PDA

View Full Version : A War of Gods IC

JMS
2019-02-17, 08:59 AM
You stand inside a hotel in The Lady’s Ward of Sigil, the only place capable of hosting this meeting on neutral ground, in a room filled to the brim with outsiders, fey, and mortal leaders. In one corner, an Olethros Mother is representing Pharasma and the Raven Queen, observing the gathering. In another, corner, a group of Sidhe ambassadors stand talking. Dozens of other small groups stand, keeping an eye on proceedings, but the largest groups are from Mt. Cellestia and the Nine Hells. On one side, angels, archerons and other forces of good, including one of Bahamut’s canaries, a deceptive name for the massive gold dragon. On the other side, multiple devils, accountants, and more are assembled, under the eye of an infernal. Between them, accountants run back and forth, trading paperwork for a historic agreement, that of an alliance between the Nine Hells and Celestia in the face of demon incursions.
The conference room hums with activity, an undercurrent of tension. Dabus float, interspersed randomly, and meetings and discussions that will doom nations and raise empires occur everywhere. Delegates are constantly exiting and entering the smaller rooms and corridors surrounding the ball room, and people are even speaking in mid air.
You are here to ensure your goals are met and to see what is to come. Wander, and make connections. This summit will determine the fate of the multiverse, and you may shape it.

You aren't with any of the group, unless you choose to be. Just wander, look for people to talk to. I tend to be a more spontaneous DM, so just seek people out.

Genth
2019-02-17, 02:09 PM
A light trail of diamond dust snow follows behind the small, delicate-looking creature of ice and light as she moves through the fuzzy-bordered 'Good' side of the room, as Nolus Āita talks quietly with a pair of Guardinals. "And I trust Ōrikka is behaving herself in your care? The child does need some discipline in her life, even if she keeps saying she's two hundred and four." the Winter Queen says, smiling wryly as the Guardinals chuckle. Out of the corner of her eye, she spots someone, a bronze-winged rogue, and gives a chuckle of her own. Holding a hand up, she leaves the Guardinals "My apologies dearies, just saw someone I honestly did not expect!".

She approaches Zak with a raised hand, although he seems to be somewhat occupied talking to an Eladrin. She tilts her head to one side slightly, corner of her mouth twitching, as she waves a hand and freezes his drink just as he tries to sip it, a block of ice slipping out to touch his nose. "Hello, Captain Drake. You need to pay more attention to your surroundings."

QuadraticGish
2019-02-17, 03:39 PM
From the refreshment table, Farsenarenthy takes note of all the different kinds of people moving around the room, making it a mental game to count different ones go by as she samples various refreshments. There, the golden dragon of Bahamut catches her eye- she then decides to curiously poke him telepathically to gauge if he is a dragon overlord. The girl makes eye contact with the dragon as she bites down on an apple and then tries to communicate telepathically with the dragon.

"Ah, hi there. Are you the representative of Bahamut?"

Stevesciguy
2019-02-17, 04:23 PM
Zak is shocked by the cold ice touching his nose - literally. In surprise, a small spark quickly travels down his spine to the tip of his tail, intensifying the already-present smell of ozone. Zak excuses himself from his conversation, before turning to meet the prankster.

"Ah, Grandmother Āita, I thought I felt a cold wind!" Zak says with a grin, before dipping into an almost comedically low bow.

With a snap, Zak's drink suddenly unfreezes, as though it were never frozen in the first place.

In case it matters, this is Zak using one of his Eternal Wanderer powers.
He can't use it again for another [roll0] rounds.

"What are you doing here? I wouldn't have expected you to be much concerned with matters outside your plane."

JMS
2019-02-17, 05:27 PM
The Great Wyrm Gold Dragon twitches, and his eyes blink. Other than that, he is unfazed by the telepathic message. Yes, I am one of Bahamut's Canaries. Gruemar the Voice, to be exact. Farsenarenthy I presume? A friend said you'd be here, and there are not many with our power. His eyes scan the room. Would you mind telling me where you are, you have me at a disadvantage.

You see a single figure detach from the crowd, glancing at Gruemar. They slip towards the refreshments table.
Gruemar has some idea of where you are.

thethird
2019-02-17, 05:46 PM
It felt good wearing his body. When he wore others it wasn't exactly like wearing a hat that added some character, more like wearing a second hand suit. He could feel their pains in the memory of their flesh, how unnatural his gestures were when he moved in them. It was like wearing a mass produced cloth that had itchy stitches in the most unsuspected places. Not to speak of how shattering was to his sense of self, to his ego, to watch himself in any mirror and not see... himself.

What he was wearing now though was a well tailored suit. It was like an engine purring under his touch. The body was his body. Or better yet, an exaggerated version of his body under severe dedication, mania even, to his own ideals. This body congeals every excess that lurked Adanos mind. It was a powerful reflection of his wants. And an ideal vessel. When he looked at a reflection of himself he saw himself. He saw himself wearing a replica of the old crown of his father, and his grand father, that had been lost when the plane had been destroyed. He saw himself as he could become if he didn't falter from his path.

But he hadn't come to contemplate himself. With a movement of the wrist an echo of a servant, made of akasha, psionic and psychic energy flickered an all too real drink to his hand. He tasted the vintage, a rare bottle from a vineyard that no longer existed, and dismissed the apparition with an appreciative nod.

He let his mind wander and sense around, there were many gathered, many more had been summoned. Some were obvious agents. Some others were not. Or at least not so obvious. He decided that he would go for information. And some merrily enjoyment.

The tanned half giant garbed in white and a crown of light strode towards the Olethros and gave a short elegant bow while observing himself on the mirrors of her silken grown.

"Name is Adanos, pleased to make you acquaintance." He speaks as he rises, before giving another sip to the wine. "Hope your kin were able to lead most of my people when it was due. Would you mind if I were to initiate mental communication?"

JMS
2019-02-17, 08:50 PM
The Olethros Mother looks at Adanos. I would prefer that I initiate telepathic communication. She turns, and looks at his body in question. How do you make that? It's similar to that of spiritualists, but not exact. I'm sorry, but I do not know of whether my kin guided yours. She steps closer, a trail of what appears to be akasha streaming around her. I'm sorry, I'm Yenaquar, and you are? Special ambassador for the Raven Queen and Pharasma.

QuadraticGish
2019-02-17, 10:11 PM
Farensarenthy begins walking towards Gruemar. "Okay-." Farensarenthy comes to an immediate stop for a moment when she notices something moving. Though she quickly resumes her pace after. "I suppose I wasn't the only one who was looking at you- I'm walking over to you right now! I didn't think there would be anyone that knew my name!" She soon stands in front of the gold dragon with a smile. "I don't get many chances to speak to other dragons!"

thethird
2019-02-18, 02:10 AM
My body you mean? It is simply what I could have been if I had been a dutiful child. What my parents expected of me. What neverwas. But look, I am now all that and more.

He smiles and when he does sunlight appears to shine more from his 'crown'. Sprouts of blue and pink erupt from his temples forming a halo of ectoplasmic fire for an instant before disipating. It was one of those blink and miss it moments and the half giant barely acknowledged it.

The no nonsense explanation is that this body is indeed similar to a spirit. A spirit being the reflection of a lost soul. This body is also a reflection, but instead of something dead it is a reflection of my mind. It can be a convenient tool, but I would not recommend having a dark reflection of your own mind growing up.

He takes a sip from his drink, realizing that is almost empty he conjures another servant who carries a tray with two cups. Adanos takes one for himself and offers the other to Yenaquar. This time it is a sweet young wine, made of grapes grown without a true sun.

I'm Adanos. Last living scion, as far as I know, of the Taldorian monarchy. For all the good that does. Now I am simply first citizen of the few that remain. I am here in their name, in my name, or just as an excuse to get some wine in me.

JMS
2019-02-18, 10:37 AM
Farensarenthy begins walking towards Gruemar. "Okay-." Farensarenthy comes to an immediate stop for a moment when she notices something moving. Though she quickly resumes her pace after. "I suppose I wasn't the only one who was looking at you- I'm walking over to you right now! I didn't think there would be anyone that knew my name!" She soon stands in front of the gold dragon with a smile. "I don't get many chances to speak to other dragons!"
A group of Deva and Archerons shift, meaning that Farensarenthy is unable to directly approach Gruemar. The Wyrm stretches his head, marking you. His telepathic communication is almost laughing I guess I am the center of the room. He shifts his tone. My friend told me you would be here, they didn't tell me why. Would you volunteer that detail?

My body you mean? It is simply what I could have been if I had been a dutiful child. What my parents expected of me. What neverwas. But look, I am now all that and more.

He smiles and when he does sunlight appears to shine more from his 'crown'. Sprouts of blue and pink erupt from his temples forming a halo of ectoplasmic fire for an instant before disipating. It was one of those blink and miss it moments and the half giant barely acknowledged it.

The no nonsense explanation is that this body is indeed similar to a spirit. A spirit being the reflection of a lost soul. This body is also a reflection, but instead of something dead it is a reflection of my mind. It can be a convenient tool, but I would not recommend having a dark reflection of your own mind growing up.

He takes a sip from his drink, realizing that is almost empty he conjures another servant who carries a tray with two cups. Adanos takes one for himself and offers the other to Yenaquar. This time it is a sweet young wine, made of grapes grown without a true sun.

I'm Adanos. Last living scion, as far as I know, of the Taldorian monarchy. For all the good that does. Now I am simply first citizen of the few that remain. I am here in their name, in my name, or just as an excuse to get some wine in me.
Thank you. She shifts, regarding Adanos quizzically. As far as I am aware, Taldor is well, thriving, and human. Do you speak of another nation?

thethird
2019-02-18, 11:09 AM
Thank you. She shifts, regarding Adanos quizzically. As far as I am aware, Taldor is well, thriving, and human. Do you speak of another nation?

