PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to build a Revenant Blade

Uncle0
2019-02-19, 09:58 AM
Just got back into gaming and wanted to try out a Revenant Blade build. Catching up on all the new gaming info so I'm a touch behind. In searching for build examples, I have came across several posts that mentioned a Revenant Blade Handbook with sample builds. Every link I try seems to be a dead link. Below I have listed what I'm hoping to achieve in my character. Will be starting at level 3 in our campaign. Would love help on where I could find info for my new character build.

Character:
Revenant Blade based off of Darth Maul and Oberyn Martell (the Viper)
Role play as a Noble with the highest training to become an Apex Predator
In a group that contains: Tank, Rogue, and Healer
Starting level will be 3

All suggestions, links, and information welcome. Been out of the loop for way too long and feel as if Im starting a new game.

Thanks again.
Owen

Mike Miller
2019-02-20, 02:13 PM
What system?

Man_Over_Game
2019-02-20, 06:53 PM
I think 5th edition DnD? It has some official/unofficial beta stuff on Revenant Blades (a special weapon that uses both hands that's unique to Elves). It also uses Backgrounds as a mechanical addition to a character's backstory/narrative, one of which is the Noble.

Uncle0
2019-02-23, 04:55 PM
yes will be using 5e. have my background and basic foundation. wanting to make sure i have the structure to get the most out of my build. so any suggestions and outlines of how to build a very offensive character would be most helpful.

Ganymede
2019-02-23, 07:47 PM
so any suggestions and outlines of how to build a very offensive character would be most helpful.

Pick any class then follow the build advice listed in the "Creating a ____" section of that class in the PHB. Unless you go out of your way to make a character focused on something like support and healing, you will basically stumble upon a "very offensive" character by just following the basic class building guidelines.

CTurbo
2019-02-23, 08:55 PM
Vhuman Swashbuckler Rogue with the Revenant Blade feat and use a Double Scimitar.

8 Str, 16 Dex, 14 Con, 10 Int, 12 Wis, 14 Cha

Done

Rukelnikov
2019-02-23, 09:30 PM
Vhuman Swashbuckler Rogue with the Revenant Blade feat and use a Double Scimitar.

8 Str, 16 Dex, 14 Con, 10 Int, 12 Wis, 14 Cha

Done

Revenant Blade is elf only.

EDIT:

Well, You wanna be a Revenant Blade so you already know what your race and first feat are gonna be, and you also wanna be a Noble, so you already got a background. Given that elf gives a bonus to Dex, lets build towards something that doesn't wear plate, and since Apex Predator speaks of more than just hitting with a stick, I'd go revised Ranger either Gloom Stalker, or Hunter, or maybe Monster Slayer.

The bad part is that you don't get a feat until lvl 4, and you are an elf, so you will suck with the blade for 1 lvl, afterwards you should do pretty well.

Pick Defense style from Ranger, and once you hit 5 you could Multi class fighter to get Great Weapon Fighting which will average to a +1 damage with the Revenant Blade.

CTurbo
2019-02-23, 09:52 PM
Revenant Blade is elf only.

Oh yeah

Wood Elf Swashbuckler with Double Scimitar

8 Str, 17 Dex, 14 Con, 8 Int, 13 Wis, 14 Cha

Take Revenant Blade at level 4 which bumps Dex to 18

Done.