Half-Elf Lore Bard
Wood Elf Shepherd Druid
High Elf Draconic Sorcerer
Goliath Tempest Cleric
Dreamcat Inquisitive Rouge

The dreamcat is for the cthulhu mythos book by sandy petersen

Dungeon-noob
2019-02-20, 09:43 AM
Uhm, i guess it's fairly big, and a bunch of races don't seem to match their class on a purely mechanical level, not that that's wrong. Your question? is a little bit very vague. Could you specify what you're looking for? Battle strats? Role devision? rp advice? any particular interactions? Legality? Anything else?

Rukelnikov
2019-02-20, 09:48 AM
You got 5 full caster, you are gonna do fine

CTurbo
2019-02-20, 10:39 AM
That's a lot of casting, and not very much melee, but it will be fine after the first couple of levels. Should be a really strong party.

RogueJK
2019-02-20, 11:16 AM
That's a lot of casting, and not very much melee

That's the issue I see. With only one melee character (Cleric), there are going to be a lot of enemies closing with your squishier caster characters. They'll need to have a way of boosting their defenses. And at later levels, the Shepherd Druid will need to keep a steady supply of summoned creature "meat shields" in play.

Sexyshoeless
2019-02-20, 11:49 AM
Definitely pool party resources into kitting out your cleric (heaviest armor available) as they will be the front liner at least until the druid gets their summons online.

You'll be fine. You have multiple sources of healing, lots of classes with good battlefield control spells, and tons of damage.

Given the size of your party and a summon focused subclass, I would make sure your group focuses on streamlining gameplay- plan your turns ahead, move fast, don't let the summons hog an undue amount of game play time.

Man_Over_Game
2019-02-20, 12:47 PM
I what to get some opinions on my party :
Human Transmutation Wizard
Half-Elf Lore Bard
Wood Elf Shepherd Druid
Goliath Tempest Cleric

It's kind of a messy group. A lot of the group's focus is going to be around out-of-combat elements, and your combat is going to suck. Make sure you do plenty of scouting and skills, and see how far your DM is willing to go to give you guys an edge with your diverse talents.

Your front line will be a joke, since Tempest Clerics don't really do much if they're ignored (and there will be many incentives for your enemies to do so with a party like that).

The Sorcerer, Rogue and Druid may have to act as a midline group while the Lore Bard focuses on keeping the weakest member from dying. The Druid should be rocking a shield, and the Sorcerer may want to focus on defensive spells (Shield, Absorb Elements).

Most of your damage is ranged, so have someone callout a specific target (the Rogue, perhaps, as part of his Bonus Action) so that the group has a narrative reason to take out single targets. That's the benefit of a ranged party: you can focus fire single targets to improve the outcome. Do so.

Basically, optimize everyone as if they expect to be in melee combat, and they'll either be prepared for the worst or pleasantly surprised when they have the ranged advantage.

Danielqueue1
2019-02-20, 01:29 PM
Low levels are going to be tricky with so many casters and creatures like rakshasa are going to be a good reason to flee.

You have at least one character in each of the important categories for both in combat and out so no gaping holes. Would be nice to have another front liner, but with 3 characters who can heal, you should be able to mitigate a lot of the threat just remember that the druid casting healing spirit out of combat (or better yet taking a short rest and using hit dice) is going to be way better than a cure wounds in combat unless someone is down.

In the end, once you get out of tier 1 you are going to be just fine.

Throne12
2019-02-20, 02:09 PM
Uhm, i guess it's fairly big, and a bunch of races don't seem to match their class on a purely mechanical level, not that that's wrong. Your question? is a little bit very vague. Could you specify what you're looking for? Battle strats? Role devision? rp advice? any particular interactions? Legality? Anything else?

Half-Elf Lore Bard
Wood Elf Shepherd Druid
Goliath Tempest Cleric

How are any of these races don't mechanically fit the class

Human get +1 to two any stats, half-elf get a +2 to cha so the bard is good. The wood elf get a +1 too wisdom so it's good. The Goliath get con and Str so it looks like the cleric is going for a melee build so it's good. The Sorcerer is weird because a high elf get dex & int so ya. So lastly wtf is a dreamcat.

Throne12
2019-02-20, 02:13 PM
I what to get some opinions on my party :
Half-Elf Lore Bard
Wood Elf Shepherd Druid
Goliath Tempest Cleric

If that's what ya'll want to play then it fine. It no fun play a heal bot if you are more of a DPR player. Or if you are stuck playing a blaster when are a skill monkey style player.

So play what you want and have fun.

Dungeon-noob
2019-02-20, 02:26 PM
Half-Elf Lore Bard
Wood Elf Shepherd Druid
Goliath Tempest Cleric

How are any of these races don't mechanically fit the class

Human get +1 to two any stats, half-elf get a +2 to cha so the bard is good. The wood elf get a +1 too wisdom so it's good. The Goliath get con and Str so it looks like the cleric is going for a melee build so it's good. The Sorcerer is weird because a high elf get dex & int so ya. So lastly wtf is a dreamcat.
Like i said, it's not a problem, but the cleric doesn't have a WIS boosting race, the sorc doesn't boost CHA, the rogue i don't know, and the wiz could get more INT with another race. Druid could also do better then a +2 DEX race, because he's a caster first and one that uses wildshape at that. So a lot of these races seem suboptimal from a pure mechanics standpoint. Which is really all i am and was saying.

Rukelnikov
2019-02-20, 03:02 PM
Like i said, it's not a problem, but the cleric doesn't have a WIS boosting race, the sorc doesn't boost CHA, the rogue i don't know, and the wiz could get more INT with another race. Druid could also do better then a +2 DEX race, because he's a caster first and one that uses wildshape at that. So a lot of these races seem suboptimal from a pure mechanics standpoint. Which is really all i am and was saying.

Not really:

The Cleric doesn't have a Wis boosting race, but he's probably gonna go melee, Goliath is great for that.
Sorc doesn't boost cha, true
Rogue we dont know (by the name I assume it will have dex, but who knows?)
Wiz "could get more int", so? 16 and 17 are the same bonus, and he's getting a feat most likely.
Druid gets a +1 to Wis, again +1 or +2 are functionally the same unless you have a half feat in mind. And also gets the great +2 Dex, and Mask of the wild, its not a Moon Druid, he'll spend most of his time in combat in humanoid form

Sorc is the only one that doesn't get the stats it needs (unless he's going for an uncommon Dex sorc build)