Katana] 10 ranks
Expertise [Profession] 6 ranks
Stealth 10 ranks

Advantages (19pts)
Accurate Attack 1
Defensive Attack 1
Improved Disarm 1
Power Attack 1
Quick Draw 1
Improved Initiative 1
Evasion 2
Weapon Break 1

Son of A Lich!
2019-02-16, 10:38 PM
1) Yes. I don't like how it's laid out much either, but it's trying to distance itself from its D20 roots and I think they are trying to dance around the fact that they renamed a bunch of stuff.

2) Dodge, Parry and Will are the three defense classes. Toughness, Fortitude and Will are your three resistances. These 5 (Will is both a Defense Class and a Resistance places) are your Defenses and can be bought ala cart for 1pp each.

3) I have a Villain with a Miasma cannon that creates an acidic cloud. This cloud can either Hinder, Helpless, or make you Incapacitated. The DC for the save is 22 (Affliction 12 ranks, +10). When your hero rolls his/her save (assuming a +10 Fortitude), If his result is equal to or over 22, he shrugs it off no problem. If it's 21 or under, he has failed by at least 1 degree and would be Hindered. If he fails by 5 or more (a total of 16) he has failed by 2 degrees and would be Helpless instead. If he fails by 10 or more (a total of 11 or lower on his save), he has failed by 3 degrees and would be helpless.

A degree is 5 more or less of what you needed to roll. Some things, like Multiattack, get benefits for rolling above degrees of success. Some things, like Affliction, have degrees of Failure and are based on how low your opponent rolled.

Does that make sense?

4) Yes

5) The Katana effect should be 18pp. Easily removed reduces the power by 2pp/5pps. So, initially it was 30 (30/5=6 6x2=12 30-12=18). However, Strength is adds to damage effects, so this should be a 12 rank effect (Which would put you above PL limits) or you can reduce some ranks off.

This would result in 8 ranks, for 24 pp. -10 for (24/5= 5(Rounded up), 5x2=10, 24-10=14) a grand total of 14pp.

Now, the advantages you have for your katana are awesome, but you might want to consider taking these extra points and investing them into Arrays.

As for balance/optimization... I think I need to find QD's guide for M&M to direct you to a better source. I typically use a lot of house rules for thematic purposes (Frankly, I think Fighting shouldn't be considered an attribute at all and I use 3d6s instead of 1d20, but that's just my table.), so I'm probably not exactly keen on what's true of your table and your GM's play style.

I'll be back with an edit and link to the guide.

Link to QD's M&M balance guide. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?545469-Mutants-and-Masterminds-3e-Character-Guide)

Hackulator
2019-02-17, 09:23 AM
Your Katana Power is probably way over Power Level limits. You have 10 ranks of Damage, 10 ranks of the Close Combat Skill, and Fighting 10. So you have a +20 attack modifier (Fighting+Combat skill) and 10 ranks of damage, add those together to get 30. Unless your power level is 15, that's way too high. You appear to have a PW of 11 from the number of Power Points you are using. Attack Mod + Damage ranks cannot be higher than PL x 2.

Also, definitely read the guide linked in the post above, you spent WAY WAY too many points on abilities that aren't worth it. You have Dexterity 7 and literally nothing that functions off Dexterity, just as one example. Same with presence, though you on;y have 1 point so its not as bad.

Kazuel
2019-02-17, 01:25 PM
I was building to PL10 and I’m currently reading through the guide. I was wondering if I was overlapping on stuff and the book doesn’t do a great job of explaining how all this works. With the info provided, I will revise this character concept and then repost it for further review. Thanks for the advice so far.

Son of A Lich!
2019-02-17, 03:11 PM
Your Katana Power is probably way over Power Level limits. You have 10 ranks of Damage, 10 ranks of the Close Combat Skill, and Fighting 10. So you have a +20 attack modifier (Fighting+Combat skill) and 10 ranks of damage, add those together to get 30. Unless your power level is 15, that's way too high. You appear to have a PW of 11 from the number of Power Points you are using. Attack Mod + Damage ranks cannot be higher than PL x 2.

