PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my first build.

wocu
2019-02-24, 10:24 AM
I am going to have a new game in few weeks. But because I am novice I have difficulty to choose a character. Would be glad to receive any help from any experienced players.:smallsmile:
Race:
After looking through all the races I have a big desire to play as a Changeling, I just love the idea to change your appearance so you can deceive/trick your opponents.
Class:
I want to be an assassin, so logically I will take the assassin but also I am looking to have some spells that will help me to become invisible (for example). As I read, Warlock is the best variant. How this class is good with Changeling? Or should I take another race :smallconfused: If you have a link to a similar build, I would be glad to take a peak. If you have better solutions I am open to new options. The main idea is to have an assassin that is always in shadows, to have "an ace in a sleeve" if I would be surrounded and I can get out of this situation (like becoming invisible or etc).
Thank you:smallsmile:

Shuruke
2019-02-24, 10:41 AM
I think youd would like Fey warlock
You'd probably want to go 7lock 13 rogue

This would give access to greater invisibility spell

One with shadows invocation
I'd personally go tome pact
Grasp aspect of moon invocation to never need to sleep on long rest
And Misty visions

For order you could start rogue and rush assassin or 1 rogue 3 warlock then shoot for assassin

I would personally start warlock
Go to 2 and Grab misty vision for at will silent image . then go 3 rogue for assassin

Throne12
2019-02-24, 10:56 AM
Play a changeling arcane trickster rogue. Call it a day and have fun.

Man_Over_Game
2019-02-24, 11:11 AM

Agreed on this. Adding Ritual Caster will make sure you don't have to sacrifice anything for things like Find Familiar, Alarm, or Identify. You'd be a rogueish caster with a plethora of tools to cause (and escape) mischief.

wocu
2019-02-24, 11:23 AM
What race would you recommend, can I play Changelling or better someone else?

Man_Over_Game
2019-02-25, 11:32 AM
What race would you recommend, can I play Changelling or better someone else?

Changeling would be fine, as the racial ability really fits the concept.