PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to turn Unarmed Strike in to a martial or exotic weapon?

SangoProduction
2019-02-24, 12:17 AM
And no, I don't mean equipping an exotic weapon that improves unarmed strike. Turning unarmed strike itself in to one.

maruahm
2019-02-24, 12:35 AM
Some dumb brainstorming... but the feat Versatile Unarmed Strike makes your unarmed strikes into slashing weapons. This fulfills part of the requirement for being a kaorti resin weapon. If you can somehow bridge the gap, or maybe coat your hands in kaorti resin, then you'd need to take Exotic Weapon Proficiency (kaorti resin unarmed strike) to be proficient in it.

Umm, that sounds really dumb in my head. I wouldn't let someone coat their hands in kaorti resin for it to count as a kaorti resin weapon in any of my games, at least.

Edit: Is there a way to cut off a warforged's fists and replace them with kaorti resin fists? Haaa...

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-02-24, 12:42 AM
Turning your unarmed strike into a +1 aptitude weapon allows it to be used with any feats that require either a martial or exotic weapon. Doesn't work with spells or class features unless they function "as X feat," though.

Maat Mons
2019-02-24, 12:50 AM
One of the Faerun books had several special materials that made weapons "heavy," which increased their damage and turned them into exotic weapons.

Mike Miller
2019-02-24, 12:59 AM
And no, I don't mean equipping an exotic weapon that improves unarmed strike. Turning unarmed strike itself in to one.

Is there a reason why?

animewatcha
2019-02-24, 01:23 AM
Take the battlefist and wield it in a two-handed ( due to weight and awkwardness this would inevidently be ) improvised manner like a crowbar or two-by-four?

KillianHawkeye
2019-02-24, 11:58 AM
Turning unarmed strike itself in to one.

That literally doesn't make any sense. :smallconfused:

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-02-24, 12:30 PM
That literally doesn't make any sense. :smallconfused:It does if you use a +1 morphing unarmed strike...