PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Gilded

In4Dimensions
2019-02-18, 07:16 AM
It was the wee hours of the morning when Julienne walked into the clinic. Her customer that night had been rougher than she had wanted, and he had cut her up a bit before she stabbed him in the thigh and left him in his apartment. Leaving a slight trail of blood, she stumbled into the clinic, hoping that a doctor would be awake. Fortunately for her, Allen hears the sound of someone entering his clinic, and walks into the entry room to see who it is.

It was late when Soren entered the tavern. All the other patrons had cleared out at that point, so Soren sat alone at the bar. He knew the bartender, Ulrich, pretty well; this was his favorite place to drink, and it had been for a while. When Ulrich hears the tapping of Soren’s shoes on the hardwood floor, he comes out of the backroom and sees his customer.

Spiritus
2019-02-18, 08:21 PM
Allen hears the bell on his door ring as Julienne enters and quickly rises from his desk, moving to his front to greet his guest and grabbing the first aid on the way. He doesn't get many visitors after dark, but when he does it tends to be because they need medical attention. When he reaches the front room, he gives his guest a quick once-over.

No risk of bleeding out, but best to get her lying down. Better use a salve for this one, too. He thinks, looking at the blood oozing from a long cut in her abdomen. "Another one?!" He exclaims aloud. "How many bloody rapists can there be in one city?" He sighs. "Come on, you know the drill by now. I'll help you up onto the table."

Rattlebones
2019-02-19, 12:40 AM
Uli appeared from the back room, polishing a mug with a rag and ducking his head under the door frame. "Ve are closed for the night, friend. Come back to-", he raised an eyebrow in surprise, "Mr. Princeton! A pleasure to see you. Please, sit down. Sit down." He motioned toward the bar and walked over. "Vhat vill it be? Gin? Vhiskey? Perhaps a nice beer to put some meat on your bones." He gave a small half-smile. "Or perhaps you are here on... company business?"

Rokku
2019-02-19, 01:55 AM
"One fewer, if this one's got any kind of sense at all," says Julianne, wincing as Allen helped her up onto the table.

"Honestly, you'd think the sword would get the message across before I have to use it, but sometimes these morons just have to press their luck. Made sure he paid for it, in blood and coin."

Spiritus
2019-02-19, 03:46 AM
"One fewer, if this one's got any kind of sense at all," says Julianne, wincing as Allen helped her up onto the table.

"Honestly, you'd think the sword would get the message across before I have to use it, but sometimes these morons just have to press their luck. Made sure he paid for it, in blood and coin."

"We can only hope," Allen replies, effortlessly hoisting her onto the table. Swiftly grabbing a poultice from his kit, he gently places it over the wound, and it's edges visibly seal up as the glue substitute gets to work.

"That should take care of it." He says, and bustles towards his alchemy supplies. "The wound is sealed, but I'd prefer you wait for me to brew up something for the blood loss" He calls back over his shoulder. "Or if you'd like to spend the night, I have a spare couch, and coffee in the morning."
Salve [roll0]
Allen is making a dose of Panacea, hich takes 30 minutes.

kjelfalconer
2019-02-19, 05:23 AM
"And to think I just wanted the pleasure of your company Ulrich." He laughed. "Double or nothing on a whiskey?" he asked, flashing a card, before smiling ruefully at the reaction. "One of these days."

He sighed, as the burning liquid went down. "A man's allowed to enjoy the calm before the storm, isn't he?"

Rattlebones
2019-02-19, 09:42 PM
The big man shrugs. "I vas never good at gambling. You have cleaned my pocket more than vonce vith your cards. Remember that time you had that Spaniard girl on your lap half the night, but you vere so focused on the game that you didn't even notice she left! Ha! Here." He refills the shot glass. "Don't vorry about your tab tonight. You need something to warm you before that storm, ja?" Uli places the bottle on the bar and starts polishing the wood absent-mindedly. He looks left and right rather obviously, as thought checking for listeners. "Soren, do you... happen to know about the storm? Do I need an.... umbrella? Or a... rain-jacket? Bah!" He threw the rag down dejectedly. "I vas never good at innuendo."