"Right. Need to visit that place once, thoroughly. Taldor the prime, like Golarion, not Taldor the kingdom like Taldor in Golarion. For the matter the fact that several pockets of Taldor have sprung up in the multiverse, all claiming to be Taldor, doesn't help. I live in the Taldorian republic now, there are potentially other Taldorian republics, with which we are attempting to establish diplomatic relationships. Infinite multiverse and all. The only link that comes to mind between Taldor, in Golarion, and my Taldor would be if the Taldor founders had come from my prime and taken the name with them. Powerful magics fit the bill but other than that the time and the description of the people doesn't appear to match. So I have normally chalked it to casualty not causality.

It's been a digression that he has already had.

Genth
2019-02-18, 09:58 PM
"What are you doing here? I wouldn't have expected you to be much concerned with matters outside your plane."

Āita gives a soft laugh and shakes her head. "Quite the contrary, Zac. The Uldra exist across many places and planes, and I have to deal with them all. This.. cataclysm that has occurred to the God's power." she looks down for a moment, frowning in concern. When she looks back up to Zac, her impish features are creased with worry. "Many will be celebrating, but it worries me, and this conference - well, I don't even know my preferred outcome. Heaven and Hell against the Abyss may be appealing initially, but it worries me what will be sacrificed for it. We make peace, so that we may go to war."

QuadraticGish
2019-02-19, 02:42 AM
Farsenarenthy stops with the sudden movement of Archeons and Devas. She thinks for a moment before responding. She wasn't specifically told not to mention why she was here after all. "I was asked to attend by a cabal of older dragons; to ensure nothing ends up changing between the Chromatics and Metallics. They vested in me the power of overlords should anything go wrong. Though, to be honest I am more concerned with keeping of this from leaking into the material plane. I don't think the humanoid races would fair well if that were to happen."

Stevesciguy
2019-02-19, 05:18 PM
Āita gives a soft laugh and shakes her head. "Quite the contrary, Zac. The Uldra exist across many places and planes, and I have to deal with them all. This.. cataclysm that has occurred to the God's power." she looks down for a moment, frowning in concern. When she looks back up to Zac, her impish features are creased with worry. "Many will be celebrating, but it worries me, and this conference - well, I don't even know my preferred outcome. Heaven and Hell against the Abyss may be appealing initially, but it worries me what will be sacrificed for it. We make peace, so that we may go to war."

Ah, I wouldn't worry too much about it. First it's one alliance, then another, then soon enough things will be stable enough that all the grumpy old bastards can go back to sitting on their shiny thrones and bickering, just as we like it! As long as the material plane comes out alright, I'm happy.

Storyteller_Arc
2019-02-21, 04:11 PM
She had heard stories about them.

No, that wasn’t entirely true. Thunder had heard stories about them. Heard stories of myths and legends, stories and moments that worked its way into their home, despite the fact they were cut off from the multiverse. Some of them could be ascribed to their two creators yes, to Flare, their leader and mentor who had been so willing to share everything she knew, and from Malicious. The tyrant who was once not, his stories have been passed down from generation to generation, each time more distorted and twisted from the truth. Yet never to the extent that time could not be peeled away, and the truth of it revealed to them.

So, yes. Xena was in a room, standing amongst beings she had heard about only in the stories... stories which Thunder shared to her as her interested shifted to one to the other. An Olethros Mother. An incredibly rare Olethros who was able to give birth to others of her kind... and what was an Olethros? A Psychopomp: The guards and bureaucrats of the dead. Guiding the death from the martial plane to the plane of the dead, where they are then judged and sent to a plane worthy of their lot in life. A force of pure neutrality, stark against the conflicting sides of Good and Evil.

She was surprised to see some Fey to be found here, such an alliance and treaty was a thing of order, of Law. Xena did not have the greatest grasp of the Fey, but even without Thunder’s teachings, she knew that they were infamous for their fickle and capricious nature. Not all of them, of course, but enough her to know they were beings of Chaos, more than Law. Yet, it was understandable, was it not? This meeting, this arrangement and treaty... it was unlikely anything that had ever happened in the entire history of the multiverse in all of its wonder and power. As far as Xena was to understand, the great loss of power to the Gods, and so many beings similar to them was unlike anything she - or Thunder - had ever known!

The only exception which Thunder recall was within the realm of Abeir-Toril, the story of the ‘Time of Troubles’. Or perhaps the ‘Arrival’, ‘Godswar’ or ‘Avatar Crisis’ if you will, even if Xena did not understand the former. Here, the Gods had been forced into a mortal form, all except for the God of Protection, Helm. A Lawful Neutral Intermediate Deity known as ‘Vigilant One’ or ‘the Watcher’, who had been selected as their Overgod to guard the Gate of Heaven. Yet, that was different, as the Gods were mortal then, and very vulnerable. Now? Whilst much less in power than before, they were still far beyond what Xena would call mortal...

Good. Evil. Lawful. Chaos. Demi-Gods, Intermediate Deities, Overgods... Xena rubbed her head, very aware of her headache. She and Thunder had been going over stories and learnings like this for days. Yet even now, Xena struggled to grapple with the enormity and implications of it. If Good and Evil were less concepts, and more definitive forces of the multiverse. How much of their choices were actually their own, and how much was laid out by the nature they were born with? Apparently, mortals like her weren’t born with such a nature, but ‘Outsiders’, denizens of the other Planes, were? Through supposedly it's possible to actually defeat that nature, and turn against it? She was... she was getting off track. Xena turning her attention back to the meeting, trying to focus on what was happening, rather than who was here.

Through... there was just so much going on now. Someone had approached the Olethros Mother, someone who looked mortal, yet at the same time, not. As if they were some perfect version of what mortals might be... the great gold dragon, a ‘canary’ of Bahamut, the Platinum Dragon, seemed to had taken an interest in something, or likely someone in the room. Likely have a mental communication of some sort, as it seemed that there were hundreds of psionics and telepathic conversations in this room at the time. Then there was a Fey that looked as if they were made out of pure ice, conversing with a human that looked all the world like a ship’s captain of some description, so out of place amongst all these other beings around them...

Xena felt small. Very. very small, and all she can do was stay at the back, keeping her head moving as she tried to figure out what to do, and if she should even be here... with her hand running through the fur of her loyal companion. Very glad to have Thunder by her side, as she likely would have given up a long time ago. As it was... all she could do was try and spot, or hear something that really caught her attention.

Not that she felt there was much chance of that happening any time soon.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

JMS
2019-02-22, 06:53 AM
"Right. Need to visit that place once, thoroughly. Taldor the prime, like Golarion, not Taldor the kingdom like Taldor in Golarion. For the matter the fact that several pockets of Taldor have sprung up in the multiverse, all claiming to be Taldor, doesn't help. I live in the Taldorian republic now, there are potentially other Taldorian republics, with which we are attempting to establish diplomatic relationships. Infinite multiverse and all. The only link that comes to mind between Taldor, in Golarion, and my Taldor would be if the Taldor founders had come from my prime and taken the name with them. Powerful magics fit the bill but other than that the time and the description of the people doesn't appear to match. So I have normally chalked it to casualty not causality.

It's been a digression that he has already had.
Ah... If I may inquire further, what happened to your nation?

Farsenarenthy stops with the sudden movement of Archeons and Devas. She thinks for a moment before responding. She wasn't specifically told not to mention why she was here after all. "I was asked to attend by a cabal of older dragons; to ensure nothing ends up changing between the Chromatics and Metallics. They vested in me the power of overlords should anything go wrong. Though, to be honest I am more concerned with keeping of this from leaking into the material plane. I don't think the humanoid races would fair well if that were to happen."
I see. I will be sure to take your first mission in consideration, but can not provide any promises. I have similar goals for the material plane, but anything is worth it to destroy the abyss

QuadraticGish
2019-02-25, 08:24 PM
Farsenarenthy is taken back by the gold dragon's statement, stunned by the implications. That's a very dangerous mindset. The Abyss isn't worth destroying if it costs an entire plane's worth of lives.

thethird
2019-02-26, 03:51 PM
Ah... If I may inquire further, what happened to your nation?

In another plane of existence a man all too similar to the one standing in front of the Olethros mother smiles a cold grin that doesn't even register in his eyes. He looks around himself, instantly adjusting to seeing the world with his own eyes. He looks at his ten assistants, each a minister on their own right, an expert on their field and shrugs.

His thoughts mingle with those around him. Having a conversation in what amounts to the batting of an eye. The ancient head psion, the representative of the spymaster's guild, rally behind the vocalic field marshal against giving a full answer. The merchant prince and the adventurous historian argue for an honest answer. Only the faith minister argues for sharing all the information they have.

Ultimately the chance of recovering lost souls is weighted against the chances of someone eavesdropping their thoughts on the room and somehow growing interested in replicating what had brought down Taldor. Yes, they risked the Olethros withholding information on lost Taldorian souls. But it was apparent that the Olethros didn't have that information at the moment. The request of the faith minister to use the chance to negotiate an interview with the psychopomp patrons was contemplated, and digested. Chancing another material plane breaking down though was beyond contemplation.

The republic's court talked at the speed of thought. So barely an instant passed before the body in Sigil replied his thoughts towards the Olethros mother.

"What eventually happens to all kingdoms. It disintegrated. Many died then. So if perchance your kin or your patrons could help ease those that remain my people would be thankful."

JMS
2019-02-27, 08:35 AM
Farsenarenthy is taken back by the gold dragon's statement, stunned by the implications. That's a very dangerous mindset. The Abyss isn't worth destroying if it costs an entire plane's worth of lives.
Oh, it wouldn't be the whole plane, but Demons have footholds there, and those would need to be dealt with. At a twitch of his tail, the Archrons begin to move towards you, a solid signal that the talk is done.

In another plane of existence a man all too similar to the one standing in front of the Olethros mother smiles a cold grin that doesn't even register in his eyes. He looks around himself, instantly adjusting to seeing the world with his own eyes. He looks at his ten assistants, each a minister on their own right, an expert on their field and shrugs.