Also, definitely read the guide linked in the post above, you spent WAY WAY too many points on abilities that aren't worth it. You have Dexterity 7 and literally nothing that functions off Dexterity, just as one example. Same with presence, though you on;y have 1 point so its not as bad.

I completely missed that he had the close combat skill.

Also, you spent 19 points on 9 advantages. I'm not sure how that was pulled off. Advantages are 1 pp per rank, are there 10 ranks you didn't account for of something?

It's kind of a sad state of affairs with Attributes and M&M - they're mostly just for fluff. I like putting points into them and making them mean something but... Yeah, it's not really worth going over board on. maybe 10pp should be spent on non-toughness/strength attributes to generate the feeling of the character in question.

Kazuel
2019-02-17, 08:56 PM
Next round of questions.

6. Is the following power created correctly?
Damage “Shadow Blade” 10 Ranks
-multi Attack
-Easily Removable
-Affects Insubstantial
-Alternate Effect “Concealment”
Total points 15

7. Does the added effect of Concealment count as rank 10?
8. Can the above power be used with things like power attack, weapon break, improved Disarm,? Can I even use that power to disarm?
9. Can someone talk me through multi attack’s single target option like I’m stupid?

Thanks again for all the help, I assure you more questions to follow as I continue down this road.

Son of A Lich!
2019-02-18, 08:51 PM
Next round of questions.

6. Is the following power created correctly?
Damage “Shadow Blade” 10 Ranks
-multi Attack
-Easily Removable
-Affects Insubstantial
-Alternate Effect “Concealment”
Total points 15

7. Does the added effect of Concealment count as rank 10?
8. Can the above power be used with things like power attack, weapon break, improved Disarm,? Can I even use that power to disarm?
9. Can someone talk me through multi attack’s single target option like I’m stupid?

Thanks again for all the help, I assure you more questions to follow as I continue down this road.

Typically, you want to keep your utility (Webslinging!), Attacks(Punches and Power swinging!) and Defenses (Spider Senses!) on separate arrays - An array allows you to spend the same points multiple times but you can only have one choice active at any one time. So you don't want to be defenseless when you are making an attack on an enemy.

Typically, you don't need utility powers in an array in the first place, but it would suck to be Spider-man and have to land to use your web-shooters to tie someone up. How your table handles rules for arrays can be drastically different from another, so talk with your GM about how he handles the specifics.

For an attack array, I usually go from 4 to 6 alternate powers to keep combat interesting. PL limits ON ATTACKS mean that your total to hit bonus + your ranks in the attack (Including strength) cannot exceed 2xPL.

-So, if you are PL10, you can have +10 to hit and 10 ranks (This should be your most basic attack load out, due to the fact that it's the most likely to get through defense and Resists if they are shifted in either direction).
-You can have an attack that hits more accurately (Accurate Attack) with lower ranks, say +14 to hit and 6 ranks, and this you can even accent with some spiffy 1 or 2 pp extras, since it will be a bit cheaper (how often will you need affects insubstantial? Dunno, but it's nice to have when you need it!) or linking it to a rarely useful option. This attack will be more useful when you have an opponent who is defense shifted, but we can bump up the damage or accuracy with all out attack to suit our needs.
-Obligitory Affliction attack (Or weaken, or boost, or heal, or create or basically something that helps you control the fight in your favor). Again, even split +10/10Ranks, best to play it safe here.
-a linked attack that serves as a finisher of some kind.
-A move action attack, usually linked with Jump or teleport if I want to be more mobile and willing to lose out on extras.
-and an area attack to handle swarms of minions

So, lets make up an array real quick here. (Note, I'm taking Strength into account for the Damage Powers, but you can add extras to ranks in strength. They will be 2pp shy because of this. I'm assuming you have 8 ranks in your Dodge/Parry Defenses)

Shadow Blade (Power array)[Sword, slashing damage, Ninjutsu (Device, Easily Removed)] Total - 26pp
- Damage 10 (Multi attack, Penetrating) 22pp
- Damage 6 (accurate x2, Multi Attack, Penetrating, Affects insubstantial x2) (10pp) 22pp
- Linked Deflection 6 (Reflection) (12pp)
- Affliction 6 [Dodge(Will) - Hindered/Prone/Immobile] (Alternate resistance (Dodge), Progressive, Accurate x2, Insidious, Affects incorporeal) 22pp
- Damage 10 (Move action, Multi attack, limited: Only usable Shadows) (12pp) 22pp
- Linked Teleport 5 ranks (Medium: Shadows, Change Velocity) (10pp)

With this array set up, you have 22pp in each set and 4 arrays, bringing the total cost to 26pp total.