In4Dimensions
2019-02-20, 10:10 AM
After a few minutes of banter, the room grows silent. Suddenly, you hear a knock on the door. A man walks in, oddly well-dressed for this time of night. He speaks with an accent that you can’t quite place, although it sounds vaguely Bostonian. “Is this place private? I have something to discuss with you both, and perhaps a job offer.”

Julienne waits patiently as Allen prepares and applies medicine for her blood loss. Just as Julienne is about to get up and leave, the door opens and a young woman, looking slightly flustered, walks in. “Sorry, sorry! I know it’s rather late, but I’ve been looking for you two. I’ve got a job offer that you may like, if you’re interested.”

Rokku
2019-02-20, 05:08 PM
"No, I should get home," says Julianne, "I leave the place empty too long and those vultures in the building will start circling."

Then the stranger barges in. Julianne's stare bores through her.

"I'm not sure I want to be involved in any job you'd need a doctor and a whore for in the middle of the night."

Spiritus
2019-02-20, 06:22 PM
"Indeed!" Allen chimes in. "And though I won't say no immediately, I'd first like to know what, precisely the job is, as well as why and how long you seem to have been watching my apartment."

kjelfalconer
2019-02-20, 07:31 PM
"And so it pours. As private as a bar this late at night can be. A drink, is your night already old?" He flicked a coin between his fingers. "To decide your tab or mine, if you're interested. What do you have to lose?"

It was amazing how much you could tell about a man by what he was willing to gamble.

Rattlebones
2019-02-20, 08:46 PM
Uli looks sideways at Soren, then to the newcomer, and back again. He folds his arms across his chest, content to watch.

In4Dimensions
2019-02-24, 09:20 AM
"No, I should get home," says Julianne, "I leave the place empty too long and those vultures in the building will start circling."

Then the stranger barges in. Julianne's stare bores through her.

"I'm not sure I want to be involved in any job you'd need a doctor and a whore for in the middle of the night."
“Well, ah, that’s not why we want you. You seem to be... adept with the use of knives. And the job isn’t now— I just figured it would be easier to talk to you both at once. Kill two birds with one stone, eh?”

"Indeed!" Allen chimes in. "And though I won't say no immediately, I'd first like to know what, precisely the job is, as well as why and how long you seem to have been watching my apartment."
“Well, we haven’t been observing your apartment— we’ve been observing you. As for the job: I’m a member of the Shining Steel; you may have heard of us. We help people get what they want, and we get paid for our troubles. Now, as for this specific job, there’s an underground fighting ring that operates near here, and word is that they’re having some big brawl in a day or two. We’ve been hired by some big industrialist— don’t remember who— to break it up.

You may make a Knowledge: Local check to learn about the Shining Steel.

"And so it pours. As private as a bar this late at night can be. A drink, is your night already old?" He flicked a coin between his fingers. "To decide your tab or mine, if you're interested. What do you have to lose?"

It was amazing how much you could tell about a man by what he was willing to gamble.
The man chuckles. “Sure, go ahead. I like tequila.”

Rattlebones
2019-02-25, 02:21 PM
Uli nods, and reaches under the bar for a bottle of Jose Cuervo. He pours a shot and sets it in front of a stool next to Soren.

kjelfalconer
2019-02-25, 06:33 PM
"Your call."
"Heads."
He flicked the coin, the silver tumbling through the air, landing on the edge of the shot glass, before rolling around its edge and sliding off the other side, coming to rest on tails. "Seems luck's on my side today." He flicked the coin again, this time to Ulrich. "One for me as well. Well then, what sort of problem has a respectable gentleman like yourself looking for help from a dashing rogue like myself at this hour?"

Rokku
2019-02-25, 07:05 PM
"I'm not terribly comfortable knowing you've been watching me all hours either," says Julianne, "and I can't say I've heard of your club."

Spiritus
2019-02-28, 05:11 AM
"I'm not terribly comfortable knowing you've been watching me all hours either," says Julianne, "and I can't say I've heard of your club."

Basically a job hall for hired blades, he informs her. They do just about Abby job for anybody who pays excepting assassination.

Allen turns back to the other woman. I have no particular love for such things, but what does the job pay, precisely?