PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Sorcery and Steam fuel consumption

Waldmarschallin
2019-02-17, 01:15 AM
Hey, all. I was reading Sorcery and Steam, and I found the bit on page 163-166 about different base sizes of vehicles, and how much coal each requires. Unfortunately this is measured in cr, (lowercase, so probably not challenge rating), a unit not used anywhere else in a rulebook that I'm aware of. What does it mean? Is there any place where it estimates the mass of base coal required to fuel something? I'm getting towards ad hoccing it after beating my brain senseless

Tarvus
2019-02-19, 12:32 AM
Hey, all. I was reading Sorcery and Steam, and I found the bit on page 163-166 about different base sizes of vehicles, and how much coal each requires. Unfortunately this is measured in cr, (lowercase, so probably not challenge rating), a unit not used anywhere else in a rulebook that I'm aware of. What does it mean? Is there any place where it estimates the mass of base coal required to fuel something? I'm getting towards ad hoccing it after beating my brain senseless

If I had to guess, its a typo and its meant to be 1cp or copper piece.
I say this because

As you say, there's no other use of that term anywhere I can find
In the equipment selection Coal is listed as 1cp per 1lb purchased, which seems intentional because it makes counting the fuel in cost or weight simple
Its listed as fuel cost which would imply a currency, and everything else in the book is the normal CP/SP/GP not something new like "Credits"