While going toe to toe with a new foe, you can go blow for blow with the first attack

You can play defensively with the second attack. When you swing, you also set up Deflection and can turn their attacks against themselves (It seemed really ninja like to me)

The Affliction I'm running like a toxic poison on the blade sort of deal. If it hits, it seems like nothing happened. If they fail their dodge resistance, they will become Hindered (Slowing their movement), Fall Prone, and eventually Immobile. To recover they need to make a will save. I would fluff this as a mind effecting toxin that the enemy has to over come. This is mostly in the event that you run into a bricky power house type character with high toughness - Thematically, they tend to have high Fortitude as well and bad Will saves.

To get you into the fray, and out again, The last attack is a move action (Teleport is a move action and Linked effects have to use the same action and duration). I like the thematic of the last one, and it can be fluffed in some really cool ways, but you might get some blow back on how it plays out (Technically, linked effects have to target the same person too... but if I were GMing, I'd let it slide. The other issue is that it is an attack as a Move Action so, technically, you could attack as part of your move action and then use your action to attack again. M&M is not balanced around letting people attack multiple times, so I would have you pinky promise you weren't going to do that). Worse comes to worse, you can take off the linked, give the Teleport Turnabout and just keep the Multi-attack and ignore the whole "In Shadows" bit.

---

Rank 10 Concealment would require 20pps before Extras or Flaws. If the base power of the array (the points you are re-spending) doesn't cost that much, you would need a flaw or partial flaw to get 10 ranks.

---

Advantages affect your combat options beyond just the simple attack option. Damage (and other attack powers, including powers with the Attack Extra) can be used in place of many of these. For example, if I need an open hands to grab an opponent, and My Damage Power is typed as my fist, I can use it to Grab my opponent. Improved Grab says I only need 1 open hand to grab someone, so If I'm holding a street lamp in one fist and have another one open, I can use it.

Power Attack and it's bevy of cousins are basically paying 1pp to get to change your Trade Off on the fly. Power Attack says you can take up to -5 on your attack roles to get +5 to the effect bonus on your attack. So, Your attack was 10/10, but now you can fine tune it to your opponent and make it a 5/15. Note that if you were already 5/15, you could take it up to 0/20... but the problem here is that you would never hit.

As long as you aren't double dipping (I'm going to take -5 to hit on this Perception attack, which doesn't roll to hit) Advantages that effect Attacks are meant to work on Attack type powers.

---

Back in 1e and 2e, Multi attack use to be "For each point above the target's AC that you hit, it gets +1 to it's Effect" and was supposed to be useful for things like machine guns - Lots of little attacks that could be devastating. I've used it more then once to make death rays because, "Hey, The better I roll, the more devastating the attack is!". When you are a GM with a villain who is above the player's power level, and you shift for attack bonus, that death ray suddenly becomes a terrifying problem. Collider, my super villain with radiation powers, was at a point in one game where he killed our speedster by rolling a 13. First hit the Speedster had taken - Plop, down, game over. and suddenly the encounter was immeasurably harder. Collider had to gloat and scuttle off for "The GM needs to pull something out of his Latex backside" reasons.

M&M has a tendency to have really swingy combats (Which is why I use 3d6s instead of d20, but many people do 2d10). Multi attack encourages you to have a High to hit bonus, because it basically is double dipping that is legal. The higher the swing, the more damage you are doing as well, so fudge it, Might as well go with accurate attack and take +5 to hit AND it turns into +5 to damage.

So they capped it. 2e, they tried but it was clunky and didn't really work for the speed of M&Ms combats, so the cap was usually ignored (I think it could only go above PL+5? Something like that, it was dumb and the bigger problem was that Defense shifted characters, like the aforementioned speedster, don't have very good Toughness saves because they had high defenses).

My point here is that the reason the Multi-attack rules are bit wonky is because they learned their lesson from previous editions.

So, remember degrees of success? DC of 20, 1 degree is a roll of 21-25, 2 degrees is 26-30, 3 degrees is 31-35, 4 degrees is 36-40?

So, if your opponent has an DC of 15 you need to beat, and you beat it by 10 or more, you get +2 ranks to the attack. By 3 or more, you get +5 instead, and these don't count against PL limits.

The idea is that a bunch of minions with machine guns can open fire on a Player and, even though the machine gun has a rank of 4, it could hypothetically hurt the player if they aid each other with the attack. That's why it needs to exceed PL limits and key off of attack bonus. Of course, having impervious armor would allow you to shrug it off, but that's in line with the fluff and crunch. A core center of M&M is that anything can be counter acted back to normal.

I'm immune to damage because I'm Insubstantial. Affects Insubstantial is a Feat I can take with a Hero point. This damage is Incurable, I can cure it with Persistent healing/regeneration. I can exceed pl limits with this extra, I can counter it with Impervious armor.

Make sense?

Kazuel
2019-02-18, 09:18 PM
Typically, you want to keep your utility (Webslinging!), Attacks(Punches and Power swinging!) and Defenses (Spider Senses!) on separate arrays - An array allows you to spend the same points multiple times but you can only have one choice active at any one time. So you don't want to be defenseless when you are making an attack on an enemy.

Typically, you don't need utility powers in an array in the first place, but it would suck to be Spider-man and have to land to use your web-shooters to tie someone up. How your table handles rules for arrays can be drastically different from another, so talk with your GM about how he handles the specifics.

For an attack array, I usually go from 4 to 6 alternate powers to keep combat interesting. PL limits ON ATTACKS mean that your total to hit bonus + your ranks in the attack (Including strength) cannot exceed 2xPL.

-So, if you are PL10, you can have +10 to hit and 10 ranks (This should be your most basic attack load out, due to the fact that it's the most likely to get through defense and Resists if they are shifted in either direction).
-You can have an attack that hits more accurately (Accurate Attack) with lower ranks, say +14 to hit and 6 ranks, and this you can even accent with some spiffy 1 or 2 pp extras, since it will be a bit cheaper (how often will you need affects insubstantial? Dunno, but it's nice to have when you need it!) or linking it to a rarely useful option. This attack will be more useful when you have an opponent who is defense shifted, but we can bump up the damage or accuracy with all out attack to suit our needs.
-Obligitory Affliction attack (Or weaken, or boost, or heal, or create or basically something that helps you control the fight in your favor). Again, even split +10/10Ranks, best to play it safe here.
-a linked attack that serves as a finisher of some kind.
-A move action attack, usually linked with Jump or teleport if I want to be more mobile and willing to lose out on extras.
-and an area attack to handle swarms of minions

So, lets make up an array real quick here. (Note, I'm taking Strength into account for the Damage Powers, but you can add extras to ranks in strength. They will be 2pp shy because of this. I'm assuming you have 8 ranks in your Dodge/Parry Defenses)

Shadow Blade (Power array)[Sword, slashing damage, Ninjutsu (Device, Easily Removed)] Total - 26pp
- Damage 6 (accurate x2, Multi Attack, Penetrating, Affects insubstantial x2) (10pp) 22pp
- Affliction 6 [Dodge(Will) - Hindered/Prone/Immobile] (Alternate resistance (Dodge), Progressive, Accurate x2, Insidious, Affects incorporeal) 22pp
- Damage 10 (Move action, Multi attack, limited: Only usable Shadows) (12pp) 22pp
- Linked Teleport 5 ranks (Medium: Shadows, Change Velocity) (10pp)

With this array set up, you have 22pp in each set and 4 arrays, bringing the total cost to 26pp total.

