PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Weapon Feats (Yes Again)

daemonaetea
2019-02-18, 09:39 PM
Just before I even post mine, I'd like to note that I'd also welcome any other work on this line that you've seen and really liked.

So. I know this is hardly original, but I've tried my hand at making weapon feats for 5E.

House rules impacting the design: Wild Attack is a default combat option, allowing the character to take a -5 to hit for +10 to damage. As such the feats that normally enable that have been partially redesigned for this system.

Design goal: I want the various peoples and cultures of my homebrew campaign setting to feel mechanically different. Along with a listing of common classes and archetypes, I also want them to favor certain weapons. However, by default, there's... little to make much of a difference between the weapons. There's simply not much to really distinguish between a battleaxe and a longsword, or a maul and a greatsword. As such, I wanted to use the weapon feats in those cultures to make the differences pop. The problem is that I think the feats were mostly a mixed bag, and that they didn't really cover a broad enough set of weapons to really make my idea feasible. In addition, I want the feats to be less tied to a specific list of acceptable weapons. Since the campaign world will have a lot of functionally similar but differently named weapons to convey culture, I don't want a list to tie it down. So Blade Mastery will apply broadly to any bladed weapon, and so on.

After each feat I'll give a quick overview of my decision making process, so you can kinda tell me not just what works/doesn't work about the feat, but hopefully how close I came to realising what I was actually going for. Feedback is welcome and hoped for. (Sorry, this is my first time posting to this subforum. Hoping I'm doing this right so far...)

Blade Mastery
+1 to STR or DEX
If you attack with Advantage and both of the d20s would have resulted in a hit, you may disarm one weapon the enemy is currently wielding, if any.
As a Reaction, you may add your proficiency bonus to your AC for a single attack.

This replaces and expands upon Defensive Duelist. That feat is functional enough but lacks much excitement. This makes it explicit to swords, adds a minor stat buff, and gives a minor benefit on Advantage. The Advantage feature is going to be repeated on all of these. I'm a fan of design elements that match player's innate excitement of rolling. In particular, there's something both exciting and disappointing about rolling well on both dice on Advantage. On the upside, two big numbers! On the downside, one of them kind of feels like a waste. Since this is a benefit added onto an existing functional feat, it's relatively minor. Disarming is useful against humanoid opponents, but there will be large swathes of the game where that benefit rarely comes up. Still, it fits the "duelist" archetype quite well.

Dagger Mastery
+1 to STR or DEX
If you attack with Advantage and both of the d20s would have resulted in a hit, the attack becomes a Critical Hit.
If you spend your Action to perform a Disengage, you may use a Bonus action to make a thrown attack with a dagger. You may draw a new dagger as part of the Bonus action.

Here we have a very strong effect, but applied to some of the weakest weapons in the game. This obviously is a bit of bait for the rogue, but I think the impact of the feat is strong enough that you can also see other classes actually considering using a dagger over the biggest slab of metal they can find. Though I'm obviously a bit hesitant at how strong this might be, but without playtesting I'm leaning to this being acceptable. The Disengage attack just seemed like a very agile fighter sort of maneuver, a way to pepper an enemy with hits as you run away. The fact it eats up both your actions hopefully keeps it from being too strong. The fact it's also useless to the Rogue, with their Cunning Actions, means the one already most likely to benefit from this doesn't get too much from taking this.

Mace Mastery
+1 to STR or CON
If you attack with Advantage and both of the d20s would have resulted in a hit, and the enemy is no more than one size category larger than you, the enemy is knocked prone.
As a Bonus action, you swing with extra strength. You may add your Proficiency bonus to your weapon damage for the remainder of your turn.

In my experience, there's always at least one person at the table that wants to play the fighter or the barbarian. They don't want to think in combat, they just want to walk up and hit the thing. This one's for them. The Bonus action is obviously the draw here. As you level it obviously increases in utility, but at the same time there's probably more and more they could be doing with that Bonus action instead. The idea here is a trade off - increased damage for lack of versatility.

Axe Mastery
+1 to STR or CON
If you attack with Advantage and both of the d20s would have resulted in a hit, add an additional die of the weapon's damage.
As a Bonus action, you try to power through the enemy. The next attack roll you make before your round is over counts as a Critical Hit on one lower die result than is usual for your character.

To me axes always scream critical, and I've tried to base around that. I've aimed for two good-to-strong abilities but with drawbacks intended to keep them from being too strong. The Advantage mini-crit is strong but not an actual Critical, so abilities triggering off that don't work, nor do dice other than the weapon itself increase. The Bonus action ability is meant to be useful but limited. At low levels it'll probably be the best use of your Bonus action, but since it only counts for the next attack roll, multiple attacks quickly means it loses utility. At higher levels it would probably be used less often.

Polearm Mastery
+1 to STR or DEX
If you are able to attack with Advantage this round, you may instead attack that enemy without using Advantage. If you do so, you may use a Bonus action to attack a separate enemy within reach.
You may use your Reaction when an enemy moves within your reach to make an attack against them.

This is intended to replace Polearm Master from the PHB. I quite like Polearms, but the feat as written has an unintended effect upon the game. In general I dislike when a feat is so good that it becomes a nearly universal good decision, and for me Polearm Master crossed the line. The reaction is quite good but fine enough. The always-active Bonus action attack was not. The new form of it is intended to represent the large sweeping attacks a polearm is capable of. The idea being that you just arc your blow to hit more than one enemy, but you can only risk doing so if one of those enemies is more open then usual.

Heavy Weapon Mastery
+1 to STR or CON
If you attack with Advantage and both of the d20s would have resulted in a hit, you may treat your weapon dice for the attack as having rolled the max value.
If during the course of your turn you reduce an enemy to 0 HP with your weapon, you may use a Bonus action to make an additional attack with said weapon.

Heavy Weapon Master lost a lost with the houserule, and I feel this is a valid way to make it up. Maximizing the weapon dice feels good but is only a moderate bump in real terms. Unless the player crit with one of those two dice, of course... I'll think on it. I'm also removing the extra attack on a crit because thematically it doesn't seem to really fit in with the rest of the feat, and it seems like too much on top of the rest of the new benefits.

Bow Mastery
+1 to DEX or WIS
If you attack with Advantage and both of the d20s would have resulted in a hit, add 5 damage to the resulting hit.
As a Bonus action, you may either ignore the penalties for shooting at long range, or the penalties for shooting behind cover for the remainder of your turn.

This is intended to replace Sharpshooter. The flat damage felt appropriate to a sniper. The new cost to the other benefits of Sharpshooter are to bring this replacement more into line with the rest of the weapon feats.

Crossbow Mastery
+1 to DEX or WIS
You may ignore the loading property of crossbows provided you either have a hand free or are two handing said crossbow.
If you attack with Advantage and both of the d20s would have resulted in a hit, the bolt passes through that enemy. You may apply the lower of the two dice as an attack against an additional target standing beyond the first in your line of fire.
As a Bonus action, you wind the crossbow just a bit tighter, just to the breaking point. The next attack roll you make to a target in close range deals an extra die of weapon damage.

I love and hate Crossbow Master. I love crossbows, and I'm glad the feat makes them useful. I hate that it ties you to a specific crossbow to get the most effect, and that part of the benefit for the feat is just a general upgrade to all ranged combatants. So I've tried to break it out of that mold. The loading property was required for those with multiple attacks to get any use out of crossbows, so that stays. The Advantage benefit here is intended to reflect the piercing nature of the bolts. It's also one of the weaker of the features here, since there will most likely be limited situations where it's useful. So we come to the Bonus action instead for the bulk of the power. Again the limited nature prevents it from being overpowering, requiring a Bonus action to power up only a single attack that may not even hit. Thus it is useful but will eventually compete with better options.

And that's what I have so far. Interesting? Useful? Wildly off the mark? I'd welcome any feedback you may care to give. Thank you so much for reading.

Potato_Priest
2019-02-18, 10:09 PM
All of these feats should clarify what weapons they do and don't work with. EX: Does mace mastery work with the morningstar? The Flail? The Warhammer? The Maul? No indication in the feat itself, meaning that as it currently stands all these feats work with all weapons.

Other than that: Nice work. I really like it. Don't particularly approve of the bonus action attack on polearm master, seems like something else could be more thematic, but in general an excellent piece of homebrew.

Edit: Also, on the dagger master feat, in 5e it's the disengage action, not the withdraw action.

daemonaetea
2019-02-19, 08:01 AM
All of these feats should clarify what weapons they do and don't work with. EX: Does mace mastery work with the morningstar? The Flail? The Warhammer? The Maul? No indication in the feat itself, meaning that as it currently stands all these feats work with all weapons.
For my own game I don't plan to have a specific list tied to each weapon. For world building reasons, the weapons available for purchase will be extensive. You don't just have Short Swords, say, but also Gladiuses, Cutlasses, and the like. So I'll jut convey to the players what each feat is intended for and plan to be broadly permissive. If I ever did anything with these for base 5E, though, I would definitely add the weapon listing to each.

Other than that: Nice work. I really like it. Don't particularly approve of the bonus action attack on polearm master, seems like something else could be more thematic, but in general an excellent piece of homebrew.
I'm not sold on it either. It's the one piece that really works differently than the others. I mostly went with that to try to preserve a fragment of the original Bonus action from the PHB Polearm Master, but I have mixed feelings on it. How do you like this as an alternative option?

If you attack with Advantage and both of the d20s would have resulted in a hit, you also deal damage to any other adjacent enemies equal to your STR or DEX.

Edit: Also, on the dagger master feat, in 5e it's the disengage action, not the withdraw action.
Yep, I'll correct that.

daemonaetea
2019-02-20, 11:03 PM
Hey, have three more I've written up I'd also appreciate feedback for.

Unarmed Mastery
+1 to STR or CON
If you attack with Advantage and both of the d20s would have resulted in a hit, you may push the enemy back 5 feet.
If you spend your Action to perform a Dodge action, you may use a Bonus action to make an unarmed attack.
If an attack is made against you and misses, you may use your Reaction to make an immediate unarmed attack against the attacker.

This one has four benefits, but an incredibly weak Advantage use. As with Dagger mastery, this has a pretty obvious class contender in Monk, but also gives a bit less of a benefit to them. That is to say, the Monk can already Dodge as a bonus action and make their normal attacks, so that benefit is less useful to them. The real meat of this one is the counter hit on a miss, which matches my conception of a scrappy fighter getting close and use any enemy missing to lay into them.

Throwing Mastery
+1 to STR or DEX
If you attack with Advantage and both of the d20s would have resulted in a hit, the weapon is lodged firmly in the target. Until they use a Bonus action to remove the weapon, they suffer disadvantage to attack rolls and opposing DEX or STR rolls.
You may use a reaction to make a thrown attack on any enemy which is within close range of your thrown weapon and moves away from you. You may draw a new weapon after the attack as part of the reaction.

The "lodged in" aspect makes me a bit iffy, just from a mechanics standpoint, but seemed flavorful and to match the narrative of an especially well thrown attack. The fluff of the mechanics is a grappler or pusher using the jutting weapon as a handhold against the enemy. The reaction is also quite useful, and is intended to keep the enemies close and personal once they get in range.

Variable Mastery
+1 to STR or DEX
If you attack with Advantage and both of the d20s would have resulted in a hit, you may use a Bonus action to attack again, provided you switch you change your handling of the weapon for the additional attack - from two handed to single handed, or vice versa.
If you attack an enemy you have previously engaged with, and you change your handling of the weapon from that previous attack, you may make your next attack with Advantage against the enemy. You may only benefit from this effect once per round.

This is the one of these three I'm most uncertain about. It's basically a way to generate Advantage every round, but to do so you've got to be fighting in a way that means you're not using the biggest weapon you can, or a shield. So Advantage every other round (before level 5), and once per round past that, seems to be a decent reward for picking a less supported style.

Bjarkmundur
2019-02-21, 05:08 PM
I love the double advantage bonuses, and feel like weapon feats really
have this overhaul coming!

Your design goals are well envisioned, and you seem to be pretty much dead on. Most of the feats feel kinda heavy to read and wrap your head around, and I'm scared they might spook off inexperienced players. Some wording and formatting and general cleaning up will definetly bring these homebrewes from four to five stars.

Keep up the good work, and remember to repay the favor and post replies to other threads.

I'll come back with any changes I come up with after done more in-depth analysis.

Bjarkmundur
2019-02-21, 06:43 PM
So I'm in the process of cleaning up the feats, and here's what's bothered me so far. I hope you don't mind me messing about, these are merely suggestions, and I have no intent on disrespecting your creation.

Maces knocking prone and not pushing? Why?

Axe Mastery is all over the place, it simply echoes other feats of the list and does nothing to make it different or exciting.

With all these amazing feats, heavy weapon mastery seems a bit redundant seems a bit redundant.

You missed out on the chance of calling it "archery-mastery". feats are cooler when they rhyme.
I don't like flat damage bonuses, because scaling. How about "double proficiency bonus" for Bow?
Since ranged weapons share many of the same limitations and playstyles, why not just combine them into "Ranged Mastery"?

Blade Mastery
You master the shortsword, longsword, scimitar, rapier, and greatsword. You gain the following benefits when using any of them:
Increase your Strength or Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you may attempt to disarm the target, forcing it to drop one item of your choice that it's holding. The target must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, it drops the object you choose. The object lands at its feet. When a creature hits you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction to add your proficiency bonus to your AC for that attack, potentially causing it to miss you.

Dagger Mastery
Though the dagger is a simple weapon to learn, it rewards you for the time you have taken to master it. You gain the following benefits when using a dagger. Increase your Strength or Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you may roll all of the attack’s damage dice twice. Whenever you take the Disengage Action you can use a Bonus Action to Attack. You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus Attack, unless that modifier is negative. If the weapon has the Thrown property, you can throw the weapon, instead of making a melee Attack with it.

Mace Mastery
You master the club, greatclub, light hammer, mace, quarterstaff, flail, maul, and warhammer. You gain the following benefits when using any of them:
Increase your Strength or Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you may attempt to drive the target back. If the target is Large or smaller, it must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, you push the target up to 15 feet away from you. As a Bonus action, you gain a bonus to damage rolls of melee weapon attacks using Strength until the end of your turn. The bonus is equal to your proficiency bonus.

Axe Mastery
You master the handaxe, battleaxe and greataxe. . You gain the following benefits when using any of them:
Increase your Strength or Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you can reroll any damage die that results in a 2 or less.

Polearm Mastery
You master the spear, trident, pike, glaive and halberd. You gain the following benefits when using any of them:
Increase your Strength or Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you can use a bonus action to attack another creature within range. You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus Attack, unless that modifier is negative.As a reaction, you can make an opportunity attack against a creature that enters a square within your reach.

Archery Mastery
You are a master of accuracy. You gain the following benefits when using a ranged weapon:
Increase your Dexterity or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.You ignore the Loading property. When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you can add your proficiency bonus to the damage roll. As a bonus action you do ignore the penalties of shooting in your weapons long range, any cover except for total cover and shooting a creature within 5 feet of you.

daemonaetea
2019-02-21, 09:43 PM
I love the double advantage bonuses, and feel like weapon feats really
have this overhaul coming!

Your design goals are well envisioned, and you seem to be pretty much dead on. Most of the feats feel kinda heavy to read and wrap your head around, and I'm scared they might spook off inexperienced players. Some wording and formatting and general cleaning up will definetly bring these homebrewes from four to five stars.

Keep up the good work, and remember to repay the favor and post replies to other threads.

I'll come back with any changes I come up with after done more in-depth analysis.

Thank you for the kind words. I'll admit, I was a bit lazy with the wording on these initially. I actually did plan to clean them up... eventually, when they go on the Google doc where they'll live once I'm satisfied with them and make them available to my players. Though it is rude to not put in the full effort when I'm seeking advice, and I'm going to try to do better on that front in the future.

As for paying it forward - I'm actually trying! My natural tendency online is always to lurk. I'm really trying to change that though. I think I've had 10 posts over the past couple months, and that may not sound like much, but that's like my usual output for an entire year. Hopefully I'll manage to be a more frequent contributor around here.

So I'm in the process of cleaning up the feats, and here's what's bothered me so far. I hope you don't mind me messing about, these are merely suggestions, and I have no intent on disrespecting your creation.

Maces knocking prone and not pushing? Why?

Honestly, the constrained space available through normal combat options, which I'm trying to stick to when possible. I was aware that at some point I'd probably have a feat where I wanted to use push separately, and some other design goals here - not stated before - are that each of these should be unique, that they shouldn't recreate existing abilities, and to keep synergies in mind. That's another reason my redesign took away the crit feature from Great Weapon Master - too much synergy with the Axe Mastery feat as I originally had it.

Axe Mastery is all over the place, it simply echoes other feats of the list and does nothing to make it different or exciting.

In my head I classed it similar to Mace Mastery - boring but effective. I mentioned on that one, but I think there's always plenty of players that are drawn to those. That's not to say I'm wedded to what I have - I do want to preserve the "sharp" flavor, but beyond that everything I've put up here are just thoughts and ideas. But I do think that there's a place in every group for meat and potato ideas.

With all these amazing feats, heavy weapon mastery seems a bit redundant seems a bit redundant.

Another thing I feel constrained by here is the "ghost" of the feats I'm taking away from the players. A number of them, before picking up my campaign, will have per-concieved ideas made with the old feats. So I feel bound to keep at least a part of that baked into the new ones. Since the power attack option will be standard at my table, that part is taken care of. But in my experience, the second most used part of that feat is the attack when an enemy drops to 0. That's your mob crusher, and at our table usually comes up at a decent clip. So it had to stay. Then, for the Advantage ability, I tried to think of something that would fit the "feel" of an especially good hit with a big ol' weapon. And something that would feel good at the table. To me, one of the things I'm always dubious about with your various great weapons are the dice. Quite frankly, my d10s and d12s just seem to hate me more than my trusty d6s and d8s. There's something so terribly unsatisfying about hitting with those big weapons and rolling a 3. It just sits there looking sad and pathetic. And since a super solid hit with a Heavy weapon should feel like you really gave it your all. Thus, auto-max damage. You get the full benefit of your (likely very large) damage die, and mechanically it represents you hitting your enemy as hard as you possibly could with that swing. You left nothing on the table.

...Or at least, that's the narrative idea I had for it. If you have any other ideas for the Advantage ability, I'd love to hear them. And not in the snarky "hoho, I'd like to see you do better" way, but in the "I would love this ability to be better and I just don't have a better idea right now, please tell me you do".

You missed out on the chance of calling it "archery-mastery". feats are cooler when they rhyme.

1. That's good.
2. But if I use that, I'll feel compelled to find something better for all the others too. I'm not sure I'm ready for that level of commitment.

I don't like flat damage bonuses, because scaling. How about "double proficiency bonus" for Bow?

I actually like that better, yeah.

Since ranged weapons share many of the same limitations and playstyles, why not just combine them into "Ranged Mastery"?

Mostly for the cultural differential reasons I'm making these for. I want a Longbow culture to have different playstyles than a Crossbow style culture. But mechanically nah, they totally could.

Blade Mastery
You master the shortsword, longsword, scimitar, rapier, and greatsword. You gain the following benefits when using any of them:
When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you may attempt to disarm the target, forcing it to drop one item of your choice that it's holding. The target must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, it drops the object you choose. The object lands at its feet. When a creature hits you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction to add your proficiency bonus to your AC for that attack, potentially causing it to miss you.

So first off, thanks and bravo on putting these into 5E speak, you did a great job on that.

You added a Saving throw to this one, and a couple of the others below. And I waffled really, really hard myself on adding it to a few of them. But ultimately I came down on not, for the same reason this edition removed confirming crits - it feels bad to have an amazing roll negated. For these benefits to activate you have to first have advantage, and then make two great rolls while having advantage. To then have the enemy have a chance of negating the impact just felt unsatisfying to me. But I also think that it arguably makes certain benefits more balanced - I personally don't think Disarm is a very strong maneuver in general and so doesn't really need this, but prone is super useful and arguably should have it. But for the sake of a satisfying ability, I just chose to keep them off for now.

Dagger Mastery
Though the dagger is a simple weapon to learn, it rewards you for the time you have taken to master it. You gain the following benefits when using a dagger. Increase your Strength or Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you may roll all of the attack’s damage dice twice. Whenever you take the Disengage Action you can use a Bonus Action to Attack. You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus Attack, unless that modifier is negative. If the weapon has the Thrown property, you can throw the weapon, instead of making a melee Attack with it.

I'm curious if there's a reason you didn't use the verbiage of just calling it a critical hit. Was that for balance reasons, ie an ability that specifically triggers off a critical that could be dangerous with this? Or is there language elsewhere in some material that's like this which you're drawing from?

Mace Mastery
You master the club, greatclub, light hammer, mace, quarterstaff, flail, maul, and warhammer. You gain the following benefits when using any of them:
Increase your Strength or Dexterity score by 1, to a maximum of 20.When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you may attempt to drive the target back. If the target is Large or smaller, it must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, you push the target up to 15 feet away from you. As a Bonus action, you gain a bonus to damage rolls of melee weapon attacks using Strength until the end of your turn. The bonus is equal to your proficiency bonus.

Pushback over prone is arguably a downgrade, but I think it's both more in line with the "idea" of maces, and was a needed downgrade given the bonus action here is one of the more straightforwardly useful abilities. I think the only thing I'd add here is maybe a description of what happens if you push the target into another enemy, or a wall. Damage for the latter, and maybe a save or prone for the former - the ability to knock two enemies prone being too generally useful not to give them a save, despite my previous feelings on the matter.

Axe Mastery
You master the handaxe, battleaxe and greataxe. . You gain the following benefits when using any of them:
Increase your Strength or Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you can reroll any damage die that results in a 2 or less.

This is the same benefit of Heavy Weapon fighting style.

Polearm Mastery
You master the spear, trident, pike, glaive and halberd. You gain the following benefits when using any of them:
Increase your Strength or Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you can use a bonus action to attack another creature within range. You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus Attack, unless that modifier is negative.As a reaction, you can make an opportunity attack against a creature that enters a square within your reach.

Ohh, nice variant on the idea. I'm kinda digging this. Still useful, especially for those usually drawn to the PHB version of this feat because they have riders they can apply to their hits. But less of a two-weapon fighting replacement. I'm really digging this.

Archery Mastery
You are a master of accuracy. You gain the following benefits when using a ranged weapon:
Increase your Dexterity or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.You ignore the Loading property. When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you can add your proficiency bonus to the damage roll. As a bonus action you do ignore the penalties of shooting in your weapons long range, any cover except for total cover and shooting a creature within 5 feet of you.

As previously said, I really don't want to combine these in my game for fluff reasons. But I think this works well as is, and on reflection I was really being too stingy with the bonus action on Bow Mastery and think I'll probably replace my version of that with this one.

Thank you again for all your feedback, it's much appreciated.

Potato_Priest
2019-02-22, 01:21 AM
Came up with another idea for polearm master: A defensive feature against other polearm wielders. Something like "While wielding a polearm you may add your proficiency bonus to your armor class against melee attacks from creatures more than 5 feet away from you." This represents both being better at blocking attacks with your polearm and being able to threaten creatures that far away, making them more cautious on the offense.

Also, I liked the original mace master a lot. While it was somewhat better than some of the other weapon feats, the mace and its close buddies (the flail, morningstar, and warhammer) really don't get enough love, so I thought it was alright as long as it didn't include the maul.

Bjarkmundur
2019-02-22, 06:55 PM
Your point regarding heavy weapon mastery is really good. I'm kinda bummed I didn't think about that. Your really have put a lot of thought into this!

Your Longbow vs Crossbow argument is compelling. I have been compelled. Where you thinking sniper for one and close quarters for the other? I feel that kinda takes away from the crossbow user that wants to snipe and vice-versa. I just feel like we're out of features. I guess we can use "hobbling strike", but I think the "shoot through a dude" flavour is a bit over the top.

You're right about the conformation on the disarm. It would hurt so bad to have all these amazing rolls just for the feat to do absolutely nothing.

Regarding the wording on Dagger Mastery… I Simply ripped it out of the DM-guide, no thought beyond that. I simply wanted it to be self contained, rule-wise. Can you give me an example for things triggered by a critical hit?

Regarding Axe Mastery. I have to be completely honest with you. I ripped most of these from the Battle Master. My thought was that if a make the feats echo actual features they'd better blend in with the whole of 5e. Like potions that have the same effects as spells. Why make a separate potion of invisibility when you can just copy the text from the spell. Also makes it fun for the players to know how an effect works, simply by having used a similar feature from a different source. It also does a lot for availability of existing features. Why should the fighter get all the good stuff? Many homebrewers are extremely talented in making creative new content. My style is more that of someone trying to pass fake rules off as genuine. I know that I've made a good feature when a player can't tell whether it's a homebrew or not. My style is obviously clashing a bit with yours, it was pretty much bound to happen ^^

…. I can't believe I'm asking… What's the heavy weapon fighting style? Still, isn't it a perfect solution to your “bad rolls using big dice” problem? I'm not much for reinventing wheels. If there exists a feature that solves the problem, you simply need to make the feature available, like through a feat, for example. A player wants to fly? Give him one of the racial flight features as a hero award. A player wants to be a potion thrower? Give him Acid Splash and Fireball reflavoured. That's my approach, usually.

I still think it's kinda funky how these feats, as written, kinda give characters ability score bonuses only when holding a weapon. But no-one's noticed that so far, so maybe it's not weird xD

Can you post your feats with the features you liked added, so I can see how everything fuses togheter?

daemonaetea
2019-02-22, 08:11 PM
Came up with another idea for polearm master: A defensive feature against other polearm wielders. Something like "While wielding a polearm you may add your proficiency bonus to your armor class against melee attacks from creatures more than 5 feet away from you." This represents both being better at blocking attacks with your polearm and being able to threaten creatures that far away, making them more cautious on the offense.

I like the flavor of that vs humanoid weapon users, but flavor wise it works less well for me against the most common melee attack not coming from adjacent - large+ monsters with reach. Though I'm gonna put some thought into it, see if I can find a way to insert that into the feat in a way that fits that martial vs martial flavor more.

Your Longbow vs Crossbow argument is compelling. I have been compelled. Where you thinking sniper for one and close quarters for the other? I feel that kinda takes away from the crossbow user that wants to snipe and vice-versa. I just feel like we're out of features. I guess we can use "hobbling strike", but I think the "shoot through a dude" flavour is a bit over the top.

I'll admit I'm not too fond of the "shoot through" thing either, but I really wanted the Advantage ability for crossbows to be "pierce". In my imaginings crossbows just have a bit more punch than a normal bow, and that's what makes it special. But making the attack ignore AC is both clunky, and has weird chicken and egg problems considering it's activated by having both rolls hit. So I'm gonna keep working on this one, see if I can think of something better.

As for ranged vs close - I actually do miss that advantage from crossbow mastery, but there wasn't really room for it in my version of the feat. As is the bow feat is a bit more suited for long range, since it still keeps the attack at a distance thing, while the crossbow feat (as I originally wrote it) got a specific benefit only when within the close range of the weapon. So of the two, the crossbow definitely has a leg up with close-to fighting. But it does make me think there actually is room for a crossover feat that would apply to bows AND crossbows, styled for close up ranged combat... Gonna give that a bit of a think over.

(Another minor goal - I know, I have a lot of those for what I'm doing - is optimally I'd like each weapon to qualify for more than one feat. So that different cultures might fight with the same weapon, but have a radically different approach with it. So Greatsword falls under both Blade Mastery and Heavy Weapon Mastery. One culture defensive, the other offensive.)

Regarding the wording on Dagger Mastery… I Simply ripped it out of the DM-guide, no thought beyond that. I simply wanted it to be self contained, rule-wise. Can you give me an example for things triggered by a critical hit?

The only thing I can think of is the Barbarian class feature that means they roll more dice on a crit. So it's minor, but it's there. And now that I think on it, there should be language that can be referenced for this! The Assassin subclass for Rogue has an ability that makes normal hits into crits, so I'll crib the language from there.

Regarding Axe Mastery. I have to be completely honest with you. I ripped most of these from the Battle Master. My thought was that if a make the feats echo actual features they'd better blend in with the whole of 5e. Like potions that have the same effects as spells. Why make a separate potion of invisibility when you can just copy the text from the spell. Also makes it fun for the players to know how an effect works, simply by having used a similar feature from a different source. It also does a lot for availability of existing features. Why should the fighter get all the good stuff? Many homebrewers are extremely talented in making creative new content. My style is more that of someone trying to pass fake rules off as genuine. I know that I've made a good feature when a player can't tell whether it's a homebrew or not. My style is obviously clashing a bit with yours, it was pretty much bound to happen ^^

No worries on the clash! As you said, that's bound to happen. Feedback is less about making the other person agree so much as just giving another point of view, getting outside your head. And that's valuable even if you don't use all the advice in the final product. The important thing is that you actually considered the problem from another angle and so, by default, whatever you end up with will be stronger because it was put under more scrutiny.

I agree on the echo bit, by the way. I think what makes it different here is... well, let's go to the next bit, because what I have to say for that is pertinent.

…. I can't believe I'm asking… What's the heavy weapon fighting style? Still, isn't it a perfect solution to your “bad rolls using big dice” problem? I'm not much for reinventing wheels. If there exists a feature that solves the problem, you simply need to make the feature available, like through a feat, for example. A player wants to fly? Give him one of the racial flight features as a hero award. A player wants to be a potion thrower? Give him Acid Splash and Fireball reflavoured. That's my approach, usually.

Another terrible habit I have is just going based on what I mostly remember, instead of looking it up... I'm referring to the Great Weapon Fighting style available as a class feature to Fighters and Paladins. It lets you reroll 1s and 2s on weapon dice when using a weapon two handed. I don't think it's necessarily bad to replicate mechanics - it's super useful, actually! - but I do think it's bad when you replicate something that a common character that might want that option already has. So since Greataxe is a popular choice for a two hand fighter, and since I want the Axe feat to be tempting to them, directly replicating that option limits the usefulness of the feat - it's pre-built to not be attractive to a large part of the audience it hopes to attract. It would be much better to apply a similar effect to a class of character that might otherwise not have that option available - say, the ability to reroll 1s on daggers, which would otherwise not have the reroll mechanic available.

And I think that's what makes your example of the potion thrower using Acid Splash really good, and absolutely something I'd do in my game, and grabbing the effect from Great Weapon Fighting style less useful. Copying a power from a place not normally seen to somewhere else is fine, as is reflavoring. But copying something that the player can already take for a new thing just results in an option that's, by default, not useful to players who take the original. Like if you made a Potion Throwing cantrip and added it to the wizard's list as a new option, but it just copied the Acid Splash spell in every way, it's less useful. But if you made an Potion Throwing cantrip and added it to a new subclass you were making, or feat meant for Rogues, and it copies Acid Splash that's perfect.

I still think it's kinda funky how these feats, as written, kinda give characters ability score bonuses only when holding a weapon. But no-one's noticed that so far, so maybe it's not weird xD

See, this is an example of my terribly sloppy drafting. It's intended for the stat increase to always be active, and for the other abilities to work only with the correct weapon. But, as written, once you've taken the feat you could apply the effects to basically anything. So gonna fix that when...

Can you post your feats with the features you liked added, so I can see how everything fuses togheter?

Absolutely! Since I want to do this proper this time, it'll be a few hours until I have a chance to sit down and really write them up as they should be. I'm also going to go ahead and attach the weapons from core that should apply to every feat. That won't be the exact list as it's used in my game, but hopefully if anyone else that finds this wants to use the feats it'll make it more useful to them. And since I sincerely hope this might help others, it's really something I should do.

Back in a few!

Bjarkmundur
2019-02-22, 08:50 PM
**** dude. You're so thorough my mom is getting jealous.

We can have like a tree of feats. Like specific weapon groups, one handed, two handed, bludgeoning mastery, piercing mastery etc. That should give everyone options, while still keeping availability to others. For example the reroll mechanic can be on an Axe feat, but something more tempting for the fighter could be on the Slashing Mastery Feat.

We're probably in over our head by then, with a list of thirty feats to make, which is not a very clean solution. I am usually more in favor of a few good generic options, rather then a multitude of specific ones. But if you want to have a Bow Mastery, Crossbow Mastery and a Ranged Masrery feat, we can definitely go that route.

daemonaetea
2019-02-22, 10:52 PM
**** dude. You're so thorough my mom is getting jealous.

I've... Kinda been on a really heavy roll recently. Probably won't be able to maintain this level of output long, so trying to make the most of it while it lasts. And when I get way into an idea, I can be... thorough. To a frankly unnecessary degree. But to me, all this crazy prep and work is the fun part.

Like, for instance, the campaign I'm making this for? I started out by deciding to make a system for running a sandbox game, and decided to make my map on a grid with 30 mile squares. Each square of the map, representing 30 miles by 30 miles, would have a random encounter chart, a detailed map, a list of locations and and major NPCs, and a list of storylines ongoing in that square. And about a hundred squares seemed like a good solid number, giving a large area while still being doable over a few weeks of work.

Exceeeept, well... I got to thinking - how large would that be, in real world terms? And it turns out it's about the size of a larger US state, or maybe a single country in western Europe. Which made me curious - how many squares would you need to make the entire world? Well, it turns out the answer to that is way too many.

But to make a world the size of, say, Mars is just barely considerable... So that's what I'm doing. The overall map is 130 wide by 80 tall of the mega squares. Once you block off 70% ocean (not a lot going on in your average ocean tile) and permafrost (also not really needing a map specifically) you're left with around 1700 squares to fill in. Now, I'm not completely crazy! I'm working on it a continent at a time, so each individual area of attention is between 30 and 300 squares to fill in. But that's the project I'm currently working on these feats for. (I've got the world map created, and have finished the detailed map of the first continent, and am now drafting out the info for each of the squares that make it up.)

...You can call me crazy, all my friends have already done so. But I have to admit - I'm having an absolute blast with this ridiculous project.

We can have like a tree of feats. Like specific weapon groups, one handed, two handed, bludgeoning mastery, piercing mastery etc. That should give everyone options, while still keeping availability to others. For example the reroll mechanic can be on an Axe feat, but something more tempting for the fighter could be on the Slashing Mastery Feat.

We're probably in over our head by then, with a list of thirty feats to make, which is not a very clean solution. I am usually more in favor of a few good generic options, rather then a multitude of specific ones. But if you want to have a Bow Mastery, Crossbow Mastery and a Ranged Masrery feat, we can definitely go that route.
See, this is a situation where I feel really bad, because you are absolutely right. In general design principals, what your describing is good, and it's what I would normally stick to. It's just that, in this one specific instance, I specifically don't want to do that because the multitude of options is specifically what I'm trying to cultivate to create that very specific flavor for each area. Given the frankly absurd level of work I'm already putting in - see above - making a few more feats really isn't daunting to me at this point.

Oh, and just to give a preview of some other work I'll be putting on here in the coming days for feedback - additional racial feats (for those races that didn't get them in Xanathar's), new mounts and mount rules, and racial cultural split for those races that don't have it yet (like goliaths and half-elves, among others). Got a looot of pans in the fire right now.

Anyway, that's enough about all that. Let's give out the feats, round 2!

So, I tried to fix each feat to refer only to the intended weapons. Ultimately, though, this made the wording really, really awkward. It's kind of a cop out, but it ended up just working much better when there was a general rule clarification for the lot of them put at the top, instead of shoehorning the language into each feat alone. So...

Weapon Mastery Feats
These feats are intended to represent your characters increased martial abilities with a given weapon. You may only take the feat if you have proficiency in one of the weapons associated with that feat. In addition, the combat benefits of each feat are only useable while wielding one of the weapons associated with the feat. Last, all activated abilities and extra attacks granted by these feats are only usable with the weapons associated with the feats.

Blade Mastery
You master daggers, greatswords, longswords, rapiers, scimitars, short swords, and sickles. Thanks to extensive training with these bladed weapons, you have gained the following benefits:
If you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you may disarm the target, forcing it to drop one item of your choice that it's holding. The object lands at its feet.
When a creature hits you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction to add your proficiency bonus to your AC for that attack, potentially causing it to miss you.

Dagger Mastery
Though the dagger is a simple weapon to learn, it rewards you for the time you have taken to master it. You gain the following benefits:
When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit that attack becomes a crit, even if one of the dice rolled was not a 20.
Whenever you take the Disengage Action you can use a Bonus Action to make a melee attack using a dagger. Alternatively you may throw the dagger instead. If you throw the dagger you may draw a new dagger after the attack as part of the action.

Mace Mastery
You master the club, flail, greatclub, light hammer, mace, maul, morningstar, quarterstaff, and warhammer. You gain the following benefits:
Increase your Strength or Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit the enemy is knocked prone, so long as they are no more than one size category larger than you.
As a Bonus action, you gain a bonus to damage rolls of melee weapon until the end of your turn. The bonus is equal to your proficiency bonus.

Axe Mastery
You master the battleaxe, handaxe, and greataxe. You gain the following benefits:
When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you can roll your weapon damage twice and use the better of the two results.
You may use a Bonus Action to ready a particularly deadly swing. The next attack you make before the end of your turn scores a critical hit on a roll up to one less than is typical for your character.

Polearm Mastery
You master the glaive, halberd, pike, spear, and trident. You gain the following benefits:
When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you can use a bonus action to attack another creature within range. You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus Attack, unless that modifier is negative.
As a reaction, you can make an opportunity attack against a creature that enters a square within your reach.

Bow Mastery
You master the shortbow and longbow. You gain the following benefits:
Increase your Dexterity or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you can add your proficiency bonus to the damage roll.
As a Bonus action you can focus intently on the battlefield. This allows you to ignore the penalties of shooting in your weapons at long range, as well as any cover except for total cover, for the remainder of the round.

Crossbow Mastery
You master the hand crossbow, heavy crossbow, and light crossbow. You gain the following benefits:
Increase your Dexterity or Wisdom score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you reduce their maximum HP by the total of the damage inflicted. To restore their maximum HP the bolt must be pulled out and the wound treated by making a DC 15 Medicine check.
As a Bonus action you can wind the crossbow to the very breaking point. If the next attack before the end of the current round results in a hit, you may roll an additional die of weapon damage.

Melee Archery Mastery
You have attained special mastery of ranged and thrown weaponry. You gain the following benefits:
Increase your Strength or Dexterity by 1, to a maximum of 20.
When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit the enemy is unable to make Reactions until the end of their next turn.
Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature does not impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.
When an enemy is within either 30 feet or close range of your ranged or thrown weapons, whichever is closer, and moves away from you, you may use your Reactioin to make an attack with that weapon again that enemy.

Unarmed Mastery
You have attained mastery of your own body as a weapon. You gain the following benefits:
Increase your Strength or Constitution by 1, to a maximum of 20.
When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you may push the enemy back 5 feet. If the enemy collides with a surface they take 1d6 Bludgeoning damage. If they collide with another creature both creatures must make a Strength or Dexterity saving throw (DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength) or fall prone.
If you use the Dodge action, you may use a Bonus Action to make an unarmed attack.
If an enemy makes an attack against your character and misses, you may use your Reaction to make an unarmed attack against that enemy.

Variable Mastery
You have attained mastery of weapons with the Variable special property. You gain the following benefits:
Increase your Strength or Constitution by 1, to a maximum of 20.
When you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit you may use a Bonus action to make another attack against the same enemy. This attack must be made using a different handling than the initial attack - from two handing to using one hand, or from using one hand to two handing.
If you attack an enemy you have attacked either on the current round or on the previous round, and you change the handling of your weapon - from two handing to using one hand, or from using one hand to two handing - you may make the attack roll with advantage.

...Phew.

Bjarkmundur
2019-02-24, 07:28 AM
Haha, I love big projects! Hope you manage to see it all through ^^

List of feats that are not yet perfect:
Blade Mastery
Dagger Mastery
Mace Mastery
Axe Mastery
Polearm Mastery
Bow Mastery
Crossbow Mastery
Melee Archery Mastery
Unarmed Mastery
Variable Mastery

Dagger Mastery: a rogue uses Dagger. A rogue uses a bonus action to disengage. Doesn't that make this feet unappealing for rogues, since they only get one bonus action per turn. How about "as a part of the action you can make a quick attack, you do not add your ability modifier..."

Axe MasteryThe crit-that-isn't-a-crit-and-one-fewer-dice is a bit of a mouthful. Any chance of cleaning it up and making just a liiiiiiiiittle bit more streamline? How about the next attack adding an extra d8?

Melee Archery Mastery. Too many words :'(. How about something along the lines of "Whenever a creature within 15 feet of you that you can see willingly moves closer to you, you can use your reaction to make an attack against that creature."

Unarmed Mastery . That is so flavorful! Wow! Is it too much to add "You, have advantage when using the shove or grab action". I really feel like this feat is OK to be OP, simple because of how little damage unarmed fighting does.

Variable Mastery Maybe simply define "change handling" in the "flavor text" so you don't have to write it twice. Just makes it less wordy. Or you can call the feat "Blade Flourish" and have it only work if you go from two handed to one handed. Then you can say "..... using both hands you can make a second attack using one hand"

Can we make a grappler fear? "when you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit and you have one hand free you can grab the creature.
Creatures grabbed by you have a disadvantage on ability checks to escape your grab"
....or you know, something along those lines. I don't know, it's early, I need my tea before I can homebrew anything worthwhile xD

I've completely neglected your throwing mastery BTW. Sorry about that.

daemonaetea
2019-02-24, 08:17 AM
Dagger Mastery: a rogue uses Dagger. A rogue uses a bonus action to disengage. Doesn't that make this feet unappealing for rogues, since they only get one bonus action per turn. How about "as a part of the action you can make a quick attack, you do not add your ability modifier..."

