PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Trying to figure out class(es) for a one-shot character...

JohnRidd
2019-02-19, 12:30 AM
Concept: Character should be something like an 80's Pro-Wrestler, 80's action movie star, and Heavy Metal/Glam Metal rocker. Character will be level 12, and we're doing Point Buy. I was kind of thinking Paladin/Bard, or maybe Bardbarian(which, yes, I know that's less than optimal). Alternatively, I guess I could do just a regular Barbarian with the Entertainer background, but that seems less fun somehow. Or maybe like a Monk/Barbarian, but I dunno about that one, and it would be at least as MAD as Bardbarian. Maybe some Fighter? I had been thinking about having a little bit of Bard and using my Bardic Inspiration while shouting/singing 80's metal lyrics or action movie/wrestler quotes and grappling creatures. But I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

Blood of Gaea
2019-02-19, 12:52 AM
How about 1-3 levels of Rogue for Expertise in Athletics and Performance (among other things), then take the rest in Barbarian? Pick up Tavern Brawler at some point (perhaps Variant Human) to round it off.

Alternatively, you can skip Rogue, and pick up Athletics Expertise from the Prodigy Feat, and perhaps a UA Performer Feat.

Azgeroth
2019-02-19, 03:41 AM
V Human (tavern brawler) valor bard.

that will give you the martial proficiencies and expertise for your wrestling shenanigans, Bardic Inspiration for your Glam/Heavy metal lymrics to have real mechanical affect.

also magic!

you could take the urchin background for Thieves tools proficiencies and add a little mcgyver to the idea. or entertainer for 'man of the people' feel. or outlander for that mysterious vibe..