While going toe to toe with a new foe, you can go blow for blow with the first attack

You can play defensively with the second attack. When you swing, you also set up Deflection and can turn their attacks against themselves (It seemed really ninja like to me)

The Affliction I'm running like a toxic poison on the blade sort of deal. If it hits, it seems like nothing happened. If they fail their dodge resistance, they will become Hindered (Slowing their movement), Fall Prone, and eventually Immobile. To recover they need to make a will save. I would fluff this as a mind effecting toxin that the enemy has to over come. This is mostly in the event that you run into a bricky power house type character with high toughness - Thematically, they tend to have high Fortitude as well and bad Will saves.

To get you into the fray, and out again, The last attack is a move action (Teleport is a move action and Linked effects have to use the same action and duration). I like the thematic of the last one, and it can be fluffed in some really cool ways, but you might get some blow back on how it plays out (Technically, linked effects have to target the same person too... but if I were GMing, I'd let it slide. The other issue is that it is an attack as a Move Action so, technically, you could attack as part of your move action and then use your action to attack again. M&M is not balanced around letting people attack multiple times, so I would have you pinky promise you weren't going to do that). Worse comes to worse, you can take off the linked, give the Teleport Turnabout and just keep the Multi-attack and ignore the whole "In Shadows" bit.

---

Rank 10 Concealment would require 20pps before Extras or Flaws. If the base power of the array (the points you are re-spending) doesn't cost that much, you would need a flaw or partial flaw to get 10 ranks.

---

Advantages affect your combat options beyond just the simple attack option. Damage (and other attack powers, including powers with the Attack Extra) can be used in place of many of these. For example, if I need an open hands to grab an opponent, and My Damage Power is typed as my fist, I can use it to Grab my opponent. Improved Grab says I only need 1 open hand to grab someone, so If I'm holding a street lamp in one fist and have another one open, I can use it.

Power Attack and it's bevy of cousins are basically paying 1pp to get to change your Trade Off on the fly. Power Attack says you can take up to -5 on your attack roles to get +5 to the effect bonus on your attack. So, Your attack was 10/10, but now you can fine tune it to your opponent and make it a 5/15. Note that if you were already 5/15, you could take it up to 0/20... but the problem here is that you would never hit.

As long as you aren't double dipping (I'm going to take -5 to hit on this Perception attack, which doesn't roll to hit) Advantages that effect Attacks are meant to work on Attack type powers.

---

Back in 1e and 2e, Multi attack use to be "For each point above the target's AC that you hit, it gets +1 to it's Effect" and was supposed to be useful for things like machine guns - Lots of little attacks that could be devastating. I've used it more then once to make death rays because, "Hey, The better I roll, the more devastating the attack is!". When you are a GM with a villain who is above the player's power level, and you shift for attack bonus, that death ray suddenly becomes a terrifying problem. Collider, my super villain with radiation powers, was at a point in one game where he killed our speedster by rolling a 13. First hit the Speedster had taken - Plop, down, game over. and suddenly the encounter was immeasurably harder. Collider had to gloat and scuttle off for "The GM needs to pull something out of his Latex backside" reasons.

M&M has a tendency to have really swingy combats (Which is why I use 3d6s instead of d20, but many people do 2d10). Multi attack encourages you to have a High to hit bonus, because it basically is double dipping that is legal. The higher the swing, the more damage you are doing as well, so fudge it, Might as well go with accurate attack and take +5 to hit AND it turns into +5 to damage.

So they capped it. 2e, they tried but it was clunky and didn't really work for the speed of M&Ms combats, so the cap was usually ignored (I think it could only go above PL+5? Something like that, it was dumb and the bigger problem was that Defense shifted characters, like the aforementioned speedster, don't have very good Toughness saves because they had high defenses).

My point here is that the reason the Multi-attack rules are bit wonky is because they learned their lesson from previous editions.

So, remember degrees of success? DC of 20, 1 degree is a roll of 21-25, 2 degrees is 26-30, 3 degrees is 31-35, 4 degrees is 36-40?

So, if your opponent has an DC of 15 you need to beat, and you beat it by 10 or more, you get +2 ranks to the attack. By 3 or more, you get +5 instead, and these don't count against PL limits.

