PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Converting 3.5 Factotum to 5e

Great Dragon
2019-02-18, 11:05 AM
I was pondering doing this.
I'll have to get the info to determine what can be easily brought over.

(1) Should this be a Subclass?
Bard? Or Rogue?

(2) Or is this strong enough to be it's own Class? If so, what Subclasses should it have?

(Edit)
I went with #2.

Factotum
HD 1d6. Proficiencies: Light Armor, Simple Weapons. Thieves Tools. Skills: Pick any three.

LV Spell Lv Pool Special
01 - 2 Knowledge Pool, Trapfinding.
02 0 3 Arcane Dilettante (1 spell slot) 1 Cantrip.
03 1 3 Archetype
04 1 3 Arcane Dilettante (2 spell slots), Expertise, Ability Increase.
05 2 4 Opportunistic Piety 3+Wis times per Long Rest.
06 2 4 2 Cantrips
07 2 4 Arcane Dilettante (3 spell slots)
08 3 5 ---
09 3 5 Arcane Dilettante (4 spell slots)
10 4 5 Opportunistic Piety +1 use
11 4 6 Cunning Dodge
12 4 6 Arcane Dilettante (5 spell slots)
13 5 6 ---
14 5 7 Arcane Dilettante (6 spell slots)
15 6 7 Opportunistic Piety +1 use
16 6 7 3 Cantrips
17 6 8 Arcane Dilettante (7 spell slots)
18 7 8 Cunning Brilliance
19 7 8 ---
20 7 10 Arcane Dilettante (8 spell slots), Opportunistic Piety +1 use

Note: Italic is content I put in.

Knowledge Pool, This replaces the 3.5 Factotum Inspiration, in name only, so as to not be confused with Bardic Inspiration.
"The Factotum is a dabbler, a professional explorer who plunders a wide variety of fields to find the tools they need to survive. They read through tomes of arcane magic to gain a basic understanding of spells. They offer prayers to a variety of deities to gain their blessings. They observe warrior stances and exercises to understand the art of fighting. But, while they learn many paths, they master none of them. Rather then train in a given field, they master all the basics and manages to pull out something useful when the situation is desperate enough."
To represent this seemingly random body of Knowledge, the Factotum gets a pool of points that can be spent to activate their abilities. These pool points refresh with a Short Rest.(?)

Arcane Dilettante "At 2nd level the Factotum acquires a vague understanding of magic. They know that with a few weird hand gestures and an array of bizarre words, you can conjure up something that looks like a spell."
Choosing from the Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock and Wizard lists.
The Factotum can choose their level plus their Intelligence modifier in spells to know each day.
They have spells slots equal to the listed amount by Factotum Level, per Long Rest.
Remember that these work in the same manner as a Warlock, casting at the highest level, and all Spell Slots are used for all Spell Levels.
So, at 20th level, you can cast 8 spells of any Spell Level per day, each spell costs a Spell Slot, regardless of Spell Level, and having the effect (upcasted if possible) as a 7th level spell.

Opportunistic Piety "Factotums are legendary for the number of holy symbols, lucky trinkets, and blessed items they keep handy. As the saying goes, there are no atheists in the dungeon."
Starting at 5th level, they can spend 1 Knowledge Pool Point to channel Divine energy as an action.
They can use this to Heal (2 times level + Int modifier Hp), Harm Undead (2 times level + Int modifier Hp), or Turn Undead (as a cleric of the same level). You cannot use this ability once all daily uses are gone, even if you have Knowledge Pool Points left over to spend.

Cunning Dodge Your luck. reflexes, and intuition allow you to avoid an attack or spell that would reduce you to Zero Hp by spending 4 Knowledge Pool Points as a Reaction. Usable once per long rest.

Cunning Brilliance "You become the ultimate Jack of All Trades. Your sharp mind and keen senses of your surroundings allow you to duplicate almost any ability you witness."
At the start of your day, choose three extraordinary class abilities. Each ability must be available to a standard character class/subclass at 15th level or lower. By spending 4 Knowledge Pool Points, as a Bonus Action, you gain the benefits and drawbacks of once chosen ability for 1 minute.

Subclasses

Retriever

3rd Level Cunning Insight Before making an attack roll, damage roll, or saving throw, you can spend 1 Knowledge Pool Point to gain a bonus equal to your Int modifier.

6th Level Cunning Surge By spending 3 Knowledge pool Points, you can take an extra Standard Action as a Reaction.

11th Level Cunning Defense You gain your Int modifier to your AC, plus your Dex modifier.

17th Level Instant Exit By spending 5 Knowledge Pool Points, you can cast Dimension Door as a Reaction.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collector

3rd Level Cunning Knowledge By spending 1 Knowledge Pool Point, gain your Factotum Level to a skill check.

6th level Cunning Breach By spending 2 Knowledge Pool Points as a Bonus Action, you ignore a single target's resistance to one type of spell damage.

11th Level Brains Over Brawn You gain your Int modifier to Strength and Dexterity checks and skills.

17th Level Instant Identify By spending 5 Knowledge Pool Points as a Reaction, the Factotum can gain instant knowledge of any touched magic item. By making a Caster Check against a DC 30, Curses can be detected.

JNAProductions
2019-02-18, 12:03 PM
I was pondering doing this.
I'll have to get the info to determine what can be easily brought over.

(1) Should this be a Subclass?
Bard? Or Rogue?

(2) Or is this strong enough to be it's own Class? If so, what Subclasses should it have?

It could work as either subclass, but I think there's enough juice to make a full class.

As for subclasses, perhaps one physical focus, one mental focus, and one balanced?

clash
2019-02-18, 11:20 PM
I would say rogue subclass and make it intelligence based again.

Great Dragon
2019-02-18, 11:47 PM
I would say rogue subclass and make it intelligence based again.

I did consider that, but giving the Factotum access to Sneak Attack was not really what the original class was about.
The Rogue's Sneak Attack can be duplicated at 15th level (8d6 damage) with Cunning Brilliance

Bard also did not really feel right, either. Since the Factotum never really masters magic.

Please look over the class in the edit above and let me know what you think.

PairO'Dice Lost
2019-02-19, 05:30 PM
While the factotum wasn't "about" Sneak Attack necessarily, it still had the ability to spend inspiration to deal SA damage. Since you removed SA from the class and relegated Int-to-damage to just one subclass, this version of the factotum really doesn't have any way to contribute in combat except its spell slots, so you've ironically made it more of a bard-like caster primary/skills secondary class.

