PDA

View Full Version : HumanTemplate's Return to Elemental Evil

HumanTemplate
2019-02-22, 12:07 PM
http://dnd.wizards.com/sites/default/files/media/styles/news_banner/public/images/news/20150618_DnDAlumni_icon.jpg?itok=XyKOXZUy

The town of Hommlet is in danger, but nobody in there seems to know, the storm is gathering and old enemies are around.

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?

DND 3.5

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?

Greyhawk module
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

5-6
some will drop

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

OOTS

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Level 4 midway into Lvl 5.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard WBL

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?

No homebrewed.
No psionics(no reason)
No Truenamers/binders(Don't like them)
No Incarnium (I like them but don't want to deal with it now)

It is an old module, so classical DND is prefereable, but ToB is allowed and so is Dungeonscape.

No Crit hunting builds, no nightsticks, avoid grapplers and trippers or loops. (I find them horribly slow on PbP)

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Nothing with LA, the rest is possible upon my agreement.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
either point buy or 2 sets of 4d6b3x6(Re-rolling 1's). Point buy is 28 for Tier 1, 32points for tier 2, 36 points for tier 3-5

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Yes, it is important in this game. No Evil. No CN.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

No problems with it. Just don't try to cheat the point buy. Even one dip in a tier 1 or two, lowers the points.

Waive tax feats if you can role play the requirements.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

I'll do mine, you'll do yours. on a spoiler in the post.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

-2Flaws

-Fighters get d12 and 4+int skill points. 1 free proficiency on any exotic weapon and 3/4 their level as initiator level (Rounded down)

-Paladin's Smite evil is x/encounter instead of x/day and affects all attacks in a round as well as ranged attacks, it ignores DR.

-Perception instead of Listen/Spot (all classes have it as class skill)

-Stealth instead of MS/Hide

-Rangers get full progression on animal companion, Druids get Ranger's animal companion progression instead. Evasion at lvl 6.

-BBN get DR at lvl 3 and every 3 levels thereafter. Instead of trapsense they get an effect similar to Iron Heart Surge usable 1/day at level 3 and every 5 levels thereafter.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?

Pitch me an idea and I'll give you a hook, you develop the rest.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

Combination.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

No Magic of incarnium, no psionics, No BoED, Only Fist of The forest and Battleblessing feat from Complete Champion, Dragon Magazine on agreement.

http://i65.tinypic.com/o727gx.pngWonderful art by MachuChang

Player
Race/Class
Sheet
Background

Almostdead/Andrew
Warlock
The international man of mistery[ (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1835674)
Demon Haunted Nechayev (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Nechayev)

Simba/Shil
Cleric/Human
Hunk the Divine Meatshield (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1836683)
God's Wrath (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKPJBd7gniw)

Rex500/Veldrin
Paladin/Lesser Drow
Charistmatic Dritzz :smalltongue: (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1836179)
Max Von Sydow (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev8TkqmBl4w)

Razorback/Jart
Human/Fighter?
Dungeoncrashed (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837067)
Do Giants dream of Large Women (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lISBP_fPg1s)?

BtanH/Amanda
Human Beguiler/Wizard
Sheldonia (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837425)
Black sheep of a wizard family

MachuChang/Thieren
Half Elf/Rogue
Tom Cruise in Magnolia! (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1839759)
Crazy Boy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wugWGhItaQA)

HumanTemplate
2019-02-22, 12:10 PM
Reserved for DM

Utreshimon: Big bad blue dragon. He currently uses the Moat House upper level as a den. He is a moody young dragon who has just recently became independent.

Moat house first level: three bodies. Thieren looted the woman. The other two were left without looting.

HumanTemplate
2019-02-23, 06:41 AM
@Everyone:
-The rain has been persistent since last night, got worse over the course of the morning, getting particularly hard after lunch and now is a soft drizzle and the clouds are clearing. The usual late spring rain in this eastern valleys. There's a soft but chilling wind and the mud has taken over the roads.

@Shil- you have been riding for almost a ten-day now, a sealed letter in your pouch, from your Prior to the Cannones Y'Dei in Hommlet. The weather has been getting worse, and now you are not sure you are on the right track, having lost the road almost ten miles ago. You stop your march at a crossroads of a seemingly abandoned road. Grass and shrubs have taken hold of the road. the road runs northeast-west and a smaller road moves southeast, there's also a very narrow path coming from the northwest. One direction surely takes you to Hommlet. But which?

As you ponder, and the clouds open. You spot a peculiar sight. A man, taller than some of the tallest men in your order, turns around a small grove of trees coming down the northwest road, 200 yards from where you are. The large man visibly (even at this distance) shivers. A smaller and thinner figure walks beside him.

Even funnier, about 100 yards down the southeast road, which closely follows a noisy but narrow ravine, you see a very skinny woman kneeling next to a ditch.

@Vedrin and Jart: the drunk trapper, Dell, made a small sketch of a map on the back of a beaver skin (he charged you for the skin, mind you) indicating the rough location of the Moat House. Neither of you is a trailblazer and you have been walking in circles for a couple of hours now. Perhaps growing impatient. Luckily you managed to get some refugee from the heavy rain.

Jart, it is cold. And you hate it. But at least you notice the Rider standing at the crossroad, Veldrin is the weirdest elf you have ever met, and barely seems to notice that someone is looking at you.

@Amanda the rain and the wind are not your things, particularly the wind which blows you back easily. Oh, how you had to endure the mockings! "Ey lass, you must have DR 5/bludgeoning with that frame". And your wilderness abilities are on par with your physical might. So earlier this morning you decided to shadow the lanky lad you have seen in the road ahead of you. He seems to be going in the same general direction. Or at least he seemed to, before slipping awkwardly into that ditch.

You ran and tried to help him, but your combined strength would barely beat a goblin at arm wrestling.

@Andrew: after a while standing at the crossroads, you reasoned that Hommlet must be down the road that follows the stream. A village needs water. And so you set your self in motion. However, so distracted were you with your thoughts, the darkness of which mirrored the stormy day so closely it was almost poetic, that you didn't notice the very material nature of a boulder right under your nose and went rolling downhill into a ditch.

Extremely fortunate you were, as nothing is broken. And then a voice, and a thin shape cut against the clouded sky. "Are you alright there?".

Almostdead
2019-02-23, 09:17 AM
Andrew spits dirt out of his mouth, and slowly sits up in the ditch. "For whatever's sake, would you shut up while I'm walking?" He shouts to the stormy sky. Knowing there is no answer, he tries to get up.
Suddenly, he hears a woman's voice: "Are you alright there?" Then he sees a skinny figure run towards him. Andrew feels embarrassed as she heard his soliloquy. He quickly replies:” I’m fine! I can help myself!”
After he climbed out of the ditch. He finally gets a chance to look at the woman. Then he realizes she was the women he saw this morning.
“Your concern is appreciated, lady. But I have to ask, are you following me?”

Rex500
2019-02-23, 10:00 AM
Veldrin can't help but feel a little lost. "Feels like we already passed through this area," he says to Jart.

The Drow leans on one of the trees, arms crossed. Although he is a patient dark elf, he hopes to find Hommlet soon, as the whispers said the town would be in grave danger. Their swords would be needed.

Even worse, Veldrin had heard rumors of a great evil behind the attacks. He could only hope these were just that: rumors. Otherwise...

razorback
2019-02-23, 03:30 PM
Jart looks around at Veldrin's comment and grunts something incoherent as he marched on, using his guisarme as a walking stick to keep upright. He took a few steps and sighed. It wasn't the elf's fault he was grumpy but the driving rain was wearing him down. Raising his head, which caused the brim of his hat to wash even more water down his back, he looked about. "I be no woodsman, but this all looks vaguely the same. But, that stump over there doesn't look familiar, at least. I think we are on a path we haven't travelled along but I wonder if its still the right one." He continued on in silence for some time, as the thought on the path and what had happened the past few days. "Do you be thinking that old trapper really saw a dragon? It would do well to explain them dead cows, eh?" he said loudly over the driving rain. With a quick scan of the skies, he quiped "Well, we do have no worries 'bout that, I think. Only the two of us are foolish enough to be out this weather." He pulls out the map that Dell made them, keeping it out of the rain as best he could, and looked around again then shrugged before putting it away. They either were or weren't on the right path, so as long as they were making some kind of progess, it was better than just standing in the rain was his thinking. He took a couple of more steps before looking around again, skin crawling a bit as if eyes were upon him. Sure enough, as a crossroad came into view, the weather lightened just a hair, enough for him to make out a rider. He kept just the one hand on his guisarme but he nudged Veldrin. "Got company." he said in a low voice, just loud enough for the elf to hear. His single grip tightened on his weapon as his pace slowed, and he slowly scanned about to see if the rider had any friends lurking about.

Simba
2019-02-23, 05:52 PM
Shil

Curious about the lady kneeling beside the ravine and wondering if she might need help, Shil hesitates to turn his back on the strangers walking up the track towards him. The guy with the polearm looked strong and ready for a fight….but then, if the lady needed his help he wanted to be ready, so he looks towards the two strangers, giving a short nod, before turning his horse down the southeast road.

"A good day and Trithereon's blessing to you, lady. Can I be of any help?"

Rex500
2019-02-24, 10:20 AM
Veldrin listens to Jart intently. Having a travelling companion makes things less dull!

"The trapper seemed honest enough!" answers the elf. "And it is not unheard for dragons to hunt cattle during their feeding raids. They possess quite an appetite, almost as much as giant humans." he grins. The Paladin seems to be in a better mood.

Then, the dark elf sees the human ride away, which is the reaction to be expected upon meeting him, although... this one didn't seem scared, strangely enough. Which would mean...

"Someone might be in trouble." he says to Jart. "Come on!" shouts Veldrin, and takes off, following after Shill.

HumanTemplate
2019-02-24, 10:32 AM
As Veldrin and Jart race up the slope, they see Shil, chivalrously offering his help to a knelt woman.

razorback
2019-02-24, 11:35 AM
As Veldrin charges forward, Jart lopes after him easily enough, long strides eating up the distance, as he looks about. Less trusting of his elven companion, he doesn't like being out here with little visibility with strangers in need. He looks around as he moves forward, damning the murky darkness as he goes.

HumanTemplate
2019-02-26, 04:10 AM
Ok, let's help you bond... :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

@Andrew, Amanda and Shilas you pull Andrew out of the ditch you notice the wet ground under your feet trembles, Shil's horse is nervous and hoof around. The mud in the walls of the ditch starts to collapse and you see an insect like head with huge antennae and even huger jaws sprout from the ground with violence. An ankegh, and a big one if you have ever seen one!

Roll initiatives.

@Jart and Veldrin

You reach the hilltop and see the how the rider and the skinny woman pull out someone from a ditch, ad then a giant ankegh appears from the ground.

Roll initiatives.

Since this is a random encounter to get our feet wet and bond the team, we will not use a map. Position is simple. Three of you are standing within the ankegh reach on one side of the road. The ravine runs parallel to the road and the ankegh is backed against the ravine. The other two are 100 yards away. Treat the terrain as slighlty obstructed. Can't charge.

Simba
2019-02-26, 05:57 AM
Shil

"Get behind me!"

Shil moves to stand between the strangers he just met and the charging monster, shield and sword held high, his feet planted firmly.
He utters a quick prayer to Trithereon, asking for protection from all harm.

- Shil moves to stand between the Ankegh and the 2 strangers.
- Initiating Martial Spirit Stance (heal 2 HPs every time I hit an enemy)
- Casting shield of Faith for +2 deflection bonus to AC

Almostdead
2019-02-26, 06:37 AM
"Rats! Thunderstorm, a rock and this? Entropy!"

Andrew speaks command word of his gloves and then casts a dark blast at the ugly creature.

-Swift action to activate gloves, 1 charge
-Standard action to cast eldritch blast at ankegh

Attack roll:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

(We are within 30ft I suppose?)

HumanTemplate
2019-02-26, 07:17 AM
The creature is quick to act when Andrew tries to blast it away, lunging out and closing its jaws on the warlock.

[roll0], damage [roll1] + [roll2] acid

The bite is terrible and you feel the pain of the acid, but you manage to shoot the creature and the Eldritch power opens a big wound on the creatures chitin, almost killing it.

HumanTemplate
2019-02-26, 07:00 PM
@Thieren

Just when you were completely lost in the forest you spotted the ruined Moat House. A shadow of the past and a ruin of the present. The pouring rain over your head kept becoming stronger and stronger early in the morning. So you though it a good idea to at least find some refugee in the old place.

Coming from behind the Moat House you saw a spot to enter, where a part of the south tower had collapsed completely. Wet to the socks as you were, it was an easy decision to cross the pond around the wall with a quick swim. You enter from there into a large room, the thick beams of the ceiling are rotten but still stand. But there's no floor above you. Judging by the niches along the wall this must have been the Moathouse stable. In the middle of the room there's a hallway...

Be careful, you are alone, I'd recomend that you metagame a little bit until the others (a mile or so away) decide what they want to do. But until then... just stay alive.

Machuchang
2019-02-26, 08:15 PM
Thieren

Thieren sat in the ruins of the moathouse stable, shivering. The rain was starting to lighten up, but even so, the damage had been done and he was drenched to the bone.

Ah, if only Maridosen could see him now! Surely she would laugh at his folly. If only she could see everything he was putting himself through for her, then she would surely understand that his love was true! Thieren shook his head as he squeezed water out of his ponytail. Where did things go wrong?

...well, Mari never did like when he would speak to other girls. But it was harmless! He would never have actually followed through with his flirtations, probably! Couldn't she see she was the only woman for him? He would prove it. He had to! And once he arrived in Hommlet, he would make it all up to her.

Thieren closed his eyes and smiled. He could see exactly how it would play out. He would burst into the inn and find her there, wiping a table. She would turn and gasp, shocked by his sudden presence. Then, he would look deep into her beautiful blue eyes... Or maybe they were brown? Hazel? Well, whatever the case, he would gaze deep into her shining eyes and say he was sorry. Then they would share the sweetest, most tender, passionate kiss and live happily ever after. Just like the good old days.