His thoughts mingle with those around him. Having a conversation in what amounts to the batting of an eye. The ancient head psion, the representative of the spymaster's guild, rally behind the vocalic field marshal against giving a full answer. The merchant prince and the adventurous historian argue for an honest answer. Only the faith minister argues for sharing all the information they have.

Ultimately the chance of recovering lost souls is weighted against the chances of someone eavesdropping their thoughts on the room and somehow growing interested in replicating what had brought down Taldor. Yes, they risked the Olethros withholding information on lost Taldorian souls. But it was apparent that the Olethros didn't have that information at the moment. The request of the faith minister to use the chance to negotiate an interview with the psychopomp patrons was contemplated, and digested. Chancing another material plane breaking down though was beyond contemplation.

The republic's court talked at the speed of thought. So barely an instant passed before the body in Sigil replied his thoughts towards the Olethros mother.

"What eventually happens to all kingdoms. It disintegrated. Many died then. So if perchance your kin or your patrons could help ease those that remain my people would be thankful."
Ah. I will look into it, but I fear that my queens will be busy soon, and we will not have freedom to investigate. I will contact you later for more details, if a modified Sending works?

Stevesciguy
2019-02-27, 04:42 PM
During a lull in the conversation, Zak notices a person against the far wall, having no conversation and looking quite uncomfortable.

"Ach, poor lass, doesn't seem like she's familiar with anyone here. What do you say we introduce ourselves?"

Without waiting for a response from the icy grandmother, Zak crosses the length of the room in the blink of an eye.

"Hello there, lass! Didn't expect to see many others from the material here, much less another human!"

Zak's eyes quickly lock onto the glowing blue runes around Xena's head.

"...er, Illumian. Ah, close enough. The name is Stormcaptain Zak Drake, and yours?"

With these words, Zak stretches out a hand to shake.

QuadraticGish
2019-03-03, 12:30 PM
Farsenarenthy frowns, giving the dragon a hard glare with her eyes shining a bright red for a split second before... nothing. She glances at his guard, unintimidated, before turning around and leaving the dragon behind; despite her temptations to make rude hand gestures at them all. Out of the corner of her however, she notices something she picks out as unusual- a human. Her curiosity peaking, she decides to get closer, but hangs back a bit once she realizes he's already in conversation.

Storyteller_Arc
2019-03-05, 02:33 PM
As it turned out, Xena did not need to wait for something to take hold of her attention enough that she would follow up on it. Instead, she herself, in all of her mundanity, had been able to attract the attention of others. Purely because of her mundanity. So intent was Xena on surveying the room, on the lookout for something engaging to approach, or any potential threat that needed to be investigated. That she actually missed approach of the other most mundane individual in the room. At the very least, until they spoke to her.

Noticeably jumping at this startling address, Xena was a bit... flustered, both at their sudden introduction, her own surprise at their introduction. Hence, she wasn’t able to find her tongue in time at the greeting. Especially as she had no idea why this man had stuck his hand out towards her like that. So, it, unfortunately, fell to her companion to speak first.

“By Mali’s balls, your actually a sailor.”

“Thunder!” Xena snapped, confident she was turning pink as she turned to scold the tiger by her side. One who looked back at her unrepentant.

“What? We’re rubbing shoulders with dragons and angels and demons and fey and we have an actual sailor approach us, speaking like he just jumped out of a swashbuckling novel! Aren’t you curious about what he’s doing here?”

“Thunder, simply because you have a desire to learn more about the curious individuals that can be found within this chamber, a desire that I share in with uttermost passion. Does not excuse the uncouth and inappropriate means of address of this desire, and the language that you chose to-”

“Ah come of it Xena, we both know that we’ve had our fa-”

“NICE TO MEET YOU DRAKE!” Xena interrupted loudly, very confident that she was no longer pink, but very, very red, as she turned back to the waiting human. Talking loudly and quickly in order to make sure that Thunder wouldn’t have any time left to speak as she actually introduced herself to Zak. “I am Xena, and this uncouth beast is known Shadow of the Thunder’s Roar, or Thunder for short. As it is, however, I find I must correct you on an assumption. I come not from a Martial Plane, as you yourself have done so. My home was a demiplane, one that has recently lost its creator and god. May I inquire what brings you to this place? Are you representing your entire Martial Plane for the creation of this treaty?”

Stevesciguy
2019-03-05, 03:35 PM
"Indeed, I am a sailor! The best one, too; if you can find one better than me, I'll eat my fancy hat!" This, he says with a smirk and a flourish of the aforementioned hat.

"Nice to meet you Xena, Thunder. Apologies for my assumption of your origin; despite all my travels, I've yet to visit every demiplane there is. It would be a bit, er... presumptuous of me to claim to represent the entirety of the material planes, although if more of their people do not come, that task may fall to me, anyway. In particular, I represent a small island near the equator of my planet. I am here because a war of this scale would inevitably render my lovely island home significantly less lovely, and I refuse to let that happen.

You mentioned that your demiplane had lost its creator and god? Why are you here then?"

Storyteller_Arc
2019-03-11, 09:15 AM
“You don’t even represent a single martial plane, and yet you are asking me why I’m here?” Xena said, lifting an eyebrow at Zak’s reply. The pointed question having her cross her arms as she levelled him with a flat stare. “You represent nothing but a small, tiny island. One that I doubt is off much significance to the plane that you are from. A martial plane that most likely has an entire pantheon of gods to worship and that would be willing to step in and protect your home from an outside threat. Yet here I stand, representing an entire demiplane, one without any form of divine protection at all. And you believe you have the right to question my right and purpose of being here?”

Xena would stare at Zak with narrowed eyes, waiting for his reply. Through the effect would be ruined somewhat by how Thunder would glance back and forth between them, then knock his head against Xena’s hip, nearly toppling her over in her surprise. ‘Xena, come on! Don’t go around making enemies already!’ He whined into her mind, pushing against her leg more when Xena ignored him. The Illumian trying to keep her composure and posture even as the large Ghost Tiger continued to butt his head and shoulder against her body.

Stevesciguy
2019-03-11, 12:28 PM
"Ah, apologies, I should've been clearer. What I meant was that with an event that cataclysmic to your people, I would've imagined that someone of your stature would want to remain there in order to organize, assist, lead, whatever is needed to reduce the impact. I intended to question why you were here rather than attending to your demiplane, not questioning your right to be here."

Zak's face takes on a more stern expression.

"As for my representative status... each material plane is composed of hundreds - if not thousands - of individual factions, each with their own desires and goals. Anyone who claims to represent an entire material plane is either lying, or delusional. As one of the most powerful beings from my material plane, I could claim to represent the entirety, but I know that realistically I can only speak for those people who have chosen to follow me."

Zak's expression once again softens.

"I didn't mean to offend with my question. Perhaps I could get you a drink? What's your favorite?"

Genth
2019-03-11, 02:41 PM
Quietly, in the background, Nolus-Āita watches Zac completely fail to act in a normal fashion with a slight smirk, and only once he asks about the drinks does the ice-creature walk forwards, placing an unearthly cold hand on the Captain's back and inclining her head to Xena.

"Apologies for the Captain here, he has the gift of the gab, to be sure, but sometimes he talks himself off cliffs." she says, before smiling and continuing. "Mind if I join you for more than rescuing Zac? I am Nolus-Āita, Great-Grandmother of the Uldra, and it is lovely to meet you child." she says, quite kindly and friendly, despite the use of the word child, it is in an entirely genuine way.

Storyteller_Arc
2019-03-13, 12:07 PM
Xena listened to Zak’s apologises and explanation without batting an eye, keeping her stern expression and level gaze on the Captain throughout, not allowing her thoughts or emotions to be seen as best she can. Her companion, of course, would very visibly react to what Zak was saying to them. Sagging in clear and genuine relief when he explained why he had questioned Xena’s presence. The question not meant to carry any intent on questioning whenever or not she had heard the right to be amongst the divine and the infernal. Simply why she was not at her home, doing when she can to help and aid her people in the restoration efforts.

When Zak went on, explaining how most material planes were made up of hundreds, or thousands of different factions. Thunder would perk up, ears swivelling forwards to drink up every word that Zak had to say about this. A thoughtful rumble echoing in his deep-set chest as Zak stated that anyone who claimed to be the representative to an entire martial plane was either insane or flat-out lying to them. With Thunder glancing back meaningfully at Xena at this, through Xena did not spare him even the slightest look. Then came the offer for a drink.

Xena grimaced. Even as Thunder gasped and practically bounced on the spot in glee.

Sure, they were then joined by an associate of the good Captian, and Xena glanced at her companion at this introduction. Thunder soon giving her a brief explanation as to what the Uldra were, before he would turn his attention back to Captian. “I would love a drink! Xena here is a spoilsport and doesn’t drink, something bout how a warrior should always be prepared to fight, likely said in a much more pretenious way than that, but I would love a drink! And if your a drinking man Captian, and more used to these other planes than we are, perhaps you could give me a recommendation? I must admit I am fascinated in trying out some of the beverages. What would you suggest: Angel, Devil, Dragon or Fey? I know the Fey probably have the craziest drinks, but I’m honestly curious by what the Bright and Holy lads drink in their off time!”

Whilst Thunder gave his... enthusiastic, answer. Xena would pinch her nose, taking a deep breath as she closed her eyes. Obviously more than familiar with her companion’s antics, enough to predict how events were likely going to play out if Thunder got his way. Still, Xena wouldn’t deny his request, nor his explanation of why she didn’t drink. Instead, opening her eyes and giving Nolus-Āita her best attempt at a diplomatic smile. “It is an honour to meet you, Grandmother, and I will be delighted to enjoy your company.” Very well said, but not ungenuine either, though she would soon turn her attention back to Zak. “As for you, Captain. Apology accepted. I am here, not only because there are others more suited to that task. That, and I desire to learn just how he lost his power before his demise.”

