PDA

View Full Version : Random scout/warlock question.

Abstruse
2007-09-27, 09:30 PM
Does skirmish add to the damage dealt by eldritch blast?

Flawless
2007-09-27, 09:35 PM
Yes, it does. The bonus damage applays to all damage rolls if the scout has moved at leat 10ft on her turn.

Abstruse
2007-09-27, 10:08 PM
Small followup question, then -- does the eldritch blast allow for more than one attack per turn if one has sufficient BaB and takes a full-attack action?

KillianHawkeye
2007-09-27, 10:15 PM
Not unless you take a blast shape invocation that specifically allows it, such as Eldritch Glaive.

JackMage666
2007-09-27, 10:19 PM
Also, you only attack once as a Standard Action - So you can't move and do a full attack, and you'll be losing your Skirmish bonus.

TheOOB
2007-09-27, 11:18 PM
Small followup question, then -- does the eldritch blast allow for more than one attack per turn if one has sufficient BaB and takes a full-attack action?

An eldritch blast is an ability that takes a single action, you can't use it multiple times with a full-round action unless it specifically says so.

Person_Man
2007-09-28, 08:38 AM
All Invocations, including Eldritch Blast, are a standard action, which means you can only do it once per round. Skirmish damage would stack with Eldritch Blast, but Skirmish scales very very poorly and has Precision restrictions.

If you want to be a Scout/Warlock, I suggest Scout 1/Warlock 2/Scout X. Pick up Darkness and Devil's Sight Invocations. Use my Adept of Darkness (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57352) trick for Swift Action Hide in Plain Site. Use a bow as your primary weapon and pick up Greater Manyshot for some offense.

You won't be particularly powerful, but you'll be almost impossible to kill, and you'll have plenty of useful Skills (including UMD on your class list).

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-09-28, 08:50 AM
The bonus damage applays to all damage rolls if the scout has moved at leat 10ft on her turn.

Minor nitpick.

Skirmish damage applies because Eldritch Blast requires an attack roll and deals damage.

It would not apply to say a fireball.

Sundog
2007-09-28, 03:30 PM
A related question: Where is Eldritch Glaive?

Person_Man
2007-09-28, 03:50 PM
A related question: Where is Eldritch Glaive?

Dragon Magic. As a full round action you manifest a glaive for 1 round and make one touch attack with it, dealing Eldritch Blast damage (including an Eldritch Essence). If your BAB is 6+, you can make iterative attacks with it. The Glaive sticks around for 1 round, which mean you can also make AoO with it. But because its a full round action, moving and attacking is problematic. And its a full round action, not a full attack action, so you can't add attacks from other weapons/feats/abilities, such as natural weapons, Haft Strike, etc.

A Warlock/Cleric/Eldritch Disciple (Complete Mage) with Divine Power is quite a good idea when used with Eldritch Glaive.

The_Snark
2007-09-28, 04:12 PM
Question that I've been wondering for a while... Can you use Power Attack with Eldritch Glaive?

If so, would it qualify as two-handed?

Kaelik
2007-09-28, 05:23 PM
Question that I've been wondering for a while... Can you use Power Attack with Eldritch Glaive?

If so, would it qualify as two-handed?

Yes and yes.

It's an excellent source of damage for Glaive users since it is a touch attack. PA for full almost every time.

Flawless
2007-09-28, 07:33 PM
Minor nitpick.

Skirmish damage applies because Eldritch Blast requires an attack roll and deals damage.

It would not apply to say a fireball.

Yeah, you're right. I should have quoted the whole sentence...