Thieren gave a contented sigh. Alas, he wasn't in Hommlet yet. But he was close, or at least, he was pretty sure he was. Maybe he got a liiiiiittle bit lost in the woods, but he he was definitely, probably, in the Flannaes, so he had to be close right? Maybe there was something in the stable he could use to orient himself.

Thieren's going to Search the room, and if he doesn't find anything, he'll try to hug any available cover and sneak into the hallway.

Search: [roll0]
Stealth: [roll1]

BtanH
2019-02-27, 01:33 AM
It has not been Amanda's day. Her wet clothes are nearly doubling her weight and she is getting cold. It's hard to generate body heat when you aren't much more than skin and bones. Following the tall lad had seemed to be working alright, up until he fell in a ditch. Attempting to help him up, he declined all aid and began interrogating her instead. She opened her mouth to answer his question only to get some dirt in her mouth as an enormous beast burst from the ground. Spitting out the dirt, she started backing away trying to find a safe vantage point

Pretty sure I can't act as my initiative is 13.
If I can act, Amanda is going to withdraw, getting as far from the beast as she can while still remaining in sight of the road (preferably as close to the road as possible (on the road would be ideal)).

HumanTemplate
2019-02-27, 04:11 AM
The creature is terribly hurt. Enough to give away its food and burrow to safety.

It lets go of Andrew's leg and snapping its ugly head it produces a last resort effort to escape and then burrows under the ground at the speed of a dwarf walking downhill.

Free: letting Andrew go. Standard, spitting acid to Shil' face. [roll0] of acid damage, Reflex DC 14 Movement: burrow down 20' (this generates an AoO from Shil)

Simba
2019-02-27, 04:29 AM
Shil

Shil tries to dodge the blob of acid spit out by the Ankegh but fails and groans as the viscous liquid starts to dissolve the flesh on his face.

Still, he is not out of the fight and as the monster tries to flee he swings his sword in a low arc, trying to finish it off.

AoO: [roll0] damage: [roll1]

in case of a critical hit:
confirmation: [roll2] additional damage: [roll3]

HumanTemplate
2019-02-27, 05:21 AM
@Shil You managed to raise your shield in time, but still, some of the acid burns your cheek.

Not enough to distract you from an open opportunity. You swing your weapon and it clangs hard against the solid chitin of the ankegh, you feel the chitin braking under the might of your hit and the a green fluid explodes over you and the prone Andrew as the Ankegh, half of its body still burrowed, collapses.

@AndrewYour leg is probably broken, it's hard even to try and move it. And the acid has burned your tunic. But this guy just saved you.

@Amanda Still in shock and awe you almost stumble on a rock, you lose balance and scratch your shin, that takes you out of the shock. A voice in your head says: This is combat. Better get used to it.

@Jart and Veldrin As you reach the three combatants, you can see the lifeless body of the Ankegh still twitching.

all af you From this spot on the road. As the sky clears up, you make the top of a ruined tower, about a mile ago down this road. The ravine flows in that same direction.

@Thieren
There's nothing in this room. It looks abandoned, and even with the recent rain, there's a layer of thick old filthiness on the walls. You move down the hallway. The sunlight passes through the exposed beams of the what used to be the upper floor. You stick to the wall, the remains of a stone stairway to the second floor are a good cover.

The hallway is about 40' long and 10' wide. Under the stairs there's a door. And another one in front. The hallway opens up to a wider hall with more doors. There's a stench of death that becomes stronger as you come closer. You have many options.

The beams of light light the floor with stripes. And peeking from behind the cover of the stairway, you can see there's a body, or something that used to be a body, right in the middle of the main Hall.
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1TZdjBnGsq6hv-auvB2ZJG7C-3hf2DJoj8jcC_qhpCk0/edit?usp=sharing

Simba
2019-02-27, 06:00 AM
Shil

As his sword takes the Ankheg's life some of the acid burns on his face heal.

Shil turns around and kneels beside the fallen guy next to him, a healing prayer already on his lips. As he touches Andrew's leg the worst of his wounds heal.

Healing 2 HPs from Martial Spirit, taking them for himself.
Casting CMW on Andrew: [roll0]

Almostdead
2019-02-27, 06:14 AM
"Nine hells! I'm almost dead! Cough!Cough!"
Andrew can barely stand. And he is clearly in pain.
After checking his wound, he uses his healing belt to heal himself.

Healing belt 2 charges :[roll0]

Andrew feels better. Then he nods gratefully to those who came to his rescue, especially the knight.
"Thank you friends. I recognized that I do need help sometimes. I'm Andrew. A traveler. May I have your names?"

Simba
2019-02-27, 06:50 AM
Shil

"My name is Shil and I live to serve Trithereon. You are welcome."

razorback
2019-02-27, 08:16 AM
Coming up besides Veldrin, Jart slows his pace as he realizes the creature is dead. "Well done. Those creatures can be nasty in a fight." the towering human says with admiration. "I am Jart and this is my friend Veldrin. We may want to move out of the area as I think these things might have hives like ants. That is, unless you seek to root it out?"

Rex500
2019-02-27, 04:25 PM
"We thought you could use some help. Thankfully, you dispatched the monster quickly." explains the dark elf. "Veldrin Teken'afin, humble follower of the Dragon, at your service!" the drow bows with a flourish.

"Now, shall we keep going, Jart? I believe we both have had enough rain for the day, and that tower looks promising."

Diplomacy check btw!
[roll0]

Machuchang
2019-02-27, 06:04 PM
Thieren

Thieren's nose crinkled as a rank odor slowly overpowered the smell of the rain. There was something familiar about that scent, but it was stronger and harder to ignore than he remembered. He absentmindedly traced his fingers along the grimy wall as he crept toward the smell.

Then he caught sight of the body. Thieren stifled a gasp as the stench of death grew even stronger. What had he gotten himself into this time?

He would need to take a closer look to find out.

Thieren's going to continue to creep along toward the body and he's going to keep an eye out for any potential dangers. If the coast is clear, he's going to search the body.
Stealth: [roll0]
Pereception: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]

razorback
2019-02-27, 06:53 PM
To accentuate the point, Jart tips his hat forward, make the water pooling at his feet a hair wider. "Aye, my body feels shriveled with water from toenails to the top o' my head.
Perhaps there is a spot we could start a fire and dry our things while cooking something warm to give heat to our bones." he turns and looks at the others "Unless you have something more pressing, I think it might be the last dry spot we can find before nightfall."

BtanH
2019-02-28, 01:15 AM
Amanda picks herself up off the ground and works to slow her breathing. "Holy ****," she murmurs to herself. Guess she's in the real world now, no more school, no more safety. Pros and cons she shrugs to herself, better get used to it. "Sorry about that," she calls out. "First time I've come across a monster before. Bit of a shock to the system..."
"Are you all headed to that tower? I'm headed that way myself."

HumanTemplate
2019-02-28, 02:16 AM
@Everyone but the rogue
The rain is now really soft, but persistent. That tower seems as good as anything you are likely to find in the immediate vicinity. And it is only about a mile away.
You follow the ravine, while the conversation takes place. And as you turn around a grove of trees you see the ruins.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s3CGgm4TsPY/URvEfG3wWFI/AAAAAAAAAgc/-RHFxFV2cyY/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/moathouse.jpg

Not the best option. But perhaps better than a night under the rain. You should be able to reach Hommlet in the morning.

@Shil
Immediately upon seeing the ruins, an image strikes you: This must be the old Moat House from where, 25 years ago, the Elemental Evil tried to stablish and control the area.

@Thielen:
As you carefully approach the body, you notice a shadow on the corner of your eye, and discover two more bodies against the wall. Everything is quiet, the ceiling here is in better conditions than in the rooms behind you. If it weren't for the terrible stench, it would be the perfect spot for setting up a camp.

The body in the center of the room is a curious sight. It is the body of a woman cladded in leather armor. Her head is missing. And her body seems rigid, she clasps a fine looking shortsword tightly in her right hand, so tight that the blood has congelated there. Something must have killed her instantly. Her armor is very well crafted, and there's a quiver with a bow and some arrows. lying on the floor next to her there's a medallion, a black metal circle bearing a triangle with an inverted Y in the center.

The other two bodies are in far worse conditions, both show signs of decomposition and are the cause of the smell. One is a gnoll, but it is almost enterily destroyed, eaten by something big, only the head and limbs remain as the ribcge is completely exposed.

Next to it, the body of a male human wearing some kind of robes. His face presents three open wounds and he is missing one eye. his mouth is open in terror and flies go in and out of it. The same symbol hangs from his neck: a triangle with a Y.

razorback
2019-02-28, 12:20 PM
Jart talks sparingly, not comfortable with his new companions yet. He keeps an eye out around them as the rain slacks off a bit. As the turn the corner and the moathouse comes into view, he audible groans.
"Well, we can hope there is still a dry spot to be found... at least sum'in covered so we can start a fire." he shivers roughly in the damp and cold. "You probly don't want a rip-roaring fire, but I'm dyin' for it."

Simba
2019-02-28, 12:36 PM
Shil

Shil takes a long look at the tower, then shrugs, "I am all for taking cover. But this tower has a bad history so we should be careful. It is the place where the Elemental Evil tried to take control. Let's go and see what can be found there."

razorback
2019-02-28, 02:01 PM
Jart shrugs his shoulders as he looks back at Shil "Elemental Evil? What's that?"

Machuchang
2019-02-28, 05:34 PM
Thieren

Thieren stared sadly at the corpse of the woman in front of him. Alas, what a waste. She probably would have been beautiful if she still had a head. There were so many bodies, and it looked like she was the luckiest of them. Whatever got her had to have killed her instantly.

He shuddered. If there was something here that could take out two well-equipped humans and a gnoll, he didn't like his chances being all alone. What had he gotten himself into this time?

Thieren shook his head as removed the dead woman's equipment. Gods, the smell! It made it hard to think in here! Something felt off, but what? Two humans and a gnoll... Maybe they were just fighting each other, and some scavenger came by to gobble up the remains? Maybe it was safe to enter the room after all? But even if that were the case, whatever ate them was big. And Thieren was not. It might come back, and then what was he going to do?

But Hommlet was nearby, or at least, he thought it was. If any of the townsfolk blundered into the ruins and a monster was here, it would be a disaster! He couldn't let that happen! Besides, maybe Maridosen would like him better if he showed up a savior of the town... Yes, he was going to get to the bottom of this somehow! But he couldn't do it alone...

Thieren's going to take the woman's equipment and medallion, then will retreat back into the previous hall to inspect the finds. He's going to leave the other bodies alone for now.

Almostdead
2019-03-01, 12:57 AM
"Well, it got 'evil' in its name. Nothing 'good' could have happened. This place seems deserted. I wonder if there was anything left?"

Andrew walk towards the ruin as he talks to others. He stops at the entrance, mumbles something strange and grazes his eyes with his right hand.Then he snaps his fingers and focuses to check any sign of magic trace in the courtyard.

-Casts See the Unseen on himself: darkvision 60ft and see invisibility
-Casts Detect Magic at the courtyard

BtanH
2019-03-01, 02:07 AM
Amanda shivers, the cold from the rain seeping into her bones. "A large fire would be very welcome indeed."
She walks around a bit, checking out the ruins. "Hey, this used to be a wizards tower or something, right? I wonder if there are any secret tunnels or something underneath..." She casts detect secret doors and wanders around, concentrating on areas if she detects anything there.

razorback
2019-03-01, 12:01 PM
Jart grumbles something incoherent, and probably uncharitable, before responding to Andrew. "True, 'suppose, but don't really tell me much, eh? Just wonderin' if Shil has any more info in his history lesson."

Rex500
2019-03-01, 12:48 PM
"Charming decor." says Veldrin with a smile. "About as dreadful as the underdark."

"Jart! Could you please follow Andrew and Amanda? Who knows what manner of beasts may have taken up residence here." adds the elf, as he watches both humans take off.

He decides to do some exploration of his own.

[roll0] perception

HumanTemplate
2019-03-03, 03:02 AM
Amanda, Andrew, Jart and Shil walk into the courty yard through the small bridge. The place is empty and in clear decay. There are arrow slits along the walls and one single entrance: a set of stairs that lead to a double door, the doors are unhinged and broken. Nothing magic, nothing invisible.

Veldrin wanders around the moathouse, but there's only one place to cross the water. The bridge. Yo do see two spots from where you could easily go inside the moathouse as the walls are collapsed. You dont detect any evil, but you do notice that there is an unnatural abscence of animals and birds. Something must have scared them away.

Thieren (cannot post spoilers from.the phone) the sword is really well crafted and it feels balanced and deadly in your hands. You go back to room 12. You hear some noise, coming from the courtyard. Three arrow slits lined in the wall could let you peek through.

Machuchang
2019-03-03, 12:33 PM
Thieren

Thieren shrugged as he tucked the short sword into his belt. It felt pretty good in his hands, and it was bigger than a dagger. Besides, the poor woman wasn't going to be using it anymore.

He froze when he heard a noise from outside. Could it be the monster? More gnolls? Thieren fell into a crouch and crept toward the arrow slits in the wall. Cautiously, he poked his head up to peer through the hole.

Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]

Simba
2019-03-03, 12:35 PM
Jart grumbles something incoherent, and probably uncharitable, before responding to Andrew. "True, 'suppose, but don't really tell me much, eh? Just wonderin' if Shil has any more info in his history lesson."

Shil

"I don't really know much but I remember the expression and that it was really bad then."

razorback
2019-03-03, 01:11 PM
"Well, any gang who call'emselves 'Evil' in their name... well, you can bet its not all roses and butterflies." Jart says as he leans in, ducking into the doorway, keeping his chain ready in one hand and his net in the other. He tries to keep a quiet tone but his voice booms nonetheless.

Rex500
2019-03-03, 01:34 PM
Finding no monsters or inmediate threats, Veldrin decides to rejoin the others.

BtanH
2019-03-03, 03:09 PM
Amanda is a bit disappointed she doesn't find anything, "I guess this castle is just a pile of rubble. Not very exciting." She heads back to the others and tries to dry off.