Xena is telling the truth about her reasons for leaving the Deminplane, yet she is not fully telling the truth about the matter either.

Stevesciguy
2019-03-13, 04:48 PM
"Wonderful! Glad we got that sorted out."

Zak then turns his attention to Thunder.

"Well, if you're looking for a drink from the Upper Planes, Ysgard is the only way to go!"

Zak holds up an empty hand, and a highly embellished bottle simply appears in his grasp. For a moment, the smell of ozone grows stronger.

"A bottle of ale from the dwarves of Ysgard, won't find better just about anywhere else. The name of the brew escapes me. Bought it a week ago, just for you! Er... should I get a bowl, or somesuch?"

This is a use of retroactive preparation, which costs a spell point. Let me know about how much this should cost.

Genth
2019-03-14, 04:24 AM
Āita frowns for a moment, small flecks of ice falling as her forehead creases. "A worry indeed. But alas..." she glances at the room at large, "I don't believe these people truly wish to find out. They are far more enamoured of the power they can now wield." she sighs before giving her head a sad shake and looking back up smiling "Enough of that. As for drinks, I will have some Arcadian tea, if possible."

Storyteller_Arc
2019-03-18, 09:03 AM
“Ysgard, The Heroic Domains.” Thunder ruminating, thinking over the glass of alcohol that was now being offered to him. Before the cat would pause, glancing up at the Captain with a small huff. “Couldn’t you have offered me Mead instead of Ale? I mean, sure. The so-called ‘Mead of the Gods’ of Gladsheim isn’t exactly going to be available for mortals such as ourselves, even in this current age of weakened gods! But couldn’t you have at least pretend to get me the Mead of the Gods? As how awesome would have that been!?” With that declaration from the apparently upset and whining tiger over, Thunder would suddenly smile with a cheerful nod as he said. “And a bowl you be appreciated thank you very much.”

Meanwhile, Xena had just decided to ignore Thunder and Zak with their conversation about mead and ale and whatever else they discussed. Instead, now that she had apologized to Zak, she could turn her attention fully to Āita, tilting her head when she decided to change the subject. “Why can’t we talk about it anymore? Let these Celestials and Infernals worry about what they can do with this sudden shift in power. Someone’s got to try and find out why it happened, and most likely how as well.” A small pause, before Xena would grudgingly ask. “Is Arcadian tea safe for a mortal to drink?”

Genth
2019-03-18, 03:59 PM
Āita smiles kindly, and holds up a sparkling, ice-clear hand. "I am not exactly mortal any more dear, but as for you... as long as you ask them to steep it for only two minutes instead of five, it should do no worse than particularly vivid dreams tonight." she says, finding a clear table and beckoning the group over to it. Settling down to wait for her tea, she closes her eyes for a moment in thought. "As for the the question... well, I have followed a few mysteries in my time." she leans forwards, studying the woman's face carefully. "Do you have anything to start your investigation child? This has been my problem - there is nowhere to begin looking."

Stevesciguy
2019-03-18, 04:52 PM
"Ach, lass, I'm not a bartender!", Zak says jokingly, before whipping his gleaming bronze tail from behind to take the Ysgardian bottle from his hand.

The smell of ozone intensifies again; this time a nicely crafted, if simple, wooden bowl appears in one hand, while an ornate wooden box appears in the other.

Zak trades the bowl and bottle, lowering the bowl to the ground with his tail, before using it to pry the cork out. His tail once again takes hold of the bottle, pouring a healthy serving of the ale, while Zak opens the box in his hands, revealing several nicely made teabags.

"Here you are ladies, got these just the other day, specially for you. I'm sure Grandmother Āita here can handle the cups and hot water."

That was the creation sphere create basic power, and another retroactive preparation. That's another 2 spell points, and probably another 100 gold. At this rate, I'm gonna be out of spell points before we're even done talking:smalltongue:

thethird
2019-03-18, 05:39 PM
[COLOR="#2F4F4F"]Ah. I will look into it, but I fear that my queens will be busy soon, and we will not have freedom to investigate. I will contact you later for more details, if a modified Sending works?

Adannos nods and smiles. "It sure does. I hope your queens issues get resolved. Times ahead are uncertain but I hope nothing alters the rest of the departed. Good luck with negotiations, let me know if I can be of further assistance while I am around."

With that the half giant looks around, a group are loudly comenting on drinks and beverages, something that he finds refreshing and he approaches them. They are a motled party, a... half dragon? dressed as an explorer and mariner, what appears to be a humanoid elemental, a young woman and a ghostly tiger.

As he approaches he can't help but eavesdrop the conversation.

"Do you have anything to start your investigation child? This has been my problem - there is nowhere to begin looking."

By the time he arrives they are sharing tea and pleasantries but he feels free to chime in.

"The time of troubles, on Toril, 1358 DR" Having access to several scholars and libraries on his head Adannos sometimes spouts random trivia. ""It was similar enough. Although localized to a single prime material." He shrugs and blinks, then adds. ""Sorry for the intrusion, I am Adannos."

QuadraticGish
2019-03-19, 12:02 PM
“Why can’t we talk about it anymore? Let these Celestials and Infernals worry about what they can do with this sudden shift in power. Someone’s got to try and find out why it happened, and most likely how as well.” A small pause, before Xena would grudgingly ask. “Is Arcadian tea safe for a mortal to drink?”

"I hope you all don't mind coming in like this." Farsenarenthy says, walking to join the group. "But I think all should take caution with the shift of power. Some here seem all too happy to make unwilling sacrifices if it means victory."

Genth
2019-03-19, 05:07 PM
Āita gives a soft laugh as she accepts the box of teabags. "Not to put you down dear, but usually we prefer loose leaf" she says, winking at Zak before giving the box a deep sniff. "You'll be having it Uldra style then." she says, and concentrates for a moment, waving a hand as two smooth cups and one teapot form on the table, made apparently from ice, dark blue and shimmering slightly.

These are made from Blue Ice, a heat-resistant ice that is also as hard as steel. 1 SP used.

Slowly and carefully, ignoring the others gathering around, the Ice-Creature holds a hand over the teapot, steam rising as she drops three teabags into it, the water starting to glow slightly, shimmering through the deep blue of the teapot, as the Arcadian Tea begins its usual display of colour. She settles back, smiling as it starts to brew, nodding in greeting to the other pair.

"Ironic, no? That these supposed servants and messengers of the Gods leap like hyenas on the abandoned positions of their masters."

JMS
2019-03-19, 05:39 PM
The bustle of the meeting continues around you
You see the domed ceiling sparking, about 60 feet off the ground
The sparks seem to indicate portal opening spells, trying to guess at a gatekey.
One celestial diplomat's shadow has a knife!

Genth
2019-03-19, 05:50 PM
Nolus-Āita suddenly stiffens, looking upwards towards the Domed Ceiling. Closing her eyes for a moment, she focuses her perception on the flickers she sees, trying to discern something.

Not 100% sure if this works, but using Divine Planeshift to try and pinpoint the destination/origin of the portals being used, 2 spell points used as standard action.

Stevesciguy
2019-03-19, 06:10 PM
Adannos nods and smiles. "It sure does. I hope your queens issues get resolved. Times ahead are uncertain but I hope nothing alters the rest of the departed. Good luck with negotiations, let me know if I can be of further assistance while I am around."

With that the half giant looks around, a group are loudly comenting on drinks and beverages, something that he finds refreshing and he approaches them. They are a motled party, a... half dragon? dressed as an explorer and mariner, what appears to be a humanoid elemental, a young woman and a ghostly tiger.

As he approaches he can't help but eavesdrop the conversation.

By the time he arrives they are sharing tea and pleasantries but he feels free to chime in.

"The time of troubles, on Toril, 1358 DR" Having access to several scholars and libraries on his head Adannos sometimes spouts random trivia. ""It was similar enough. Although localized to a single prime material." He shrugs and blinks, then adds. ""Sorry for the intrusion, I am Adannos."

"I hope you all don't mind coming in like this." Farsenarenthy says, walking to join the group. "But I think all should take caution with the shift of power. Some here seem all too happy to make unwilling sacrifices if it means victory."

"Captain Zak Drake, glad to meet the both of you! Could I interest you in some Ysgardian ale, or perhaps Arcadian tea? I was in Arborea last month, perhaps something from there might suit your tastes?"

All the while he says this, Zak has taken to absent-mindedly juggling a few teabags between his hands and tail.

However, he is momentarily distracted by:

Nolus-Āita suddenly stiffens, looking upwards towards the Domed Ceiling. Closing her eyes for a moment, she focuses her perception on the flickers she sees, trying to discern something.

Not 100% sure if this works, but using Divine Planeshift to try and pinpoint the destination/origin of the portals being used, 2 spell points used as standard action.

"Āita, is everything alright?"

thethird
2019-03-19, 06:32 PM
Adanos follows the gaze of the ice lady and his face stiffens as he identifies what is going on.

"Looks like someone couldn't wait to leap till the party was over."

Meanwhile, far away from there Adanos blinks with a different set of eyes. He looks at his assistants that have still not realized what is going on even as his mind compels them.

"Prepare for trouble."

His hands, his true hands, move all too slightly when manifesting the first power. The space closes to him shimmers with psychic feedback as the affinity field latches into place surrounding those around him. With the loop in place he sends a jolt of power that activates everyone around. The ministers are jolted into action.

I am assuming that Adanos gets action even if this is the surprise round, he is in god of the hourglass stance (all riven hourglass stances for that matter) which lets him act on surprise rounds.

He is spending a standard action to manifest an affinity field around himself (his real body) wrapping in his 10 11th lvl followers (should have found time to state them sorry :smallfrown:) who are at least capable of manifesting bestow power (and augmenting) bestow power. Then he is manifesting an augmented synchronicity giving himself and all the followers a standard action (whenever they want).

PP spent 20.

