PDA

View Full Version : Player Help When Raging, can you cast Cantrips?

breckdogg
2019-02-22, 11:12 AM
Looking at Barbarians, and thinking about multiclassing into them, I was wondering, can you cast cantrips when raging? The PHB says "No Spells," and I'm unsure if a Cantrip fits under that category. Thanks!

jaappleton
2019-02-22, 11:13 AM
Cantrips are spells indeed.

breckdogg
2019-02-22, 01:21 PM
Cantrips are spells indeed.

Thanks! I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Man_Over_Game
2019-02-22, 01:57 PM
Thanks! I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

When differentiating between leveled spells (like Magic Missile) and Cantrips, the game will usually say something like "When you cast a spell by expending a spell slot..." or "When you cast a spell of level 1 or higher...".

stoutstien
2019-02-22, 02:13 PM
Also rage doesn't ban you from expending spell slots such as divine smite or ranger's crappy primal awareness.

Vogie
2019-02-22, 02:47 PM
Also rage doesn't ban you from expending spell slots such as divine smite or ranger's crappy primal awareness.

And a warlock's Eldritch Smite. It also doesn't disrupt existing non-concentration spells, such as Mage Armor, Spiritual Weapon, or Armor of Agathys. It also won't stop spell-like abilities like Minor Conjuration or Spirit Totem (from the Shepherd Druid).

stoutstien
2019-02-22, 02:55 PM
And a warlock's Eldritch Smite. It also doesn't disrupt existing non-concentration spells, such as Mage Armor, Spiritual Weapon, or Armor of Agathys. It also won't stop spell-like abilities like Minor Conjuration or Spirit Totem (from the Shepherd Druid).
Now I want to make a dream druid/ ancestral guardian.