PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Savant (PrC) [PEACH]

JackMage666
2007-09-27, 12:57 PM
Eldritch Savant
An Eldritch Savant is, simply put, a Warlock who cares more for damage than finesse. By forgoeing training in his other Invocations, and Eldritch Savant is a master of only one - his own Eldritch Blast. This allows him to far surpass the blasting power of the average Warlock, but limits his powers greatly as well.

Pre-requisites -
Feats - Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (Ray)
Skills - Concentrate 10 ranks, Spellcraft 8 Ranks
Special - Eldritch Blast +4d6, and any three Blast Shape or Eldritch Essence invocation.

HD - d6
Skills - 2+Int - Bluff (Cha), Concentrate (Con), Craft (Int), Disguise (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Eldritch Savant
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Eldritch Blast +1d6, Mental Augmentation

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Eldritch Blast +1d6

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Eldritch Blast +1d6, Increased Range

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Damage Reduction 1/Cold Iron, Eldritch Blast +1d6

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Eldritch Blast +1d6, Energy Alteration

6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+5|Eldritch Blast +1d6, Increased Range

7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+5|Eldritch Blast +1d6

8th|
+6|
+2|
+2|
+6|Damage Reduction 2/Cold Iron, Eldritch Blast +1d6

9th|
+6|
+3|
+3|
+6|Eldritch Blast +1d6, Increased Range

10th|
+7|
+3|
+3|
+7|Eldritch Blast +1d6, Eldritch Whirlwind[/table]

Weapons and Armor Proficiency: An Eldritch Savant gains no proficiencies with weapons or armor.

Eldritch Blast: At every class level, and Eldritch Savant gains an additional 1d6 points of damage added to his Eldritch blast.

Mental Augmentation: One of the earliest things an Eldritch Savant learns to do is apply his personal power into his Eldritch Blast. Beginning at 1st level, he may add his Cha modifier to the damage of his Eldritch Blast.

Increased Range: At 3rd, 6th, and 9th level, and Eldritch Savant increases the range of his Eldritch blast. For his normal blast, this increase is 10 ft. So, at 3rd level, his unaltered Eldritch Blast has a range of 70 ft.

If the Eldritch Savant is using the Eldritch Spear invocation, however, the increase is 20 ft. So, at 3rd level, the Eldritch Savant may fire a Eldritch Spear Blast with a range of 270 ft.

Damage Reduction: At 4th and 8th level, an Eldritch Savant furthers his natural damage reduction. This increase stacks with those from race or class levels.

Energy Alteration: At 5th level, and Eldritch Savant gain control over the energy type of his blast. He may change his blast to deal fire, cold, electricity, acid, or sonic damage a number of times per day equal to his Cha modifier. This has no effect on casting time, and changes the Eldritch Blast to have an energy subtype equal to the type of energy used.

Eldritch Whirlwind: At 10th level, and Eldritch Savant may unlease a Eldritch Whirlwind. This allows him to hit every opponent withing range of his Eldritch Blast. He makes one attack roll, and applies it against every target's AC. He deals the same damage to each opponent, which is equal to his regular Eldritch Blast damage. This counts as a Blast Shape invocation in most respects, but an Eldritch Essance can be applied to the Eldritch Whirlwind as well. The Essence is the same for all targeted opponents.

However, this attack is mentally draining. After making the attack, the Eldritch Savant must make a Will save (DC 10+number of targetted opponents) or be exhausted for 1d8 rounds. He may attempt an Eldritch Whirlwind only once per day.

So, what do you guys think? It's a pretty simple thing, and increased damage Warlock. Any ideas on how to make it better? I'm afraid to give it too many abilities, as the damage is already rather high.

Neftren
2007-09-27, 02:20 PM
Since you commented so much on mine, I'll return the favor:

Skills question...why Jump? It's a caster... I don't really think it needs a jump skill. If this is a damage blaster... wouldn't it make more sense for more hit the guy hard type skills? Bluff seems unecessary...so does Disguise. What's the point of Disguise anyway?

You also spelled Sense Motive as Sense Motice :smallwink:
Otherwise, I like the rest of the stuff :smallbiggrin:

JackMage666
2007-09-27, 02:27 PM
Skills are taken from the Warlock exactly... So, no real reason, yeah, but I figured he was close enough to a Warlock to not change the skill set - So, ask Wizards on the skill set.

And fixed the typo.

AKA_Bait
2007-09-27, 02:52 PM
I like this. Seems balanced and a good Prc for those who just want to blast the heck out of stuff as a warlock.