The "unappealing for rogues" bit was intentional! There's a similar aspect to Unarmed Mastery, where you get a bonus action attack on a Dodge, where monks can already use a ki point to Dodge as a bonus action thus doing their attack with the action. In both cases this benefit is intended to make the character that takes these feats slightly more rogue/monk like, while negating a small amount of the feat usage for the rogue/monk. I talked a lot about satisfying choices, and this is deliberately violating that rule. That's because I feel these feats are so obvious a choice for these two classes, and so generally useful in their other options, that making part of the feat less useful to those classes is a valid design to limit their power in that scenario.

Basically the rogue - outside the paladin, who is less likely to just use a dagger - stands to gain the most from crits in the party. In addition, the rogue is also the class most able to generate their own advantage on a semi-reliable basis, through sneakery. Thus Dagger Mastery is already giving them a lot just with the stat up and Advantage crit.

Same for Unarmed Mastery and the monk. The other benefits of the class are already generally useful enough for them that making this one option slightly less good is a balance decision. Although for that one there's at least an edge case benefit for the monk, of being able to Dodge-Attack when they're out of ki points, albeit with one less attack than general for that combo at 5th level and above.

Axe MasteryThe crit-that-isn't-a-crit-and-one-fewer-dice is a bit of a mouthful. Any chance of cleaning it up and making just a liiiiiiiiittle bit more streamline? How about the next attack adding an extra d8?

It's super wordy! The reason I have it like that though is so that a Champion Fighter still benefits. The concept of Crit Range doesn't really exist in 5E, or else this would be simple to define. But 5E generally sets things to specific ranges, always. Every other crit modifier in the game just says "you crit on a 19-20" or similar. I was tempted to do so here as well, just making this an option the Champion Fighter would quietly ignore - as the other two benefits alone aren't really strong enough to entice such a character to this feat over another. But ultimately I really like the idea of Champion Fighters being especially drawn to this class, and I feel trading your bonus action for a single attack with a really great crit range isn't really broken for them.

I considered the bonus action for extra dice thing, but it seems to step on the toes of Mace Mastery. Trying to keep all of these relatively mechanically distinct, but since 5E is streamlined there's a relatively constrained set of base tools to work with. But I think things that mostly use those base tools are stronger. But it does mean the more of these I make, the harder it is not to start toe-stepping.

By the way, I retroactively feel a bit more understanding of all the writers for all the RPG books I've read. Making things both concise and clear in meaning is a lot harder than I thought at times. All the jargon attached to a product makes a lot more sense when you realize it's much easier to define jargon and then reference it elsewhere, even if that front loads a lot of reading before understanding can happen. Mea culpa.

(Now I'm wondering if we could mathematically calculate a jargon-to-speech ratio for different books to find how much compression is optimal based on the style of game you're building, and...)

Melee Archery Mastery. Too many words :'(. How about something along the lines of "Whenever a creature within 15 feet of you that you can see willingly moves closer to you, you can use your reaction to make an attack against that creature."

That works, but in reverse is the intended effect! Basically the idea of an archer/thrower that gets into combat and then actually wants to stay close to the enemy, and punishes the enemy for leaving their "zone". So they're able to attack as a reaction when an enemy who's too close to them tries to leave.

Unarmed Mastery . That is so flavorful! Wow! Is it too much to add "You, have advantage when using the shove or grab action". I really feel like this feat is OK to be OP, simple because of how little damage unarmed fighting does.

I like that too, but this feat already has 4 benefits, which is at the upper limit for these. But I also already had a couple other ideas I couldn't fit into this one, so I might have a "Wrestling Mastery" feat in me as well that sees that along with the other things I was considering.

Variable Mastery Maybe simply define "change handling" in the "flavor text" so you don't have to write it twice. Just makes it less wordy. Or you can call the feat "Blade Flourish" and have it only work if you go from two handed to one handed. Then you can say "..... using both hands you can make a second attack using one hand"

For this, I was going off the principle I learned in programming - if you find yourself writing the same code twice, leave it in. If you find yourself writing it a third time, move it to a common method. Here, since I only use the language twice, it seemed just barely more awkward to define it commonly only to refer to it twice than it did just to write it twice. But this is purely a style/feeling thing, and both are totally valid. This just conflicts with a "rule" that lives in my head.

Can we make a grappler fear? "when you make an attack with advantage where both rolls would result in a hit and you have one hand free you can grab the creature.
Creatures grabbed by you have a disadvantage on ability checks to escape your grab"
....or you know, something along those lines. I don't know, it's early, I need my tea before I can homebrew anything worthwhile xD

Yep, the Wrestling Mastery I'll add will basically be a grappling and maneuvering feat, so probably will have a bit of this.

I've completely neglected your throwing mastery BTW. Sorry about that.

That's fine, I actually collapsed that one into the Battle Archery feat. I didn't really like all the mechanics the Throwing feat had, but I realized while trying to come up with the combo bow/crossbow close range feat that I did like the reaction I used in the throwing feat for it too. So I decided to just collapse those styles together and take the pieces from both ideas I liked to make one thing that worked better.

Bjarkmundur
2019-02-24, 09:36 AM
We can make a semi-common feature for all of these feats. Like a baseline, so we don't have to come up with interesting ways of increasing damage for each one. Just slap a +2 damage bonus or a +1 hit bonus to all of the feats that seem to warrant it.

Or we can strive away from all damage increasing effects and focus on feel and utility.

For the dice-hunters we can just write a "Slayer Mastery" feat which increases damage on all weapon attacks by a good amount, and thus leave more room for utility and creativity for the other mastery feats.

Trying to find thirty different ways of writing "You deal more damage if you take this feat" might become a creative hurdle later on, so we should probably address it now. At least decide what our opinions are on the whole matter.

You keep demanding creativity and I keep demanding clean writing. In these last couple of posts it feels like we switched sides xD

daemonaetea
2019-02-24, 11:26 PM
I just wanted to thank you for the help. I'm more or less satisfied with the state of these feats for the moment. At minimum they've given me enough to go ahead and start portioning them out to the world I'm making, and use them to shape the cultures they're attached to. I'll probably do some more tinkering with them later, but gonna move on for now. Just wanted to let you know and not go radio silence. Instead I'll be back tomorrow morning with the rules for mounts I've been working on the past couple days. Thanks again.

Bjarkmundur
2019-02-25, 03:27 AM
Woo! ^_^
Good luck mate