Can prestidigitation dry me off? If yes, I'll do that.

HumanTemplate
2019-03-03, 04:54 PM
ThierenFrom the arrow slit you see two armored guys, one of which is taller than a pillar, and who moves to the stairs quickly. A skinny woman, pale and frightful, and another tal guy with some dark clothes and ill aspect.

@Jart You cross the courtyard in a few longstrides while your booming voice fills the air. Not an example of stealth. You duck at the entrance of the hallway and the stench of death hits you in the face. A headless body lies on the ground, both hands extended to the sides, a woman clad in armor. Then, two more bodies leaning against the wall, one of them eviscerated and already with some flies around.

@Amanda, Andrew and Shil Jart darts forward. And then stops cold at the entrance. You didn't detect anything in the courtyard, you haven't gone further.

@Veldrin you are outside, and from your position you can't see what's going on in the moathouse.

Map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1TZdjBnGsq6hv-auvB2ZJG7C-3hf2DJoj8jcC_qhpCk0/edit?usp=sharing)

Jart is dark green since there are two blues, the rest correspond to each speech color.

Almostdead
2019-03-03, 08:44 PM
"Right, nothing magic in the courtyard. Jart? What have you found?" After his fruitless search, Andrew notices Jart stops at the entrance of the the hallway.
He moves to duck beside Jart and looks inside. Then he sees what Jart sees.
"Nine hells! What is this?" Andrew suppresses his voice and takes a quick peek. Then he hides next to Jart.
He takes out his magic wand and activates it upon himself.
"So, what are we going to do?" He asks Jart quietly.

Activates Wand of Shield: UMD Take 10+10=20

Current AC 21

Simba
2019-03-04, 02:40 AM
Shil

" I remember now, around 20 years ago, followers of the demon god Zugtymov, mostly monstrous humanoids, built this moathouse as a stronghold. After their defeat it was taken by bandits, I think. The old temple of Zugtymov must be close."

Then, as he finishes his musing, Shil sees Jart stop cold at the entrance and moves to stand next to him, to see what had shocked him so.

Machuchang
2019-03-04, 02:51 AM
Thieren

Thieren's breath caught in his throat as he saw the figures. By the gods! They were so... so... TALL! It wasn't fair! The shorter two men of the three both had to be a foot taller than him! And the last, well, he was probably the biggest man Thieren had ever seen! Humans didn't come that size naturally. Maybe he was another half-breed? He probably had a much different upbringing than Thieren did, though. Thieren doubted that the man had been made fun of much in his youth. At the very least, not to his face.

They looked very well-equipped too, like they meant business. Thieren squinted his eyes, but saw no signs of strange medallions like the ones from the bodies.

It was then that he saw her. A young woman! And a cute one! Skinny, but there was nothing wrong with that. And short! Much shorter than Thieren was himself. That did not happen often. It would be a wasted opportunity not to at least introduce himself, right? Besides, if such a precious creature was tagging along with all these towering gentlemen, they couldn't be that bad!

Perhaps they were adventurers then? That seemed likely. Thieren had spent some time alongside adventurers in the past, and these people certainly looked the part. He often considered himself one as well, when in the right mood or the right company. Yes, Thieren liked adventurers. Gold had a funny habit of following the successful ones, and the unsuccessful ones, well, they didn't need much where they were going anyway.

That settled it then! Thieren would meet up with them and introduce himself. There was strength in numbers, after all, and if there were any hidden dangers, he would much rather not face them alone. Besides, if things should go awry, he at least had a vague idea of the moat house's layout. It wouldn't be too hard to cobble together an escape route.

With that, Thieren made his way back to the fetid hallway.

"Ho there, travelers!" Thieren said, stifling a cough. Gods, the smell really did not get better! "Looking for shelter, are we? Well, you certainly found it! Though I'm afraid our present company has proven to be most inhospitable, so I fear I must play the host in their stead. Please, allow me to introduce myself!" He bowed with a flourish.

"I am Thieren Kalse. It's a pleasure to meet you."

BtanH
2019-03-04, 03:15 AM
Amanda

Amanda hears someone introduce himself loudly and looks over. He's a bit short, and seems rather theatrical. She sighs, and thinks to herself "He'd better not be a bard..." After giving him a quick once over and making sure there's no immediate threat she goes back to trying to dry off, not particularly in the mood for social niceties. Perhaps after she dries off and gets a hot meal inside her.

HumanTemplate
2019-03-04, 06:50 AM
@To all the rain has almost died. But darkness is growing outside. Inside this large room, the smell of death is very strong, and the dawn light makes it hard to see with the passing minutes.

MAP (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1TZdjBnGsq6hv-auvB2ZJG7C-3hf2DJoj8jcC_qhpCk0/edit?usp=sharing)
I fixed the map, for the moment being I have disabled the edit option for you. Someone had erased the main map (don't care who was it, but the edit log showed me someone did) so please tell me where you want to move and I'll move you accordinlgy. You can make comments on the map, but I would like you to reserve those for status and duration of Buffs. It seems MachuChang knows his way on hosting images and such, so perhaps later on we can migrate the maps to another place. Untill then, we'll have to use drive.

Almostdead
2019-03-04, 10:11 AM
Andrew is a bit shocked after seeing Thieren came out of nowhere. Let alone his dramatic self-introduction.
"What? Wait a second. Thieren, you claimed? I am Andrew. Before accepting your hospitality, maybe you should tell us what was going on here? You have to admit you look quite suspicious in current situation."
He asks Thieren defensively and points to those corpses while speaks.

razorback
2019-03-04, 11:29 AM
"A couple of bodies." is all Jart says as the others ask, his eyes darting back and forth around. He squats down to touch the bodies, seeing if they are still warm.

As Thieren comes out and introduces himself, he raises his net high, ready to slow him down if he proves hostile.

HumanTemplate
2019-03-04, 12:14 PM
@Jart An experienced warrior does not fear a corpse. Jart kneels and touches the woman forearm with the back of his hand. The body is rigid, at least two days old. But the smell coming from the ther bodies is stronger, obviously, they have been dead longer. An experienced warrior knows that much, the flies tell the story.

Machuchang
2019-03-04, 05:35 PM
Thieren stood stock-still, slightly aghast at the frosty response, before shaking his head. He couldn't blame these people for being on edge. There were dead bodies around, after all. In fact, it was a little flattering that they thought he could have had anything to do with it.

"Andrew, is it? Nice to meet you. Yes, I suppose I must seem a little off, given the circumstances. I can't fault you for being cautious, but I have a simple explanation!

"You see, I came this way in search of the village of Hommlet. I have an old..." His eyes darted to Amanda for a brief moment. "...friend there, whom I was hoping to catch up with. However, I got caught in the rain and decided to take shelter here. Of course, I quickly found I was not alone, so I did what anyone else would do, and conducted a minor investigation. Something's been eating these corpses. Something big." He said grimly.

"You're welcome to check the other bodies out yourself, though I'm sure your big friend could confirm," Thieren gestured toward the corpses of the gnoll and the robed man. "I know not who they were, but I found this," He said, as he fished through his pocket for the medallion. He held it up triumphantly, before gently tossing it to Andrew.

"I don't know what it means, or if it has any relation to our mysterious, hungry, monster, but there's something going on here. Given Hommlet's proximity to this place, it makes me uneasy to leave it unexamined. At the very least, I think it would do us well to ally for the present."

HumanTemplate
2019-03-04, 06:08 PM
@ShilAs Thieren flashes the medallion you recognize it immediately. It is just the same symbol Prior Schweinkopff :smallbiggrin:showed you before sending you in this mission: The Elder Elemental Eye

https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/106708/assets/411991/ElderElementalEye.bmp?1421294579

The cult has some vague relation to Zugtymov, but more importantly, they are known for their cruel sacrificies and rituals of blood.
@Andrew You too recognize the symbol...

A voice booms inside your mind, as if something had awakened from a long slumber. THIS IS IT THIS IS THE PATH YOU MUST FOLLOW IF YOU WANT TO BE FREE This is the dreaded symbol of the Elder Elemental Eye, whose priest dwell in the borders of sanity and madness and whose power comes from corrupted demons of elemental nature

Almostdead
2019-03-04, 09:53 PM
As Andrew catches the medallion, he suddenly loses his focus. His jaw goes slack, and his eyes register bewilderment.
"...the path......the Elder Elemental Eye...the priest..."
He whispers in a strange and vague tone. Like repeating someone else's speech. Then he comes to in less than few seconds and shakes his head to stay focused.
He looks at those rotten bodies and nods to Thieren.
"I suppose you spoke the truth. Please forgive my cautiousness, Thieren. It will be great to have a keen observer as an ally. This medallion matters to me, and I'm going to get to the bottom of this."
Then he notices Shil is also looking at the medallion.
"Hey, Shil. I don't suppose you are interested in this as well?"

Rex500
2019-03-04, 10:11 PM
Veldrin sees nobody at the courtyard, and becomes a little concerned. Just a little, though. He has fought a few times besides Jart, and trusts the giant human enough to protect others.

The elf follows the rest of the party through the hallway.

BtanH
2019-03-04, 10:53 PM
"Do you think that monster we saw earlier could have been responsible? It looked pretty big to me, and like it'd have loved to have taken a bite out of one of us. I hope there aren't any more around." She looks around suspiciously, making sure there's no immediate danger despite there being no reason for there to be.

Simba
2019-03-05, 02:54 AM
Shil

"Hey, Shil. I don't suppose you are interested in this as well?"

"I recognize that sign, The Elder Elemental Eye. It belongs to a very cruel and brutal cult."

Shil's face turns very serious, his intent clear. "Let's find out what is going on here. We need to be especially careful, this is nothing small and not to be taken lightly."

Turning to Thieren he adds, "My name is Shil. I serve Trithereon."

HumanTemplate
2019-03-05, 04:19 AM
For those without low light vision, the shadows are growing fast. There are no sources of light and the cloudy skies make the dawn even darker.

@Jart: Your bones are hurting from the cold. You are struggling to keep your muscles from shivering and trembling. Roll a constitution check. DC 10

@Amanda: your magic helps you dry your clothes off. But the darkness is cruel to your human eyes, you can barely make the silouethes of the people around you.

@Veldrin: You feel comfortable inside the hallway, except for the terrible smell coming from the bodies. But the light is just right for you.

@Thieren: Your elven heritage allows you to shift your eyes as the shadows fill the hallway.

As you can see in the map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1TZdjBnGsq6hv-auvB2ZJG7C-3hf2DJoj8jcC_qhpCk0/edit?usp=sharing) (Can you all see the map?) there are two hallways and several doors. The lone door on the top right corner is destroyed and that room seems particularly dark from where you stand.

Anyone searching the bodies will find:
A medallion with the symbol of the Elder Elemental Eye. A pouch with 20gp, a MW battleaxe and three daggers
The human, whose decomposing face is fixed on an expression of horror, has a satchel with divine scrolls: Protection from good, Stone Shapex2, Comprehend languages. In the satchel there's also a purple stone mask, with smooth features. And close to him a very nice looking heavy mace. Next to his body, another medallion, but this is chewed and bent.
Healing checks on the bodies:
The gnoll and the man have been dead for at least a week. The Woman has been dead for a couple of days.

The woman died electrocuted. Her head must have exploded from the electric shock, now that you mention it... there's hair and flesh scattered around.

Search check on this area:
Scratched against the floor next to the to the gnoll, there's a grafitti written in Draconic, it reads "Utreshimon was here" and another "Gnolls taste like goat"

Rex500
2019-03-05, 10:10 AM
Veldrin arrives at the hallway. "What did we find?" he asks his companions with a friendly smile. Then the paladin sees the corpses. "What is this?" he continues, the dark elf's expression now suddenly serious.

Then he notices the newcomer. Veldrin extends one arm towards Thieren and stares at the short human. he seems to be concentrating.

The elf withdraws his arm "It wasn't you who did it. My apologies." he says to the rogue after a few moments, then moves resolutely towards the entrance to the upper right room and draws a beautiful blade.

Machuchang
2019-03-05, 12:59 PM
Thieren

"Um, yes, I know. I'm not typically the type to go on murdering sprees, but I do appreciate the confirmation," Thieren said to Veldrin, raising an eyebrow. He was clearly taken aback by the dark elf's presence. He had not seen many drow in his lifetime, and even then, only from afar. And of course, there was the issue of his height. This quirky swordsman was a pure-blooded elf for gods' sakes, and his people lived underground (or at least, Thieren was pretty sure they did). So why did he get to be tall too?! It just didn't make sense. Thieren was already the shortest man in the group, but it was unfortunate that every new addition further cemented that position. Truly, there was no justice on Oerth.

He returned his attention to the group as the newcomer drew his sword.

"Is your friend always like this?" He said, addressing no one in particular. "No offense, of course!" He turned quickly back to Veldrin. "It's just that, in my personal experience, people usually introduce themselves to one another before drawing their blades and running of- aaaaaand he's gone...

He shrugged.

"Well, Shil and Andrew get it," He said. "Which reminds me! Both of you said something about some 'Elder Elemental Eye,' right? I'm all for exercising caution and whatnot, but what exactly should we expect here? And our fetching young friend mentioned you all fought a monster already?"

He walked over to Amanda.

"Pardon me, Love, but would you be able to elaborate? What manner of beast did you fight before?"

HumanTemplate
2019-03-05, 01:30 PM
@Veldrin: you move to the broken door. It is full of dirt and completely rotten and if the wood still stands is a testimony to the hardness of the original door. the room was the scene of a fight, old bones lie scattered around among broken chairs and debris. These are bones whitened by time, ants and scavengers, not recent deads but someting from a long time ago.

@All: The darkness is now almost total. Those with low light vision start to have a hard time to see.

Rex500
2019-03-05, 01:57 PM
"Veldrin Teken'afin! A pleasure!" shouts the drow in response to Thieren as he surveys the room. Nothing but ancient bones, it would seem. This human appears to be awfully talkative, although not mean spirited? He seemed nice to the others, at least. "We might be needing torches! It is getting awfully dark!" he shouts again, as he makes his way into the room.

