PDA

View Full Version : A fun Build

Moff Chumley
2007-09-27, 08:25 PM
After flipping through Complete Mage, this build occured to me: Sorcerer 2/Fighter (Or any other full BAB class, but fighter strikes me as most appropriate) 4/Abjurant Champion 5/Master Transmogrifist 8/Mindspy (Could really be anything, but I like the flavor). It would take a few spells to get up to a decent level of threat, but a Simbul Spell might work. Alternativly, if you pared the class with a Spell Weaver, that would expidiate things. Detect Thoughts, Mage Armor, Shield, Polymorph, and Bulls Strength would need to be cast in a hurry... Still it sounds like a pretty fun build to me.

Feats? Changed-around PrCs? Death Threagths? Pie?

Solo
2007-09-27, 09:04 PM
Paladin is better than Fighter for this build. Charisma to saves FTW

puppyavenger
2007-09-28, 02:32 PM
an LG mindspy?

Darrin
2007-09-28, 03:00 PM
an LG mindspy?

"Purity in thought leads to purity in deed."

*shudder*

Moff Chumley
2007-09-29, 10:57 AM
Thanks. However, upon recent reaprasail of this build, to meet MT prerequisits, mindspy must be dropped. The new build has to be Sor4/Pal3/Abjurant Chamion 5/Master Transmogrifist 8. For those of you without Complete Arcane, a master transmogrifist 8 gets 6 prefered forms, into which he can transform into for longer, be mor powerful, etc. My ideas for this were Yuan-Ti Abomination, Frost Giant, Frost Worm, Nymph, and Hellwasp swarm. Any other advice?

Draz74
2007-09-29, 11:15 AM
an LG mindspy?

OK, make it a Paladin of Tyranny (LE). Fits perfect!

The Mormegil
2007-09-29, 02:09 PM
Why the hell not Master Transmografist 10?
Awwwwwful good 10th level ability.
Let's just say, hill giant with beholder's anti-magic eye in his stomach, or even better an astral stalker with beholder's disintegrate eye-ray. You can, you do. Or, if you don't like cheese, just switch out the Quaraphon's natural armor with the Tojanida's one or the like, or maybe gain 10 tentacles from the pulp animal (which are now Huge tentacles and YOU have Str 42).

So, DEFINITELY get level 10. How? Get Battle Sorceror variant from UA (3/4 Bab, d8 HD, other goodies, less spells known). You now can get Sor 4/Pal 2/AbjCh 4/Master Transmografist 10.

Moff Chumley
2007-09-30, 04:02 PM
Right, that does sound like a good idea, and to make up for the dip in CL, one could take Practiced Spellcaster from CA.