PDA

View Full Version : Moonspeaker Shifter Integration questions

kulosle
2019-02-24, 09:44 AM
So the prestige class Moonspeaker from Races of Eberron that has an ability called shifter integration. The first time you get it it lets you keep your shifter traits ability score bonus at all times. The second time you get it, it let's you keep all the benefits at all times. So my question is what if you've improved those bonus. Like if you also had Weartouched master. would you get the extra abilities from the class at all times?

The Viscount
2019-02-24, 01:41 PM
The class feature is explicit in that it only mentions the benefits of your primary shifter trait. Weretouched master gives you other benefits while shifting, but these are not your primary shifter trait, so you would not gain them.

kulosle
2019-02-24, 09:37 PM
What about say the elite shifter feats. Would you get those bonuses.

The Viscount
2019-02-25, 08:01 PM
By RAW you'd get some of them, like for example Longtooth elite is just a modification of your bite attack, and since you'd always have a bite attack, the feat would always be "on." Others, like for example longstride elite, specify "when shifting,[...]" because they're improvements of the regular bonus. I think most DMs willing to listen to reason would allow you to gain continuous benefit from elite feats like this as well as the ones that work by RAW.

kulosle
2019-02-26, 01:21 PM
Okay thanks, that clarifies the distinction between what works and what wouldn't. I'll check with my DM and double check that it's okay. Thanks.