Also, on special senses Adanos has mindsight up, in case something intelligent and new comes into the party

JMS
2019-03-20, 07:00 AM
Suddenly, the figure following Farsenarenthy twitches, and sprints for Grumar. As they burst through the line of Archons, the figure changes into a second Gold Dragon. Grumar roars. "You killed our assistant."

Moments later, the portal surges to life, dropping dozens of demons to the floor. The entire room explodes into chaos, as people start throwing spells and effects. Most are aimed at the demons, but others... go wide, or seem to be aimed elsewhere.

Big Demons initiative [roll0] (They haven't charged out of the crowd yet.)
Simulating the spells and abilities:
DC 65 Fort each round or be knocked prone, and moved 30 ft. in a random direction.
DC 65 reflex save each round, or take 20 damage of Fire, Acid, Sonic, Cold and Electric each, halved on a successful save. (That should be 100 a round, if not for resistances)
DC 65 Will each round or take a -2 penalty to all saves, which stacks.
AC higher than: [roll1] or take [roll2] piercing, slashing and bludgeoning

thethird
2019-03-20, 12:47 PM
Suddenly, the figure following Farsenarenthy twitches, and sprints for Grumar. As they burst through the line of Archons, the figure changes into a second Gold Dragon. Grumar roars. "You killed our assistant."

Moments later, the portal surges to life, dropping dozens of demons to the floor. The entire room explodes into chaos, as people start throwing spells and effects. Most are aimed at the demons, but others... go wide, or seem to be aimed elsewhere.

Big Demons initiative [roll0] (They haven't charged out of the crowd yet.)
Simulating the spells and abilities:
DC 65 Fort each round or be knocked prone, and moved 30 ft. in a random direction.
DC 65 reflex save each round, or take 20 damage of Fire, Acid, Sonic, Cold and Electric each, halved on a successful save. (That should be 100 a round, if not for resistances)
DC 65 Will each round or take a -2 penalty to all saves, which stacks.
AC higher than: [roll1] or take [roll2] piercing, slashing and bludgeoning

The hands of the Adanos in Sigil suddenly flare with golden light that materializes in two regal cestus engraved each with a lion's head. He uses one of his hands to swat away the incoming attacks, even deflecting some, while with the other he reaches for the offered drinks.

"Your good old tavern brawl isn't as fun without drinks. I'll pick some of the ale, more thematic. If you don't mind. Would you like to try some Taldorian fire water?"

As he speaks a waitress of akashic and psychic energy manifests besides him with a bottle resting on a tray along with several short glasses.

Saves:
Fort: [roll0] (if 1 [roll1]) + 72 = 88
Ref: [roll2] (if 1 [roll3]) + 73 = 89 (I assume evasion works against this)
Will: [roll4] (if 1 [roll5]) + 72 = 87
AC: Passes, but if it is a ranged attack for funsies Adanos reflects it back to the attacker.

I assume several enemies just generated AoOs from Adanos. If someone is obviously an enemy, and close enough they are up for a smacking.

Genth
2019-03-20, 02:48 PM
Fort - Spending 8 Potential Points - [roll0]
Reflex - Spending 5 Potential Points - [roll1] - With Improved Evasion
Will - [roll2]

Also worthwhile noting I have SR 47

Nolus Āita sighs at the violence, giving her head a small shake, and takes a step backwards, vanishing in a flurry of snowflakes only to appear near the back of the room, but between the roughly made devil and angel sides, turning in a slow circle with one hand pointed out, a ring of frost rising up and floating in the air delicately. "Safety, for those who would not shed blood." she calls out, floating a little off the ground, arms folded.

Warp Stepping 100ft as Move Action
Casting an Undying Obstinance Bound Consecration - 40ft diameter circle where no creature can die from HP Loss or become disabled or dying. 3 SP to make it last 15 rounds and be 40ft.

Stevesciguy
2019-03-20, 04:18 PM
Zak gives the remaining people in the group a goofy grin.

"Aha! Finally, something exciting is happening! Let's get these wings stretched out."

With those words, Zak stretches out his wings, gleaming canvases of bronze about 15 feet across.

"See if you can keep up."

And the world comes to a stop. For Zak at least.

Casually flying/strolling throughout the room as it suits him, Zak lacerates demons one by one, sending them back to the abyss.

For the rest of the world, a bronze streak sparking with lightning screams across the room, bouncing haphazardly from demon to demon as they fall. None have any time to react to the human as he seemingly runs circles around them, just for the fun of it.

Aaaand now it's time for the avalanche of dice. I'll roll it, then format it for readability.

Saves, Zak has Evasion and mettle:
Fort: [roll0]
Reflex: [roll1]
Will: [roll2]

What he's going to do is go to a demon, hit it until it's dead, move to the next one, hit it till it's dead, until he runs out of attacks. A few assumptions:
-I moved 20ft before my first attack
-you said these are demons, so I'm assuming they're evil
-Zak has an ability that allows him to move twice his full speed and make a full attack with the attacks spread out along his path as he wants. I'm using this to split up my attacks so I only hit a demon as many times as I need to to kill it
-technically I get more damage the more I move, but that is just way too fiddly to work that out, so I'm not adding it in

Action Usage:
Regular Full Round Action: moving full attack
Man of Action(Full Round): moving full attack
Perpetual Options Standard Action: boosted to full round with spotlight, then moving full attack
Stretch Time move actions: combined into Standard, boosted to full round with spotlight, then moving full attack
Swift action: stand up from prone

Enemies make two DC 33 will saves, if they fail either one, they focus all of their attention on me

Full attack 1:
1.[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

2.[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]

3.[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

4.[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]

5.[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]

6.[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]

7.[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]

8.[roll31]
[roll32]
[roll33]
[roll34]

9.[roll35]
[roll36]
[roll37]
[roll38]

10.[roll39]
[roll40]
[roll41]
[roll42]

11.[roll43]
[roll44]
[roll45]
[roll46]

12.[roll47]
[roll48]
[roll49]
[roll50]

Full attack 2:
1.[roll51]
[roll52]
[roll53]
[roll54]

2.[roll55]
[roll56]
[roll57]
[roll58]

3.[roll59]
[roll60]
[roll61]
[roll62]

4.[roll63]
[roll64]
[roll65]
[roll66]

5.[roll67]
[roll68]
[roll69]
[roll70]

6.[roll71]
[roll72]
[roll73]
[roll74]

7.[roll75]
[roll76]
[roll77]
[roll78]

8.[roll79]
[roll80]
[roll81]
[roll82]

9.[roll83]
[roll84]
[roll85]
[roll86]

10.[roll87]
[roll88]
[roll89]
[roll90]

11.[roll91]
[roll92]
[roll93]
[roll94]

12.[roll95]
[roll96]
[roll97]
[roll98]

Full attack 3:
1.[roll99]
[roll100]
[roll101]
[roll102]

2.[roll103]
[roll104]
[roll105]
[roll106]

3.[roll107]
[roll108]
[roll109]
[roll110]

4.[roll111]
[roll112]
[roll113]
[roll114]

5.[roll115]
[roll116]
[roll117]
[roll118]

6.[roll119]
[roll120]
[roll121]
[roll122]

7.[roll123]
[roll124]
[roll125]
[roll126]

8.[roll127]
[roll128]
[roll129]
[roll130]

9.[roll131]
[roll132]
[roll133]
[roll134]

10.[roll135]
[roll136]
[roll137]
[roll138]

11.[roll139]
[roll140]
[roll141]
[roll142]

12.[roll143]
[roll144]
[roll145]
[roll146]

Full attack 4:
1.[roll147]
[roll148]
[roll149]
[roll150]

2.[roll151]
[roll152]
[roll153]
[roll154]

3.[roll155]
[roll156]
[roll157]
[roll158]

4.[roll159]
[roll160]
[roll161]
[roll162]

5.[roll163]
[roll164]
[roll165]
[roll166]

6.[roll167]
[roll168]
[roll169]
[roll170]

7.[roll171]
[roll172]
[roll173]
[roll174]

8.[roll175]
[roll176]
[roll177]
[roll178]

9.[roll179]
[roll180]
[roll181]
[roll182]

10.[roll183]
[roll184]
[roll185]
[roll186]

11.[roll187]
[roll188]
[roll189]
[roll190]

12.[roll191]
[roll192]
[roll193]
[roll194]

Let's hope I didn't forget anything

Edit: formatting attacks for ease of reading. Format is:
Attack Roll(confirmation roll if Threatens critical) - total damage(how much of that is electric damage)

Full Attack 1:
1. 102 - 97(16)
2. 92 - 109(18)
3. 102 - 103(16)
4. 102 - 102(16)
5. 104 - 97(17)
6. 98 - 102(14)
7. 93 - 91(15)
8. 97 - 92(17)
9. 95 - 94(18)
10. 94 - 99(19)
11. 105(103) - 100(16)
12. 96 - 106(18)

Full Attack 2:
1. 110(100) - 107(19)
2. 93 - 100(14)
3. 102 - 90(14)
4. Natural 1
5. 103 - 103(19)
6. 88 - 98(17)
7. 95 - 96(19)
8. 88 - 93(14)
9. 98 - 94(15)
10. 104 - 97(18)
11. 93 - 105(16)
12. 91 - 95(16)

Full Attack 3:
1. 92 - 98(19)
2. 101 - 94(17)
3. 99 - 101(17)
4. 98 - 105(17)
5. Nat 20(104) - 99(14)
6. Natural 1
7. 95 - 98(19)
8. 90 - 108(19)
9. 105(92) - 95(17)
10. 96 - 98(17)
11. 92 - 93(17)
12. 92 - 102(14)

Full Attack 4:
1. 94 - 89(14)
2. 105 - 104(18)
3. Nat 20(98) - 96(14)
4. 94 - 102(16)
5. 103 - 95(19)
6. 98 - 90(15)
7. 88 - 106(18)
8. 96 - 102(16)
9. 89 - 106(18)
10. 89 - 99(16)
11. Nat 20(101) - 104(14)
12. 94 - 106(19)

QuadraticGish
2019-03-20, 07:01 PM
Farsenarenthy stalls for a moment, as visions go through her mind. She reflexively snaps fingers, unleashing a haste effect onto the small group she had scant time knowing. Glaring upward she draws her blade and shield and fades away, allowing a field of force to shield her presence away from the light. The dragons then takes off immediately into the air, quickly closing into the portal. Once within her range, she points her blade at the portal, closing it off with a seal portal. Pushing herself to the limits of her speed, she instantly moves in front for Gruemar, erecting a wall of force in between her and the new gold dragon. "What is going on with you two!? There's no time for this!" she shouts over the rigors of battle

If it's magical, Farsenarenthy has evasion for the save and will create temporary spell levels or spell points if possible.
Initiative: 11+60=71
Fort Save: 11+80=91
Reflex Save: 11+61=72
Will Save: 11+59=70

Farsenarenthy takes 5 Fire, Cold, and Acid damage, but it's shuffled into her Delayed Damage Pool.

