PDA

View Full Version : Warlock multiclass help

Rallek25
2019-02-24, 02:48 AM
Hey guys,
So I had a question. I'm wanting to make a Hexblade that uses a Greataxe or Greatsword. I plan on going at least lvl 5 into warlock for extra attack. My question is how should I do multiclass? My purpose with multiclassing is to get some buff spells. I'm thinking about Divine soul sorcerer. Now should I go Hexblade 14/ Divine Soul 6? Or should I go Hexblade 5/ Divine Soul 15? I think the Hexblade 14/6 Sorcerer split would be best as the buff spells mainly reside in the 1-3 level spells. But yeah let me know what you think would be the best multiclassing option for buffing myself for defense and offense.
Thank you.

Asmotherion
2019-02-24, 04:53 AM
Honestly Extra Attack is over-ratted on this build. Just quicken Booming Blade and get Agonising Blast for when you're out of resources (or when you need a ranged optinon).

With Eldritch Smite you'll pull off a lot of nova damage each turn.

Hex 5/ Sorcerer X is how i went when i played this.

Rallek25
2019-02-24, 01:44 PM
I'm actually leaning more towards Hexblade 14 or 15/ Sorcerer 6 or 5. I'm just having difficulty with choosing the spells I would like.

Arial Black
2019-02-24, 04:32 PM
First, build a Hexblade Bladepact warlock as a melee warrior: armour of Agathys, hex, Thirsting Blade for Extra Attack, and so on. Get to War 5.

Then go Divine Soul sorcerer, to Sor 3/War 5, choosing Quickened Spell as one of your two metamagic options.

Then you have a PC that can attack twice per round like any warrior, do more damage than usual from hex and Hexblade's Curse, AND cast a spell as a bonus action every round! That spell could be anything! Your best spell, a cantrip like booming blade/green-flame blade giving you an extra attack, the Divine Soul ability to heal at range as a bonus action, or whatever you like. When you get to Sor 5/War 5 you can even keep sacred guardians going FTW!

You could even start as a sorcerer to Sor 1, then warlock to Sor 1/War 5, then sorcerer to Sor 5/War 5; this is mainly to be proficient in Con saves for Concentration, but this is personal taste.

Either way, after Sor 5/War 5, go whichever way you like! :smallsmile: