PDA

View Full Version : Ending polymorph after swallowing an NPC

nickl_2000
2019-02-20, 09:11 AM
So, you are playing a huge creature that has a swallow ability and you swallow something large sized, then polymorph ends.

What do you and your group do about the swallowed creature? Does it fall out because magic, does the PC take damage due to swallowing a creature larger than they are? Or something else?

Unoriginal
2019-02-20, 09:29 AM
So, you are playing a huge creature that has a swallow ability and you swallow something large sized, then polymorph ends.

What do you and your group do about the swallowed creature? Does it fall out because magic, does the PC take damage due to swallowing a creature larger than they are? Or something else?

You just spit the NPC out.

Man_Over_Game
2019-02-20, 01:21 PM

Here's how I'd read it:

Polymorph Ends
All effects that were applied from that Polymorph (such as the Swallow ability) end.
Follow the rules detailing what happens if the ability ends, if any.
Create a narrative that reflects these events.

Throne12
2019-02-20, 02:22 PM
I rule it this way. If you are T-Rex and you eat a human. Then you turn back into a elf. Everything stays the same if the human is still alive they can still try too cut there way out or get thrownup. The magic of the polymorph shrunk what ever you have ate to the relvent size to your. So the human sitting in your stomach the size of a large burger. If they get throw up they revert to normal size.

Lombra
2019-02-20, 03:20 PM
Here's how I'd read it:

Polymorph Ends
All effects that were applied from that Polymorph (such as the Swallow ability) end.
Follow the rules detailing what happens if the ability ends, if any.
Create a narrative that reflects these events.

I like this

JackPhoenix
2019-02-20, 06:58 PM
The group will propably kill the creature, as you've presumably eaten it for a reason. You won't care, you've exploded when you shrunk while creature of about the same size was inside you.

Orc_Lord
2019-02-20, 07:02 PM
I had a player do the opposite, turn into an ant, crawl in NPCs mouth, end wildshape.

Samayu
2019-02-20, 09:01 PM
Polymorph: "The target's gear melds into the new form."

One could presume that as the gear unmelds, so do other objects that were integrated into the new form, regardless of when they were integrated.

Finback
2019-02-20, 10:18 PM
I had a player do the opposite, turn into an ant, crawl in NPCs mouth, end wildshape.

Do you want Ant-Man? Because that's how you get Ant-Man. ;)

nickl_2000
2019-02-21, 07:31 AM
do you want ant-man? Because that's how you get ant-man. ;)

yes i do !