Some other thoughts:

1) This could use a bit of editing. There are no standard actions in 5e, just actions; Cunning Insite should be Cunning Insight; putting everything in its own spoiler block makes it more difficult to read.

2) Cunning Knowledge is balanced when you get it at 3rd but far too strong at higher levels, and Instant Identify is far too weak at 17th. 5e's math is fragile enough that getting even an extra +6 to any check (much less a +10 or +20) breaks it in half, particularly since you didn't keep the 1/day/skill limitation. There are basically no circumstances under which you need to know what a magic item does as a reaction and can't spent the minute to cast identify normally, and detecting a curse with a "caster check" (another non-5e-ism, which I assume is 1d20+factotum level) is basically a coinflip when you get it at +17 vs. DC 30. Both probably need to be significantly powered up/down or replaced.

3) The factotum gets many fewer class features than most classes; Arcane Dilettante isn't really a "class feature" so much as it is a spellcasting progression that takes up space in the Features column, and where a bard gets 7 features on top of its subclasses and spellcasting and the rogue gets 11, the factotum only gets 3.

My suggestion? Fold Cunning Insight into the base Knowledge Pool feature, then make Cunning Surge/Defense/Breach and Brains Over Brawn features of the base factotum, giving it a nice 7 standard features just like the bard. Then, come up with entirely new features for subclasses, because all of the base features are basically numerical manipulation and it could use some features that actually gives it options. At least one subclass focusing on combat (borrowing Sneak Attack from the rogue, but also some fighter-ish fighting styles except more unorthodox, and ranger-ish favored enemy/environments but with a more urban focus) and one focusing on skills (this is where you put that big Cunning Knowledge bonus, plus some perks like Lucky-style rerolls and the ability to make skill checks instead of other kinds of rolls, maybe?) would be good.

Great Dragon
2019-02-19, 09:17 PM
<snip>
Edited as suggested. Placed the Update here so that everyone could see the difference.

Thanks for the feedback!

01 Knowledge Pool, Cunning Knowledge, Trapfinding.
02 Arcane Dilettante (1 spell slot) 1 Cantrip.
03 Archetype
04 Arcane Dilettante (2 spell slots), Expertise, Ability Increase.
05 Opportunistic Piety 3+Wis times per Long Rest.
06 2 Cantrips
07 Arcane Dilettante (3 spell slots)
08 Cunning Defense, Cunning Strike
09 Arcane Dilettante (4 spell slots), Cunning Insight.
10 Opportunistic Piety +1 use, Brains Over Brawn
11 Cunning Dodge
12 Arcane Dilettante (5 spell slots)
13 Cunning Surge, Cunning Breach
14 Arcane Dilettante (6 spell slots)
15 Opportunistic Piety +1 use
16 3 Cantrips
17 Arcane Dilettante (7 spell slots)
18 Cunning Brilliance
19 --
20 Arcane Dilettante (8 spell slots), Opportunistic Piety +1 use

Subclasses

Retriever
3rd level: Cunning Style You gain one of the following Fighting Styles: Archery or Dueling.
By spending 4 Knowledge Pool Points, you gain Advantage on the attack roll.

6th level Cunning Strike By spending 3 Knowledge Pool Points, you deal an extra 1d6 damage per 3 Factotum Levels. You can use this as per the rules of the Rogue's Sneak Attack, plus you can affect a target so long as they do not have an ally within 5 feet of them. Both one-on-one with no allies of the Factotum within 5 feet of the target, and at Ranged: within 30 feet of the target.

(Q) Would this be better in the Level 19 Factotum slot?
and if so, what would be suggested to replace it?

11th level Cunning Attack By spending 1 Knowledge Pool Point, you gain the benefits of the Ranger's Favored Enemy. +2 damage as well as all other benefits. At the start of each day, pick one creature (This includes Humanoids) from the Ranger's List.

17th Level Instant Exit By spending 5 Knowledge Pool Points, you can cast Dimension Door as a Reaction.

Collector
I think I'm going to need a lot of help with this Skill-based Subclass.

3rd
6th
11th
17th

----
I'm also not sure about the Knowledge Pool Points refreshing with a Short Rest.
Getting up to 30 Points a day seems a bit much. Perhaps with a Long Rest?

Grod_The_Giant
2019-02-19, 09:28 PM
I think you're going to want to take a step back. The original Factotum depended on a bunch of stuff that's fundamentally incompatible with 5e's design paradigm-- lots of numerical boosts and copying stuff from other classes; while you'll want to keep the concept (Int-based generalist) the same, it'll probably be easier and better balanced to use stuff that already exists in 5e. Looking at the trademark stuff...

Inspiration translates well to a Superiority Dice/Bardic Inspiration type thing, methinks. Cunning Insight is spending a die to boost one of your ability checks, Cunning Strike to boost damage.
You'll want some Expertise, of course, for the general "good at skills" bit.
Brains Over Brawn should be a replacement, rather than a bonus. Possibly at the cost of a die, given 5e's generally lower power level.
Arcane Dilettante best translates into Pact Magic casting, as you noted. The 7th-level-spell-progression thing really doesn't have a 5e equivalent, so I'd go to a Paladin/Ranger style half caster.
Opportunistic Piety translates pretty well into Channel Divinity-- you get Turn Undead and Preserve Life, or something like that. Just make sure it's usable less often than a Cleric's.
Cunning Surge... well, Action Surge is a thing, but letting it be used too often is guaranteed shenanigans. I'd look more at Haste-- spend an Inspiration Die as a bonus action to make one weapon attack, Dash, Disengage, Hide, or Use an Object. Quite possibly your big 5th or 11th level power boost.
Cunning Brilliance is... iffy. One ability off a whitelist would be the best way to do it-- get so many uses of Rage, so many Sneak Attack dice, etc (For casters, maybe Int Mod spells from their class list and +1 slot/short rest?)

For subclasses, I'd go with one that doubles down on the casting (getting cantrips, more spells known, etc), one that focuses on martial matters (extra attack and battle master maneuvers?), and one that's more skill oriented (sneak attack, more expertise/jack of all trades)-- that seems pretty standard.

Great Dragon
2019-02-19, 09:58 PM
{snip}

Hello, Grod! and thanks!

Humm, I was indeed trying to convert the Class straight across, changing Factotum Inspiration to Knowledge Pool.

Ok, let me see, the Battlemaster gets 4 Superiority Dice (1d8) and +1 Die at 7th level and +1 Die at 15th level. These refresh with a Short or Long Rest.

