PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A [3.5] What domains grant Heighten Spell as a granted power?

Endarire
2019-02-24, 09:51 PM
Just as the title says: What domains grant Heighten Spell as a granted power?

Thankee!

Caudex Capite
2019-02-24, 10:13 PM
To the best of my knowledge, none of them. Neither the 1-level Cleric dip guide nor any domain list I'm aware of list any, at any rate, and I think those are pretty complete. Maybe there's one in 3rd party somewhere? Why do you expect there to be one?

Thurbane
2019-02-24, 10:46 PM
Looking at the link in my sig (http://ftm3.altervista.org/ASMoNM/domains.html)...none. I also checked the Planar domains in the Spell Compendium; nothing there either.

Does it have to be via a Domain?

Endarire
2019-02-24, 11:13 PM
I thought that this feat would be available via domain since many others are.

I wanted to find ways for level 1 followers to be able to contribute the highest-level spell slots possible to Circle Magic via Divine Metamagic: Heighten and without flaws/Faustian pacts. Remember, these followers must spend a feat to contribute to Circle Magic.

Our game assumes Divine Metamagic: Heighten functions this way.

Caudex Capite
2019-02-24, 11:41 PM
A 7th-level Red Wizard can give their followers Tattoo Focus through the Scribe Tattoo class feature, which is one way to get around the feat requirement. Naenhoon sigil Illumians get what is effectively DMM as a racial feature, though they lose out on a feat relative to vanilla humans, so it's sort of a wash. While it's cheesy as all hell, DCFS on elven racial weapon proficiencies (they're explicitly bonus feats) technically works. Similarly, you could have them take a Domain or visit a Magical Location that grants a different bonus feat and DCFS it over. There's a Magical Location in Complete Mage that grants a metamagic feat to visitors, called Metamagic Storm, but it only works for 1 person per year and only lasts for a year, so you'd have to find a way to manufacture them (they can form "anywhere that magical energy is highly concentrated and only barely controlled") to get it working for a lot of followers.