PDA

View Full Version : Smuggler - I found this custom class

Greenfeuer
2019-02-21, 05:57 PM
https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/subclasses/58803-smuggler

Is this class viable and balanced?

I plan on making a "face" sort of character as a rogue. - I need to smuggle and help players/the group around as a sort of guide with this character.

Ventruenox
2019-02-21, 09:34 PM
It is a very niche archetype, where the features almost seem like ribbon abilities. The more I consider it though, most Rogue power comes from the base class, not the archetype. But at a RP heavy table, this type of character could easily dominate many scenarios. Looks fun, and written for the Han Soloesque player.

JNAProductions
2019-02-21, 09:38 PM
Razor Wit is too good.

A Social-focused Rogue can get 20 Charisma, 20 Intelligence, and Expertise in, say, Deception and Persuasion, for a +22 (min result of 32) bonus at level 17. That's just plain bonkers.

Low Profile Leader is strictly better than the Thief feature.

Superior Preparation is just weird. I don't like it, but it doesn't seem broken?

Grod_The_Giant
2019-02-21, 10:08 PM
It doesn't look broken (it would be hard to max out both Cha and Int when both are secondary stats for you), but it's... weird. Nothing to See Here is conceptually bizzare and possibly dysfunctional (HOW do you hide someone else mid combat? What happens when they move?), and Razor Wit and Magical Appraiser's Eye feel like they wandered in from somewhere else entirely.

Mastermind hits the same concepts, but much more cleanly.