The elf still wonders who massacred these people. If they were still in the area he had to find them.

razorback
2019-03-05, 03:41 PM
The towering human comes into view, visibly shivering, as they speak with Thieren.
"Jart... Jart Dubin." obviously annoyed by the damp and cold. "Right now, I care not of no dragons. Let us make sure no one is lurking about to try and stab us in our sleep then we can start a bloody fire." he grumbles as he shakes off the rainwater like a dog.

Almostdead
2019-03-05, 08:27 PM
"I will tell you all I know after we dealt with this." Andrew responds to Thieren in the unusually darkness.
Though his invocation gives him the ability of darkvision, he is not sure about others.
"It will be a good idea to light a torch and be on your guard! The monster that killed these people could still be here."
He stares at Veldrin and shouts to others. Then he keeps a sharp lookout on surroundings, ready to blast any enemy to hell.

Ready to cast Eldritch blast at any enemy that shows up

BtanH
2019-03-06, 01:22 AM
Thieren

"Pardon me, Love, but would you be able to elaborate? What manner of beast did you fight before?"

Noticing the approaching darkness, Amanda casts Dancing Lights, spreading them around her so she can see. She turns to Thieren as he approaches, "It was an ankheg, I think...I've only ever read about them before. It was disgusting. And huge!"

Simba
2019-03-06, 02:25 AM
Shil

Shil lights a torch and starts looking around, sword in hand.

HumanTemplate
2019-03-06, 02:58 AM
@Veldrin: (room 7) This room is complete chaos, the table and the chairs are scattered around, and there are a dozen skulls and old bones. Nothing of value, except an improbably well kept hvy mace. The walls of the room are lined with ink-black tapestries that once, very long ago, were probably very valuable, but now are reduced to rags.

@Shil you unwrap a dry torch and light it up, just as Amanda sends her dancing lights going around. It is easier to look around, and the graffity in the ground is more easily seen: "Gnolls taste like goat" "Utreshimon was here" in rude but clear draconic scratched next to the slaughtered bodies.

(has someone searched the bodies? if so write down the loot from the spoiler in the post above)

Now also, you can identify the remains of what once was the woman's head...

@EveryoneBeside the two hallways leading south and west, the dancing light and the torches reveal a corner with some shelves(13). The rest of the doors are closed, except the last one at the end of the western hallway.

Simba
2019-03-06, 03:18 AM
Shil

Shil walks over to the shelf, sheathing his sword so he can check it.

Machuchang
2019-03-06, 03:38 AM
Thieren

Thieren nodded slightly to himself as he tried to make mental notes of his new companions’ names, but he was finding it difficult to concentrate on anything aside from the beautiful young woman in front of him.

“An ankheg, you say? That is truly a fearsome beast!” Thieren said, as he tried to remember what an ankheg was. “You must be quite an accomplished mage to have defeated one of those,” He smiled at her as he dug through his bag, before removing and igniting his hooded lantern.

“That oughta do it,” He said, satisfied. They may not really have needed that much more light, but it would have felt weird not to do so. He didn’t want to seem like he was mooching, or too reliant on his new party, or anything like that. He had just met them after all, and there was something to be said for keeping up appearances.

”If I remember correctly, there were a few doors down thataway that I did not have the opportunity to open.” Thieren swung his lantern so it pointed toward the hall he was in earlier. “Would you care to join me, Dear? It might be wise for us to explore in pairs, just in case.”

He started walking towards the hall.

“By the way,” Thieren said, suddenly stopping. “I don’t think I’ve had the pleasure of learning your name. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me?”

Almostdead
2019-03-06, 03:47 AM
Since there is no imminent danger. Andrew follows Shil to check the shelves.

Search check: 20

Simba
2019-03-06, 03:51 AM
Shil

Happy to have someone beside him, Shil nods to Andrew in appreciation and thanks. "It is a little creepy here and the place is obviously long abandoned but I have a bad feeling about it. Maybe it is just my imagination."

HumanTemplate
2019-03-06, 04:00 AM
@Thieren
You move to the door closest to you on the hallway (area 8), place your hand on the doorknob and you stop cold at the sound of a hundred little squeaks that grow and grow inside. Squeaks and flapping wings. You didn't hear it before...

@Shil and Andrew The shelves have nothing of interest...some cobwebs and tiny spiders that feed on a fat green fly... but... there's something behind the shelves: a stairway going deep into the bowels of the moat house.

Almostdead
2019-03-06, 06:29 AM
“This strange shadow makes me uneasy as well. We ought to be careful. Better safe than sorry... Look! There is a stairway going down!”
Andrew points to the corner behind the shelves. He looks at it for few seconds and talks to Shil.
"But I suggest we search the first floor thoroughly before going down. Maybe ask our companions to come with us too. What do you think, Shil?"

Simba
2019-03-06, 06:51 AM
Shil

"You are right, of course."

Rex500
2019-03-06, 09:50 AM
Veldrin grabs the well kept mace and places it in his bag. There didn't seem to be any monsters here. Had the culprits made their escape already? The thought frustrated him. There was a mass murderer out there, and if they didn't get caught there would no doubt be a repeat of this scene later.

The elf makes his way back through the door, and decides to follow in Thieren's direction. Safety in numbers, as they say.

Is the mace masterwork? :smallsmile:

razorback
2019-03-06, 11:49 AM
Jart lumbers after the othes as Andrew points down to the newly discovered stairs.
"Roit... best we check it to make sure nothing dangers is hiding down there."
Keeping his net held aloft, he gives Andrew a nod and follows him down.

BtanH
2019-03-07, 12:25 AM
"Oh, I didn't fight the beast, I just ran. The others here managed to take it down, though I didn't see how..." She says to Thieren, as she realizes all her companions are getting up and leaving. Rather than be left behind, she opts to follow them, keeping to the back of the largest group. "I'm Amanda, by the way." She'll keep the dancing lights on the periphery, where lantern light and whatnot starts fading.

Almostdead
2019-03-07, 01:37 AM
"Okay! Maybe we can start with the room next door. Jart, you are welcomed to join us."
Andrew (and whoever accompanies him) searches every room on the left side of the building.

Search check:
[19] Room next to the shelves
[9] Room to the west
[3] Room on the opposite side of shelves

:smallconfused:

Machuchang
2019-03-07, 02:19 AM
Thieren

Thieren sighed as he watched Amanda peel off to join the taller men. Alas. He couldn’t hold it against her, though. It was much wiser to go with a group of well-armed people she already knew rather than some stranger she met in a room full of bodies. At the very least, she seemed to have warmed up to him a bit, and that was a major victory in his book!

It was probably for the best anyway. It would be much harder to make amends with Maridosen if she saw him acting a little too familiar with another woman. With that, he turned back toward the hall.

As he began to turn the handle on the nearest door, he froze in shock at the sounds from within. He was about to turn back, until he realized he wasn’t alone.

”Ah, Veldrin! Just the elf I wanted to see!” Thieren said with a grin as he saw the drow approaching. ”You’re hearing what I’m hearing, right? It sounds like bats, but I would be remiss if I just opened the door and accidentally set loose some ancient, unknowable evil. Remember that thing you did earlier, where you confirmed I wasn’t a murderer? Can you do that through doors?”

HumanTemplate
2019-03-07, 04:16 AM
@Andrew, Shil, Amanda and Jart.

You move counter clockwise and open the doors of the rooms in the left. Doing it as the inexperienced dungeondelvers you are. Shil, your order often deals with battles in open fields, and tournaments of chilvalrous nature. Jart, you are the most experienced and yet you fall into the same carelesness of opening doors without even checking for traps. Amanda, you simply don't know better. And Andrew, this is your first dungeon...

Room 14-"Amid the wrecked and splintered wooden furniture here lie a few mangy pelts, the stuffed heads of a boar and a bear, and some broken antlers."

Room 15-"15-Empty Room
This room contains only blackened, charred bits of wood and stone, suggesting a fire long ago."

Room 16 "16-Kitchen
A wooden worktable still stands in this room, and a few wooden cupboards hang on the walls. A shattered cask lies near the blackened stones of a fireplace. A rusted cleaver lies on the floor."

Room 17 "The ceiling in this chamber has completely collapsed. If there was anything underneath, it is now smashed and well buried.
"

...Your recklessness goes unpunished.
However it takes you the good part of an hour to search through and through the empty rooms. The night outside is starless and dark. From the arrowslit on room 15 you can hear Shil's horse, nervously strutting while tied to a beam.

@Veldrin
There's no evil coming through the door.

@Thieren: The noise decreases as the dusk settles in and the night becomes fuller and fuller outside.

Almostdead
2019-03-07, 05:35 AM
"Wow! Nothing! Literally nothing!"
Andrew sighs disappointedly and wipes sweat off his forehead.
"I guess it's a good sign?" He asks his companions.

Simba
2019-03-07, 05:38 AM
Shil

"What did you expect? This building is long abandoned and I am sure the people who were here before us took their valuables with them when they left. Maybe we should be more careful when we go downstairs, though. Who knows what might be lurking in the dark?"

HumanTemplate
2019-03-07, 07:22 AM
@All You can no longer hear Shil's horse in the courtyard.

Simba
2019-03-07, 07:31 AM
Shil

"What?"

Shil runs to the courtyard to check on his horse.

Almostdead
2019-03-07, 08:09 AM
Andrew follows Shil to the courtyard.

Rex500
2019-03-07, 09:01 AM
"Of course!" smiles the dark elf in response to the rogue. He appears to be relaxing now, seeing that the building is mostly empty. Veldrin concentrates on the room for a moment.

"No ancient, unknowable forces of evil in there." says the drow after a few moments. "Still, it might be best to avoid disturbing the creatures too much." he continues, and opens the door as quietly as possible.

razorback
2019-03-07, 12:39 PM
Jart nods and follows the others as they explore the area. Finding nothing dangerous, and a couple of spots that looks a bit safer and secure, try's to decide where they should set up when he hears Shil call out.
Rushing out into the courtyard he peers around looking for trouble. "Didja hear something?" he says quietly, menace dripping off his words.

HumanTemplate
2019-03-07, 01:32 PM
@Veldrin, Thieren. Matter of time While the others looked around the place, you open the door to the room, it is a dark room with tapestries full of guano on the walls. A swarm of bats is getting out through the arrow slit of the parapet, some fly towards you and flutter their wings over your heads before heading into the night.

Then you explore and search trough the room. You even have time for some words. But you find nothing in here. Veldrin, your new mace is Master Work.

@Shil, Jart, Andrew, Amanda.
As you run out to the courtyard you see two bulky shadows on the other side of the courtyard. One is hunched over the other, two embers looking at the stairs where you stand holding the torch and surounded by the ghostly light of Amanda's spell.

A lighting breaks the night sky a for a moment you see the creature clearly.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/0d/f1/490df1e0e76aee0aa680ceddc50615cf.jpg

A blue scaled dragon larger than a horse.

Shil's dead horse lies in a pool of blood.

The dragon speaks, as if it was waiting for you, a thick draconic accent booms through the darkness.

SO YOU FINALLY CAME OUT TO PLAY AGAIN. I KNEW YOU'D GET HUNGRY AND DESPERATE. AS LITTLE RATS IN A TRAP

There's poor visibility due to the darkness beyond the radius of shil's torch. and Amanda's dancing lights. Sporadically, the night is lit by lightings in the distance. But there's no rain right now and the thunders sound distant. Assume the creature has concealment. And moving beyond the light is considered difficult terrain for anyone with normal vision.

Roll Initiatives.

For those who know the module SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!This is probably too challenging since I have scaled the original adventure. :-)

MAP (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1TZdjBnGsq6hv-auvB2ZJG7C-3hf2DJoj8jcC_qhpCk0/edit)

DC 0 This is a dragon! they are deadly, duhhh!
DC 15 Blue Dragons are known to be evil predators
DC 20 They use electricity
DC 25 A blue dragon this size is probably in the threshold of adulthood. Very dangerous for a group of ill prepared adventurers.
DC 30 Its Challenge rating is 8... Run!

razorback
2019-03-08, 02:26 PM
Jart stands for a moment, flabbergasted, before grunting and charging forward. Raising his net high, he throws it, trying to ensnare the blue beast before it can attack.

Jart
AC - 19; Current - 17
HP - 41; Current - 41

Full round action
Charge to 10' and throw his net (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#net)
[roll0] touch attack

If successful, the dragon is entangled (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/conditionSummary.htm#entangled).

Swift action
Activate Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker to move back to along the dark line that the #3 on the map is, but on the square closer to building grayed out near #8 and #12, appx 3 small squares to the right of #3.

Effects ~
Charging = +2 to hit and -2 to AC

Machuchang
2019-03-08, 07:39 PM
Thieren held back a scream as the flock of bats fluttered above his head, but he wasn't quite as successful when he heard the booming voice that followed.

"What in the hells was that?!" His stomach dropped. Could that have been the creature responsible for the bodies in the hall? And what did it mean by "you finally came out to play... again?"

"Veldrin!" He called out to his new friend. "Whatever that was, I did not like the sound of it! I think we're going to need to find a way out of here sooner rather than later!"

He took off running toward the main hall.

"I'm going to check on the others!"

BtanH
2019-03-10, 12:19 AM
Amanda pales, realizing what stands before them is decidedly evil dragon, and not as especially young one either.

I'm pretty sure I can move close enough for this, if I can't I'll move closer and ready an action to cast if the dragon approaches.
Move action - Move as close as possible while still staying behind someone else.
Standard - cast ray of enfeeblement
[roll0] vs touch ac
str penalty [roll1]

I may have accidentally moved something on the map, I don't think so though

HumanTemplate
2019-03-10, 05:34 AM
Round 1

Jart darts across the night, looking like an oversized jack O'lantern, he throws his ne over the dragon, entangling him with the ropes and knots.

Amanda, trying to atone herself from the ankheg fiasco, moves to the stairs and shoots the dragon with a green ray that softens the strength of the magnificent beast.

Utreshimon likes this. Letting go a big growl he senses he might have underestimated you a little bit, but this would only be more entertaining.