Maybe make it that the Factotum gets 2 Knowledge Dice (1d6) + 1 Die at 10th and another at 17th?
Also, changing so that fewer of the Basic Class Abilities need to use Dice to activate?
If so, would usable 3 times each (+Int mod?) per Short Rest be balanced?

Int-based Spellcasting working like Paladin, both Spells Known and Slots per day, seems fair.
Could the Collector simply get extra spells like a Warlock? (and not over-balance it?)
One spell for each of 6th and 7th level: But able to pick off any Arcane List?
This could be the 11th level granted power of this Subclass.

More Ideas for the Collector?

PairO'Dice Lost
2019-02-19, 09:59 PM
I think you're going to want to take a step back. The original Factotum depended on a bunch of stuff that's fundamentally incompatible with 5e's design paradigm-- lots of numerical boosts and copying stuff from other classes; while you'll want to keep the concept (Int-based generalist) the same, it'll probably be easier and better balanced to use stuff that already exists in 5e.

I don't think copying stuff from other classes is particularly at odds with 5e's design; there's a bunch of shared basic class features like Fighting Style, Extra Attack, and the like that can reasonably fit at low levels, even in a "choose one and switch it up" fashion, and the Eldritch Knight and Arcane Trickster subclasses both copy wizard casting in a weaker form. Plus, copying stuff from other classes was relatively unique to the factotum in 3e as well, so it makes sense as a signature class feature here.

Inspiration translates well to a Superiority Dice/Bardic Inspiration type thing, methinks. Cunning Insight is spending a die to boost one of your ability checks, Cunning Strike to boost damage.
You'll want some Expertise, of course, for the general "good at skills" bit.
Brains Over Brawn should be a replacement, rather than a bonus. Possibly at the cost of a die, given 5e's generally lower power level.

Honestly, straight-up +Int to attack/damage/skills is probably fine here, despite it not looking like a 5e-ism at first glance. Adding +3/+4/+5 to an attack or damage roll is the same as the average result of an "inspiration die" of d6/d8/d10 and even starting with +5 Int is within the expected value of the d6, and Expertise adding +2 to +6 to a skill vs. Int adding +2 to +5 to a skill is pretty much the same; yes, someone who starts with Int 20 has an extra +3 to start, but that isn't a game-changing bonus (Bardic Inspiration, guidance, etc. come in at 1st with similar bonus magnitudes and higher usage limits) and the difference vanishes by mid levels.

Cunning Surge... well, Action Surge is a thing, but letting it be used too often is guaranteed shenanigans. I'd look more at Haste-- spend an Inspiration Die as a bonus action to make one weapon attack, Dash, Disengage, Hide, or Use an Object. Quite possibly your big 5th or 11th level power boost.

I think this is a bit on the conservative side as well. Cunning Surge already comes 4 levels after Action Surge (or an excessive 9 if you push it back to 11th level), so leaving it as a full-on extra action is probably fine. Yes, it's usable 2 times per short rest at the moment, but (A) that can be given a per-long-rest limitation separately and (B) it uses up 3 KP points (of which the factotum has 2 when he gets the ability and caps out at 7), so where a fighter can easily alpha strike with an Action Surge or save it as a finisher without impacting any of his other capabilities, in any fight where the factotum uses Cunning Surge he's cutting quite a bit into the resource that powers all of his other class features, so it's not something that lends itself to being spammed.

Cunning Brilliance is... iffy. One ability off a whitelist would be the best way to do it-- get so many uses of Rage, so many Sneak Attack dice, etc (For casters, maybe Int Mod spells from their class list and +1 slot/short rest?)

For subclasses, I'd go with one that doubles down on the casting (getting cantrips, more spells known, etc), one that focuses on martial matters (extra attack and battle master maneuvers?), and one that's more skill oriented (sneak attack, more expertise/jack of all trades)-- that seems pretty standard.

I agree with both of these points. Perhaps they can be combined: Cunning Brilliance has a short list of generic stuff you can pick up, then the Arcane, Martial, and Skilled Factotum subclasses add some wizardly, fighter-y, and rogueish features, respectively, to the list.

I would try to avoid just adding cantrips and slots, more attacks, and SA/expertise, though; "X class, but with half a fighter/wizard/rogue bolted on" has been done a lot, and the factotum should probably do something more interesting and/or borrow from the less-loved classes like the monk or ranger to try to stand out a bit.

Great Dragon
2019-02-19, 10:18 PM
<snip>

I love this! I'm still learning the whole Create a Class thing in 5e.

I do like the Knowledge Pool Idea better over the Knowledge Dice - more versatility, IMO.

Changing Cunning Surge to refresh with a Long Rest would not be a problem.

Cunning Brilliance Remember that the Factotum has only 3 things that can be copied from a Class List or it's Subclass List, in any order; but, these can be changed each day after a Long Rest.
Example: Copying one Battlemaster Maneuver and one Superiority Die, with one more ability from any other Class or Subclass.

Grod_The_Giant
2019-02-20, 10:26 AM
I don't think copying stuff from other classes is particularly at odds with 5e's design; there's a bunch of shared basic class features like Fighting Style, Extra Attack, and the like that can reasonably fit at low levels, even in a "choose one and switch it up" fashion, and the Eldritch Knight and Arcane Trickster subclasses both copy wizard casting in a weaker form. Plus, copying stuff from other classes was relatively unique to the factotum in 3e as well, so it makes sense as a signature class feature here.
That's fair.

Honestly, straight-up +Int to attack/damage/skills is probably fine here, despite it not looking like a 5e-ism at first glance. Adding +3/+4/+5 to an attack or damage roll is the same as the average result of an "inspiration die" of d6/d8/d10 and even starting with +5 Int is within the expected value of the d6, and Expertise adding +2 to +6 to a skill vs. Int adding +2 to +5 to a skill is pretty much the same; yes, someone who starts with Int 20 has an extra +3 to start, but that isn't a game-changing bonus (Bardic Inspiration, guidance, etc. come in at 1st with similar bonus magnitudes and higher usage limits) and the difference vanishes by mid levels.
I don't think it's imbalanced or anything, it's just unusual. 5e generally avoids straight numerical bonuses.