Free Action: Unsuppress her Frightful Presence toward all foes. Range: 450 ft, DC 50 Will Save. Affects all non-dragons that have less than 30 HD. 4 or less HD enemies are panicked for [roll0] and 5+ are shaken for [roll1] rounds respectively.
Free Action: Draw her long sword and heavy shield.
Free Action: Cast Haste via her Know the Trick SLAs, targeting the party.
Free Action: Unsuppress her Invisible Force feature. (Acts as permanent Greater Invisibility)
Free Action: Spend 1 mythic power to gain extra standard action.
Move Action: Fly within Close range of the portal.
Standard Action: Activate Dragon Magic to cast Silent Still Seal Portal at the portal the demons are using to reinforce. Dragon Magic Cooldown: [roll2]
Move Action: (God of the Hourglass Stance): Expend Martial Focus to activate Flash Step to move in front of Gruemar, facing against the new gold dragon.
Standard Action(Amazing Initiative): Expend one of her daily uses of Wall of Force to separate the two. 30 10ft. cubes(for an effective area of 30,000ft.), the wall dimensions are 50L*10w*60h.

Notes
1 MP Spent
1 Use of Wall of Force spent
Can only use Seal Portal through Dragon Magic one more time.
If she sees a dispel magic heading towards the portal, she will attempt to make an opposed spellcraft check to commandeer the spell and return it to the caster. Otherwise, she will commandeer any negative spell that will harm her. Limited to 2/turn. Spellcraft checks(if necessary) 11+84=95.
Any melee attacks against her will be countered via the Parry feat with her own melee attacks. 11+87=98
Via Best of the Best, Farsenarenthy will take 11 on all d20 rolls unless otherwise noted.

Storyteller_Arc
2019-03-21, 08:22 AM
“I think I will pass on that then, and just stick with water, if that is acceptable.” Xena said politely, but warily when Āita explained that the Tea was safe for her to drink... if it was steeped for less than half as long as Āita herself steeped it for. And that even then, she was likely to expect rather vivid dreams that night... and Xena knew what her dreams were like without any aids, magical or not. So she would rather not make them any more vivid than they actually were thank you very much.

With Thunder giving Zak a happy grin, before lowering his head to the bowel in order to start lapping the tasty ale up, Xena would take a seat at the table, opening her mouth to reply to Āita’s answer... only to get interrupted by someone else. Xena would shoot them an annoyed glance, taking note of this ‘Adannos’ name, before speaking up in response. “The Times of Troubles is far too different to be of any use. Not only is it known why the Gods were depowered in the first place, but their depowerment was an utter removal of their divine spark. Here, we have no news of an Overgod affecting everyone at once, especially not the Devils and Demons as well as the Gods, on top of the fact that they have simply been reduced in power, not utterly removed of their divinity.”

Xena had more to say about this, an answer to where she had a place to start... or at the very least, her hope to start in investigating if at all possible. But Thunder would suddenly stiffen beside her, at the very same time as Āita did. Swiftly, the Illimuman would slip from her seat as her eyes focused on the dome above her. This new Adannos had noticed the threat as well and seemed to be more aware of what was actually about to happen. Not that it really mattered, as the huge drop of demons crashing the party was rather apparent.

“Oh no. Demons are attacking a group intending to destroy all demons. Whoever would have seen this coming?” Thunder deadpanned even as Xena formed her crystalline chakram’s. Thunder quickly drinking up the rest of the ale in his bowl so that he didn't lost a drop of it, nor miss the fight! Before they could do anything else however, Zak seemed to just vanish besides her. Xena was barely able to keep track of him as he sped across the room! Oh and she took a little bit of damage from people who really weren’t keeping track of where their spells should be directed, but it was hardly anything to speak home about. Thunder was actually invirogated by it all.

JMS
2019-04-21, 02:45 PM
15 mobs of Demons begin to form, though Zack's dash deals significant damage, dispersing some mobs. They begin to charge at almost any target, with 2 mobs trying to swarm the table, and another two running at the concentration.

Mob damage (Dealt to everyone, unless outside a colossal area, like a swarm.) [roll0] B, S, and P damage, ignores DR magic and DR epic, DC 60 fort for half, and bull rush and trip of [roll1] CMB. If a creature has armor, natural armor, Dex bonus and/or shield, add their AC bonus to the creature's DR against this attack.

Storyteller_Arc
2019-04-22, 07:03 AM
“Hmmm, not bad.” Xena mused as she watches Captain Zak launch himself into battle. Despite her casual words, the Illumian couldn’t deny that she was honestly rather impressed. He was incredibly fast, launching himself into thick of battle as a simple blur, slicing and cutting his way through the demons as he made his way right underneath the portal, fearless in his ability to handle any threats that were launched against him. A very bold tactic, and one that Xena found herself appreciating even as she assessed the battlefield herself. Taking note on the lay of the land, the position of these groups of demons, and judging the size of the battlefield... “Thunder? Why don’t we show the good Captian how we fight?”

“With pleasure.” The tiger replaced, a fearsome grin spreading across his lips, his haunches wiggling in glee, bloodlust clear in his eyes. With a wave of his claw, space and time began to bend around the room. Those who were sensitive to such things might feel a slight tremor echoing through the room as in five different places across the room, the world itself seemed to tear away at itself, forming portals scattered across the room. One of which was positioned right next to Xena... and another, right in the middle of the room, underneath the portal.

With a lunge, Thunder plunged into the Dimensional Tear next to Xena, appearing underneath the portal. Rearing up, a shimmering energy would form itself around his claw, a extending its reach and empowering its blow as he lashed out at the demons before him. Through, what was likely more unexpected, was the fact that Thunder began to sing. He had a deep, bassy voice, that cut through the din of battle and spellcasting. A beautiful song, with lyrics unlike anything anyone here had heard before... but the strength that would flow through their bodies, the shimmering energy that collected itself around their weapons. That, that was very familiar for anyone who was a bard. Through just to make even more of a show, Zak would find himself invigorated, time slowing down for a brief moment at Thunder’s song grant him a burst of energy.

As for Xena, well. She would follow after Thunder much more casually, a twist of her hands summoning a Spear to her hands. Once through the portal, there would be a slight shimmer around her, a twist in time as she laid a hand on Thunder’s side. His song twisting, becoming deeper and stronger. More power flowing into those around him as Xena took a deep breath, glancing around the room one, final time... then, she spun.

The spear would flash out, instantly stretching out father beyond its normal reach, stabbing deep into the ranks of demons, before snapping back to its normal size. Xena spinning and striking and stabbing as she went, the spear’s reach allowing only those at the furthest edges of the room to escape her reach. Yet those closest to her, those who stood directly underneath the demon portal... they would not feel the bite, the sting of the spear. Oh no... as once Xena was finished, the spear would vanish once more, and from Xena’s hands, sharp, round blades would form themselves out of stone and earth. Deadly Chakrams which she would unleash with a blitzing fury, cutting through the demons surrounding her, guiding them instinctively through their ranks, before twisting, catching, and throwing them again all in one, smooth motion. Where Thunder sang... Xena, would dance.

Thunder
Free Action, by taking 1 Burn (reducing max HP by 45), Thunder uses Hivemind, Improved. Giving all allies within 225ft range gain the Teamwork Feats Broken Wing Gambit and Harrying Partner. Robe of Burn Conversion gives him 22 THP.
Swift Action, by taking 1 Burn, Thunder uses Dimensional Rip, creating 5 Dimensional Tears, which are shown on the map.
Move Action: Move from I15-K17 to AL34-AN36 via Dimensional Tear.
Standard Action: The World Turns Strike against Mob 6.
Kinetic Whip = Mental Blast + Slumber Infusion + Reifying Infusion
[roll0]. Average Damage: 147 Untyped Damage, 3 Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, Sonic & Force damage. Anyone who hits Mob 6 before the start of Thunder’s next turn does an additional 203 Sonic damage, but they can only gain this damage once. Additionally, Zak can take an additional Standard Action, as long as it involves an attack roll. Finally, Mob 6 must pass a DC 76 Fortitude Save or be put to Sleep.

Fire Starter activates, allowing me to start a Bardic Music as part of a Kinetic Blast. Combine Songs allows me to use 2 at once.
Inspire Courage > Thunderstruck. All allies who can hear Thunder sing deal an extra 63 Sonic damage with all weapon attacks. Word of Creation Damage = [roll1]
Inspire Excellence. After hearing Thunder Sing for 1 full round, allies gain a +22 Competence Bonus to 1 ability score of their choice. Word of Creation Damage = [roll2].

Shift Time Move Action: Strike of the Dual Adept Boost: The Harmony of Spheres + The Dancing Strings. For [roll3] rounds, allies within 120ft gain a +5 Morale bonus to saves, and for [roll4] rounds, allies within 240ft gain +3 Temporary Hit Die and a +1 bonus to saves.
Path of Dedication, Improved: By spending 3 Power Points when using a Boost, I can use Path of Dedication as a free action, giving 1 ally within my collective an extra move action: Me.
Path of Dedication: Aid Another. All allies within 30ft gain a +39 bonus to attack rolls until the start of my next turn.

