PDA

View Full Version : Tardis

Torpin
2019-02-24, 07:11 PM
ok so i wanna built the tardis, i know i need genisis at will, temporal regression as well as gate and teleport, definitely not teleport without error and time hop
what do i need to furnish the inside, to keep disguising it and toughen the outershell

unseenmage
2019-02-24, 07:17 PM
Hmm. Wondrous Architechtire from Stronghold Builder's Guide to literally make a building that us a magic item.

Teleport Through Time (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pg/20030409b), or more likely a custom version or even more likely an epic spell version (ELH) that the Tardis itself is capable of casting... somehow.

And that should do it.

You could incorporate Magnificent Mansion or True Creation with maybe Wish: Create Magic Item: Enveloping Pit (MIC) to simulate the many chambers and rooms within the thing.

One Step Two
2019-02-24, 08:09 PM
Given that the Tardis, and all those created, are actually sentient, a Stronghold that is an Intelligent Magical Item, able to cast Teleport Through Time as it's Special Purpose Dedicated power would work. I think I made some notes on this a while ago, I'll post again if I can dig them up.

Quertus
2019-02-25, 12:05 AM
ok so i wanna built the tardis, i know i need genisis at will, temporal regression as well as gate and teleport, definitely not teleport without error and time hop
what do i need to furnish the inside, to keep disguising it and toughen the outershell

Hmm. Wondrous Architechtire from Stronghold Builder's Guide to literally make a building that us a magic item.

Teleport Through Time (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/pg/20030409b), or more likely a custom version or even more likely an epic spell version (ELH) that the Tardis itself is capable of casting... somehow.

And that should do it.

You could incorporate Magnificent Mansion or True Creation with maybe Wish: Create Magic Item: Enveloping Pit (MIC) to simulate the many chambers and rooms within the thing.

For no particular reason, I've been looking at this. You need...

Teleport Through Time
Teleport w/o Error (but it's a sentient item, so it often chooses to fail)
Fly
Mordenkainen's Magnificent Manor
Illusions (Hat of Disguise should suffice if it's a sentient item)
... And it being a sentient item.

That's a minimal TARDIS.

Note that it can reality shift, has various senses, computer records, etc etc etc.

Eldan
2019-02-25, 03:08 AM
Hm. I mean, could you build a room, make it magical architecture and then also turn the room into a construct?

Malphegor
2019-02-25, 04:32 AM
I'm thinking you'd power the spells on it with an arcane transformation field set to cast those spells if one uses any magic item enough inside them. haha, flipping the polarity over and over of a talisman of the disk!

I'd have it be able to cast a resilient sphere or equivalent spell around itself for its shielding (so decent whack spells can still hit it but basic gunfire should be ok I think?)