PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

Hunterx
2019-02-22, 04:58 PM
I was thinking of this and I think it could be very powerful and fun, just need to make it better and it is a class I have never played at all so I would like some input from players that have or may have played it.

Human WU-Jen 6 Frost Mage 10 x 4
Feats:
Lv1 snow casting, Frozen magic, bonus feat
Lv3 Energy Substitution (cold)
Lv6 Lord of Uttercold
Lv 9
Lv12
Lv15
Lv18

The question is this, should I stick with Wu-Jen or go, Wizard, Sorcerer or Warmage?

The next question is this: stay Human or go into Illumian or some other raceand what would you fill in the other feats with.

Koo Rehtorb
2019-02-22, 05:47 PM
my advice is post this in the appropriate subforum

MarkVIIIMarc
2019-02-24, 11:56 PM
I was thinking of this and I think it could be very powerful and fun, just need to make it better and it is a class I have never played at all so I would like some input from players that have or may have played it.

Human WU-Jen 6 Frost Mage 10 x 4
Feats:
Lv1 snow casting, Frozen magic, bonus feat
Lv3 Energy Substitution (cold)
Lv6 Lord of Uttercold
Lv 9
Lv12
Lv15
Lv18

The question is this, should I stick with Wu-Jen or go, Wizard, Sorcerer or Warmage?

The next question is this: stay Human or go into Illumian or some other raceand what would you fill in the other feats with.

I'm not toally sure what you're getting at. Is this a 3.5 character?

LibraryOgre
2019-02-25, 10:16 AM
The Mod Wonder: I am GUESSING this is a 3.x specific thread.

Segev
2019-02-25, 10:22 AM
Why Wu Jen at all, if you're considering swapping to wizard? Generally, you don't want to re-start your spell progressions at level 1 if you can avoid it. So barring a good reason to swap between the two for some impressive boosts, I'd suggest either sticking with Wu Jen or running Wizard from the get-go.

AmeVulpes
2019-02-25, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure that Snowcasting or Frozen Magic qualify you for Energy Substitution. They don't have the [Metamagic] tag.

EDIT: Just looked at all 5 versions of Energy Substitution that I know of, and it looks like you definitely need an actual [Metamagic] feat. You have a decent argument to have your DM make an exception, though.

EDIT2: A more descriptive title might yield you more/better results.