AHHHHRGHHH! I guess I need to soften my meal a little bit, I like when you play.

Electricity crackles as big U open its mouth, and a line of pure lightning violently crosses the dark night. It flies in jar's direction surprising him point blank and electrocuiting the large human who shakes in pain and convulses involuntarily. The eletricity arcs and smashes the Moat House wall with a sound of roaring thunder. Veldrin and Thieren feel it too.

Jart save Reflexes DC 20[roll0]

Then the entangled Utreshimon takes off, knowing that the advantage is lost and needs to be found.

The Dragon flies 75' Up into the air, moving slowly and with difficulties. But at the same time becoming more difficult to see from your position.

Almostdead
2019-03-10, 06:56 AM
Andrew is startled by the mighty beast. Dragons are always ruthless and destructive in legends. Though this one seems smaller than he thought. He dares not to look down on it.
His companions attack the dragon bravely. But the dragon strikes back at Jart with a lightning bolt.
Before he can make any actions, the dragon flew to the sky, away from his blast range.
So he uses his wand again to enhance his defense. Then he moves out a little to make sure he sees the dragon.

-Use wand of shield at himself
-UMD take 10+10=20
-Move to the square below the "sun" (which is on Amanda's right)

-Current AC 21

razorback
2019-03-10, 11:30 AM
Jart, taking the full blast of the dragon's blast, nearly drops to his knees as the thing takes to the air.
"Cover... get to cover!" he croaks out as he quickly moves to the nearest cover, running into the tower as he yells.

Jart
AC - 19; Current - 19
HP - 41; Current - 9

Move action
Move inside #4, which looks to be a tower.

Standard action
Use 1 charge of healing belt
[roll0]

Effects ~

Simba
2019-03-11, 08:18 AM
Shil

Shocked by the sudden appearance of a dragon and the death of his warhorse, Shil hesitates before taking action.
He runs across the courtyard and takes cover in the same tower Jart is using for cover.

"Maybe if we go up in the tower we can reach the beast. We need to make it land to kill it. As long as it flies we are dead meat!"

- Move action: run to the tower 4 (I hope it IS a tower and it is high enough to get closer to the flying dragon)
- Standard action: Use a charge from his Wand of Lesser Vigor on Jarl (heal 1 HP/round for the next 9 rounds)

HumanTemplate
2019-03-11, 08:29 AM
Round 1

Shil catches up with Jart in the middle of the courtyard (next to #3) while he pulls out his wand out of his belt and hits Jart with a healing charge. He senses where Jart is moving and has the same idea. But his heavy armor leaves him in the middle of the courtyard, exposed.

Thieren
Amanda
Jart
Utreshimon
Andrew
Shil
Veldrin

Round 2

Jart enters the tower after being healed a little bit by Shil. The tower is in ruins, no roof or platforms, only the bones of several animals and a skull, old and dusty, stuck to a wall by an ancient looking cowebb.

JartThieren
Amanda

Utreshimon
Andrew
Shil
Veldrin

If your character's name is BOLD you can post your action for this round even if Utreshimon hasn't acted(I'll fix it in my post). That includes Veldrin's action for Round 1

Rex500
2019-03-11, 09:35 AM
Veldrin runs towards the entrance as fast as he can! Whatever it was that hit on the building was ominous, to say the least.

Machuchang
2019-03-11, 06:03 PM
Thieren

Thieren practically jumped mid-run as he felt the walls of the moat house shudder. It suddenly didn't seem like that good a shelter anymore. Still running, made his way back to the entrance, only slowing down when he caught sight of his new companions.

"Hey! Andrew!" He called out to the nearest figure between his heavy breaths. "What's going on out there?!"

Almostdead
2019-03-11, 08:46 PM
"Well, we got a lightning breathing lizard here. Quick! We need your help!"

As he speaks the dragon flies to nowhere.
Confused, he enters the building and talks to Thieren.

"Too late! The dragon is gone, for now..."

-Moves back into the building, near the closest door

BtanH
2019-03-11, 10:20 PM
Amanda notices her companions seem to be running for cover. Seems like a good call after the lightning the dragon breathed nearly killed Jart, it looked like it would definitely kill her. Plus the dragon is too high up to get hit by any of her spells. She runs for cover.

Moves put whatever she can between the dragon and herself.

HumanTemplate
2019-03-12, 02:28 AM
Round 2

Veldrin and Thieren make it to the courtyard. Just as Amanda seeks cover inside the building. Andrew is left alone in the middle of the courtyard.

The dragon flies over the Moat House, clumsily and slow, he moves north, beyond your line of sight. Probably wanting to entangle himself before anything else.

Utreshimon takes a double move, flying 150' north, over the moathouse. DC to spot him DC 30

Thieren
Amanda
Jart
Utreshimon
Andrew
Shil
Veldrin

you may post Round 3.

Rex500
2019-03-12, 06:33 AM
"A giant lizard...?" asks Veldrin, staying right under the entrance to the building. He grabs on to his pendant, which appears to be in the shape of a little dragon's head.

"Hold on, my brother and sisters!" he says, and it seems as if light surrounds the elf and the others in the building for just a moment."The platinum dragon protects us."

Veldrin casts bless from scroll.
+1 to Atk and saves to fear Effects to Thieren, Amanda, Veldrin and Andrew.
He then draws his longbow as move action.

Simba
2019-03-12, 07:13 AM
Shil

Happy to have a moment to help Jart with another dose of his Healing, Shil moves to touch the big warrior and speak a prayer to his god.

CLW: 1d8+4

razorback
2019-03-12, 03:22 PM
"Me thanks, Shil. I don't know what more I can do with anything but this little mosquito compared to that bugger, but we would be dead meat if we stay outside and that thing strafes us. Bugger flew off with me net, he did. Can you see the others?" Jart says as he pulls out his dart.

Jart
AC - 19; Current - 19
HP - 41; Current - 28, 7 more rounds of Lesser Vigor

Move action
Move deeper inside for cover

Standard action
Pull out (probably ineffective) dart.

Effects ~

HumanTemplate
2019-03-13, 04:22 AM
Round 2
Veldrin offers a blessing to you all.

Shil moves next to Jart and heals him further.

Round 3

Jart moves further inside the tower (4) but there's no cover over him. This stone cylinder is the perfect place to be trapped.

The dragon is nowhere to be seen.

Post regardless of initiative for round 3 and those who act before the dragon in round 4.

Simba
2019-03-13, 04:39 AM
Shil

"Come on Jart, we need to take cover inside, this tower is not safe!"

Shil sprints across the courtyard to get back under the roof of the main building.

Full round action: run across the courtyard. Tripple move in heavy armor is 60', that should be easily enough to get back to cover.

Almostdead
2019-03-13, 06:24 AM
"Okay! What should we do now? It seems to me that we are not going to defeat the dragon this way. It can fly away whenever it likes."
Andrew sighs, then he sees Shil and Jart runs back to the hall.
"Maybe we should venture downstairs and look for secret exit? Just speaking."

Machuchang
2019-03-13, 02:57 PM
Thieren

"I 100% agree with your suggestion, my friend!" Thieren said to Andrew as he nervously scanned the dark skyline. "We're trapped in here, and I'd bet you a shiny silver piece our dragon acquaintance is just waiting to zap us as soon as he sees us. I can't say I was aware there was a lower level, but I would hope the stairs are too thin for the dragon to enter. That might be our only option."

He ran a hand through his hair nervously.

"Where would those stairs be, anyway?"

Active Effects: Bless

razorback
2019-03-13, 03:15 PM
Looking up as Shil calls out, he nods as he runs, his long legs outpacing his companion.

Not sure which direction Shil went but Jart will try for #15 or #14 if it looks like they have a roof.

Almostdead
2019-03-13, 10:33 PM
“The stairs are just behind those shelves.”
Andrew points to the direction of the stairs.
"But what about others. What do you think?"

Simba
2019-03-14, 02:08 AM
Shil

"I agree that the dragon is a great challenge but I would rather not have him behind us as we move into unknown territory. I say we deal with him now and rest afterwards before we go down."

HumanTemplate
2019-03-14, 03:43 AM
Round 3

Shil gets back to the main building.

Where everyone is making a decision. The stairs are pretty narrow. Jart would have to squeeze. A dragon this size can go in, but risking a lot getting entangled.

Round 4

Jart joins the rest. Thieren is making his mind about going back inside.
Suddenly, a shadow crosses the night sky and Utreshimon lands on the broken beams right over you with a thud. His breathing is strong. His senses keen. You feel he sees you through the beams and broken ceiling, even if he can't attack you. His eyes fix on Amanda.

You are the one who weakened me. Now you pay, now you suffer!

Amanda starts to convulse with pain, unbearable pain.

duration in rounds [roll0]; damage round 1: [roll1]

The dragon is right over you. the ceiling give you full cover against any physical attack and give him partial cover and concealment of 50%. You don't get concealment due to the dragon's blindsight, unless you move out of this spot.

Thieren
Jart
Amanda
Utreshimon
Andrew
Shil
Veldrin

Almostdead
2019-03-14, 06:37 AM
"Damn it! It's Power Word Pain! A spell that none of us can resist. And don't forget the dragon breath too. Either you tell me how do we get the dragon down, or I'm certainly going downstairs."

Andrew talks to Shil anxiously. And tries to hide himself from the dragon.

Identify the spell: 23
Free action to speak

Rex500
2019-03-14, 10:52 AM
"I'll try to block the entrance. Hopefully slow him down a little." says Veldrin to the group. Then he shouts to the dragon:
"Spawn of Tiamat! Was it you who murdered these people, coward?
Veldrin moves 2 squares southwest and casts Protection from Evil from a scroll. +2 to AC and saves.

BtanH
2019-03-15, 12:30 AM
Amanda hunches over, gasping as pain wracks her body. She's visibly weakened by this, and unfortunately has no way of healing herself. "You'll pay for this," she mutters to herself as she looks up at the dragon. She steels herself, casting.

I'm pretty sure I can target him with blindness/deafness with no problem?
Standard action cast - Blindness/Deafness to blind him. DC 16, fort negates

HumanTemplate
2019-03-15, 07:02 AM
Round 4

Through the pain, Amanda casts a spell aimed at the dragon. But Utreshimon shrugs it off.

Cheap tricks from a minor caster. Now I understand what kept you hidden so many days. I must have killed the toughest of you. Though I must admit you look tastier.

Only Andrew and Shil are left.

Amanda, Jart and Thieren may act in round 5

Almostdead
2019-03-15, 08:03 AM
"If that is what you want! Taste my blast!"

Andrew tries to shoot the dragon with his eldritch blast.
Then he walks towards the stairs.

"I'm going down, are you guys coming?"

Round 4

-Standard action to cast Sickening Blast
-Move towards the stairs, as close as possible

[roll0] Ranged touch blast
[roll1] Blast damage
[roll2] Concealment

If hit, Fort save DC 17 or be sickened

Effect: Bless, Shield(5 rounds left)
Current AC 21

HumanTemplate
2019-03-15, 01:28 PM
Andrew, your blast flies true trough the beams of the ceiling and hit Utreshimon in the underbelly. Barely a scratch, but better than nothing. However, the dragon shruggs the secondary effect.

razorback
2019-03-15, 02:15 PM
HumanTemplate, at #13 on the map, is that stairs up or down?

Edit
Sorry, I thought I posted this in the OOC.

HumanTemplate
2019-03-15, 02:29 PM
HumanTemplate, at #13 on the map, is that stairs up or down? 13 go Down, that is the room with the shelves and stairs going down. #8 are up, but are partially destroyed, you can move into the roof, if that's what you want.

razorback
2019-03-15, 03:01 PM
Jart grunts as he moves to the otherside of the room, pulling a potion as he goes.

Round 5
Jart
AC - 19; Current - 19
HP - 41; Current - 30, 5 more rounds of Lesser Vigor

Take out potion of Enlarge Person as he moves.
Not sure where the access to the room from #8 is. He will move close to that but not pop out... yet.

Effects ~

HumanTemplate
2019-03-15, 03:11 PM
Round 4

Jart
Thieren
Amanda
Utreshimon
Andrew
Veldrin
Shil

Round 5

Jart darts across the room, ignoring Amanda, bent over herself in pain, and sets himself to face the creature in the open.

Jart
Thieren
Amanda
Utreshimon
Andrew
Veldrin
Shil

Simba
2019-03-16, 03:27 AM
Shil

Seeing Amanda bent over in pain, Shil decides to help her as he can.
But before that he needs to support Jart in his fight so he stops to utter a quick prayer.

Shil casts Elation in round 4:

Your allies become elated, full of energy and joy.
Affected creatures gain a +2 morale bonus to effective Strength and Dexterity, and their speed increases by +5 feet.
Elation does not remove the condition of fatigue, but it does offset most of the penalties for being fatigued.

Then he moves to stand beside Amanda and touches her, warm healing flooding through her.

Cast CLW on Amanda for [roll0] HPs

HumanTemplate
2019-03-16, 03:42 AM
Round 4

Jart, as you start to dart across the room, Shil calls forth the power of his god, you feel better, more confident, stronger. In fact, you are elated of facing a dragon who almost fried you a few seconds ago.

Round 5

Amanda, the pain goes on, eating you from inside.

Concentration check to casd DC spell level+ damage taken [roll0]

Almostdead
2019-03-16, 07:42 AM
Andrew frowns when his companion insists on confronting the dragon right now. In his view, there is no chance to subdue the dragon without getting themselves killed first.

"Thieren, we are facing stagnation here. Are you willing to scout downstairs with me to see if it is safe?"

He calls out to Thieren.

Free action to speak

Machuchang
2019-03-16, 09:17 AM
Thieren

Thieren grit his teeth as he heard Amanda gasping in pain. The poor thing. It broke his heart to see her like this.

But then there was Shil. Thieren’s heart filled with joy as he watched the cleric lay hands on her. That was good! Maybe they could do this after all!

He perked up even further when he heard Andrew’s suggestion. Thieren was no great warrior like Jart or Veldrin, but he could contribute in other ways.

“Andrew, you are full of marvelous ideas today!” He said, with a hint of laughter in his voice. Please, allow me to go first! I’ll be sure to find any traps!”

Thieren’s going to book it as fast as he can to the stairs. If there’s still time for actions, he’s going to check for traps.

Search: [roll0]

HumanTemplate
2019-03-16, 09:53 AM
Round 5

Thieren sprints towards the staircase, It is a narrow and uncomfortable passage. Taking a double move he makes it as far as the first flight. Then the stair turns sharply. Under the light of his hooded lamp he sees dried blood on the walls and stairs, as if someone had dragged himself wounded and bleeding.

A quick accelerated search for traps -10, does not reveal any traps. You haven't activated any trap either. With your double movement you walk 15' downstairs, 5' ahead there's a stop and the stair turns in a sharp 90 degree angle and goes down twisting in a snail shape stair. The stair is barely wide enough for a medium size creature to move.

Thieren
Jart
Amanda
Utreshimon
Andrew
Veldrin
Shil*** Use CLW on Amanda will adjudicate it after the dragon's actions. Just in case.

Almostdead
2019-03-16, 09:56 AM
Andrew follows Thieren to the stairs.
After Thieren finished searching for traps.
Andrew stops his eager friend and hands him the wand that he has been holding in hand.
"Fortune favors the brave! But we'd better be careful. I see you are a man with deft hands as well. Perhaps you should use this wand of shield before going down?"

Round 5

-Move action to follow Thieren
-Standard action to give him the wand of shield?

UMD DC 20 to use it, +4 shield bonus for 1 minute

BtanH
2019-03-16, 06:04 PM
Amanda figures she'll give it one last shot before trying to escape with the others and attempts to cast again.

Standard Cast Blindness/Deafness to Blind the dragon DC 16 Fort Save
Concentration Check DC 3 -> Auto success (+8 concentration and skills can't critfail)
Move action -> move towards the others who're heading down some stairs

HumanTemplate
2019-03-16, 06:22 PM
Round 5

Amanda tries to blind the dragon, but her magic is ineffective against him.

Utreshimon smells the air loudly and for a moment you can see his eye staring at you. Part of Jart's net still hanging from one of his horns.

Ah! You gonna hide again under the earth? Not this time

He ushers some arcane words and then takes off and flies south-east. Disappearing from sight.

Shil follows Amanda to the stairway in room 13 and heals her up.

Only Veldrin and Jart remain in this room.

Rex500
2019-03-16, 07:56 PM
"It seems self-preservation is Indeed the right idea at the moment." says the dark elf, lowering his Elven bow. He follows the rest of the group.""I'll be right behind you!"

Veldrin moves closer to the secret entrance. He'll end up 10 feet to Shil's right.

razorback
2019-03-17, 09:14 AM
Jart growls as the dragon flies away, unsure if the blue beast sensed his motives or was just lucky. Looking to where the others went, he rushes back to them.
"If flew off, looks like to that moat house we tried'n get cover from. Probably going to bide it's time and wait for us or try'n draw us out." he says as he crouchs behind a wall.

Round 5
Jart
AC - 19; Current - 19
HP - 41; Current - 31, 4 more rounds of Lesser Vigor

He moves to the wall at the top of room 14. Is there ceiling where he is now at?

Effects ~
Potion still in hand

HumanTemplate
2019-03-17, 01:37 PM
Round 6

Thieren continues his descent. The stair is long. Assuming his intention is to scout ahead. He finds no traps (I have rolled the search myself) If you want to do something different let me know and I'll edit.

Jart decides he wants to fight and wait for the dragon while the others move into the room with the stairs. The proud warrior is ready to take on the beast.

Down the hallway Utreshimon shows his ugly head he scouts the situation quickly and through his fangs he smiles.

Some meaty mice I got to play, I like mine greasy

Under Jart a large black spot of slippery grease materialize, causing the jottunbrund human to balance.

DC 13 Reflex or fall.

[roll0]

Thieren
Amanda
Jart
Utreshimon
Andrew
Veldrin
Shil

BtanH
2019-03-17, 07:58 PM
Amanda continues following the others, and I think catches up to them. She winces in pain slightly as the power word continues to take effect.

If she isn't caught up yet I'll edit.
Double Move to catch up
HP 20/22

Rex500
2019-03-17, 08:28 PM
"Jart!" calls Veldrin. He hopes his giant-blood friend will catch up to them soon. Meanwhile the elf swiftly retrieves an arrow from his quiver, and aims towards Utreshimon.

Shoot an arrow at the dragon. With smite evil.
[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
Veldrin then moves towards the spot over Andrew in the map.

HumanTemplate
2019-03-18, 05:56 AM
Round 6

Veldrin's arrow misses the dragon, who seems ready to pounce on Jart if the Giant-blooded human falls in the grease, the dragon's muscles tense like a big feline, killer eyes.

Amanda follows Andrew and Thieren down the winding stone stairs, the pain recedes but does not go away.

Shil is left with a decision. Run or help the two strangers facing the dragon.

Thieren
Amanda
Jart
Utreshimon
Veldrin
Andrew
Shil

Simba
2019-03-18, 08:41 AM
Shil

Seeing Jart out in the open, already wounded but willing to fight to keep them safe, Shil nods to the others "Stay safe or help us, as you will. I can not let him die for me!"

Lifting his sword high, Shil charges the dragon.

Chrarge (double move, 50')
Attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

- AC: 19
- HPs: 44

- active spells: Elation (+2 STR, DEX, +5' move)
- Stance: Martial Spirit (heal 2 HPs per successful attack)

HumanTemplate
2019-03-18, 04:58 PM
Shil, you barely know this guy. But he is brave and stubborn. You are not going to leave him to his own.

You charge into combat, knowing that the beast has many more attacks than you. Your swinging sword clashes against is skin, but it bounces off harmlessly. You are face to face with the dragon. But you might have saved Jart...

At leassst you don't squeak like the old man.

HumanTemplate
2019-03-19, 02:34 AM
Round 7

@Thieren finally the stairs end, widening in a last stretch that takes you into a room ith four columns. The place is dark other than your light. And it seems empty. You can see two doors to your righ and a passage in the southeastern corner. Temperature here dops significantly and there's an eerie feeling to this room.

The walls are of good quality masonry and seem solid.

http://rev.clicker-training.org/rev/blog/images/belenor/238-CrowEntrance.jpg

MAP 2 (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1gAIJx2NujV1SYsZri-DgYyn-BnsmNmZBYOM0dZjMjRM/edit?usp=sharing)

Amanda and Andrew follow you closely.

@Jart: This stranger just charged the dragon to help you. Can you regain your balance and even out the fight?

Almostdead
2019-03-19, 04:58 AM
"Never mind...It happens sometimes."
Andrew comforts Thieren as he fails to activate the wand.
He takes the wand back and looks around.

Perception check: -3

Unfortunately, the whisper in his head gets louder all of a sudden. Darkness comes over his eyes and makes him dazed for a second.
"Damn!" Andrew holds his head.
"At least we are not ambushed down here. Should we call Shil and Jart now?"He rubs his eyes and asks his companions.

HumanTemplate
2019-03-19, 05:49 AM
Thieren ties to activate Andrew's wand of shield. A burst of arcane energy hits him right in the face and his sight becomes blurry.

Damage [roll0]; Misshap: for the duration of the spell +[roll1] rounds any enemy Thieren attacks benefits from a +2 shield bonus

razorback
2019-03-19, 05:56 AM
Jart, seeing Shil being brave, stirs something in him.
Carefully moving, he quaffs down the potion, growing to enormous size.

Round 5
Jart
AC - 19; Current - 19
HP - 41; Current - 32, 3 more rounds of Lesser Vigor

Move around the corner, off the Grease, and drink potion

Effects ~

HumanTemplate
2019-03-19, 06:46 AM
Round 7

Utreshimon roars and attacks Shil with fury trying to deal a lethal blow with his bite! and follows it with two vicious claw attacks.

Bite attack with Power attack -5 [roll0] damage [roll1]; 2 claws [roll2]; [roll3] damage [roll4] and [roll5]

But the cleric holds the dragon's attack with his shield and the flat side of his shield making Utreshimon even angrier!

HumanTemplate
2019-03-19, 01:21 PM
Round 7

@Thieren, Amanda:

Something moves in the south-west corner. Amanda sees a shadow, but thieren makes out the bulky figure of a Gnoll, getting up and picking up a spear. There's another leaning against the wall. The one standing up gives him a little kick. They have seen you. They try to look menacing. But there's something in the way they move that seems pathetic. They yap in a terrible common:

Intruders! Intruders!

How you got here... how you got here...

Intruders.

Andrew: you are lost in your own thoughts, it takes you a few seconds to understand what's going on.

You may act in round 8

Upstairs

The three heroes are facing the dragon. A tall challenge, not a bad way to die for an honourable drow...

Thieren
Amanda
Jart
Utreshimon
Andrew
Veldrin
Shil

Machuchang
2019-03-19, 01:27 PM
Thieren

"Fwaagh!" Thieren yelped in pain as the wand backfired into his face. Embarrassed, he gingerly handed it back to Andrew.

"I swear, this doesn't usually happen with me," He said, more to Amanda than Andrew. "I know my way around a wand,"

Attempting to play it off, he turned away from the group and furiously blinked until his eyesight got close enough to normal. Once he was satisfied, he shifted his focus to the new room in front of them and reeled back at the sight of the monsters in the shadows.

"Gnolls!" He shouted to his companions as his grip tightened around his rapier. "So much for not being ambushed, eh?"

Active Effects: Elation, Enemies +2 Shield AC vs. Thieren

HumanTemplate
2019-03-19, 01:51 PM
@Thieren. These gnolls seem to be exhausted, their voices barely projecting any strength. Who knows how many days they have been trapped in here. Who knows if that is the fate that awaits you. Buried underground for fear of facing the dragon.

We can run this as separate initiatives, anyway it takes 3 rounds to go up and down the stairs.

Downstairs

Round 8

Thieren
Amanda
Andrew
Gnolls

Upstairs
Initiative Round 7-8
7th Veldrin
Shil

8th Jart
Utreshimon
Veldrin
Shil

Rex500
2019-03-19, 02:03 PM
Veldrin fires off another shot, then moves behind the wall of the secret passage.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage.

Machuchang
2019-03-19, 02:59 PM
Thieren

"Did the dragon trap you down here too?" Thieren asked the gnolls. He had heard that gnolls were murderous, untrustworthy beasts before, but he couldn't help but pity them in their current state.

"We saw what it did to your friend up there," He said, remembering the rotted, shredding carcass upstairs. "I can't say I blame you for hiding. Discretion is the better part of valor, after all.

"Of course, that will only take you so far. You two must have been stuck down here for days. I can see you're both weak and hungry, and my friends and I have you outnumbered," He gestured to Amanda and Andrew behind him. "You don't want to fight us. In fact, I think we would be much better off if we worked together. We have some friends upstairs who are fighting the dragon right now. If we work together, we might be able to defeat it, or at least escape alive.

"Besides," Still holding his rapier in one hand, Thieren rooted through his bag with the other before pulling some food from his pouch of Everlasting Rations. He held it up so the gnolls could see it easily."I'll make it worth your while!"

Thieren attempts to diplomacize the gnolls.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Active Effects: Elation, Enemies +2 Shield AC vs. Thieren

HumanTemplate
2019-03-19, 03:14 PM
@Thieren: as you take a step forward you see that the gnolls are well equipped, good quality armors and weapons and in their necks, they have medallions with this symbol:

https://db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/106708/assets/411991/ElderElementalEye.bmp?1421294579

BtanH
2019-03-19, 09:23 PM
Seeing the Gnolls, Amanda pales. Yet another monster. She's content to let someone try a diplomatic approach, but she'd take precautions as well.

Cast Protection from Evil on myself. 1min/lvl
+2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves vs evil
Immunity to possession/enchantment type stuff and can't be touched by summoned evil creatures

Almostdead
2019-03-20, 03:04 AM
Due to his inability to strike up conversation with stranger. Andrew decides to shut his mouth and let Thieren handle this situation. It would be good if those gnolls cooperated. But he still keeps a close watch on them, in case of anything unexpected.

Round 8

Ready action: Take 5-foot step backward if any gnoll attack him

Active Effects:Shield (2 rounds left)

Current AC 21

HumanTemplate
2019-03-20, 08:31 AM
@Veldrin Your arrow flies true and slips inside the dragon's scales. Not the greates damage, but first blood indeed.

@Shil The beast failed all its attacks. Jart seems safe for now... retreat? or fight?

@Jart: This could be the turning point. Utreshimon is grounded and inside the building. But that thunderous breath...

Downstairs

The gnolls look at Thieren's food with great ambition. Then at the pale skinny woman and the aristocratically looking Andrew.

They nod at each other.

One of them moves to the south east hallway and gives a whistle.

The other tightens his grasp on the spear and says, threatingly:

"We don't beleeeve ya. The dragon must have gone. We get yer food or we kill ye. Drop yer weepons and kneel

Simba
2019-03-21, 02:35 AM
Shil

Shil takes a few steps to the side, trying to get away from the dragon's dangerous front side, and takes a firm stance before swinging his sword again.

MOve to the side of the dragon so Jart could get flanking if he charges.
Crusader's strike: [roll0] damage: [roll1]
On a successful hit, Shil heals 2 HPs (Martial Spirit) and Jart heals [roll2] HPs (Crusader's Strike)

AC: 21
HPs: 44

- active spells: Elation (+2 STR, DEX, +5' move)
- Stance: Martial Spirit (heal 2 HPs per successful attack)

HumanTemplate
2019-03-21, 04:34 AM
Upstairs Round 7:

@Shil, the momentum is against you, a true dragon has him within his reach. But you are not going to go down without a fight.
Moving and feinting you find a weak spot in the dragon's defense and slip your sword through it, severing a muscle in Utreshimon's shoulder. The dragon screams in pain.

Ahhh, I'll get you for that.

Upstairs Round 8

Jart
Utreshimon
Veldrin
Shil

Jart

LOOP

Downstairs Round 8

The Gnolls have made their move.

