PDA

View Full Version : Charm person and Feign Death

Aaedimus
2019-02-23, 03:51 AM
Has anyone ever used this combo??? It seems like it would be an absolute blast!!!

Charm person and suggestion are now save or die spells for boss fights! - "trust me, if you let me carry this spell it will fix everything"

"Well, technically the boss isn't "dead"... though we've got 10 days. Should we leave him? Bury him alive? Finish him off? .... drop him in a lake?"

And it's not like sleep or other spells. No concentration, and their team members can't wake them up.

It would be a must for bounty hunters! Easiest way of taking someone alive.

Dungeon-noob
2019-02-23, 04:08 AM
.............What are you on about? Gentle repose only works on corpses, so what is it supposed to be when you cast it on the boss? I mean, i guess if you want him raised in town it could help, but otherwise?

Unoriginal
2019-02-23, 04:26 AM
Has anyone ever used this combo??? It seems like it would be an absolute blast!!!

Charm person and suggestion are now save or die spells for boss fights! - "trust me, if you let me carry this spell it will fix everything"

"Well, technically the boss isn't "dead"... though we've got 10 days. Should we leave him? Bury him alive? Finish him off? .... drop him in a lake?"

And it's not like sleep or other spells. No concentration, and their team members can't wake them up.

It would be a must for bounty hunters! Easiest way of taking someone alive.

As noted above, Gentle Repose only work on corpses. A body under Gentle Repose is not "technically alive" or whatever. Just dead and not rotting.

Also even assuming it actually only put people in a coma, Charm Person or Suggestion wouldn't work, unless you're in a situation where the bad guy wants to be in a coma.

Chronos
2019-02-23, 08:42 AM
I think the OP might be mixing it up with Feign Death?

Aaedimus
2019-02-23, 10:53 AM
Sorry, yeah I meant feign death. Has anyone ever tried this?

sophontteks
2019-02-23, 10:58 AM
Could you go into a little detail about what the combo is?

Oh, I see. Your saying you can charm them to make them willing. The big caveat here is that charming them doesn't make them willing. Its a hard sell, even for a charmed creature.

Aaedimus
2019-02-23, 11:17 AM
Charm a person. don't tell them what the spell will be, only that it'll help fix everything.
Since they trust you, why wouldn't they want you to help now?

I wonder if there's a one word command you can use to command willingness

Do you think acquiesce, consent, submit, or approve would work?

Aett_Thorn
2019-02-23, 11:21 AM
Charm a person. don't tell them what the spell will be, only that it'll help fix everything.

Still won’t work. Charm person makes them react like a friendly acquaintance, but that doesn’t mean that they’d trust you to cast an unknown spell on them. Also, they don’t necessarily trust the rest of your group, who would presumably still be in either combat or conflict with them.

Command would last until the end of the enemy’s next turn, which would leave them free to react as normal when you tried to cast Feign Death on them.

Aaedimus
2019-02-23, 11:30 AM
So with command, it might be possible, but only with teamwork

JackPhoenix
2019-02-23, 04:43 PM

Do you think acquiesce, consent, submit, or approve would work?

Not really. "All right, I submit" and the enemy doesn't fight for a turn, but that doesn't make them willing to let you target them with spells.

And fix *what* everything? That there's a bunch of armed enemies in the boss' lair? If you want to kill or kick out your companions, go ahead, but you're still not casting anything on the boss himself.

Samayu
2019-02-23, 05:33 PM
Charm makes the guy sorta friendly with you. Not necessarily with your allies.

sophontteks
2019-02-23, 07:07 PM
Now a glamour bard. He's another story. His charm 'nuke' will probably make them willing to that spell along with virtually anything else you have in mind.

Aaedimus
2019-02-24, 12:13 AM
So now it's either glamour bard or suggestion. That's more expensive, but my point is, if you can find a way to make a target "willing" even for 6 seconds, Feign Death is really awesome

sophontteks
2019-02-24, 12:45 AM
So now it's either glamour bard or suggestion. That's more expensive, but my point is, if you can find a way to make a target "willing" even for 6 seconds, Feign Death is really awesome
Its a cool idea thank you for sharing. :smallbiggrin: