PDA

View Full Version : Using the Pyrokineticist

StevenC21
2019-02-19, 12:00 AM
So I was thinking.

Everyone really agrees that using the Pyro is a stupid choice for Psionic characters. No progression, totally different focus, etc.

I, however, had an idea. What if, instead, we used it with a martial character?

Then my idea was born. To use the Pyrokineticist, you just need 1 power point. That's easy enough - just pick a Psionic race, or the Wild Talent feat.

I know Fighter isn't great, but I went with a Thri Kreen Fighter/Pyro. It's decently powerful, with 6 attacks per turn, damaging on a touch. And he has a 15 foot range, which us very, very nice for AoO.

Thoughts?

PrismCat21
2019-02-19, 02:48 PM
So... you're basically the example picture given of a Pyrokineticist from the book?
Pyrokineticists are already most often martial characters. It is a martial class.
Most builds that I've seen do not even have any other psionic classes.

Thoughts? How are you getting 6 attacks with 4 arms? You do realize that to have a Fire Lash in each of the four hands, it'll take four move actions right?

StevenC21
2019-02-19, 03:51 PM
Yes!

However, I can create them before combat, so that's not an issue. I get the extra attacks thanks to multiweapon fighting.

Hackulator
2019-02-19, 04:37 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=4108954&postcount=22

Alabenson
2019-02-19, 07:24 PM
I did something similar to this using a human hexblade to enter the class. It was hardly high or even mid-op, but the group itself was low-op and he was a very fun character to play. I think I had a near-perfect record of burning down every structure we had a fight in.

mabriss lethe
2019-02-19, 08:54 PM
It's a pretty good way to salvage a soulknife. (especially the mind's eye version) It gives a variety of damage options at several ranges, a death attack, an emergency movement mode among a few other bits and bobs.