PDA

View Full Version : 3.x homebrew class, please give feedback thank you

PostMortemCP
2019-02-22, 11:47 AM
Hey I made a homebrew class about a week ago and haven’t put it to the test (yet). But was wondering about the general opinion of it. Thematically it’s a class that uses psionic powers and mantles to replicate a superhero type. Now I’m not sitting in front of my sheet with all the info so I’ll update if I mess up but here’s the mains gist.
HD: d6
Proficiency: light armor, simple weapons, and a few choice ones such as short bows, trident, bastard sword and warhammer.
Skills: autohypnosis, balance, concentration, craft, diplomacy, gather info, intimidate, knowledge psionics, search, swim, tumble, use rope 2+int for skill points (probably to low)
It’s base attack bonus is “good” with good fort and reflex but poor will saves.
The class gains unarmed damage like a monk and bous feats similar to a monk yet gains an additional 2 later down the line that functions like the psionic warriors. They gain the auras exactly as a Divine mind, including the divine grace now called “hero’s grace”. They get powers like the psionic warrior but more power points (about 1-3 points more during low level a total 20 more points roughly at the end).
Now the part that makes them a bit strange his how they treat mantles and their own new ability called unorthodox movement. So for them mantles give them the bonus and simply adds powers to their list of known. This means at the end of their progress they have many powers but are limited by the points they have. For a mantle that has a power above 6th level (the max power) a mutant can still cast un-augmented as a class specialty (like how many hero’s are able to push their limits in times of great need). Now unorthodox movement is simply at lv10,15,20 you gain a movement type you don’t currently possess at half,equal, then 1 1/2 speed.
I do know this class seems a bit strange and out there but that’s why I’m sharing it here to see about refining it. I will also update you all session by session of how my character will be doing in a campaign starting soon (I’m so hyped cause I’m playing a mutant who could either go down the path of protector of the weak or a tyrant and it’s the best concept out of the group).

Hexeract
2019-03-07, 03:10 PM
Ok, so a monk that actually uses psionics? You have my attention.
That said, can you include a level chart or a document so we can see all the nittygritty details? Other than that, it's looking pretty interesting.

PostMortemCP
2019-03-29, 07:08 PM
So I’m actually in the process of retooling the class to be more like the brawler of pathfinder so I’ll give a more detailed chart when that is made.