The gnolls have acted in round 8. One moved to the south east hallway, and the other closer to thieren and readied his spear.

Initiative for Round 9:

Thieren
Amanda
Andrew
Gnolls

Machuchang
2019-03-21, 02:57 PM
Thieren

Thieren sighed at the gnoll's response, doing his best to seem nonchalant, though the hair on the back of his neck was stiff from the other gnoll's whistle.

"Well, I suppose we don't have much of a choice, do we?" He said to the gnoll, shaking his head. "Amanda dearest, Andrew... I'm about to do something incredibly stupid. Please don't let me die."

With a wink, the half-elf turned and lunged toward the nearest gnoll.

Thieren's going to charge the gnoll.

Damage: [roll1] or 1d6+3 if Elation is still active.

Effects: Elation(?), Charging (+2 to hit, -2 AC), Wand of Shield Mishap (Enemies +2 AC vs. Thieren)

razorback
2019-03-21, 03:11 PM
After a few moments of nearly slipping and sliding, Jart finally gets his footing.
Growling, the now giant sized Jart moves forward, trying to slam the creature with all his might into the far wall.

Round 8
Jart
AC - 19; Current - 18
HP - 41; Current - 41, 1 more rounds of Lesser Vigor

Move into Mr. Dragons' square with Improved Bullrush/Dungeoncrasher

In addition, you gain a special benefit when making a bull rush. If you force an opponent to move into a wall or other solid object, he stops as normal. However, your momentum crushes him against it, dealing an amount of bludgeoning damage equal to 4d6 points + twice your Strength bonus (if any).

Opposed strength check
[roll0] +4 for strength, +4 Improved Bullrush, +4 for Enlarge Person and Jotunbrud I think they are both effectively large (Jotunbrud) but with Enlarge Person, Jart should be effectively huge but if the dragon is medium another +4

If successful
[roll1] damage as he slam him into the wall behind him

Dreadful Wrath
DC 14 Will save or shaken 1 minute

Effects ~
Enlarged (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/enlargePerson.htm)

HumanTemplate
2019-03-21, 04:11 PM
Upstairs

Jart finally gets out of the grease spell. And charges down the hall using his body like a wrecking ball and sending the dragon against the corner of the wall. The wall breaks and some rubble from the beams above fall over the beast and Jart. Jart tries to intimidate the dragon, on top of his attack. But the dragon is angrier than impressed.

He retaliates with full fury.

PA -5 [roll0]; 2Claws [roll1]; 1 wings (too little space) [roll2] and Tail [roll3]

Damage Bite [roll4]; claws [roll5] and [roll6]; wing [roll7]; tail[roll8] Total damage 33

Utreshimon bites your shouler, sinking his teeth hard on your muscles and nerves. You then barely avoid a gutting attack that slices your armor and shreds it. A wing hits you square in the face and you feel stunned for a split second.

USELESS CAN BOY! I'LL RIP YOUR HEART!

Downstairs:

Thieren lunges at the gnoll, who, hungry and weak misses completely with his spear and insted adds momentum to the rogue's rapier which slices right into the gnoll rib's cage, you can see the famelic creature last gasp of conscioussness.

Double damage on your attack due to the Gnoll's critical miss. The gnoll is at -4. And you can tell they are not in very good conditions.

Simba
2019-03-21, 05:55 PM
Shil

Seeing Jart's spectacular charge and the dragon's bloody retaliation, Shil moves in to attack the dragon from the other side.

Staying in Martial Spirit stance, moving to flank the dragon.
attack: [roll0] damage: [roll1]

AC: 21
HPs: 46/48

HumanTemplate
2019-03-21, 06:00 PM
@Shil

Even with the flanking bonus, your attack bounces harmlessly on the dragon's skin. You'll need more than that.

Almostdead
2019-03-21, 06:20 PM
"What can you expect from gnolls? You want my weapon? Take it then! "

Andrew wave his hand and point it to the nearest gnoll.

Round 9

-Standard action to cast Sickening Blast

[roll0] Attack (Knowledge Devotion, Point Blank Shot, Elation)
[roll1] Damage

Effect: Shield(1 round left), Elation(I think I got this buff too)
Current AC 21

Fort DC 17 or be Sickened

Rex500
2019-03-21, 08:19 PM
Seeing that Jart and Shil are still engaged with the Dragon, Veldrin decides to approach the beast instead of running. Have to make the best of a bad situation. He fires another arrow.

Longbow shot
[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage
Veldrin then moves 25 feet diagonally towards U and draws his longsword.

razorback
2019-03-22, 03:36 PM
Jart withers under the assault by the dragon, falling back as he does but catching himself.
Invoking the magic of his necklace, he move like a blur away from the dragon as his wounds begin to heal. "Run, while you still can!" he calls to his allies, blood flying from his mouth.

Jart
AC - 19; Current - 18
HP - 41; Current - 9

Swift Action
Activate Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker. Move 15 feet towards #6 on the map.

Move action
Finish move about where #6 on map is

Standard Action
Use Healing belt
[roll0]

HumanTemplate
2019-03-23, 04:20 AM
Downstairs

Andrew's blast hits the gnoll right in the chest, almost taking him out.

The creature thinks about crossing the hallway to the door. But instead, tumbles down the hallway on the south (21)

Upstairs

Utreshimon moves closer to Veldrin. And furiously attacks both him and Shil.

Rolling real dice for the attacks to speed up posting, damage of hits in the dice roller of the forum. Too many things to do today. Utreshimon is attacking with power attack -5:

The dragon bites Shil, crushing throught his armor gauntlet.

2d6+6

Veldrin avoids the first claw, but the second slices under his armour and cuts his hamstring, the pain is unbearable and almost makes you sick.

[roll0]

The flapping wings miss Shil

And the tail smashes against the wall behind Utreshimon.

Rex500
2019-03-23, 10:13 AM
Veldrin winces as the second claw hits his harmstring, the pain nearly unbearable. "Argh!" he shouts. This is too much. Forgive me. the elf retreats towards the hidden entrance.

Take double move to get inside the tunnel which leads downstairs.

Simba
2019-03-23, 11:35 AM
Seeing Jart and Veldrin retreating hurt but alive, Shil decides it is time to escape as well. He runs towards the hidden entrance and takes cover there, waiting for Jart to sprint to safety, too.

Full round action: run (maximum tripple move, so of 60') to the hidden entrance and wait there for Jart to make it to safety as well.
AC; 20 (DEX does not count when running)
HPs: 46/48

BtanH
2019-03-24, 06:55 PM
Amanda sees the Gnolls are looking rather pathetic, and moves to look down the corridor, to see if more are coming. She winces again as the pain continues, and casts a spell

Move to the east to look down the hallway, taking some diagonals.
If the hallway looks clear move closer to the remaining gnoll and cast Touch Of Fatigue
If the hallway has more gnolls come down it, move back as far away as possible and cast Web taking up as much of the corridor as possible, hitting as many gnolls as possible.

Concentration DC 12 (10+1/2 damage taken since last round iirc)
[roll0]

Melee Touch Attack for Touch of Fatigue
[roll1]
DC 14 Fort Save or Fatigued if it hits

DC 16 Ref save or immobilized as per Web.

Machuchang
2019-03-25, 01:09 AM
Thieren

Thieren grimaced as the gnoll slumped against him. With a grunt, he heaved the corpse off his blade and took off after the second monster.

Sheathing his sword as he ran, Thieren pulled a dagger from his belt and hurled it after the fleeing gnoll.

Thieren sheathes the rapier and pulls a dagger while moving after the gnoll, then throws it.

Damage: [roll1]

Almostdead
2019-03-25, 09:08 AM
"Wait, where are you going? Here, catch this souvenir."
Andrew moves to stand beside Amanda and shouts to the hallway.
"And say hello to whoever wants to attack us!"
Then he tosses out a dark blast towards the escaping gnoll.

Round 10

-Move to the square beside Amanda
-Cast Eldritch blast at the gnoll

[roll1] Damage

Current AC: 17

HumanTemplate
2019-03-27, 04:37 AM
Downstairs

Between the blast and the two attacks, the Gnoll falls down hard, trying to grasp Amanda's garment.

Standing at the start of this hallway, with the dead gnoll at your feet, you see that all the western wall is full of dungeon cells, bones rotting in shackles...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a7/f5/01/a7f5015acf487835488e50ac2ad41135.jpg

The light from Thieren's lantern gives out some long shadows. And there's a smell of death that is not natural, different from the one upstairs, deeper and more unsettling.

Upstairs

Veldrin makes to the stairs while Shil also retreats.
Jart has to make a decision. He'll need to move fast and then squeeze through the stairs, trusting that Utreshimon can't follow you.

razorback
2019-03-27, 02:56 PM
Jart pauses for a moment before rushing after the others, squeezing as best he can down the stairs.

I was actually half way of trying to crash him again... but, a planned, full-party attack is probably best. :smalltongue:

HumanTemplate
2019-03-28, 04:40 AM
Upstairs

The three of you dash towards the hidden stairs, Jart knocks the wooden shelf over as he tries to squeeze in, blocking the entrance to the room, Veldrin and Shil jump down, long strides taking two steps every time until you crash against the wall where the staircase becomes a winding snail.

Utreshimon charges furiously trashing the wooden shelf and poking it's head in the stairs. But even if he could squeeze in, the dragon is aware this is a death trap for him.

NOOOOOT AGGGAAAAAINNN! YOU'LL DIE OF HUNGER!

You managed to flee.

Downstairs

You hear the conmotion echoing down the stairs.
The cells on the western wall seem empty.

However, you feel observed.

There are two doors on the western wall of the first room. Another door on the eastern wall. Then the hallway with the cells and every black spot on the map is a stone column. Perfect for ambushes.

please, roll listen and spot

Almostdead
2019-03-28, 10:15 AM
Andrew hears the dragon's roar. He presumes that his companions had survived. So he shouts back sarcastically.
"We have everlasting rations! Just give up and go home!"
Then he tries to focus his mind to observe the surrounding. But still, he can't find anything unusual.

Perception check: 2

"Rats! Maybe I should buy a pair of glasses. Amanda, Thieren, did you find anything?"

HumanTemplate
2019-03-29, 04:55 PM
Downstairs

Amanda enters in the first cell on the western wall. Looking for anything valuable or interesting. She takes a full round to do it. Meanwhile, Andrew and thieren discover that the two dead gnolls ar carrying the same symbol in yellow metal with the black inverted Y.

Jart, Shil and Veldrin finally catch up with you.

You find yourselves in a chamber with two doors in the western wall, another in the northern-eastern wall. A hallway where you see Thieren and Andrew knelt over a dead gnoll.

@Thieren. Your elven senses alert you of something lurking at the end of the hallway, to the south, moving carefully towards you from column to column. A humanoid shadow, silent and stealthy.

Machuchang
2019-03-29, 06:05 PM
Thieren

Thieren grinned up at the rest of the party when he saw them coming down the stairs.

"I'm glad to see you're all alive!" Thieren said, the relief palpable in his voice. "I intended to come back for you all, but we were held up a bit by these gnolls here." He nudged the corpse next to him for emphasis.

Suddenly, his face dropped. There was something nearby. He could barely make it out, but he was sure he saw something.

"Be careful," He lowered his voice to a whisper. "We're not alone yet. One of the gnolls whistled an alarm, and I'm sensing something nearby,"

Do the gnolls have anything else on them aside from the medallions?

Also, any additional checks I should make regarding the mysterious figure?

Rex500
2019-03-29, 08:16 PM
Veldrin smiles upon seeing Thieren. "You killed this gnoll? My friend you are full of surp..." The elf quiets upon Thieren's signal, and looks upon the area.

Veldrin used lay on hands during the staircase walk to heal 16 hp. He uses detect evil on the area Thieren is looking at.

HumanTemplate
2019-03-30, 03:57 AM
Veldrin, this place is evil. There's a lingering unhallowed aura soaking from every stone and every wall.

In the hallway you distiguish at least two different intensities. Two or more creatures. Evil and hungry.

The move into the radius of light, they look at your chest and their eyes become bright with glee.

One of them, looking stronger and more menacing, speaks in a deep graveyard voice.

Fresh flesh

https://media-waterdeep.cursecdn.com/avatars/thumbnails/0/411/1000/1000/636252786516023032.jpeg

Almostdead
2019-03-31, 10:42 AM
Seeing those creatures approach. Andrew takes a few steps backward in cautious.
"Ghouls and a ghast! They cause infections and paralysis. Better destroy them in distance. Shil, Can you turn those undead?"
"Entropy!"Then he activate his gloves and casts blast at the ghast.

-Move 10 feet backward to the upper right
-Swift action to activate gloves +2d6 damage
-Shoot blast!

[roll1] Damage

"Begone! Filthy creatures!"

BtanH
2019-03-31, 03:46 PM
Hearing the commotion, Amanda abandons her search, moving out of the cells and behind her more martially inclined allies. "I'll keep them at bay," she shouts, a note of fear in her voice.

Move - Move as far away from the undead as possible
Standard - Cast Web (Webs in a 20-ft.-radius spread), anchor it as far forward as possible so they'll need to move through as much as possible, but also make sure to catch all of them in the aoe and not catch any allies in the aoe.
Ref save or entangle, dc 16
Each round devoted to moving allows the creature to make a new Strength check or Escape Artist check. The creature moves 5 feet for each full 5 points by which the check result exceeds 10

Simba
2019-04-01, 04:25 AM
Shil

Seeing the undead coming at them, Shil seems frozen for a moment, but when Andrew shouts out he snaps back into reality. Lifting his Holy Symbol high, he channels the power of his God, ordering the monsters to be gone as they can not stand before the Holy Light of Trithereon.

HumanTemplate
2019-04-02, 02:49 AM
Amanda moves out of the cell at the presence of danger and flings a spider web that traps both ghouls. The web takes the whole back part of the hallway, but can't affect the ghast on the other side of the column.

The ghast charges forward and is hit by Andrew's eldritch blast, which blows one of the creature's arms away. The ghast advances though, and bites Thieren in the left forearm.