(Brains Over Brawn as it currently stands, though, is equal to like 6 iterations of Expertise-- Athletics, Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, and straight Str/Dex checks-- and it stacks, so that might be a bit much)

I think this is a bit on the conservative side as well. Cunning Surge already comes 4 levels after Action Surge (or an excessive 9 if you push it back to 11th level), so leaving it as a full-on extra action is probably fine. Yes, it's usable 2 times per short rest at the moment, but (A) that can be given a per-long-rest limitation separately and (B) it uses up 3 KP points (of which the factotum has 2 when he gets the ability and caps out at 7), so where a fighter can easily alpha strike with an Action Surge or save it as a finisher without impacting any of his other capabilities, in any fight where the factotum uses Cunning Surge he's cutting quite a bit into the resource that powers all of his other class features, so it's not something that lends itself to being spammed.
Fair.

PairO'Dice Lost
2019-02-20, 11:55 AM
I don't think it's imbalanced or anything, it's just unusual. 5e generally avoids straight numerical bonuses.

(Brains Over Brawn as it currently stands, though, is equal to like 6 iterations of Expertise-- Athletics, Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, and straight Str/Dex checks-- and it stacks, so that might be a bit much)

Yeah, stipulating that it doesn't stack with Expertise would be a good idea, particularly if the "skills" subclass were to grant Expertise. The factotum should be all about being moderately good with a bunch of different skills, not super-focusing a handful of them.

Great Dragon
2019-02-20, 04:18 PM
Upon pondering, I believe that the Factotum is not even as powerful as a half spellcasting class. Thus keeping the listed spell level progression up to 5th Level, and the number of uses (8 max) per day.

Ok, remove Expertise from the main Features list, and give it to the Collector at 3rd level. And making where it does not stack with any other feature makes sense.

Perhaps the Collector can get the 6th Level Spells at 13th Rank (I use this instead of Class Level) and 7th Spell Levels at 19th Rank.

While this 'breaks" the normal progression of 5e, I feel that the Factotum Subclass should not get access to 6th level spells at the same time as the Wizard.

Still need a "mid-level" (6-7) ability.

Thoughts?

PairO'Dice Lost
2019-02-20, 05:59 PM
Upon pondering, I believe that the Factotum is not even as powerful as a half spellcasting class. Thus keeping the listed spell level progression up to 5th Level, and the number of uses (8 max) per day.
[...]
Perhaps the Collector can get the 6th Level Spells at 13th Rank (I use this instead of Class Level) and 7th Spell Levels at 19th Rank.

While this 'breaks" the normal progression of 5e, I feel that the Factotum Subclass should not get access to 6th level spells at the same time as the Wizard.

It's a bit weird to get standard progression up to 5th level spells, and then slow down to half progression midway for 6ths and 7ths. And giving the factotum 8th- or 9th-level slots with the caster-y subclass is probably actually fine, since (A) having fewer but higher-level slots was its thing in 3e too and (B) the bard is the archetypal slow-progression-but-still-mostly-a-caster class and it was given 9ths in 5e.

I'd say it would be safe to give the base factotum up to 7ths using the same progression as in 3e, and then give the Collector up to 9ths with a normal progression. If you're concerned about having too many high-level slots, you can always (A) declare that only N prepared spells can come from their highest spell level, like in 3e, (B) say that the factotum can only cast up to 7th level spells, and just gets the benefits of heightening with the higher-level slots, or (C) do both.

Great Dragon
2019-02-20, 09:26 PM
Ok, keep the original spell progression.

Collector

3rd Expertise

6th Cunning Power: Gain 5 Knowledge Pool Points (??)

16th Gain 8th level spells and a 9th slot

18th Gain 9th level spells and a 10th slot.
(Remember that all Spell Levels cost 1 slot, each. And are at maximum power, upcasted to highest available spell level.)

Still limited to (Half?) Level + Int mod spells known, changable each day.

Note: the Factotum does have a spell book (at least one), anyone trying to learn a spell of thier Class type do so with Disadvantage, since the Factotum's notes are so different and disorganized. Even other Factotum suffer this penalty.

Collector Spells At 20th Rank
Half = 10 +6 Int = 16 spells known max, divided by 9 levels = 1 spell per level, with 7 floating spells where wanted.

Full = 26 spells known max, divided by 9 levels = 2 spells per level, with 8 floating spells where wanted.

Retriever Spells at 20th Rank
Half = 10 +6 Int = 16 spells known max, divided by 7 levels = 2 spells per level, with 2 floating spells where wanted.

Full = 26 spells known max, divided by 7 levels = 3 spells per level, with 5 floating spells where wanted.

Edit - I'm thinking that in order to really show the Versatile yet Limited abilities of the Factotum, keep the Spells Known to Half total Class Level.

This would make it where the Wizard could still shine. Because, even more versatile! (With spells, anyway)

The Sorcerer's spells not relying on a Spell Slot Pool, and Metamagic is his Ace in the Hole.

While the Factotum can do a lot, The Bard is the Group Helper. Something that the Factotum can't directly do, at least not until they get Cunning Brilliance. But, still limited.

No access to Divine Spells (Cleric, Druid, Paladin, or Ranger); and very limited Healing, Harming Undead, and Turn Undead means that these Classes are not really undermined, either.

A little unorthodox, but ok?

Great Dragon
2019-02-22, 01:28 AM
So here's what I got:

Factotum
Hit Dice 1d6. Proficiencies: Light Armor, Simple Weapons. Thieves Tools. Skills: Pick any three.

LV (Spell Lv) Pool Special
01 (-) 2 Knowledge Pool, Cunning Knowledge, Trapfinding.
02 (0) 3 One Cantrip.
03 (1) 3 Archetype, Arcane Dilettante (1 spell slot)
04 (1) 3 Arcane Dilettante (2 spell slots), Ability Increase.
05 (2) 4 Opportunistic Piety (3+Wis times per Long Rest.)
06 (2) 4 Two Cantrips
07 (2) 4 Arcane Dilettante (3 spell slots)
08 (3) 5 Cunning Defense, Cunning Strike
09 (3) 5 Arcane Dilettante (4 spell slots), Cunning Insight.
10 (4) 5 Opportunistic Piety +1 use, Brains over Brawn
11 (4) 6 Cunning Dodge
12 (4) 6 Arcane Dilettante (5 spell slots)
13 (5) 6 Cunning Surge, Cunning Breach
14 (5) 7 Arcane Dilettante (6 spell slots)
15 (6) 7 Opportunistic Piety +1 use
16 (6) 7 Three Cantrips
17 (6) 8 Arcane Dilettante (7 spell slots)
18 (7) 8 Cunning Brilliance
19 (7) 8 ---
20 (7) 10 Arcane Dilettante (8 spell slots), Opportunistic Piety +1 use

Note: Italic is content I put in.