The idea is that a bunch of minions with machine guns can open fire on a Player and, even though the machine gun has a rank of 4, it could hypothetically hurt the player if they aid each other with the attack. That's why it needs to exceed PL limits and key off of attack bonus. Of course, having impervious armor would allow you to shrug it off, but that's in line with the fluff and crunch. A core center of M&M is that anything can be counter acted back to normal.

I'm immune to damage because I'm Insubstantial. Affects Insubstantial is a Feat I can take with a Hero point. This damage is Incurable, I can cure it with Persistent healing/regeneration. I can exceed pl limits with this extra, I can counter it with Impervious armor.

Make sense?

Let me start by saying thank you. that has been very helpful. A lot to take in but helpful. I guess I've been struggling to utilize the arrays properly and that is something I'll have to fix. I did the concealment on the damage power like I did because in my mind I was using a mystical shadow sword to become invisible for lack of a better term. I thought it would balance out because while concealed, I couldn't attack with it. I definitely like how you did shadow sword array and will probably steal most if not all of that. As for the anything that requires I "Ask the GM", I'm learning this system so I can teach the guy who wants to GM it. I played M&M back in first Edition and bought the books for 2nd (never actually played it) so by default I'm the "expert". Thank you again and I'll post my final (or at minimum, the next draft of my) character soon for critique. That being said, when I do post it, I wont be going for peak optimization because I imagine none of the other people I'll play with will know how to optimize and I'd rather not stand out too far ahead of them. Thanks again and I'll be back soon.

Son of A Lich!
2019-02-19, 03:19 AM
I might write up a newbies guide to M&Ms, as it can be pretty intimidating to dive into at a glance.

Once you get the first real encounter down, You'll never want to go back.

Kazuel
2019-02-19, 09:28 PM
Alright, here is the 2nd draft of my character. I'm definitely down for any critique of how I built him. The concept I was going for is, a ninja that uses mystical abilities to fight with. Once I get the crunch of the character done, I'll start writing up his background and all the fluff bits that go into him. The first of the two powers is almost a direct copy from Sonofalich. I left the last ability off of it because I didn't want to use anything that needed GM discretion. The second power is me attempting to roll mystical ninjutsu abilities into a single power. I'm very interested in other ways to write the power up and keep the same theme going. Thanks to everyone who has helped me through starting to figure this game out. Also please point out any mechanic errors so that I can correct them. Thanks again.

Attributes (40pts)
STR 0
STA 7
AGL 4
DEX 0
FGT 0
INT 2
AWE 7
PRE 0

Defenses (28pp)
Dodge 13
Fortitude 7
Will 13
Parry 13
Toughness 7

Advantages (9pp)
Improved Disarm
Power Attack
Improved Initiative
Evasion 2
Weapon Break
Move-by Action
Takedown 2

Skills (20pp)
Close Combat (Ninjutsu Weapons) 10
Expertise – Computers 6
Expertise – Banking 6
Acrobatics 6
Insight 6
Gather Information 6

Powers (53pp)

One with the Shadow (Power Array)[Ninjutsu, Magical] Total – 27pp
-Teleport 5 (Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Turn about) 23pp
-Concealment 10 [All senses expect tactile](Affects Others, Precise, Passive, Limited: Only while in Shadows) (11pp) 16pp
-Linked Senses 5 (Danger Sense, Dark Vision, Tracking, Distance) (5pp)
-Nullify 10 (Broad, Simultaneous, Concentration, Indirect 4, Noticeable) 23pp

Beleriphon
2019-02-21, 04:05 PM
Powers (53pp)

One with the Shadow (Power Array)[Ninjutsu, Magical] Total – 27pp
-Teleport 5 (Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Turn about) 23pp
-Concealment 10 [All senses expect tactile](Affects Others, Precise, Passive, Limited: Only while in Shadows) (11pp) 16pp
-Linked Senses 5 (Danger Sense, Dark Vision, Tracking, Distance) (5pp)
-Nullify 10 (Broad, Simultaneous, Concentration, Indirect 4, Noticeable) 23pp

Shadow blade seems okay.

The array, I'd suggest the teleport have a between shadows limit.