Xena
Mythic Hustle Move Action: Walk from M18-N19 AJ37-AK38 via Dimensional Tear.
Swift Action: Shift Time. Xena spends 1 Spell Point to give herself an extra Standard Action.
Shift Time Standard Action: Shift Time. Xena spends 1 Spell Point to give Thunder an extra Move Action.

Full-Round Action: Blood Wind.
Spear of the World [roll5]. Average Damage = 295, +63 Sonic. -10 to attack roll vs Mob 4 & 12. -8 vs Mob 3. -7 vs Mob 8 & 5. -4 vs Mob 11. Mob’s 3, 5, 8 & 11 take 442 +94 Sonic Damage due to AoE.

Empowered Earth Kinetic Whip [roll6]. Average Damage = 1165, +94 Sonic. Hitting Mob’s 6, 7, 9 & 10.
Target Priority for the following attacks: Mob 10. Mob 6. Mob 7, Mob 9.
[roll7]. Average Damage = 777, +63 Sonic
[roll8]. Average Damage = 777, +63 Sonic
[roll9]. Average Damage = 777, +63 Sonic
[roll10]. Average Damage = 777, +63 Sonic
[roll11]. Average Damage = 777, +63 Sonic
[roll12]. Average Damage = 777, +63 Sonic
[roll13]. Average Damage = 777, +63 Sonic

If Xena drops one of the Mob’s with one of these attacks, Xena gains an extra Standard Action thanks to To The Victor, The Spoils.
To The Victor, The Spoils Standard Action: Improved Whirlwind Attack.
If Xena killed one of the Mob’s with Spear of the World, then:
[roll14]. Average Damage = 88, +63 Sonic. -10 to attack roll vs Mob 4 & 12. -8 vs Mob 3. -7 vs Mob 8 & 5. -4 vs Mob 11. Mob’s 3, 5, 8 & 11 take 132 +94 Sonic Damage due to AoE.
If not, then simply apply the following:
Empowered Earth Kinetic Whip [roll15]. Average Damage = 289, +94 Sonic. Hitting Mob’s 6, 7, 9 & 10.
Target Priority for the following attacks: Mob 10. Mob 6. Mob 7, Mob 9.
[roll16]. Average Damage = 193, +63 Sonic
[roll17]. Average Damage = 193, +63 Sonic
[roll18]. Average Damage = 193, +63 Sonic
[roll19]. Average Damage = 193, +63 Sonic
[roll20]. Average Damage = 193, +63 Sonic
[roll21]. Average Damage = 193, +63 Sonic
[roll22]. Average Damage = 193, +63 Sonic

For each successful melee attack, Xena heals 155 HP. If Xena is at maximum HP, she instead gains Temporary Hit Points, up to 420.

Genth
2019-04-22, 06:14 PM
As a mob of demons rushes towards her sanctum, Nolus-Āita's eyes flash a piercing, almost painful blue. A single hand rises, flexes and a torrent of needle-thin ice shards explodes outwards towards the enemy, taking out many of them before the rest gather in to attack her.

Fort save for 1/2 - [roll0] -60, rather, I mistyped 42 as 52 sorry. Still saves tho!
Also 1/2ed by 50% miss chance,with -20 from Dex and -8 from natural and DR15/Cold Iron so 5 Damage Taken

AOOs with Destructive blast, conveniently just outside her 'nobody dies' range
to-hit is 1d20+89 vs touch, so I assume I hit on anything on a 1? Be generous and say that 1/20th of my hits are 1s, so 19 hit
19x(25d6+95)= 475d6+1805

[roll1] Cold Damage, no Resistance allowed.

Initiative - [roll2]

JMS
2019-04-30, 04:29 PM
Nolus-Āita, Zena, and Thunder tear through the room, and many groups of demons, including a few loners, fall. Groups 6,7,8,9, and 10 are down.

Genth
2019-04-30, 04:56 PM
Rising up high, Nolus-Āita's face is a furious etched statue of ice. The winds start to pick up, and she clenches her fists, the temperature around her dropping fast as she moves forwards, outside of the safe zone as the floor cracks beneath the dropping temperatures. Then she raises a hand. Three spheres of rapidly spinning, whirling ice and cold appear before her, crackling, sparkling, before they take the form of great winged owls, leaping out across the room to smite the demonic mobs in a flurry of pain, and cold.

Move forwards to position on map.
Quickened Weather to drop temperature to -140 degrees within the big blue square. Don't go in there or you'll start taking 8d6 damage no save per turn. (2SP)
2 Quickened and one Normal Destructive Blast, with the Orb Talent, Aita's usual combo of tricks, so a DC70 Reflex Save vs a 45ft Orb dealing 1284 Damage (1926 for a Mob) Piercing Cold Damage (No Resistance) on (1, 2 and 3) 45ft Radius can hit em all, (3, 4, 5) and (11, 12) for 5 SP each, so 15 SP, 17 SP total this turn

thethird
2019-05-02, 10:41 AM
Adannos in Sigil smiles at the destruction thrown by the people he had just been sharing drinks. He studies the room as it erupts into chaos, and he chargrins as he cannot identify any ring leader that would be pushing the demons forth. He could charge blindly at the carnage, but as fun as that would be it appears that it would hardly solve anything. Thus he takes a relaxed sip from his drink while his mind takes a step back.

Adannos in Taldor, the plane not the country, looks around to his advisers. He shakes his head. "I think that alone I would have a hard time even coming close to what I am seeing these people do. Of course, I am not alone, am I?"

Adannos in Taldor uses a standard action to manifest fractal schism, ML 37 (30 base, +7 surge), he spends 37 PP (- 7 from surge, -8 from omnimind),
, 1 for the power, 8 to persist the power, 8 to grant the benefits of schism, 20 to increase the dc by 4 against flanked enemies). Adannos doesn't pay any PP, he splits the cost between the two eyes. The psicrystal spends its focus. The power is shared with the advisors thanks to affinity field.
One of the eyes uses it's standard action from synchronicity, Adannos manifested it earlier, to project a major illusion of what Adannos in Sigil is sensing into the room, now everyone can see what's in the room.
One of the speakers uses it's standard action from synchronicity to cast a persisted exquisite accompainement which starts to play concert of minds (up to 4 of those in the collective can aid another for a +3 to ML when someone in the collective manifests a power). The effect is shared with the other speaker thanks to affinity field, who starts to play co-operation +3 to the bonus when aiding another.
The lorekeepers are each manifesting bestow power augmented as high as they can, the other speaker is using it's standard action from synchronicity to aid one of them (i.e. 5 spend 9 PP to gain 6 PP, 1 spends 15 PP to gain 10 PP). The gained PP are shared across thanks to affinity field. Adannos gains 40 PP, each of the lorekeepers and eyes gain more PP than they spent.
Adannos psicrystal uses the standard action from synchronicity to regain psionic focus.
The other eye uses the standard action from synchronicity to manifest an augmented synchronicity, shared accross everyone.
-1 Standard action, +40 PP

Adannos in Taldor manifests Omnipresence using it's standard action from synchronicity (both speakers are aiding him for a +12 to ML) ML 47, he spends 45 PP (-7 from surge, -8 from omnimind), 1 for manifesting the power, 8 to persist it, 36 to increase the effective power are to 50 ft around himself. Again the PP are spent between the eyes.
The psicrystal regains psionic focus
The lorekeepers and one of the eyes manifest each bestow power augmenting it to 9 PP, they gain more PP than they spend. Adannos gains 42 PP, the others gain more PP than they spend.
The other eye manifests synchronicity.
+42 PP

Adannos in Sigil manifests Omnipresence using it's standard action from synchronicity (both speakers are aiding him for a +12 to ML) ML 47, he spends 45 PP (-7 from surge, -8 from omnimind), 1 for manifesting the power, 8 to persist it, 36 to increase the effective power are to 50 ft around himself.
The lorekeepers and one of the eyes manifest each bestow power augmenting it to 9 PP, they gain more PP than they spend. Adannos gains 42 PP (net this cycle 12 PP)
+12 PP

Adannos in Taldor manifests Omnipresence using it's standard action from synchronicity to manifest feat leech (he doesn't need to move thanks to omnipresence), he borrows Aggressive Psychokinesis (manifest psychokinesis instead of an attack), empower power, and maximize power. The pp are paid by one of the eyes.
The lorekeepers and one of the eyes (the speakers and the psicrystal are aiding) manifest four bestow power augmenting it to 9 PP and three bestow power augmenting it to 15 PP, they gain more PP than they spend. Adannos gains 54 PP.
+54 PP

Adannos in Taldor (posessing the psychokinesis lorekeeper) uses it's standard action from synchronicity as well as his move action to use swap power (spending 1 mythic point) to swap one of his powers for tornado blast.
The lorekeepers and one of the eyes (the speakers and the psicrystal are aiding) manifest four bestow power augmenting it to 9 PP and three bestow power augmenting it to 15 PP, they gain more PP than they spend. Adannos gains 54 PP.
-1 move action, +54 PP

Net total -1 standard action, -1 move action, +202 PP, -1 MP

In Taldor everyone is observing an intrincate illusion of the battlefield as the Adannos in Sigil momentarily flickers in one instant he is drinking in the middle of the safe zone that the ice witch left behind in the next he is in one of the edges of the safe zone conjuring smalls air of twirling concentrated air to his hand before releasing them.

Adannos in Sigil uses it's standard action from synchronicity as well as the move action granted by god of the hourglass to make a full attack. He considers his space to be outside the safe zone thanks to omnipresence. He exchanges each of his attacks for a manifestation of a tornado blast (ML 37).

