PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on acrobatic backstab

Steide56
2019-02-21, 07:43 AM
So I've been working on my Swift Ambusher for some time now and am thinking of feats I can still take that would improve my build. I stumbled upon acrobatic backstab from complete scoundrel and since I already have travel devotion that would actually help alot with getting into backstab positions. However I'm not completely clear on the wording of the feat. It goes: "If you succeed on a Tumble check to move through an enemy's space, you can treat that enemy as flat-footed against the next melee attack you make against it on your current turn." But does 'move through an enemy's space' mean that I have to move through a space the enemy occupies or just move through one he threatens?

Hackulator
2019-02-21, 08:59 AM
You have to move through the space he occupies which is a higher DC by like 10 or so than just moving though a threatened square.

KillianHawkeye
2019-02-21, 11:53 AM
Moving through an opponent's occupied space is a standard usage of the Tumble skill, just like moving through their threatened area is.

HouseRules
2019-02-21, 11:56 AM
Tumble through threaten square is 15, and through occupied square is 25. The +10 is correct.

check the source Tumble (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/tumble.htm).

Steide56
2019-02-21, 01:48 PM
Thanks for answering! I have another question about the same build. Can you use staggering strike on one opponent more than once? It says it doesnt stack but that's only if you attack more than once in one round right?

tyckspoon
2019-02-21, 01:52 PM
Thanks for answering! I have another question about the same build. Can you use staggering strike on one opponent more than once? It says it doesnt stack but that's only if you attack more than once in one round right?

Yes, it means there is no benefit to trying to stagger an opponent multiple times at once. After the effect has fallen off you can reapply it with another Staggering Strike. ('1 Round' is defined by initiative count to initiative count, so unless you're doing something to mess with your initiative order the effect will conveniently expire at the start of your next turn, allowing you to try to reapply it.)

HouseRules
2019-02-21, 01:57 PM
Like several combat maneuver (not martial maneuver), you could do them multiple of times in the same round, but usually, a player would only try again if they fail in a higher BAB iterative attack with a lower BAB iteration. Usually, the chances are lower because of the lower BAB; well, some iteration does have the same Attack Bonus when using things like Two-Weapon Fighting, Multi-Weapon Fighting, or Furry of Blows.

Steide56
2019-02-26, 02:23 AM
Thanks for answering again but I have yet ANOTHER question about the feat. It says your opponent is flatfooted to your next melee attack but that only accounts for one actual attack right? If you have two weapon fighting it only applies to the hand you first attack with not the second aswell? Or if you have a full round of attacks left it doesnt apply to the second BAB as well right?

Hackulator
2019-02-26, 02:28 AM
Thanks for answering again but I have yet ANOTHER question about the feat. It says your opponent is flatfooted to your next melee attack but that only accounts for one actual attack right? If you have two weapon fighting it only applies to the hand you first attack with not the second aswell? Or if you have a full round of attacks left it doesnt apply to the second BAB as well right?

Well in general you would only have 1 attack left regardless, as you had to take a move action to activate the feat by tumbling through the opponent's space. There are lots of ways to get around that but you are correct it would only work on the first attack and no others even if you got more than 1 attack.

KillianHawkeye
2019-02-26, 10:03 AM
Yes, next attack means only one attack (the next one).