Knowledge Pool, This replaces the 3.5 Factotum Inspiration, in name only, so as to not be confused with Bardic Inspiration.
"The Factotum is a dabbler, a professional explorer who plunders a wide variety of fields to find the tools they need to survive. They read through tomes of arcane magic to gain a basic understanding of spells. They offer prayers to a variety of deities to gain their blessings. They observe warrior stances and exercises to understand the art of fighting. But, while they learn many paths, they master none of them. Rather then train in a given field, they master all the basics and manages to pull out something useful when the situation is desperate enough."
To represent this seemingly random body of Knowledge, the Factotum gets a pool of points that can be spent to activate their abilities. These pool points refresh with a Long Rest.

Arcane Dilettante "At 2nd level the Factotum acquires a vague understanding of magic. They know that with a few weird hand gestures and an array of bizarre words, you can conjure up something that looks like a spell."
Choosing from the Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock and Wizard lists.
The Factotum can choose half their level plus their Intelligence modifier in spells to know each day.
They have spells slots equal to the listed amount by Factotum Level, per Long Rest. Remember that these work in the same manner as a Warlock, casting at the highest level, and all Spell Slots are used for all Spell Levels.
So, at 20th level, you can cast 8 spells of any Spell Level per day, each spell costs a Spell Slot, regardless of Spell Level, and having the effect (upcasted if possible) as a 7th level spell.

Opportunistic Piety "Factotums are legendary for the number of holy symbols, lucky trinkets, and blessed items they keep handy. As the saying goes, there are no atheists in the dungeon."
Starting at 5th level, they can spend 1 Knowledge Pool Point to channel Divine energy as an action.
They can use this to Heal (2 times level + Int modifier Hp), Harm Undead (2 times level + Int modifier Hp), or Turn Undead (as a cleric of the same level). You cannot use this ability once all daily uses are gone, even if you have Knowledge Pool Points left over to spend.

Cunning Dodge Your luck. reflexes, and intuition allow you to avoid an attack or spell that would reduce you to Zero Hp by spending 4 Knowledge Pool Points as a Reaction. Usable once per long rest.

Cunning Brilliance "You become the ultimate Jack of All Trades. Your sharp mind and keen senses of your surroundings allow you to duplicate almost any ability you witness."
At the start of your day, choose three extraordinary class abilities. Each ability must be available to a standard character class/subclass at 15th level or lower. By spending 4 Knowledge Pool Points, as a Bonus Action, you gain the benefits and drawbacks of once chosen ability for 1 minute.

Brains Over Brawn You gain your Int modifier to Strength and Dexterity checks and skills. This does not stack with expertise.

Subclasses
Retriever

3rd level: Cunning Style You gain one of the following Fighting Styles: Archery or Dueling.
By spending 4 Knowledge Pool Points, you gain Advantage on the attack roll.

6th level Cunning Strike By spending 3 Knowledge Pool Points, you deal an extra 1d6 damage per 3 Factotum Levels. You can use this as per the rules of the Rogue's Sneak Attack, plus you can affect a target so long as they do not have an ally within 5 feet of them. Both one-on-one with no allies of the Factotum within 5 feet of the target, and at Ranged: within 30 feet of the target.

11th level Cunning Attack By spending 1 Knowledge Pool Point, you gain the benefits of the Ranger's Favored Enemy. +2 damage as well as all other benefits. At the start of each day, pick one creature (This includes Humanoids) from the Ranger's List.

Collector

3rd Expertise

6th Cunning Power: Gain 5 Knowledge Pool Points.

16th Gain 8th level spells and a 9th slot

18th Gain 9th level spells and a 10th slot.

Note: the Factotum does have a spell book (at least one), anyone trying to learn a spell of their Class Type (Wizard spell, Bard spell, Sorcerer Spell, or Warlock spell) written by a Factotum, does so with Disadvantage, since the Factotum's notes are so different and disorganized. Even other Factotum suffer this penalty.
Remember that the Factotum has No access to Divine Spells (Cleric, Druid, Paladin, or Ranger)

whiplashomega
2019-02-22, 12:30 PM
I'll start with some gross self-advertisement of my own attempt to convert the 5e Factotum that may interest you:

elthelas.com/options/class/factotum

Now my own critique of your version, which you are welcome to ignore.

My personal thought on the 3.5e Factotum was always that it should be able to fill any role, at least for a round or two. So I wonder why they have such a low hitdie and poor proficiencies as compared to other 5e classes. d6 is the smallest hitdie in 5e, and the most comparable classes to the Factotum, the rogue, bard, or warlock, all have d8 hitdie.

Arcane Dilletante: Ignoring the warlocks mystic arcanum, this is significantly better than warlock casting from a non-full caster class. I would strongly suggest using a proper half-caster progression table similar to a ranger or paladin, or use the warlock progression of number of spell slots / max level, but slow the progression by half.

Opportunistic Piety: Take some time to look at the new mechanic for Turn Undead of the cleric class. As is, this would make the Factotum the hands down best person to have on the team against undead. Clerics only get it 1-2 times per day depending on level, your Factotums would get it up to 10.

Cunning Brilliance: This is very, very powerful. Wildshape as a 15th level moon druid? yep. Spellcasting as a 15th level wizard? yep. Your wording on this allows you to own the signature abilities of any class for the length of a combat. If you are intent on including this, I would limit the list and specify the power level more particularly.

Brains over Brawn: This becomes a massive static bonus with no cost to a wide variety of skills and checks, and depending on how you read it, most attack rolls, breaking bounded accuracy. 5e does occasionally allow this sort of breaking, but usually with harsh limits on how often it can be used.

This sort of breaking seems to continue, collector adding your factotum level to skill checks? 5e does not do the massive bonuses to skills that 3.5e does. With this you could potentially have a +42 to a broad number of skills. No other class can dream of getting more than a +17 or +18 to a skill, even at level 20, including the rogue and bard, and the difficulty tables label a check requiring a DC 30 or DC 35 check to be an epic level near impossible task. This character could achieve it while fumbling with a natural 1.

In summary this class would show up literally everyone else at the table, filling every role better than the specialists. I suggest going back to the drawing board and building a class based on the concept of the factotum, rather than attempting a word-for-word conversion. Create new features in the spirit of the 3.5 features, but with different mechanics more fitting to how 5e is designed.

