PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How low do these make my spell prep time?

frogglesmash
2019-02-19, 06:22 AM
The Fast Study Arcane Discovery reduces spell prep time from a max of 1 hour and a min of 15 minutes, to a max of 15 minutes and a min of 1 minute. The Poleiheira Adherent Wizard archetype reduces spell prep time by a factor of 3, and the Quick Preparation feat reduces spell prep time by a factor of 2. My question is, how do these three options stack with eachother?

Crake
2019-02-19, 06:55 AM
The Fast Study Arcane Discovery reduces spell prep time from a max of 1 hour and a min of 15 minutes, to a max of 15 minutes and a min of 1 minute. The Poleiheira Adherent Wizard archetype reduces spell prep time by a factor of 3, and the Quick Preparation feat reduces spell prep time by a factor of 2. My question is, how do these three options stack with eachother?

Assuming they all stack (I'll take your word for that), since "time" isn't an abstraction, the dnd multiplier rules don't apply. Thus you would have a max of 15 mins and a min of 1 minute, which would then be reduced by a factor of 3x2, or 6. so it would be a max of 150 seconds, or 2.5 minutes, and a min of 10 seconds, or probably about 1 full round and a standard action, 2 rounds if you include the move action to take out your spellbook.

That said, you still can't do this in combat unless you have some way to alleviate the necessary environment needed to prepare spells.