PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying my campaign world is coming to an end

Torpin
2019-02-18, 11:11 PM
my friends and i have been using this world since the 90s. at this point there are only 5 gods left alive, the abyss is winning, orcus has taken over graz'zt domain and killed him, subjugated pazuzu and dagon, 4 of the 9 layers of hell have been destoryed by orcus's army, the celestial lion and all his companions are dead... just everyone is dying. so over the next few months my players are gonna have to defeat orcus before he destroys everything. my question for you all, does anyone want to remotely play any of the major players by directing heavenly or hellish armies? i give you periodic updates and you tell me what they would do?

StevenC21
2019-02-18, 11:44 PM
That sounds INSANELY cool and I am definitely interested.

inuyasha
2019-02-19, 12:15 AM
I am incredibly interested as well, but I'm not sure of my own schedule. That sounds amazingly fun though, and it'd be fun to be involved.

Hackulator
2019-02-19, 01:27 AM
Sounds like a cool idea, I'd be down.

martixy
2019-02-19, 03:32 AM
I'd be up for a game of interplanar Diplomacy, if that's what's on offer here.

Crake
2019-02-19, 05:56 AM
If I were a player in that game, I would focus all my effort toward collapsing the planes, eliminating every last being on them, and ending the blood war menace for all eternity. Just sayin'.

Torpin
2019-02-19, 08:50 AM
ok so here are the roles that are available
Morwell, queen of stars

steve the tarrasque, a wizard abjurer who has permanently possessed the tarrasque. stevenc21

Ixine, arch druid

fane ghosteye, archmage in charge of the wizard college (sounds like this would be the one crake is interested in)

barchiel,

raziel,

sealtiel

mammon

levistus Elricaltovilla

Mephistopheles- hackulator

baazelbul inyuasha

Rahab, new head of the dark 8, also a horned devil

Moloch, Demogorgons general Thealtruistorc

Demogorgon my roommate

Lolth

asmodeus, majneb , snah, isen and zaphkiel have all been taekn by rl friends... this is gonna be silly

Hackulator
2019-02-19, 09:02 AM
DIBS ON MEPHISTOPHELES! :smallbiggrin:

Torpin
2019-02-19, 09:23 AM
I'd be up for a game of interplanar Diplomacy, if that's what's on offer here.

its whatever everyone happens to do, and my pcs will have to react to the conditions in the multiverse

StevenC21
2019-02-19, 10:21 AM
Can I have Steve based on my username alone?

Elricaltovilla
2019-02-19, 10:32 AM
This sounds like an amazing idea. Color me interested.

Torpin
2019-02-19, 11:14 AM
This sounds like an amazing idea. Color me interested.

sure, who do you want to be

Hackulator
2019-02-19, 11:34 AM
When do you want to give out setting info and have people start giving you plans?

Torpin
2019-02-19, 12:01 PM
probably this weekend, there is a lot that just been going on in my head. and i dont have any of it written down and then updates will happen whenever the players advance a week in game, or on a day something major happens. so at most once a week

inuyasha
2019-02-19, 07:50 PM
I'm still a little iffy on my ability to participate, but honestly I'd love to be Demogorgon!

Hackulator
2019-02-19, 07:51 PM
I'm still a little iffy on my ability to participate, but honestly I'd love to be Demogorgon!

Demogorgon should be two people though. :smallbiggrin:

inuyasha
2019-02-19, 07:53 PM
Two people? Or just one who's incredibly indecisive :biggrin:

Altogether though, Demogorgon would be awesome as heck to play.

Thealtruistorc
2019-02-19, 07:53 PM
I would love to play any CE faction in this. THE ABYSS HUNGERS FOR ITS RECKONING! THE MULTIVERSE SHALL FINALLY LEARN!

StevenC21
2019-02-19, 07:55 PM
I would like to reassert my claim over Steve the Tarrasque.

Hackulator
2019-02-19, 07:57 PM
I would like to reassert my claim over Steve the Tarrasque.

I second StevenC21 as Steve, but only if he changes his forum named to SteveC21. :smallwink:

Elricaltovilla
2019-02-19, 07:58 PM
sure, who do you want to be

I've always had a soft spot for Levistus. Is he still trapped in a glacier in your campaign?

Torpin
2019-02-19, 09:18 PM

demogoron has only one head right now and is being played by my roommate

Elricaltovilla he is not still in the ice, because the hordes of the abyss have melted the ice, he is infact constantly on the front lines
steven 21 yeah you got dibs on steve the tarrasque
i'm going to be giving updates whenever anything major happens or 1 week in game time.

StevenC21
2019-02-19, 09:20 PM
Glad to hear it!

Torpin
2019-02-19, 09:25 PM
here is a rough timeline of the events
a.s.stands for after steve, denoting when steve took over the tarrasque, which is considered the biggest event in the history of the material plane,

0. A.S steve takes over the tarrasque

It is 207 a.s. Unbeknownst to the other greater beings orcus has discovered the husk of the prime mover of creation and has began to siphon off the lingering power, propelling him to a state more powerful than he or any other demon lord has ever achieved, he is being to show the first sparks of godhood and is hungering for more

222.a.s. Orcus managed to trick pelor and vecna into the same place, pelor completely destorys vecna but is terribly wounded in the process, seizing his oppurtunity the prince of undead manages to steal pelors divine spark before dropping him into the belly of husk.

223 with his new powers in hand orcus confronts dagon utterly beating him into submission and taking over his domain. Dagon now lives in a weaken state, controlled with a collar of pure divine energy

228 after losing a considerable defeat at the front line of the blood war due to dagon's treachery graz'zt learns of his former allies subjugation, in an attempt to free him he sends dracolich Isan to try to kill dagon unbeknownst to graz'zt orcus had long ago won the loyalty of isan. When he leave he take graz'zt personal guard with him allowing orcus to slip in and slay graz'zt

235 a.s. at this point all the greater deites have fallen, the only remaining gods are bahamut,lolth, tiamet, snah, and majneb, Snah and Majneb so concerned with maintaining the status quo have taken to answering prayer for all deities, and granting all clerics their divine power.

236 orcus having secured dominion over his and 2 other demon princes's domains along with an alliance with 2 other demonlords launches a full scale assualt on hell completely whiping out bel lord of the first and the dark 8 in a matter of hours.within a months time the first 4 layers have been pulled from existence and fed to the prime mover. Hell for the most part has stop getting new souls and thus stop replenishing power. The main front in the blood wars is now the fifth layer heading the army is Tiamet and a a great wyrm of each chromatic type. There is 1 pit fiend left, and not enough soul enrgy to create another. As the layers of hell fall Mephistopheles noticed his hellfire has become darker and more destructive and he is now having to work to control it,
240 content with orcus destorying hell, demogorgon sets his sites elsewhere destroying limbo and pandamonium as he crosses them into arborea. He easily crushes the armies and single handedly destorys the entire court of stars except for morwell, who while escaping manages to cut off one of demogorgons heads. He is still debating regrowing it for he knows he is weaker without it but is doesnt wish to acknowledge he needs his brother head, morwell has moved to the material plane

245 orcus armies, led by Isen lay waste to elysium, there is only 1 survivor. A baby silver dragon
246 the infighting between demon factions has grown so great that they are for the starting to lose ground heaven and hell are now allied and have their first win when tiamet and her forces come in behind the armies of orcus invading the first layer of heaven. She loses most of her forces including the blue and green great wyrms
247 feeling he has to do something to help. Snah places his sword in a stone for a worthy champion, majneb now is in a state of eternal slumber only capable of granting divine power to casters who ask for it

250 majneb is transported to the material plane and kept in the city of tanith. Using his divine magic to protect both the city and the plane

252 a magical ritual is performed by ixine and fane ghost eye calling forth the last solar, the last pitfiend, the last titan and the last slaad and they are all sacrificed, permanently removing their kind and their power from existence and shutting down all inter-dimensional travel
364 the last succubuss (a pc) escapes the abyss, and orcus has learned how to bring down the wall between planes

367 present day the blade of snah is found

StevenC21
2019-02-19, 09:32 PM
So I feel this is an appropriate time to ask.

What are our respective character's powers? Like, what can they do at this point? It appears that you have somewhat deviated from the norms for each, which is in my opinion very cool and good, but I would like to know exactly what our characters can do in the grand scheme of things.

Like, is Steve the Tarrasque officially a 20th Level Arcane Caster still? Or more? Same with the others, of course, but naturally I am most concerned with the abilities of my own character.

Edit: Also what splatbooks can I use? I'd love to have an Avasculate spamming Tarrasque that can spew Enervations and then decide to cast Stop Heart at an opportune moment.

Torpin
2019-02-19, 09:37 PM
steve is a 20th level abjurer, there isnt so much the pen and paper and the roling of the dice so much as directing what all is happening.. like steve is an army unto himself

steve was a 13th level wizard 7th level order of the veil initate

inuyasha
2019-02-19, 10:11 PM
Alright I suppose, if Demogorgon's taken (which is quite the bummer), do you still need a Baalzebul?

Thealtruistorc
2019-02-19, 10:54 PM
Looking at who’s open, I would love playing Moloch or Lolth. Moloch is preferred if just because I love a certain Fritz Lang movie.

martixy
2019-02-19, 11:57 PM
I'd probably take Lolth.

She'd usually be involved in schemes and plots up the wazoo.

Alternatively, who's this "Morwell, queen of stars" character?

StevenC21
2019-02-19, 11:59 PM
Hey Torpin? Can I learn new spells as steve? I know that generally we won't be rolling dice, but I have some devious plans for him...

Torpin
2019-02-20, 10:17 AM
I'd probably take Lolth.

She'd usually be involved in schemes and plots up the wazoo.

Alternatively, who's this "Morwell, queen of stars" character?

she was the head or arborea, the chaotic good heaven... well before it was destroyed, she was also the one who cut of demogorgons head

Hackulator
2019-02-20, 12:07 PM
Let us know when you'd like to hear basic ideas/plans. I have a framework thought up for what I want Mephistopheles to do but I don't want to blow up your inbox til you're ready. Or if you'd just like them put here, I don't know if your players come to this forum.

Torpin
2019-02-20, 12:25 PM
Let us know when you'd like to hear basic ideas/plans. I have a framework thought up for what I want Mephistopheles to do but I don't want to blow up your inbox til you're ready. Or if you'd just like them put here, I don't know if your players come to this forum.

go ahead and start blowing it up

Torpin
2019-02-21, 09:47 AM
My players are going to come across "nothing", and by nothing i mean actual nothingness, not a void, or a vaccuum or empty spacde, or a sphere of annihilation , but like a finite dimension initially that is a hole in the multiverse that is made entirely of nothing, any suggesgtions for the rules for that im thinking looking at it can cause dramage to int wis and cha, touching it can cause damage to the three physical stats

Hackulator
2019-02-21, 09:55 AM
My players are going to come across "nothing", and by nothing i mean actual nothingness, not a void, or a vaccuum or empty spacde, but like a finite dimension initially that is a hole in the multiverse that is made entirely of nothing, any suggesgtions for the rules for that im thinking looking at it can cause dramage to int wis and cha, touching it can cause damage to the three physical stats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG-lsrXKRM

Torpin
2019-02-21, 10:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG-lsrXKRM

yeah sort of

Elricaltovilla
2019-02-21, 10:04 AM
Is Levistus still trapped in his glacier, or has he been freed yet?

StevenC21
2019-02-21, 10:26 AM
So for that "nothing" space, I would recommend having everything that touches it run the risk of becoming an Aberration, personally.

Torpin
2019-02-21, 10:32 AM
Is Levistus still trapped in his glacier, or has he been freed yet?

the glacier is gone

So for that "nothing" space, I would recommend having everything that touches it run the risk of becoming an Aberration, personally.
its a result of orcus unmaking everything. so it wouldnt make sense for it to transform into anything

StevenC21
2019-02-21, 10:34 AM
In that case, I would cause it to deal only one thing:

Constitution damage. Why? Because Orcus uses undead. And undead don't have Constitution scores.

Elricaltovilla
2019-02-21, 11:21 AM
Since Levistus is freed from his glacier, he would probably start amassing all the gelugons (ice devil's) and other military forces he had left and start trying to conquer some areas that haven't been taken over or destroyed yet. His goal being to bring a sizeable army under his command to try and put up a last stand against orcus. He'd also try to personally recruit powerful adventurers to his ranks.

Does the glacier still exist, or was it destroyed? Because if it still exists he might consider trying to use it to trap Orcus as he was.

martixy
2019-02-21, 11:41 AM
she was the head or arborea, the chaotic good heaven... well before it was destroyed, she was also the one who cut of demogorgons head

So, yea. I'ma go for Lolth over random star lady.

Torpin
2019-02-21, 12:09 PM
Since Levistus is freed from his glacier, he would probably start amassing all the gelugons (ice devil's) and other military forces he had left and start trying to conquer some areas that haven't been taken over or destroyed yet. His goal being to bring a sizeable army under his command to try and put up a last stand against orcus. He'd also try to personally recruit powerful adventurers to his ranks.

Does the glacier still exist, or was it destroyed? Because if it still exists he might consider trying to use it to trap Orcus as he was.

the glacier was unmade, its nor any trace of it exist no longer