PairO'Dice Lost
2019-02-22, 02:31 PM
My personal thought on the 3.5e Factotum was always that it should be able to fill any role, at least for a round or two. So I wonder why they have such a low hitdie and poor proficiencies as compared to other 5e classes. d6 is the smallest hitdie in 5e, and the most comparable classes to the Factotum, the rogue, bard, or warlock, all have d8 hitdie.

Seconding this. I glossed over the HD and proficiencies, assuming they were copied over from the original; the 3e factotum has d8 and martial weapon proficiency, so this version should retain that.

Arcane Dilletante: Ignoring the warlocks mystic arcanum, this is significantly better than warlock casting from a non-full caster class. I would strongly suggest using a proper half-caster progression table similar to a ranger or paladin, or use the warlock progression of number of spell slots / max level, but slow the progression by half.

The original factotum had the same kind of casting mechanic, where at 20th level it could have 7 6th-level and 1 7th-level spell per day compared to e.g. a bard's [4+bonus] 6ths, [4+bonus] 5ths, etc. I know 5e is generally scared of handing out high-level spell slots, but when you're talking 22 total slots for a 5e bard vs. 8 slots for the factotum, quantity really outweighs quality here, particularly since the warlock, sorcerer, and wizard all have some means to get extra slots (short rest recovery, sorcery points, and Arcane Recovery).

As for "significantly better than warlock," warlock is certainly the closest comparison, and the warlock gets 4 spells per day (1 each of 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th), plus 4*[number of short rests] 5th-level slots, plus any invocation-derived spells, so the factotum gets 3 extra spell levels on top of a warlock assuming the warlock doesn't take any short rests and a lot fewer spells if the warlock does short rest. Considering that as I mentioned before the bard is also a non-full-caster who was upgraded to a full caster in 5e, being slightly behind the warlock and far behind the sorcerer and wizard in number of spells is probably fine.

Opportunistic Piety: Take some time to look at the new mechanic for Turn Undead of the cleric class. As is, this would make the Factotum the hands down best person to have on the team against undead. Clerics only get it 1-2 times per day depending on level, your Factotums would get it up to 10.

Agreed here. With Channel Divinity going from 3+Cha to 1-2, Opportunistic Piety should go from 3+Wis to 1-2 as well.

Brains over Brawn: This becomes a massive static bonus with no cost to a wide variety of skills and checks, and depending on how you read it, most attack rolls, breaking bounded accuracy. 5e does occasionally allow this sort of breaking, but usually with harsh limits on how often it can be used.

"Checks" definitely doesn't include attack rolls, and as I noted before, BoB doesn't break bounded accuracy as long as it doesn't stack with Expertise. As for applying to lots of checks, the bard's Jack of All Trades applies to all non-proficient checks, not just Str-/Dex-based ones. A +5 to 1/3 of all checks vs. a +3 to all but three checks is somewhat of a wash; yes, the factotum can choose all Str/Dex skills and stack the bonus, but then the supposed skillmonkey has +0 to all the other skills, less than ideal.

This sort of breaking seems to continue, collector adding your factotum level to skill checks? 5e does not do the massive bonuses to skills that 3.5e does. With this you could potentially have a +42 to a broad number of skills. No other class can dream of getting more than a +17 or +18 to a skill, even at level 20, including the rogue and bard, and the difficulty tables label a check requiring a DC 30 or DC 35 check to be an epic level near impossible task. This character could achieve it while fumbling with a natural 1.

Note that this was removed from the latest version in the previous post.

In summary this class would show up literally everyone else at the table, filling every role better than the specialists. I suggest going back to the drawing board and building a class based on the concept of the factotum, rather than attempting a word-for-word conversion. Create new features in the spirit of the 3.5 features, but with different mechanics more fitting to how 5e is designed.

Honestly, aside from dropping a few modifiers and uses/day here and there, the factotum isn't a bad fit for 5e as-is; it's a fairly weak class in 3e (yes, Tier 3 in theory, but in practice it can only end up near T3 with a lot of optimization, and even then...), so a more-or-less direct translation ends up at a more moderate power level in 5e where everything is weaker across the board.

Great Dragon
2019-02-22, 05:18 PM
whiplashomega Your version is interesting.

Which modifiers and/or uses per day should be adjusted, and by how much?

Seconding this. I glossed over the HD and proficiencies, assuming they were copied over from the original; the 3e factotum has d8 and martial weapon proficiency, so this version should retain that.

at the time - I was thinking of lowering it to 1d6/lv, in order to make it less of a "Go to" Class.
But, if they can go back up without overshadowing the other "Skilled" Classes (Bard, Rogue) - ok.
See Below.

Also, I'm a little against adding full Martial Weapon access - maybe a short list of Simple and Martial Weapons?
Like Longsword, Shortsword/Rapier/Scimitar, Dagger, Sap, and either Light Crossbow and Hand Crossbow, or Longbow and Shortbow?

How about "Pick one Simple and One Martial melee weapon, and one Ranged Weapon of either Simple or Martial."?
This option would allow for each Factotum to have different Weapons that they use.
One that has a Longsword and a Longbow, another with a Battleax and a Heavy Crossbow - etc.
As the DM, I allow anyone to use a Dagger.

This last one would be closer to the Factotum's "Eclectic Learning Style", and make it where the Fighter was more versetal with weapons, literally being able to pick up any Non-Exotic Weapon (I know that this is not really a thing in 5e, but still) and wield it? This would really demonstrate the difference between "Experimenting" and actual dedicated learning.

I also did not want to make Factotum's Proficiencies equal to the Rogue, so went with three.
Plus Race and Background.

I was thinking of dropping Turn Undead from the Piety.

Plus, making the Healing Power and Harming Undead cost 4 KPp.
These abilities can only affect one target, and cannot be divided like the Paladin's Healing Power.
{Giving the Undead a Charisma Save for half damage?
Or, making both a Ranged Spell Attack up to 30 feet?}

This should make it where it is not too far from the Paladin.
2x Lv + Int HP (Factortum) verses 5x level Hp (Paladin)
Sure, the Factotum could do Healing Power or Harm Undead 2x a day (or 1 of each) at 20th level
(The Collector would have 3x day), but then would not be able to do much of anything else

Another thing I was wondering - would making the Spells be like Arcane Trickster, be better?
Humm, upon research, the Paladin gets access to 5th level, and the Trickster only 4th.