6 points of damage. Roll fort save DC 15 or be paralyzed 3 rounds

Shil. Your symbol shines in divine energy, affecting the two ghouls who are panicking inside Amanda's web.

Only the ghast seems a threat.

Amanda
Andrew
Ghast
Shil
Ghouls
Jart
Veldrin
Thieren

razorback
2019-04-02, 04:42 PM
Jart, still wounded but still large, sees the undead charge Andrew, taking a bit out of him. Mustering his strength, he swings his chain, trying to keep the Ghast off his ally.

Jart
AC - 19; Current - 17
HP - 41; Current - 9

Trip attack on the Ghast

Touch attack
[roll0]

If successful, opposed strength check
[roll1] inlcudes Enlarged and Improved Trip

If successful, Improved Trip granted attack
[roll2] includes +4 for prone

Damage
[roll3]

Crit 20/x2
[roll4] includes +4 for prone
[roll5]

Dreadful Wrath - Don't know if it effects anything
DC 14 Will save or shaken 1 minute

Effects ~
Enlarged

Rex500
2019-04-02, 05:55 PM
Veldrin moves besides the undead monstrosity to attack, sword in hand. "Begone, foul creature!"
Smite the ghast with longsword.
[roll0] attack
[roll1] damage.

Veldrin
HP 28/33
AC 21

HumanTemplate
2019-04-03, 03:57 AM
Jart steps over the dead gnoll and lashes at the ghast, tripping him and hitting hard with his chain. The overhand strike makes the chain spark against the rock ceiling before smashin the creatures' face and jaw.

But it is the drow who gives the Ghast the cop de grace, severing the undead's head in one clean strike.

Only the two webbed Ghouls are left.

Your arms are tired and your breath is fast, almost two minutes of a continued fight.

razorback
2019-04-05, 01:57 PM
Jart, with a grim look on his face, walks up to the ghoul on the left and swings his chain.

Jart
AC - 19; Current - 17
HP - 41; Current - 9

Attack Power attack for 4
[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Crit 20/x2
[roll2]
[roll3]

Effects ~
Enlarged

HumanTemplate
2019-04-05, 02:39 PM
Jart steps forward and cuts through the web with his chain, where the ghouls are desperately bitting and struggling against the thick web. Distracted as they are, they cannot propperly defend themselves, but the web is an effective deterent. Preventing the attack from Jart.

His chain strikes against the web and slices a good chunk of it, but can't hit the undead.

They have a dex penalty. But they also have cover, so that attack was a bit low. Jart can attack because of the reach weapon, the other melee fighters can't

The fallen ghast exhudes a most unnatural stench. All of you around it feel the revolting smell invading your lungs.

Fort save DC 15 or be sickened [roll0] minutes

Almostdead
2019-04-05, 07:53 PM
As Veldrin cuts the ghast down, its remain emits a visible stench. Though Andrew stands far enough, he still smells some odor.
"Nine hells! Let's finish this off quick!" He wrinkles his nose and steps back a little.
Then he makes a gesture and points his hand to the nearest ghoul.

-5-foot step backward
-Shoot laser

[roll1] Damage

Simba
2019-04-06, 01:59 AM
Shil

Ignoring the awful stench from the Ghast, Shil steps up to deal with the Ghouls.
He swings his sword in both hands, attacking the ghoul on the right side.

+2 on attack rolls against the ghouls from turning and they lose their DEX bonus to AC from the web.

attack with -2 for power attack, swinging the sword with both hands: [roll0] damage: [roll1]

- Stance: Martial Spirit, healing Thieren for 2 points if I hit

HumanTemplate
2019-04-07, 04:57 AM
Shil moves towards the ghouls, who are cowering and trapped by the web. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the reach to hit any of them through the dense co-webb, he slices part of the web.

Andrew's Shot strikes the thick strands too. Since he can barely see the undead.

I know it seems I am being too strict, but BthaN's description wanted to trap the ghouls well inside the Web. That would have put some of you inside the web, so I placed it a little behind, however, the ghouls are moving away from you, as they should under the turn undead effect. Slowly and aimlessly, but steady.

It is a weird situation to adjudicate. And this is an already won encounter which I don't want to drag on, but it is also an important precedent. Web is a very strong spell as it is. I don't need to make it any stronger by denying enemies the "benefit" of cover.

razorback
2019-04-08, 11:14 AM
Jart, nearly overcome by the stench of the creatures, lurches forward and back for a moment before mumbling something incoherent. Mustering his strength, he lashes out again, as he says "Back up, if you can..."

Jart
AC - 19; Current - 17
HP - 41; Current - 9

[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Crit 20/x2
[roll2]
[roll3]

Effects ~
Enlarged
Sickened - The character takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

BtanH
2019-04-08, 12:15 PM
Seeing the success of her web spell, and the effective trapping of the undeadm Amanda lets herself relax a bit and she moves further away and sits down, leaning her back against a wall. She'll leave the dirty work to the people with weapons.

Move away

Simba
2019-04-11, 01:19 AM
Shil

Finally close enough to actually attack the ghoul, Shil makes a wide, doube-handed swing to try and release the monster from its undead state.

+2 on attack rolls against the ghouls from turning and they lose their DEX bonus to AC from the web.
Power attack for 2: [roll0] damage: [roll1]

- Stance: Martial Spirit, healing Thieren for 2 points if I hit

HumanTemplate
2019-04-11, 02:07 AM
Shil powers his sword across the webs and the flesh of the cowering undead, just as the ghoul broke the spell and fied its terrible sight on the human cleric, the blade cuts the undead head off in a clean powerful swing. The headless body remains suspended by the web, the head rolls to the southern corner.

The other ghoul moves, now unscared of shil and attacks him with a venom rage. But his jaws close barely milimiters away from the cleric's face.

razorback
2019-04-11, 10:35 AM
Jart growls in frustration as he blow goes wide.
Winding up, he swings again with as much might as he can muster.

Jart
AC - 19; Current - 17
HP - 41; Current - 9

[roll0]

Damage
[roll1]

Crit 20/x2
[roll2]
[roll3]

Effects ~
Enlarged
Sickened - The character takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.

HumanTemplate
2019-04-12, 05:30 AM
Jart swings his chain, dangerously close to Thieren's paralyzed neck, the metal rips the Ghoul's head with part of the spine, a gruesome sight.

But they finally rest in peace.

End of combat

Everything is silent now, the web slowly vanishes and the hanging ghoul's bodies fall.

Jart is sickened. Thieren slowly recovers the movement of his limbs, the blood rushing back to the muscles tickles.

The place is dark and silent, except from a hiss, low and mournful, coming from the chamber in the South East.

Besides the cells on the southwestern wall, there are two doors next to the stairs, both closed and locked. A door on the Northeast wall, also closed. And archway to a chamber in the south east wall.

Simba
2019-04-12, 06:03 AM
Shil

Shil goes to check on Thieren's wound as soon as combat ends. Seeing it is just a minimal scratch, he cleans and bandages it quickly to prevent infection.

Thieren took 6 HPs from the bite, 2 of those were healed by Shil's attack on the ghoul.
Heal check to clean and bandage the wound: [roll0]

razorback
2019-04-12, 12:20 PM
Jart, once the last of the living dead is vanquished, leans back against the nearest wall, trying to hold his meager breakfast in.
Sitting heavily, he murmers. "Well, that was easy. Now we just have to deal with that pesky dragon up top. Any ideas?"

Almostdead
2019-04-14, 09:31 AM
"Well, I don't think the dragon is our first priority now." Andrew looks at Jart's wounds of lightning burn and laceration.
"We need to take a rest and regain our strength. Besides, we are pretty safe down here. At least safe from giant lizard."

He searches the dead bodies on the ground. And pick up another medallion.
He examines it closely and shows it to Shil.

"We are on the right track. I suggest we keep going down. To check if there is an exit. Even it turns out otherwise, we can still go back and deal with this dragon."

HumanTemplate
2019-04-14, 10:51 AM
I'm a bit passive since it is the characters turn to decide what to do. However, a short rest would be highly reasonable.

The silence continues. There are three doors and the chamber to the east.

Listen DC 10There's a mournful noise coming from the chamber to the east.

Machuchang
2019-04-14, 01:24 PM
Thieren

"Thanks, Shil," Thieren rubbed at the wound on his neck once the paralysis had worn off. "Those monsters got lucky. I would've... really... done... something to 'em- Gods, I am tired, aren't I?" he said, quickly changing the subject when he realized he was getting out of his depth. "Jart, I appreciate your candor, but I'm afraid I must side with Andrew on this one. We should at least take stock of our surroundings down here so we don't get ambushed or something like that. Once we have the full picture, then we can get the jump on that dragon."

razorback
2019-04-14, 08:10 PM
Jart laughs a bit, rough and bitter. "I meant not immediately, but at some point. After the last, I doubt that big lizard is going to just let us walk away with a kiss and wave."

Perception
[roll0]

He pauses a moment before swinging about. "Wait, what's that sound?" he says that he spins. "Uh, give me a moment and this will wear off." he says as he waits to shrink to normal size.

Simba
2019-04-16, 02:20 AM
Shil

Shil nods to Thieren, then carefully looks around the room for the first time since he came down. We should search this area carefully, then maybe rest a little before we go on.

[roll0]

"What's that?" he looks sharply at the door where the noise comes from.

HumanTemplate
2019-04-17, 03:58 AM
Shil and Jart

As Jart grows down to his less large form, both of you notice the moaning coming from this room...

As you walk in carefully, you see this must have been the dungeon's torture chamber.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/35/c9/f6/35c9f65808216253250f51b15fe3fd46.jpg

Hanging from one of the walls, tied to the chains, you see the source of the noise. A ghoul in terrible conditions, chained, unfeed, unable to die. It snaps its teeth at you, and it moans.

Almostdead
2019-04-17, 08:12 AM
Andrew follows Jart and Shil into the room. Then he sees the chained ghoul.
"What is this? A ghoul prisoner? In a torture chamber?"
Andrew frowns and examines the ghoul in a distance.
"It still puzzles me, what are the relationships between the dragon, the ruin and the cultists?"
Then he looks back at the ghoul.
"Maybe we should just end its suffering?"
He raises his hand and eldritch energy gathers in his palm.

HumanTemplate
2019-04-17, 08:33 AM
Andrew, there's nothing particular about this ghoul that you can discern.

But this place reeks with unnatural energy. Almost like a pulse...

razorback
2019-04-17, 03:33 PM
"Cautious... something put it here. Whether that was this morning or a year ago, my understanding is these live forever until ya kill'em. Speaking of which, check the room and keep clear of that undead. Once we are secure, I'll finish it off." Jart says as he moves just out of the creatures reach but not his.

Almostdead
2019-04-17, 08:01 PM
"You are right." Andrew nods to Jart and retracts his hand. "I feel some kind of energy pulse here. We should better be careful."
Then he snaps his finger and uses his ability to probe the whole room.

-Cast Detect magic

Machuchang
2019-04-18, 12:46 AM
Thieren

"I feel like this thing's here for a reason, but I don't want to know what it might do if someone freed it." Thieren grimaced as he examined the semi-healed bite on his arm. "I'm going to check for traps, but I think I'll give our hungry friend wide berth. Andrew, my friend, please let me know if I'm about to blow myself up or something. That would really ruin my day," He grinned up at the warlock, trying to seem more confident and relaxed than he was. With a deep breath, he went to work.

Search Check: [roll0]

HumanTemplate
2019-04-18, 06:04 AM
Thieren

Avoiding the ghoul you move around the torture instruments, tweezers to pull out nails. Long needles to pierce nailess fingers, shackles, a contraption that was probably used to extract people's brains.

A nice collection of toys for the strong of stomach.

Then you notice the Iron Maiden.

You approach it and your elf senses give you the immediate need to look around it. You open it. There's no corpse inside. You move around it.

And alas!

Concealed behind the Iron Maiden there's a section of the wall that is made to look solid rock, but you notice that the pattern in the ground is different. Cleaner, as if someone had been walking around.

You use your deft fingers to tap around and while looking for traps you find the frame of a door and a secret handle.

It is a door, made of heavy wood and iron and covered with stone.

Jart helps you to move it, after you check for traps. A long winding tunnel carved in the live stone.

Now you are faced with four choices:

The three doors in room 18, and the secret door in the torture chamber.

Andrew, your arcane eyes cannot detect any magical objects or creatures, but a moderate aura of Necromantic magic flows steadily and permanently in the air.

By now, it should be obvious: This place is cursed.

a voice in your head hammers your thoughts: this is it. take us down. Free him.

razorback
2019-04-18, 02:34 PM
Jart grunts as he goes to help Thieren move the heavy torture device. Looking back to see the bound ghoul still in place, he looks back at others. "We can finish it off before moving down or we can use it... kind of like guard. Anything getting surprised by it might let out a noise. Ready?"

Almostdead
2019-04-19, 06:25 PM
"I'm okay with that. This room is cursed. So we should get out of here quick."
Andrew walks out of the torture chamber.
"I don't think going downstairs right now is a good idea. Maybe we should clear out a room and take a rest? I'm inexperienced at dungeon matters. What do you think? Thieren? Jart?"
He looks at other doors and ask his companions.

Simba
2019-04-20, 04:27 AM
"I'm okay with that. This room is cursed. So we should get out of here quick."
Andrew walks out of the torture chamber.
"I don't think going downstairs right now is a good idea. Maybe we should clear out a room and take a rest? I'm inexperienced at dungeon matters. What do you think? Thieren? Jart?"
He looks at other doors and ask his companions.

Shil

"I think you are right. Lets rest up a little."

razorback
2019-04-20, 09:03 PM
"Sometimes its best to rest and sometimes its best to press on. You only know you're right if you live. That being said, with our scaled friend up above, I think it would be best to rest, now, and then deal with anything down here. We can develop a plan to deal with him later."

Almostdead
2019-04-21, 01:25 AM
"Alright! Let's get to action! Hope we can find a safe place to rest soon."
Andrew uses his wand to cast himself a shield. Then he moves to the first door to the west. After roughly checking for any traps, he opens the door.

[roll0]