Each tornado blast is augmented 7 PP for damage (increasing damage to 24d6). They are also maximized and empowered, for a total 216 Damage (314 against mobs) and pushing the individual enemies 60 feet in random directions. Reflex DC 42 for half damage. In order to manifest them he spends his focus twice, recovering as a free action between expenditures, and his psicrystal focus twice, who recovers the focus as a standard from synchronicity). -17*5 PP = -85 PP

He is hitting at the center of mob 3 & 4 twice and at the center of mob 1 & 2 twice. He is trying to minimize collateral damage, so he shouldn't be hitting the celestials area.

The lorekeepers and one of the eyes (the speakers aid) manifest five bestow power augmenting it to 9 PP and two bestow power augmenting it to 15 PP, they gain more PP than they spend. Adannos gains 50 PP. (net -35 PP)

-1 move action, -focus, -psicrystal focus, -35 PP

Adannos in Taldor uses it's standard action from synchronicity to regain psionic focus.
The psicrystal regains psionic focus.
The lorekeepers and one of the eyes (the speakers are aiding) manifest five bestow power augmenting it to 9 PP and two bestow power augmenting it to 15 PP, they gain more PP than they spend. Adannos gains 50 PP.
+focus, +psicrystal focus, +50 PP

Adannos in Taldor uses it's swift action and it's martial focus to initiate giant physique stance, for 23 rounds he is considered colosal + when initiating combat maneuvers with unarmed attacks.
Adannos regains martial focus using a move action, converted from the standard from sinchronicity.
The lorekeepers and one of the eyes (the speakers, and the psicrystal are aiding) manifest four bestow power augmenting it to 9 PP and three bestow power augmenting it to 15 PP, they gain more PP than they spend. Adannos gains 54 PP.
-1 swift action, +54 PP

Adannos in Sigil uses it's remaining standard action granted from Xena's buffing to ready a move action to move towards anything big and in charge that might come from the portal.

Net total -2 standard action, -2 move action, -1 swift action, +271 PP, -1 MP

As the mobs closer to the refreshment tables erupt into chaos as they are flung into the air Adannos smirks and sips his drink. He sees the fight going on and spiritedly smiles towards Xena and Thunder, he raises his cup and several musicians materialize from psionic might and akashic energies around him. They move towards the singer and complement the songs with a rapturing orchestra.

"I am helping."

JMS
2019-05-11, 07:59 AM
The storm of magic is enough to level many of the current demons, but the barred portal is developing cracks.

The new Gold Dragon turns towards Farsenarenthy. "I have found proof that the Devils are bargaining in... worse faith than usual. This is not acceptable, and if they are willing to kill our aids, then they will face our wrath." Gruemar just turns, ordering the celestials forward, as the infernals turn to a defensive stance, Archons and Erinyes smashing against each other. Meanwhile, portals in and out are buzzing, as Celestial and Infernal standbys enter, and the other diplomats leave. A few ghostly Dabus begin entering, attempting to quell the combat.

QuadraticGish
2019-05-20, 04:09 PM
"Sorry, I assumed you were hostile" she apologizes. Farsenarenthy lowers the wall of force between the two dragons and flies out of the crowd of Celestials and up towards the portal once again. Once she is within range, she casts Barricade Portal upon the already sealed portal, hoping to buy more time. From up in the air, she begins to speak. "Is there anything else anyone can do to stall the portal up there!? I don't think it will be very long before they dispel the seal I put on the portal! If not, I think we should start leaving!" the dragon says.

Free Action: Lower the wall of force
Move action: move within close range of the portal
Standard: Burn 1 Mythic power to use Wild Arcana to cast Barricade Portal on the portal.

Notes
2 MP Spent
1 Use of Wall of Force spent
Can only use Seal Portal through Dragon Magic one more time.
If she sees a dispel magic heading towards the portal, she will attempt to make an opposed spellcraft check to commandeer the spell and return it to the caster. Otherwise, she will commandeer any negative spell that will harm her. Limited to 2/turn. Spellcraft checks(if necessary) 11+84=95.
Any melee attacks against her will be countered via the Parry feat with her own melee attacks. 11+87=98
Via Best of the Best, Farsenarenthy will take 11 on all d20 rolls unless otherwise noted.

Genth
2019-05-20, 06:26 PM
Āita chuckles as she floats back to the center of the room, dismissing her cacophony of ice and cold, the floor still frosted over. "Perhaps we should have anticipated this." she says, looking between the two with a wry eye. "Of course, if you lunkheads get into a brawl, one of the Dabus are going to get hurt. And then who'll be paying you a visit, hmm? Also yes, the giant demon portal, anyone able to deal with that?" she muses, looking up at the portal and musing

Know Planes [roll0]

Genth
2019-05-20, 07:01 PM
After a few more moments of studying the portal, Āita smiles, and raises a hand, floating up a little and focusing. Small tenrils of frost seem to hang in the air as she pushes her magic up and out, a fractaline network of frost reaching up to touch the portal. The light is refracted into a rainbow of shades and sights as she closes her hand and starts to concentrate on destroying the portal.

Greater Counterspell - [roll0] vs the portal

thethird
2019-05-20, 10:28 PM
Adannos looks at the illusion of the room and at his advisors when the ice lady chides in about the portal.

"What can we do about the portal?"

"Break it, and then no one will be able to go through it."

"It might take long, although some of those are power beasts which might be able to do it. Still that's not we."

"Grab it and planeshift out of here?"

"While we probably can get here, I doubt we can properly planeshift in Sigil. Could probably teleport somewhere else"

"Cover it in quintessence?"

"That would work. Do we have enough quintessence at hand?"

"Doubtful, it is a big portal..."

"Let's keep it in mind though."

"Appeal to the lady through the dabus to will it close."

"Where can we find a dabus?"

"There is at least one there, at the back end of the room."

"Mmmh... that's true. Missed it entirely. That would take time though. Not as much time as the quintessence plan, but..."

Adannos eyes lit up with malicious glee.

"Time... Okay everyone I know what we will do."

---

Adannos in Sigil looks towards the sealed portal and the people that are starting to focus on it.

"I am able to deal with it."

He extends his senses around him, and makes his self reach out of the safe zone that the ice lady had called. From there he extends his power directed towards the portal. He then wills it away. Not away in the spatial sense. But on the temporal sense. The effect is the same, it simply disappears.

"I send it about nine minutes and change ahead in time. It is bound to appear there, unless we block the spot in which case it will appear pretty close. I suggest we use that time to find a more permanent solution. Or I could keep doing this, all day."

He smiles cheerfully. For what is worth he is actively curious of what would happen to all the demons entering the portal from the other end. He imagines them entering a tunnel only to find it is blocked and filling it to the brim clogging it. Quite a funny mental image.

Adannos in Sigil manifests extended time hop using it's standard action from synchronicity (both speakers are aiding him for a +12 to ML) ML 47, he spends 45 PP (-7 from surge, -8 from omnimind), 5 for manifesting the power, 2 to extend it, 38 to increase the weight of the object that he can affect (300*2^17 lbs).
The lorekeepers and one of the eyes manifest each bestow power augmenting it to 9 PP, they gain more PP than they spend. Adannos gains 42 PP (net this cycle 12 PP)
+12 PP

Storyteller_Arc
2019-05-24, 06:20 AM
“Well, that was easy.” Thunder said, looking around as between himself, Xena, and Captian Zak, the demons were utterly destroyed within seconds of their appearance. He looked around for a few moments more, even raising his gaze to the ceiling as if he hoped for more demons to be coming out of the portal before his shoulder’s slumped. “Urg, talk about a disappointment...” Xena just rolled her eyes at Thunder’s bloodthirsty nature, because she was too busy shaking her head at the stupidity of the Celestial’s and Infernal's in the room to do anything else.

“Really? Just... really? Some demons pop in and they’re at each other’s throats before the threat is even dealt with? Do they all have rocks from brains or something?” Considering the level of intelligence and wisdom on display, Xena was tempted to just leave them all to fight amongst themselves, as they didn’t exactly seem to be all that helpful for her quest. But... well. Xena wasn’t the type to stand by and let people kill each other when she could instead step in and at least try and stop them from killing each other. So, with a sigh, she raised her voice, trying to call over the din and noise.

“Question! Why would the demons send such a weak force to attack this meeting? Do you think that they might be trying to get you to accuse the other of betraying the meeting so that no deals can be made? Because I think that would be a rather beneficial result for the demons if so!”

Stevesciguy
2019-05-27, 05:27 PM
Having mopped up the last of the demons, Zak comes to a rest next to Xena.

"I wouldn't bother, lass. If we want them to quit, I think we'll need something a tad more... physical than words. If ye' can make a wall of force, that might do it. Either way, something tells me the attack wasn't meant to be that weak. I'd bet my ship that those demons were to soak up the initial volley, and not much else."

Zak contemplates for a moment.

"Hmmm... can't do force, but I'd bet my hat adamantine might get 'em to use their heads for a second"

With a sharp gesture, a large metal wall appears through the fray, attempting to roughly split the two groups apart.

Zak uses two full round actions to mop up the remaining demons.

Then, he uses a standard action and a spell point to Create an adamantine wall 80ft long and 20ft tall to try and divide the two groups as best he can.

JMS
2019-06-22, 07:37 AM
The two forces pause, some flowing around the wall to continue. As the Gold Dragons see the Dabus, the Celestial forces move back, towards a portal that one archon is holding open, holding a gate key towards it. A simmilar reatreat can be seen on the infernal's side.

The Dabus continue floating in, and one apparent leader signals to you with their standard sillent images. We will speak.

QuadraticGish
2019-06-23, 11:13 AM
On seeing the signal, Farsenarenthy gently glides down to the ground. "Let us talk then, this whole situation is just a big mess."

Stevesciguy
2019-06-25, 07:31 PM
"Er, yes, speaking is preferable to this madness. If ye' 've got a way of stopping these-"

Here Zak turns his head to face the fray, raising his voice:

"BILGE-FOR-BRAINS"

Then turns back to face the Dabus.

"-from whackin' each others' heads off, that'd be quite fantastic. Don't particularly need another war on our hands, eh?"