Could the Higher Levels still be added, but only as a 1x day use, like the higher levels of the Warlock? Thus eventually giving access to one 9th level spell at 20th level?
-----
I don't know - I do kinda like my idea, where it goes up like the List says, giving access to Higher Level spells - up to 7th Level, with the Collector getting up to 9th level spells, but being limited in the total uses per day. 8 for Retriever and 10 for Collector.
Yes, I'm aware that someone could Power Game and make a Retriever that casts eight 7th level spells in a day - or a Collector that casts ten 9th Level spells in a day - and picking all the most powerful spells of the highest levels, but then they would not really be representing the Spirit of the Factotum - which is to be the "Unexpected Problem Solver". Humm, not sure, but maybe placing a Higher Slot Cost for (6th and 7th?) 8th and 9th level spells - like two slots each?
-----
Perhaps to kill that situation above, give the Factotum the Spell Progression and Spell Slots per Short Rest of the Warlock, but able to change their spells each day?
I think that making Warlock the only Arcane List not available would balance it better - ?
(but with 1 more Spell Slot per Short Rest?)
- no, then no one would play Warlock except for RP reasons.

Then going beyond lv 5 as per the Warlock's per day progression - But, also able to change these spells each day?
This would make the Factotum more versatile than the Warlock, without stealing the Warlock's thunder, but less powerful than a Wizard. Also, there is a greater chance of what they chose that morning not applying to the situation!

We need a play testing....

PairO'Dice Lost
2019-02-24, 03:21 AM
Also, I'm a little against adding full Martial Weapon access - maybe a short list of Simple and Martial Weapons?
Like Longsword, Shortsword/Rapier/Scimitar, Dagger, Sap, and either Light Crossbow and Hand Crossbow, or Longbow and Shortbow?

How about "Pick one Simple and One Martial melee weapon, and one Ranged Weapon of either Simple or Martial."?
This option would allow for each Factotum to have different Weapons that they use.

The factotum is supposed to be a very jack-of-all-trades class, so full martial weapon proficiency makes a lot of sense, but if you don't want to do that, perhaps the Factotum gets only one martial proficiency but can choose a different one each day? If anyone's going to be dueling with rapier and main gauche one day, going into mass combat with a battleaxe and shield the next, and loosing arrows the day after, it's the factotum.

I was thinking of dropping Turn Undead from the Piety.

Plus, making the Healing Power and Harming Undead cost 4 KPp.
These abilities can only affect one target, and cannot be divided like the Paladin's Healing Power.

That'd be fine.

Could the Higher Levels still be added, but only as a 1x day use, like the higher levels of the Warlock? Thus eventually giving access to one 9th level spell at 20th level?

I mean, you could, but there's no real need to do that and it just makes factotum spellcasting a copycat of the warlock.

Great Dragon
2019-02-24, 12:06 PM
The factotum is supposed to be a very jack-of-all-trades class, so full martial weapon proficiency makes a lot of sense, but if you don't want to do that, perhaps the Factotum gets only one martial proficiency but can choose a different one each day? If anyone's going to be dueling with rapier and main gauche one day, going into mass combat with a battleaxe and shield the next, and loosing arrows the day after, it's the factotum.

This is very interesting! I like this!

I mean, you could, but there's no real need to do that and it just makes factotum spellcasting a copycat of the warlock.

You must have missed where I based the Spells on the Warlock - and able to change these on a daily basis, but excluded the Warlock's Spell List from spells available.
More of a variation of then a copycat, I hope.

Great Dragon
2019-02-24, 06:13 PM
Here's what I got

Hit Dice 1d8
Weapon Proficiency: Any one Simple or Martial. The Factotum can change this at the start of each day.
Armor Proficiency: Light and Shield.
Skill Proficiency: Pick three.
Tool Proficiency: Pick one.

Lv Prof (Known) Slots [Lv] Pool Special
01 2 (-) - [-] 02 Knowledge Pool, Trapfrinding
02 2 (-) - [-] 03 One Cantrip
03 2 (01) 1 [1] 03 Archetype
04 2 (02) 2 [1] 03 Ability Increase
05 3 (02) 2 [2] 04 Opportunistic Piety.
06 3 (03) 2 [2] 04 Two Cantrips.
07 3 (03) 2 [2] 04 Cunning Defense
08 3 (04) 2 [3] 05 Cunning Strike
09 4 (04) 2 [3] 05 Cunning Insight
10 4 (05) 3 [4] 05 Opportunistic Piety, Brains Over Brawn
11 4 (05) 3 [4] 06 Cunning Dodge
12 4 (06) 3 [4] 06 Cunning Breach
13 5 (06) 3 [5] 06 Cunning Surge
14 5 (07) 3 [5] 07 Arcane Dilettante (6 spell spell)
15 5 (07) 3 [6] 07 Opportunistic Piety
16 5 (08) 3 [6] 07 Three Cantrips
17 6 (08) 4 [6] 08 Arcane Dilettante (8th level spell)
18 6 (09) 4 [7] 08 Cunning Brilliance
19 6 (09) 4 [7] 08 Arcane Dilettante (9th level spell)
20 6 (10) 4 [7] 10 ----

Cunning Strike By spending 3 Knowledge pool Points, you deal an extra 1d6 damage per 3 Factortum Levels.
You can affect a target so long as the target has no allies within 5 feet of them. Both Melee and Ranged up to 30 feet of the target.

Retriever

3rd Cunning Style You gain one of the following: Archery or Deuling. By spending 4 Knowledge Pool Points, you gain Advantage on the attack roll.

6th Cunning Attack By spending 1 Knowledge pool Point, you gain the benefits of the Ranger's Favored Enemy:
+2 to damage as well all other benefits. At the start of each day, pick one creature (including Humanoids) from the Ranger's list.

11th - Ideas?

17th Instant Exit By spending 5 Knowledge Pool Points, you can cast Dimension Door as a Reaction.

Collector

3rd Expertise

6th Cunning Power Gain 5 Knowledge Pool Points.

16th Gain one 8th level spell and one spell slot.

18th Gain one 9th level spell and one spell slot.

PairO'Dice Lost
2019-02-24, 06:20 PM
You must have missed where I based the Spells on the Warlock - and able to change these on a daily basis, but excluded the Warlock's Spell List from spells available.

To clarify, I was referring to the spellcasting mechanism itself, in that you could basically describe the factotum's casting in that case as "Casts as a warlock, except...."

