PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Morality of Isolation

Pippin
2019-02-18, 02:09 AM
Hello,

I was browsing Hyperconscious and I came accross Morality of Isolation, page 105. I googled it for more details but since the book isn't as official as the other ones (I guess), nobody ever cared to talk about this power.

Can you completely bypass Vow of Poverty's restrictions with it?

Uncle Pine
2019-02-18, 09:26 AM
You could definitely use it to manifest an evil power without falling from your exalted status, but nothing in the description of the power appears to suggest that you get to ignore any of the other restrictions from the Vow. What made you think otherwise?

Pippin
2019-02-18, 09:30 AM
You could definitely use it to manifest an evil power without falling from your exalted status, but nothing in the description of the power appears to suggest that you get to ignore any of the other restrictions from the Vow. What made you think otherwise?
Ok then, that's what I wanted to know. Thanks.

I agree that the PC still has to abide by the other restrictions, like owning nothing. But I've always felt like they're easier to live with, compared to the restrictions linked to the Exalted status.

Uncle Pine
2019-02-18, 10:05 AM
Note that MoI only protects you from moral repercussions for manifesting evil powers. Kicking puppies, killing orc children, casting evil spells, and/or committing any other less than exalted action will affect you as normal.

RoboEmperor
2019-02-19, 08:29 AM

Pretty sure a single evil spell removes your exalted status. Exalted isn't just good, it's the goodiest of the goodiest of the good. And the goodiest of the goodiest of the good do not use evil spells for any reason at all.

Uncle Pine
2019-02-19, 09:28 AM
Pretty sure a single evil spell removes your exalted status. Exalted isn't just good, it's the goodiest of the goodiest of the good. And the goodiest of the goodiest of the good do not use evil spells for any reason at all.
The power in question specifically calls out evil powers manifested during its duration as being exempt from moral repercussion, and doesn't have an [evil] descriptor in itself:

You imbue yourself with a powerful mental filter that allows you to manifest an evil power without immediate moral harm (if you are not evil). [...]
However, it doesn't make such exception for evil spells or any other particular action, so yes a single evil spell would definitely remove your exalted status.

Pippin
2019-02-19, 09:31 AM
An Evil spell turned into an Evil power (StP Erudite) should be fine though.

Pippin
2019-02-21, 01:02 PM
Bump. One more question. Is an Exalted Psion able to receive an Evil power through Psychic Chirurgery? If he isn't, does Morality of Isolation change anything?