PDA

View Full Version : Popularising rite of passage

astrerouge
2019-02-18, 06:05 PM
Hi, recently I was thinking how nice it could be if more race had a feat chain similar to the rite of passage for kobold. Like how some race had fluff linking them to some specific class so could benefit from such a feat, but oriented to that particular class.

So i thought out a list of races and classes that could mesh well together in their fluff.
-aasimar-paladin: righteous rite of passage, could also apply to incarnate, favored soul and crusader (but only applying to one class on a given character)
-elf-duskblade:rite of dusk
-tiefling-warlock: dark rite of passage (counting both for invocation and eb damage)
-half-giant-psychic warrior: psychic rite of body
-warforge-warblade: rite of war, could also apply to warmage and duskblade
-feral-ranger and totemist: wild rite of passage
-gnome-bard: musical rite of passage (maybe counting as 1 more level for bardic music too but im not sure how good it would be, being unnacustomed with bard)
-dragonblooded race-dragonfire adept: dragonfire rite of passage

Feel free to offer more suggestions

Any thought about making the rite of passage and in particular the greater rite of passage usable by more classes and races like i offer? As you can see, I focused around spontaneous caster and caster with delayed progression because prepared caster are already kings.
Of course some of these classes use different casting than sorcerer or no casting at all, so I thought that for most of the casting and manifesting class, the answer is simply to replace the sorcerer sla to an sla from that class in particular but for incarnum im kinda stumped (maybe gaining 1 more max essentia for a particular soulmeld and reservoir giving another +1) for warlock and dragonfire I was thinking of going with the sorc sla and initiating class, i was thinking a fist level maneuver usable 1/encounter, maybe day and going to 3 with reservoir. Any suggestions?

Feantar
2019-02-19, 12:46 AM
It mostly makes sense to focus on the race's favoured class, but I understand why you seem reticent to give prepared casters a boost. You could, however, rule that in prepared casters it just raises their caster level and gives them an extra 2nd level spell slot, and not an effective class level. By the way, I think you mean prepared full-casters, otherwise paladin is also out.