There's nothing wrong with copying the warlock's casting in a vacuum, of course, but the original factotum played around with the arcane casting system and pushed the boundaries of what was possible, so doing the same with this factotum would be a good opportunity.

noob
2019-02-24, 06:23 PM
In 3.5 factotums did not go up to ninth level spells.
However they had a per encounter recharging pool of points which does not fits the 5e paradigm of either short or long rest based classes.

Great Dragon
2019-02-24, 06:39 PM
In 3.5 factotums did not go up to ninth level spells.
However they had a per encounter recharging pool of points which does not fits the 5e paradigm of either short or long rest based classes.
Neither did Bard.

I was using the Long Rest for the recovery of the Pool Points.

Q = For Retriever 11th level - would adding Extra Attack be ok?

Great Dragon
2019-02-24, 06:40 PM
Edit

Let me see, giving the Factotum Retriever Extra Attack at 11th level = 2x attacks per round.
Combined with Cunning Surge, would double that for one round - twice per day.

The 11th Level Fighter gets Extra Attack twice, for a total of 3x attacks per round.
Action Surge doubles that, for a total of 6 attacks in one round - once per Short Rest.
So, up to twice more per day.

Humm - - Would making the Cunning Surge cost 4 KPp (so only twice a day at 20th Level Retriever) be better?

Leaving the Retriever Cunning Surges at 3 KPp would give a Grand Total of 4x Attacks per round thrice per day at 20th Level.
Where the 20th Level Fighter would have 8x Attacks per round 3 times a day.

Either Alpha Strike by the Retriever means that they don't really do much of anything else with their KPps for the day.
As any other use to do something else - say Harming Undead - means that they loose a Surge.

whiplashomega
2019-02-28, 04:27 PM
This is very interesting! I like this!

My recommendation still would be to go ahead and use the warlock progression, but at the Paladin rate. 6th-9th level spells are the domain of specialists in my opinion, which the Factotum is not.

One possible variation: Warlock progression, but instead of 6-9th level spells at higher levels via Mystic Arcanum, just get more spell slots at these levels. Then your Factotum may only have 5th level spells, but can lay them down much more often than the warlock can.

Great Dragon
2019-02-28, 10:03 PM
Cunning Brilliance: Spellcasting as a 15th level wizard? yep.

Humm - perhaps stating that the Spellcasting Slots of any other Class cannot be duplicated.
Especially since a lot of people go by RAW, and not RAI.

One possible variation: Warlock progression, but instead of 6-9th level spells at higher levels via Mystic Arcanum, just get more spell slots at these levels. Then your Factotum may only have 5th level spells, but can lay them down much more often than the warlock can.
To me this makes the Factotum a better choice to play then the Warlock.
Especially when the Factotum can swap spells known per day like a Wizard.

Remember that this Factotum does not have access to any spells at level One,
where the rest of the Casting Classes (including Warlock) do.

I don't mind the limited Higher Spell access, after all the Bard was the Original JoaT and they got an upgrade to Full Caster status.

IDK - Perhaps Spells up to 5th and the Mystic Arcanum gives a version of the Warlock's Invocations instead of Spells/Slots? Mostly ones that don't apply to a specific Warlock Ability/Spell.

Edit -
Let me see: 20th level Paladin = 4 first 3 second 3 third 3 fourth 2 fifth
Plus one free-floating slot at 11th, 13th, 15th and 17th levels.

Or - 20th level Warlock = 15 fifth level spells known, 4 Spell slots/Short Rest.
plus one spell known and one slot at 11th, 13th, 15th, and 17th levels.

Factotum copying Warlock until 5th level spells and slots
- Plus one spell known and one slot at 12th (6th), 14th (7th), 17th (8th) and 19th levels (9th).
(10 + Int spells known could equal the 20th level Warlock in spells known, but would be a little better since not every Factotum would max Int at 20 - depending on their Focus.)

Sure, the Factotum could swap out spells known at all these Spell levels, but would still be limited to what they had in their Spellbook - and Spell access and availability are in the DM's control.

----------
I lost my Playtester - anyone wanting to give this a shot, in (and out of) a Party?
----------

Great Dragon
2019-03-01, 03:31 PM
New Try (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?597591-Just-the-FACTotum)

Hit Dice 1d8
Weapon Proficiency: Any one Simple or Martial.
The Factotum can change this at the start of each day.

Armor Proficiency: Light Armor and Shield.

Skill Proficiency: Pick three.

Tool Proficiency: Pick one.
The Skills and Tool, once chosen, do not change.

Lv Prof (Known) Slots [Lv] Pool Special
01 2 (-) - [-] 02 Knowledge Pool, Trapfrinding
02 2 (-) - [-] 03 One Cantrip
03 2 (01) 1 [1] 03 Archetype
04 2 (02) 2 [1] 03 Ability Increase
05 3 (02) 2 [2] 04 Opportunistic Piety.
06 3 (03) 2 [2] 04 Two Cantrips.
07 3 (03) 2 [2] 04 Cunning Defense
08 3 (04) 2 [3] 05 Cunning Strike
09 4 (04) 2 [3] 05 Cunning Insight
10 4 (05) 3 [4] 05 Opportunistic Piety, Brains Over Brawn
11 4 (05) 3 [4] 06 Cunning Dodge
12 4 (06) 3 [4] 06 Cunning Breach, Arcane Dilettante (6th spell spell)
13 5 (06) 3 [5] 06 Cunning Surge
14 5 (07) 3 [5] 07 Arcane Dilettante (7th spell spell)
15 5 (07) 3 [6] 07 Opportunistic Piety
16 5 (08) 3 [6] 07 Three Cantrips
17 6 (08) 4 [6] 08 ---
18 6 (09) 4 [7] 08 Cunning Brilliance
19 6 (09) 4 [7] 08 ----
20 6 (10) 4 [7] 10 ----

Retriever

3rd Cunning Style You gain one of the following: Archery or Dueling. By spending 4 Knowledge Pool Points, you gain Advantage on the attack roll.

6th Cunning Attack By spending 1 Knowledge pool Point, you gain the benefits of the Ranger's Favored Enemy:
+2 to damage as well all other benefits. At the start of each day, pick one creature (including Humanoids) from the Ranger's list.

11th – Extra Attack -

17th Instant Exit By spending 5 Knowledge Pool Points, you can cast Dimension Door as a Reaction.

Collector

3rd Expertise - does not stack with any other Factotum ability.

6th Cunning Power Gain 5 Knowledge Pool Points.

17th Gain one 8th level spell and one spell slot.

19th Evasion ????