PDA

View Full Version : Fun interactions for a character and their painted dog companion

Shuruke
2019-02-24, 04:50 PM
So I have a dnd 5e character who has a giant painted dog pup. (Later it will be her mount)
Bounty hunter bard and her faithful dog

Ive been trying to think of fun interactions between them.

Basic ones like the character using big pup as pillow

Belly rubs with really big dog

More unique ones

Dog sniffing through a misc person bag and pulling head out with old fashioned bifocals on lopsided

Someone waking up to the dog laying across them and their legs numb

The dog being praised after combat
"Who's Da good Imasha." Onna rubs behind Imasha ear
"Who dud gud job flankin the bandits" Onna Rubs Imashas tummy

"You d-" Onna scratching Imasha as she starts happily barking

Things like that

If it helps I'm asking cuz I might get around to drawing/ taking photos of people in poses from online and editing them / using them as skeletons to make a drawing.

Most ill most likely use as things they do together

What do you guys think?
Things your dogs do or did as puppies etc

noob
2019-02-25, 11:05 AM
Why is the dog painted?

Grod_The_Giant
2019-02-25, 12:12 PM
Why is the dog painted?
It's another name for African wild dogs.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/ba/African_wild_dog_%28Lycaon_pictus_pictus%29.jpg/1280px-African_wild_dog_%28Lycaon_pictus_pictus%29.jpg

As for adorable giant dog moments...

Imasha being totally cowed by much smaller cats.
Imasha running off and bringing back enormous branches/dead trees to play fetch with.
Imasha trying to fit through a small opening and getting stuck and being very confused about what.
Imasha snuffling and licking the ceiling.
Imasha curling up under the table, lifting the entire thing off the ground.

AceOfFools
2019-02-28, 09:52 PM
Utilize your dog in your role.

Using diplomacy to make nice with some new people? Have your pup give them puppy dog eyes. Tell the people that the pupper loves to get pet.

Making a perform check to pay for drinks in the bar? Have the dog howl along, surprisingly in tune. Or even do a full trained dog show with dancing and so forth.

Making a search check? Narrate how the dog is sniffing around the area, "helping."

You don't need to get any mechanical benefit from this. Just add in some descriptive flavor.